Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
heavy melee with heavy healer is still the way to win OR games. It's easier to kill non heavy people, but it's almost impossible to kill heavy melee that have dedicated healers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
It is post patch and there isn't list of crazy bugs in this thread yet. I'm confused.

Edit:

GoGoGadget posted:

How are the fishing bots gone?

I'm guessing because they disabled family sharing.
https://forums.newworld.com/t/notice-family-sharing-update/509393

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 4, 2021

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
The meltdowns keep happening and I'm loving it!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Its a good thing the AH is being linked to all settlements, hopefully storage will to.

Those two things were left over from when it was a good pvp game so if you wanted to transport goods you ran the risk of losing it to this now very bad PVE game that left in a lot of pvp stuff that just doesn't work when your game is just a bad pve game.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I liked local banking and storage.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

it did make it easy to make money off people that didn't know how to select all settlements when in the AH

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man this game just made me realize Everquest is free to play.

Nostalgia alone is making me want to download it

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

GoGoGadget posted:

How are the fishing bots gone?

they've been slowly fading away ever since coin rewards were removed from fishing treasures a few weeks ago, in addition to the several changes that were meant to gently caress with the hooks that fishbots were using (like the hotspot message removal). I haven't seen one in a good while and the hotspot at Yonas isnt perma-camped anymore

thats not to say bots dont exist, but they're doing things that arent openwater fishing

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Harton posted:

I loved eq1 but I just can't do it with the aged graphics.

Remake eq1 with nw-tier graphics and I'm loving down. But to be clear, I don't want eq2. I don't want eq3. I want eq1, on an updated engine.

Okay...maybe with some other tweaks, too... I love the action combat style.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Just the fact that you have each territory providing extra storage for leveling that territory makes me think combining all storages is a difficult task. At the least I think they would announce their intention to do so. Hard to see this happening.

Speaking of territory level up bonuses, someone did the math on gathering and determined that '+Gathering Speed' is actually '+Gathering Yield'!
Pretty cool benefit, and I hope it actually stays this way.
Some other cool takeaways from their post...

https://old.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/qmpdss/i_recorded_drops_from_1000_more_boars_and_other/

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Is there a good mmo out there or is WoW still the best one?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Harton posted:

games are bad and mmos are really bad

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I loved eq1 but I just can't do it with the aged graphics.

Remake eq1 with nw-tier graphics and I'm loving down. But to be clear, I don't want eq2. I don't want eq3. I want eq1, on an updated engine.

Okay...maybe with some other tweaks, too... I love the action combat style.

Hell, I'd say the same thing about asheron's call 1. Bring that game back with an updated engine. Having an entire half a continent have 2 spawn points total made exploring much more fun and hair raising.

I could also see uo1 with updated graphics being popular again too. Like, the only mmo I can think of that has done the upgraded graphics thing is eve online. And they did that without rebranding. Just slapped in a new engine and kept going.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Harton posted:

Retail or Classic Wow aren't even the best WoW you can ostensibly play.

Also who in their right mind would give Blizzard their money

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Retail or Classic Wow aren't even the best WoW you can ostensibly play.

Also who in their right mind would give Blizzard their money

So should I repeat the question or can you just re-read what I posted originally?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Harton posted:

So should I repeat the question or can you just re-read what I posted originally?

You can play FFXIV or ESO, MMORPGs are pretty much dead.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harton posted:

Have you tried FFXIV?

I would have to say it’s probably the best.

I can’t say the combat is better but it’s pretty good and the story is pretty great.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
The best MMO is the one your irl friends play. The second best MMO is just going to bed early and getting some decent sleep.

The third best is probably FFXIV.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Have you tried FFXIV?

I would have to say it’s probably the best.

I can’t say the combat is better but it’s pretty good and the story is pretty great.

No I haven’t played an mmo since wow burning crusade I believe. I don’t really care about a story, more into dungeons and group stuff.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Harton posted:

That's nothing. A friend roped me into playing Ultima Online (a server called Outlands).

