Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Saw this on the Facebook from one of my friends, realized it was better than my Hans Moleman attempt earlier:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Homer actually got built

https://twitter.com/mims/status/1456264080512065546?s=20

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Turbines were the future.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Imagine hitting a deer with that at highway speeds

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The only car cooler than that is Adam West's batmobile.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Needs a separate dome for the kids

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

Turbines were the future.

IGNORE ME IF YOU WANT SIMPSONS MEMES

Interestingly, since we are almost certainly switching to EV in the coming decade or so, and we definitely don't have enough raw battery material, the solution will almost certainly be to carry a smaller batter pack for 90% of uses since that requires less than 50ish miles of range, and also have a small engine to charge those batteries/feed the motor kind of like trains do. The range extender will need to be small, light, and good at maintaining the same power for hours on end. Since you don't have to continuously throttle it and only needs to be sized to keep up with average power demand, a gas turbine becomes a viable method of propulsion. Making it cost effective compared to a rotax or other light plane motor will be the real issue.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Big Beef City posted:

Imagine hitting a deer with that at highway speeds

mmmmm ground venison *gurgle noise*

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I think that was Super Hornio Bros. and your parents may have some explaining to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Koopa%27s_Kool_Kartoons

"KKKK? Nah, that's fine."

Edit: Pretty sure I was a card-carrying member of the Koopa Kids Club.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CPColin posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Koopa%27s_Kool_Kartoons

"KKKK? Nah, that's fine."

Edit: Pretty sure I was a card-carrying member of the Koopa Kids Club.

Surely is was the Koopa Kids Klub.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

fartknocker posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Yep, there we go. Wasn’t there also a Karl’s Kar Korral or something like that in one episode as well? I feel like they’ve done that joke a few different times.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Now's your chance to [steam] a big [hyper link blocked]: https://youtu.be/P52SGEpFfX4

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

fartknocker posted:

I have a feeling it was both "King Koopa's Kartoons" and "Koopa Kids Klub" until somebody intervened

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I laughed as a kid when I first saw that joke and then laughed even harder as an adult when I got the joke about it happening at the Apollo Theater.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've been saying ever since disney bought all media on the planet that they're going to find a way to get mickey mouse to team up with captain america to fight darth vader, and here we go

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I laughed as a kid when I first saw that joke and then laughed even harder as an adult when I got the joke about it happening at the Apollo Theater.

What.

Edit: Oh poo poo, nm, I misunderstood that and thought you meant it was referencing something that actually happened at the Apollo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I had the same experience! As a child I realized it was a bad thing that happened and that was funny, and then as an adult I realized it was a bad thing that happened at the WORST possible place for it to have happened and that made it even funnier.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

i've been saying ever since disney bought all media on the planet that they're going to find a way to get mickey mouse to team up with captain america to fight darth vader, and here we go

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sagebrush posted:

This isn't the first thing, though. Disney+ already had that "The Good, The Bart, and the Loki" short earlier this year.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol I never made that connection before holy cow

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

um excuse me posted:

IGNORE ME IF YOU WANT SIMPSONS MEMES

Interestingly, since we are almost certainly switching to EV in the coming decade or so, and we definitely don't have enough raw battery material, the solution will almost certainly be to carry a smaller batter pack for 90% of uses since that requires less than 50ish miles of range
So, an ebike?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Lol I never made that connection before holy cow

Idgi.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The Apollo Theater was a big make it or break it venue for entertainers, in front of an almost entirely black audience. You'd either get heckled and booed off stage or if you could win the audience over, you'd be a legend.

Probably not a great idea to immediately come across as a racist in that environment.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Apollo theatre
Hitler

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jestery posted:

Apollo theatre
Hitler

And he was never invited back

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Edmund Sparkler posted:

The Apollo Theater was a big make it or break it venue for entertainers, in front of an almost entirely black audience. You'd either get heckled and booed off stage or if you could win the audience over, you'd be a legend.

Probably not a great idea to immediately come across as a racist in that environment.

Dang you and I really are Vikings at getting that joke

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:dudsmile:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:bisonyes:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:dudsmile:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
Oh boy, the Vikings! That's where I'm asleep!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Montague Tigg posted:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Montague Tigg posted:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Montague Tigg posted:

E: From the Apple Arcade version of The Oregon Trail:

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 5, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/simpsoncrapmeme/status/1456693900916183040

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/fortressofmemes/status/1455563855279628293?s=21

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

This but she's saying racecar and Kirk appears startled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man