Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

molestrios posted:

Are y'all just the most miserable people on earth or is this some kind of internet angst thing

there are other places to post about baseball if you are dissatisfied with the something awful forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Endless Trash posted:

Astros cheated just like the demonrat party in the 2020 election and furthermore

Hell yeah brother

molestrios posted:

Are y'all just the most miserable people on earth or is this some kind of internet angst thing

Not sure who "y'all" is referring to here so I can neither confirm nor deny them being the most miserable people on earth.

molestrios posted:

They faced the worst team punishment in the history of the MLB I swear some of you lol

Braves ate a worse punishment for paying international prospects too much money lmao

Squall fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 30, 2021

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Liberals and baseball both loving suck but the difference is that I cannot and will not quit baseball, whereas I will never vote for a liberal ever again.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

molestrios posted:

My faux outrage will be greater than all to prove that I am indeed the better person

molestrios posted:

Good baseball post, love comedy sports forum

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
It would be nice is the dumbest and worst politics didn’t show its head in sports, but I think there’s only so much you can do to keep culture war away from the thing where everyone irrationally cheers on their arbitrarily-determined side to pulverize the other arbitrarily-determined side. The best we can do is appreciate the magisterial absurdity of the bloated idiot ex-President leading the racist chant, and continue to try to be excellent to each other.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

We deserve an Atlanta win and the chop because we forgot to salt the earth behind us when we destroyed the city last time.

I guess there's always next year.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Squall posted:

blows my mind that anyone is still paying attention to Donald Trump in 2021 lmao

Did you, uh, hear what happened with DWAC over the last 10 days?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Hand Knit posted:

It would be nice is the dumbest and worst politics didn’t show its head in sports, but I think there’s only so much you can do to keep culture war away from the thing where everyone irrationally cheers on their arbitrarily-determined side to pulverize the other arbitrarily-determined side. The best we can do is appreciate the magisterial absurdity of the bloated idiot ex-President leading the racist chant, and continue to try to be excellent to each other.

Hell yeah brother, love baseball and love your fellow man, now who can pass me the horsey paste can't smell

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Squall posted:

Braves ate a worse punishment for paying international prospects too much money lmao

Had the exact same thought. Lol What a take molester dood.

Fav part of last night was ian anderson talking to snitker after coming out. In Andersons previous outing he got shelled and after he was pulled they showed snitker talking to an upset Anderson settling him down. What a redemption. Good job ian and snit.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

There's not really gonna be a true winner for this WS is there?

If the Astros take it, they are still the most hated team in baseball for the foreseeable decade, and that legit win will probably get the haters to be more pissed since their victory means Astros fans can point to the (potential) 2021 title to deflect critics. Baseball fans just aren't ready to forgive since it's too soon in many viewership eyes.

On the other hand, if the Braves take it, their win will come out as a HUGE underdog win with their overall season being pretty mediocre, but they've donned the most racist name in baseball history for decades, have an owner that flat refuses to change it, racist chops and all, and on top of it all they get a rousing approval from the former president who almost pulled off a coop on our functioning democracy.

At this point it's best to watch for more Chaos Ball and less team tribalism antics :krakentoot:

White Light fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 30, 2021

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i like watching good pitching, and good hitting, and good fielding, and occasionally some good C******G

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Hoping for a Lock Him Up chant a la the Nats last year. It won't happen but that'd be nice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Parrotine posted:

There's not really gonna be a true winner for this WS is there?

I don't think people hating the winner invalidates them. Like if that was the case the Yankees would have none. Its just that yeah, this is clearly a Series that is gonna leave more people unhappy than happy no matter how it ends and just breed nasty bitterness and smugness rather than good feelings.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

a whole bunch of people itt seem unused to the concept of "my teams not in it so I care less"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

heck, I just love baseball and the World Series. We have 2-4 games left before the 2022 season is probably wiped out, so I'm soaking them up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tatsuta Age posted:

a whole bunch of people itt seem unused to the concept of "my teams not in it so I care less"

I think most everyone is familiar with that. I think the situation this year is usually there's some narratives or likable players or long suffering fanbase for people to rally behind and find a rooting interest in. Here we've got Dusty and the young Braves team but they're all wrapped up in negative narratives, personalities, and fanbases that it all kind of stinks.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I hope they let Trump throw the first pitch but then he just doesn't leave the mound and throws all the rest of the pitches for both teams. I wanna see dingers!!!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

yea ok posted:

i like watching good pitching, and good hitting, and good fielding, and occasionally some good C******G

Hell ya friendo. Go baseball

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Baseball is good, especially when the Astros lose

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Parrotine posted:

On the other hand, if the Braves take it, their win will come out as a HUGE underdog win with their overall season being pretty mediocre, but they've donned the most racist name in baseball history for decades, have an owner that flat refuses to change it, racist chops and all, and on top of it all they get a rousing approval from the former president who almost pulled off a coop on our functioning democracy.

Atlanta's only had the most racist name in MLB since July 23. December 13, 2020 at the latest.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Pulling Anderson was a gutsy move but also a huge credit to the way the bullpen has come together. Braves probably had to have this one and they played it basically like an elimination game.

Also Travis d’Arnaud, where has this been?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I think his thumb's been bothering him for a while

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

camoseven posted:

I hope they let Trump throw the first pitch but then he just doesn't leave the mound and throws all the rest of the pitches for both teams. I wanna see dingers!!!

Lmao if you think he can actually get the ball over the plate

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gross

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1454500870461263876?s=20

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Atlanta's only had the most racist name in MLB since July 23. December 13, 2020 at the latest.

A racist name is a racist name, there really doesn't need to be a ranking system

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I would very much like to never have to think of Randy Levine ever again.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

I would very much like to never have to think of Randy Levine ever again.

He's such a piece of poo poo....

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Honestly this Trump thing is the first time I’ve actually believed the Braves could do this because it is extremely sports for my team to succeed only under conditions that make it morally repugnant for them to do so, tainting the memory of it forever.

See also Premier League/UEFA football and literally every single thing relating to college athletics.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

What does a Yankees executive have to do with Trump getting invited to a World Series that the Yankees aren't playing in?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Are we lucky enough to have the Braves fans boo Trump like in 2019, or are we going to get an extremely cursed Let’s Go Brandon chant while they also do the chop?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Dylan Lee will get the start tonight as opener for the Braves in the World Series, which has to be one of the more improbable events in the game’s history

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Are we lucky enough to have the Braves fans boo Trump like in 2019, or are we going to get an extremely cursed Let’s Go Brandon chant while they also do the chop?

you already know the answer to this

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 30, 2021

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Let me just check exactly where the Braves stadium is and…oh…oh no…no no no this is bad this is real bad

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m so sad that I won’t be able to watch tonight and hear Joe Buck’s quiet attempt at an explanation when it inevitably happens

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

there is zero chance Trump gets booed lol

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

If he were to lecture the crowd on the importance of vaccination and mask-wearing he might get booed, but that seems improbable

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I am not happy with the Braves organization, but that’s okay, I’ll still keep watching that garbage

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Some Numbers posted:

What does a Yankees executive have to do with Trump getting invited to a World Series that the Yankees aren't playing in?

As a middle man between Trump and the Braves? Maybe? Its entirely possible Trump just said the name of the baseball man who fed his ego the most.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some Numbers posted:

They probably get WS tickets

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Btw Trump lied, he wasn’t invited he asked to go and the Braves were too cowardly to say no.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1454509910318850048

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1454510403459891200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay that's slightly better.