Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Once Toejam & Earl hits the Sega Online thing, I'll be able to delete the classics collection and never look back.

gently caress I love that game. Newest one is pretty great, too.

I assume staples such as Beyond Oasis and Shining Force 2 are coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 22, 2021

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

🙏

on a less negative note i'm looking to buy an adapter for my ps4 fightstick for switch. i used to have a brook one that worked but felt janky but i lost it very quickly.

there's these two from brook, pretty much what i had before. i think the only difference is one also supports xbox controllers which i don't need.
https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/10323791/
https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/81849027/

theres also this thing from mayflash which looks like it would work as well. anyone have any thoughts. or prayers.
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-MAGIC-NS-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B074JZPS39

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

b_d posted:

🙏

on a less negative note i'm looking to buy an adapter for my ps4 fightstick for switch. i used to have a brook one that worked but felt janky but i lost it very quickly.

there's these two from brook, pretty much what i had before. i think the only difference is one also supports xbox controllers which i don't need.

theres also this thing from mayflash which looks like it would work as well. anyone have any thoughts. or prayers.
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-MAGIC-NS-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B074JZPS39

I have a Mayflash one that I use to connect that 8bitdo Switch fightstick to my PS4, and it works great. can't speak to that specific adaptor tho

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I thought I would wake up to a new Switch thread title, not a completely new Switch thread, so congratulations, you guys played me. :golfclap:

b_d posted:

🙏

Can't say anything about fight sticks, but I used the Mayflash adapter for quite a while on my Switch and it works great. I mostly used it with a Wii U Pro Controller but I did test DS4s with it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
skipping hahead to now to say pointless closing a thread never do it again or face my wrath

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

actually thanks for closing the thread and making a new one that won't crash my mobile explorer

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

actually thanks for closing the thread and making a new one that won't crash my mobile explorer

Use the awful app it's actually good!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Augus posted:

if oot has emulation issues on switch then mm definitely will have them too

Majora's Mask was also more demanding and ran worse than OoT so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot worse on NSO. However by then maybe they'll have ironed everything out?

I suggest the Awful app, works really well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

skipping hahead to now to say pointless closing a thread never do it again or face my wrath

This is the Smtv Thread, the game switch is dead without

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

b_d posted:

three people on wifi trying to use the built in online feature to watch someone play a 1-player n64 game online are loving fail and deserve to have all the sound replaced by chittering demon noises. its obviously not possible to reproduce sound over connections with latency without making a bunch of crazy rear end stuttering noises and nintendo knows this. if you want to do some weird thing like watch your friend play a game online then get a loving elgato and set up obs and stream to twitch. dumb rear end!!!!!!!

this but unironically

sigher posted:

Majora's Mask was also more demanding and ran worse than OoT so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot worse on NSO. However by then maybe they'll have ironed everything out?

oot doesnt run badly, therhes a frame of input latency. frame rate wisie everything is solid.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The poor audio on poor connections is to be expected but it is kind of poo poo. I would expect people to want to play through a single-player game together online or not. A more intimate form of Let's Play. I don't know if something like rollback would prevent that altogether but at any rate, it's a fair complaint even if it can be otherwise avoided.

Lastdancer posted:

I look forward to your future reports on the Blitzball if you play it past the mandatory match.

Oh I definitely plan on digging into it, it's the only thing I really remember from watching my best friend in high school go through parts of the game.

Thunder Bear posted:

FAKE EDIT: I enjoy your sincere takes and insights on whatever game you're playing. :)

Thanks! The best part of this thread is hearing people talk about games they've enjoyed (or haven't!).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sickening ports if you ask me! Barely fit to force my children to joylessly play before i pony up for roblox scrip

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Use the awful app it's actually good!

Never! I will never use more convinient means, until I do and slap myself for not changing earlier! You can't force me!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I just played MK64 and am wondering if I've turned poo poo at it in my old age, or the lag/controls are just super bad.

Are all the N64 games equally bad? Or does their performance/lag vary from game to game?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
its only oot and its not very much at all

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Never! I will never use more convinient means, until I do and slap myself for not changing earlier! You can't force me!

I get it, I didnt start using the app until earlier this year and felt the same way until I did!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Dragon Quest 11 Demo is really fun, thanks to everyone that recommended it to me, also cursing all of you who recommended it to me because I'm an hour into what I've read is a hundred hour game.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Ziploc posted:

I just played MK64 and am wondering if I've turned poo poo at it in my old age, or the lag/controls are just super bad.

Are all the N64 games equally bad? Or does their performance/lag vary from game to game?

For MK64 I feel like it's getting used to the changes in drifting from later games plus intense rubber banding AI.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stux posted:

this but unironically

oot doesnt run badly, therhes a frame of input latency. frame rate wisie everything is solid.

it’s a lot more than a frame of latency, closer to 5 frames (in a 20fps game)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ziploc posted:

blame the gamer, not the game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Augus posted:

it’s a lot more than a frame of latency, closer to 5 frames (in a 20fps game)

so you havnt played it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

Dragon Quest 11 Demo is really fun, thanks to everyone that recommended it to me, also cursing all of you who recommended it to me because I'm an hour into what I've read is a hundred hour game.

Hey you wanted a JRPG! Have fun friend!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I did a bad job as thread IK so the admins punished me by promoting me to a Games mod.

If you have any feedback on how you want this thread post it in the Games Feedback thread and I'll try my best to keep things chill. I'll probably do an effort post there later so as not to derail chat about sweet Switch games.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Ziploc posted:

MK64 handles very differently than every mario kart game after it. I suck horrendously at it after years of newer mario karts.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Mega64 posted:

I did a bad job as thread IK so the admins punished me by promoting me to a Games mod.

If you have any feedback on how you want this thread post it in the Games Feedback thread and I'll try my best to keep things chill. I'll probably do an effort post there later so as not to derail chat about sweet Switch games.

ha ha you dumb rear end good luck

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mega64 posted:

lmao rip to a real one

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Mega64 posted:

In true Nintendo fashion we paid a premium fee for something else and got something alright out of it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stux posted:

so you havnt played it
/

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mega64 posted:

stux isn't allowed to post but he can edit other people's posts

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Say Stux is right without saying Stux is right.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

American McGay posted:

Just have to read your posts. :D

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sucking up to him for quoting your spamcasm last thread

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

There's something weird with MK64, always has been. It has something to do with how far back the camera is from your kart, though zooming out doesn't change it.

It's really hard to explain, but it's as if there's an invisible line coming straight out the back of your kart and when you drift, say, to the left, that line almost pulls you OVER to the left first, and vice versa for the right.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Sucking up to him for quoting your spamcasm last thread

i don't think anyone here is quite on the level of brown-nosing via empty quotes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American McGay posted:

stux is often right but right now he is wrong (and crying(like a little baby))

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mega64 posted:

that sucks man. i'm sorry. also i have to send you actionable death threats now. you know how it is.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

b_d posted:

that sucks man. i'm sorry. also i have to send you actionable death threats now. you know how it is.

I wouldn't be a true mod without 'em!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Is 1-2-Switch good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

thanks folks for your input on splatoon and info on isaac!