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

gbuchold posted:

The best MMO is the one your irl friends play. The second best MMO is just going to bed early and getting some decent sleep.

The third best is probably FFXIV.

It’s crazy cause it seemed like there would always be a major MMO going after EQ and WOW.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Harton posted:

No I haven’t played an mmo since wow burning crusade I believe. I don’t really care about a story, more into dungeons and group stuff.

The dungeons in this game aren't that good.

On the flipside, at high level I can go to a low level mob spawn and actually have fun killing things. That has never been true of any MMO I've played prior to this one.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Hemish posted:

That's nothing. A friend roped me into playing Ultima Online (a server called Outlands).

Lol, none of this will work if I can’t rope my friends into it as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harton posted:

Either FFXIV or Guild Wars 2

FFXIV has a really great free trial.

Pretty sure you can get Guild Wars 2 free right now if you have amazon prime.

I'd check both of those out since you don't have to really outlay anything.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Harton posted:

If you don't like story, you probably won't like ff14.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Harton posted:

GW2 is pretty good, light on story. Not great dungeons tho. Cool classes & stuff for groups to do. FFXIV is fantastic, great dungeons and settings. Also, VERY story heavy. Like 280 hours of story - which is really good but if you don't care about story in your JRPG, not for you prolly.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Peachfart posted:

If you don't like story, you probably won't like ff14.

I'm honestly surprised that ff14 is popular then, because if you sit by a story npc in any mmo, the vast majority of people don't spend enough time there to read or listen to the content.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
It's chock full of cutscenes, and people mostly don't skip them. Even mashing through the dialogue boxes elsewhere in the game, you get a bunch of story from cutscenes alone.

New World on the other hand has one cutscene where a man whose face you can't see at all talks to a man whose face you can't see very well, and these are the memorable NPCs meant to drive the story and draw the players in

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Gadfly posted:

I'm honestly surprised that ff14 is popular then, because if you sit by a story npc in any mmo, the vast majority of people don't spend enough time there to read or listen to the content.

It’s because it’s a pretty decent story.

I tuned out pretty quick for the NW story because it wasn’t great.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Harton posted:

WoW is probably still the best MMO out.

That FFXIV is a snoozefest, by the time you get to end game you've already burnt yourself out with texts and cutscenes.

If I cared about story telling and cutscenes I'd read a book or watch some movie instead because you'll save immense time like that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do you consider loot-accumulating online multiplayer games like Warframe to be MMOs?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I never pay attention to story in games, it’s all about the gameplay loop.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The Lone Badger posted:

Do you consider loot-accumulating online multiplayer games like Warframe to be MMOs?

No

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

The Lone Badger posted:

These games are called ARPGs and can come in various perspectives. Two popular examples are Borderlands and Diablo.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

theguybro posted:

WoW is probably still the best MMO out.

That FFXIV is a snoozefest, by the time you get to end game you've already burnt yourself out with texts and cutscenes.

If I cared about story telling and cutscenes I'd read a book or watch some movie instead because you'll save immense time like that.

I think right now if you don’t like story stuff in games at all, and you aren’t into RuneScape, there isn’t really a good mmo for you. Action mmos fell on their face really hard, mainly due to mostly being Korean mmos with most of the baggage those have.

Good news is there are lots of just regular multiplayer games that loving rock, so just ignore mmos for awhile again.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

So…. Word is the game crashed. Like server down crash…

Lol and lmao

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I think right now if you don’t like story stuff in games at all, and you aren’t into RuneScape, there isn’t really a good mmo for you. Action mmos fell on their face really hard, mainly due to mostly being Korean mmos with most of the baggage those have.

Good news is there are lots of just regular multiplayer games that loving rock, so just ignore mmos for awhile again.

Apparently Lost Ark is pretty fun across a bunch of genre/system type tropes. Maybe check that out too.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

ASAPI posted:

Lol and lmao

Been playing fine all night here

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

ASAPI posted:

Lol and lmao

Just logged off 10 minutes ago and it was fine 🤷🏾‍♂️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I blue myself today