Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

the good news is, there still isn't any point in having one

ff7r intergrade, also kof 15 comes out in a few months and if the ps5 version ends up running better than the ps4 version i might be forced to grab one :sadrena:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played another two hours of final fantasy vii this evening and it whips so hard :3:

I did:

An attempt at fort condor.
Junon town procession and sending off of rufus.
Fought jenova on a boat
Left Costa del sol to go north west (I think) thanks to Hojo trying to tan in a lab coat

The game is amazingly good and I think I am being converted :3:

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

no one cares bro. go away.

I can't tell what's uglier, your posting or gta remaster.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MonkeyBallTweet/status/1455376259295465477?t=cp4mTI_l2DR6iGcLncW9uw&s=19

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
drat congrats

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i can tell

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Charles 1998 posted:

I can't tell what's uglier, your posting or gta remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNprYJNAzBs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
who the gently caress plays gta

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

VideoGames posted:

Played another two hours of final fantasy vii this evening and it whips so hard :3:

I did:

An attempt at fort condor.
Junon town procession and sending off of rufus.
Fought jenova on a boat
Left Costa del sol to go north west (I think) thanks to Hojo trying to tan in a lab coat

The game is amazingly good and I think I am being converted :3:

Finally, VideoGames is enjoying a good game

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

Idk what we're doing with the branches
Obviously you must've been on a branching path.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Can you put the PS5 horizontal or does it have to stand up tall because that would be inconvenient with my current setup

Also I really liked HZD despite not loving most open world games and I am looking forward to the next one, which I will definitely get and play a lot of.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You can lay it down, yeah.

Also there's no way they don't eventually put out other colors of those wings. With how many special editions the PS4 had?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Monkey Ball is so good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My old man hands successfully 1cced subterranean animism

for the first time in my life I have seen for myself the ending to a touhou game

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Khanstant posted:

especially when the superior game sleeping dogs is right there :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Eyw-39d5w

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

E: wrong chat thread

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Khanstant posted:

I'm going to next week and I'm honestly pretty stoked about it? Like looking forward to them all being on the switch?

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

LionArcher posted:

I'm going to next week and I'm honestly pretty stoked about it? Like looking forward to them all being on the switch?

:same:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

My old man hands successfully 1cced subterranean animism

for the first time in my life I have seen for myself the ending to a touhou game

I'm jelly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

I’m pretty sure no one works at Blizzard anymore

One of the new co-leads at Blizz has bounced almost immediately

Blizz is beyond radioactive atm.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

i'd post some vtuber clips, but they have foul mouths

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Stux posted:

no one cares bro. go away.

every npc in GTA remaster looks and acts like a robot and the automated animation is absolutely atrocious. the fact its also telling a stupid and borderline offensive story and taking the cool idea of "italian crimes" and turning it into "references xd" means it must be consigned to the trash can of gaming history where it belongs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Grapplejack posted:

every npc in GTA remaster looks and acts like a robot and the automated animation is absolutely atrocious. the fact its also telling a stupid and borderline offensive story and taking the cool idea of "italian crimes" and turning it into "references xd" means it must be consigned to the trash can of gaming history where it belongs.

that's effectively Take 2's attitude towards the originals

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

If The Witcher 3 was a true RPG, with a customizable main character, it would make a lot more sense as-is. But because you are explicitly Geralt the Witcher, like 50% of the quests don't make any goddamn sense. Every quest without a monster to hunt should be removed.

Also I find something deeply amusing about the fact that Witcher Senses zoom in so Geralt's big hunky body is taking up 60% of the screen. At first this really bothered me but now I interpret it to mean that Geralt's somatic sense just goes into overdrive and he can't stop thinking about his own body.

Still a good game, but the idea of buying DLC for it feels crazy when I've still got a million Skellige quests I can't see myself doing. Haven't even gotten back to Kaer Morhen yet, I'm not checking all these middle-of-the-sea marks.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Geralt gets himself dragged into non monster affairs all the time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Geralt sounds like he needs to get his poo poo together

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
In fact it's a running theme in the books that he is repeatedly being dragged into non-monster affairs where the monster turns out to be a cursed person or a mage's spell or something.

The opening to Heart of Stone is a great example of this. Of course the loving frog is a person uuugggghhhh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

If The Witcher 3 was a true RPG, with a customizable main character, it would make a lot more sense as-is. But because you are explicitly Geralt the Witcher, like 50% of the quests don't make any goddamn sense. Every quest without a monster to hunt should be removed.

Also I find something deeply amusing about the fact that Witcher Senses zoom in so Geralt's big hunky body is taking up 60% of the screen. At first this really bothered me but now I interpret it to mean that Geralt's somatic sense just goes into overdrive and he can't stop thinking about his own body.

Still a good game, but the idea of buying DLC for it feels crazy when I've still got a million Skellige quests I can't see myself doing. Haven't even gotten back to Kaer Morhen yet, I'm not checking all these middle-of-the-sea marks.

it's canon that the remaining wolf school witchers are equal parts amused and exasperated by geralt because under his grumpy businesslike exterior (like, half a millimeter under) he's an irrepressible do-gooder who's wound up in the good graces, hit lists, or both simultaneously of every personage in the land

it doesn't help that he's besties with dandelion, the biggest socialite in fantasy poland, who's been literally singing his praises for years to all the very, very important people he's inexplicably entertaining/sleeping with

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 3, 2021

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this motherfucker practically got a life-debt from emhyr by accident

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Right, I'm sure it's all very loreful. It's just also not nearly as exciting as chopping up griffons.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Muscle Tracer posted:

??????????????

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gaius Marius posted:

Geralt gets himself dragged into non monster affairs all the time.

one sword is silver, the other is steel

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Why do birds

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Infinitum posted:

One of the new co-leads at Blizz has bounced almost immediately

Blizz is beyond radioactive atm.

Man, who could have guessed this would happen to them after they were bought by Activision.

WHY didn't ANYONE see this coming??!?!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
IDK if that's fair. Blizzard itself seemed pretty rotten.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, a lot of the lawsuit claims predate the buyout.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I mean the buyout was in 2008

But yeah the chain of reasoning that somehow it was the Activision c-suite that turned "good" Blizzard into a bunch of gropey misogynists is kinda lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Muscle Tracer posted:

Right, I'm sure it's all very loreful. It's just also not nearly as exciting as chopping up griffons.
doing investigating and chatting through quests was more interesting to me than the unfun bad combat

as for horizon forbidden west, HZD was the least worst of the ubisoft-style open worlds but Forbidden West will no doubt up the bloat factor, being a sequel, and it will be worse off as a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Help

I can't stop listening to touhou music

The trumpets won't leave me alone