Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

2DCAT posted:

I'm being sincere when I say lol and lmao

This needs to be the new thread title imo

I'm 60 and having a blast just accusing each team of exploiting every war. Fanning the flames of global chat when the politics chat starts is really fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

global chat the best thing about new world

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

MH Knights posted:

US Government/Military contacting?

Ah, I see you’re a man of culture as well :agesilaus:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

BadLlama posted:

global chat the best thing about new world

It's great but I hate how badly it's formatted. It's like it was designed for forum posts instead of a chat.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I don't think outpost rush is good. With my 590 fire staff, my heavy attacks are hitting for like 500-800. This is nothing when people have like 10k+ hp. People just don't die because of all the permanent AoE healing circles everywhere. The best combos are heavy whatever with a dedicated healer because they can just keep walking forward and never die. There's also the brute bug where a team can all of a sudden be able to summon like 5 brutes from one token? I feel they need to tone down the healing for sure. It's just a clusterfuck of people swinging at each other on points and no one is dying. Also it's 50/50 if my fireball is actually gonna register as a hit.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

poemdexter posted:

I don't think outpost rush is good. With my 590 fire staff, my heavy attacks are hitting for like 500-800. This is nothing when people have like 10k+ hp. People just don't die because of all the permanent AoE healing circles everywhere. The best combos are heavy whatever with a dedicated healer because they can just keep walking forward and never die. There's also the brute bug where a team can all of a sudden be able to summon like 5 brutes from one token? I feel they need to tone down the healing for sure. It's just a clusterfuck of people swinging at each other on points and no one is dying. Also it's 50/50 if my fireball is actually gonna register as a hit.

As soon as your team has 1 cap, go kill a mob and get 25 azoth to buy “Battle Bread” in the shop. I have absolutely no idea what the actual math is, but if I had to guess it’s a multiplicative bonus and feels incredibly strong.

I’ve had multiple 20+ kill games with fire staff (and not even a good one, 540GS with a crit talent) and it really just comes down to ignoring people with heavy faction armor. Unless your server is abnormally sweaty, there should be plenty of people wandering around in light/medium who will still get absolutely demolished by heavy attack crits + fireball. Just find them and make their life sad instead of standing there and clicking on the blob of heavy dudes standing in AOE.

The demon spam, especially when it’s made worse by the north side skipping out in pregame to get a head start, is hands down the worst part of the game mode. It is very unfun to play on a point that has a demon on both sides, alternating their big vacuum attacks to just pull you endlessly from one side of the outpost to the other.

I think with the current bugs around resilience and onyx gems it’s too hard to make a statement on “healing is OP” - so much of this feels like it’s really a mitigation issue. I do expect that we will need to see some buffs to light/medium and nerds to heavy, because even with the resilience bugs being fixed there’s still basically no reason to use light or medium. Kinda wild that a heavy great axe user not only has the best defense in the game, but also the best mobility and dps.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 3, 2021

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

poemdexter posted:

You could also go for weapon effects that cut or block healing. AE healing circles really need to be for out of combat healing or something too in a PVP game.

I could see some kind of Trinity of Healers > Tanks > DPS Where DPS can have ways to block healing.

But instead we have this classless everyone is heavy armor and unkillable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lawlicaust posted:

New World: It’s pretty much Anthem

In New Worlds defense, it's already gotten more updates than Anthem.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This game sucks / owns

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

MaxPowers posted:

This needs to be the new thread title imo

I'm 60 and having a blast just accusing each team of exploiting every war. Fanning the flames of global chat when the politics chat starts is really fun too.

responding to complaints in global chat with "goty" is pretty fun while I'm harvesting herbs and weed

this is a new one though

goty

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 3, 2021

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Starting as a new player today, what are the fun exploits or bugs I should be aware of when choosing my weapons?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

responding to complaints in global chat with "goty" is pretty fun while I'm harvesting herbs and weed

this is a new one though

goty

i had the same error and had to disable ipv6 on my nic to fix it. good stuff.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
the endpoint for bootstrapping supports ipv6, but you either can't reach it (ISP is singlehomed cogent) or you were given IPv6 that doesn't actually work by your provider, so it just times out

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
my account was flagged for abusive behavior. im not banned and i dont know what i did so i put in a ticket. i havent even really griefed or anything yet so i guess just be on your best behavior

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

my account was flagged for abusive behavior. im not banned and i dont know what i did so i put in a ticket. i havent even really griefed or anything yet so i guess just be on your best behavior

did you respond to complaints in global chat with "goty"

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Biowarfare posted:

did you respond to complaints in global chat with "goty"

nope, i dont even talk in global chat. the worst thing i can think of is making fun of jeff bezos which is funny if that was it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that's definitely it

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

Dennis McClaren posted:

Starting as a new player today, what are the fun exploits or bugs I should be aware of when choosing my weapons?

If you want easy mode use a hatchet and never switch away from it. Focus on the berserker side and get the perk that increases damage as enemies are near you as soon as possible and the entire Berserker skill line.

If you want hard mode I guess you use a fire staff and try to kill stuff using only abilities.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Is the OP up to date, and the goon company for US west is still on Plancta?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

DaitoX posted:

If you want easy mode use a hatchet and never switch away from it. Focus on the berserker side and get the perk that increases damage as enemies are near you as soon as possible and the entire Berserker skill line.

If you want hard mode I guess you use a fire staff and try to kill stuff using only abilities.

Did they not fix that with the patch last night?

Also, fire staff isn't hard mode if you macro in the machine gun fire.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

nope, i dont even talk in global chat. the worst thing i can think of is making fun of jeff bezos which is funny if that was it

you're lucky they're not pressing charges

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

I usually don't experience any lag issues in games, and my wifi service is pretty great. But right now I can't even level because the lag stuttering is so bad.
My drivers are up to date, I've got power settings correct, my graphics are optimized etc. My GPU/CPU is way more than capable of handling this game. I'm on US West Plancta.

Any suggestions on how I can fix the "lag detected" issue that's causing all this stuttering making the game unplayable? I'm on a low pop server with a good wifi signal, so this doesn't make any sense?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also they locked the thread so fewer people will see it

https://forums.newworld.com/t/extremely-critical-super-easy-method-for-banned-players-to-unban-themself/500769/2

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol and lmao

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

BadLlama posted:

lol and lmao

:rubby:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
now i wish i got a longer ban than 24h after spamming images in chat for 2 days so i can test this stupid bug

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Lol, so much for the stans crying out how they are going to ban the people who duped.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

This sucks. I was really excited to give this a try. I even made it to lv3 before the lag and connectivity issues made it unplayable. I'm just rubber-banding and warping all over. I've never had this issue outside of New World, so I know it's not on my end. It's not even peak hours on a low pop server?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dennis McClaren posted:

This sucks. I was really excited to give this a try. I even made it to lv3 before the lag and connectivity issues made it unplayable. I'm just rubber-banding and warping all over. I've never had this issue outside of New World, so I know it's not on my end. It's not even peak hours on a low pop server?

You should read this thread

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

sharknado slashfic posted:

AGS needs help. There are over 165 job openings and they could use some assistance with New World.
Discussion
I think they are struggling to find great programmers. Amazon funneled them $400million for new hires. If you are a good programmer and looking for a job. They need help. They are understaffed and the programming team they have is struggling to keep up with so many players finding bugs / exploits so fast.

No joke, go apply. And negotiate a salary based on your skills. If you can help them, do it. They are overwhelmed and understaffed for how popular this game is.

At its current rate, will be a year before the game is stable.

With an influx of programmers they can knock that down to 6 months….

Discuss.

You could probably get paid for 6 months tops. Then say hello to layoffs!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ruggan posted:

You could probably get paid for 6 months tops. Then say hello to layoffs!

wow, 6 months of pay AND you get to put this game on your resume, what a deal

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dennis McClaren posted:

The game is a flaming disaster so if you're positive it's not on your end, that's a good place to start.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

BadLlama posted:

lol and lmao

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Jazerus posted:

wow, 6 months of pay AND you get to put this game on your resume, what a deal

6 months and early severance when the game is shut down for good

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
the new disruption in the games industry: migrant workers but for coding

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
If the fishing botters disappear prices are going to soar its gonna be wild

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

Did they not fix that with the patch last night?

Also, fire staff isn't hard mode if you macro in the machine gun fire.

I don't think so, hatchet still seemed to ramp up at least when I played today.

Fire staff has been broken since launch, it just got worse last week. Maybe it got a little better now but I doubt it works properly. I however have not tested this myself (I got rid off fire staff right before the patch since I maxed it). Fire staff can both be easy mode or hard mode indeed, depending on how much effort you want to put into exploiting weapons to do more damage. Hatchet certainly is low effort (zero actually).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

If the fishing botters disappear prices are going to soar its gonna be wild

Why do you think this?