Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Without the printing press we wouldn't have gotten the amazing book cover with Jorp Daughter doing a glam bikini shoot, as a sad, tiny Jorp stands in the background, looking at the ground in his bath towel.

I honestly would 100% buy it that the daughter's meat thing is pure grift, but Jorp really does it.

I'm p sure that book cover was a joke made by someone on twitter, but its still brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
AFAIK it’s entirely sincere, but produced by a jorp superfan and in no way actually affiliated with the Petersons other than using their likenesses and crediting them in the foreword.

I do not care to be corrected on this.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

probs not gonna look it up

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
The book is listed on Amazon and Goodreads, I think it exists, but yeah it's unofficial.

Btw Mikhaila found God now and is a Christian. What kind of Christian? "Protestant, probably."

https://www.christiantoday.com/article/jordan.petersons.daughter.describes.very.sudden.conversion.to.christianity/137667.htm

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2021/october/i-found-god-jordan-petersons-daughter-comes-to-faith

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The fun thing about grift is that it works all the better the more half assed you are about it.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Exactly, you have to give the marks plotholes to fill with their fanfiction.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Mr Interweb posted:

look at his maroon:

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1455759676159709187

"no, no. it's okay, I'M allowed to violate my own rules since i made them :smug: "

Lol wasn't that image from several years ago as well? So it's taken him that long for it to be "drat near clean"?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Also the tuning pegs and tailpiece aren't original lmao :psyduck:

lmao

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The fun thing about grift is that it works all the better the more half assed you are about it.

"Is that your bible?"
"It's A bible"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

chippy posted:

Lol wasn't that image from several years ago as well? So it's taken him that long for it to be "drat near clean"?

He just shoved it all under his bed

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"I didn't say I should clean my room. I said you should clean your room. That's being precise in your speech."

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
If you can still mail order jooose from russia I'll chip in to ship some to Jorp.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Poohs Packin posted:

probs not gonna look it up

you don't get a choice, pal!

tiny Jorp is actually in the foreground so I guess Mikailp is like twenty feet tall.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I still can't believe people talk about anything other than the grandma pube story. It should be the only thing he's known for.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Who What Now posted:

I still can't believe people talk about anything other than the grandma pube story. It should be the only thing he's known for.

That, and being an enormous hypocritical turd.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGXtR-zJta0

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

:whitewater:

Is this what cultural marxism does to a mind

Tophereth
Mar 27, 2009

that's hot

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I watch a fairly small time philosophy channel who a few months back did a video about Jorp positing him as kind of an evil twin of the kind of people who take on lefty/progressive traits without really walking the walk. (And also dunking on Jorp's superficial reading of Nietzsche.)

Jorp found this guy and started beefing with him in the comments, so now there is a second video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7aSJ-q4h4

It's pretty dry and academic, on account of being by an academic philosopher, but still pretty fun if you like people dunking on Peterson.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXiXn8Oec8

"he sounds like air leaking out of [ ] a week old balloon"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

kntfkr posted:

Ahahahah loving :lol:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Puppy Time posted:

It's pretty dry and academic, on account of being by an academic philosopher, but still pretty fun if you like people dunking on Peterson.

oh this is a good video. he basically calls peterson a faith healer for people who think they are too smart to go to church. perfect characterization

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Someone made this in the newspaper comics thread:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

*sigh* "Go clean your room, it's disgusting."

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Martman posted:

*sigh* "Go clean your room, it's disgusting."

“That was a long time ago! It’s nearly spotless now.”

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

so some random lobster replied to a comment i made months ago regarding that clip of jorp complaining that he can't hit 'crazy women', trying to defend his lobster daddy's honor. here's how it went:

me: man, jorp REALLY wishes he could punch women, huh
lobster: YOU'RE TAKING HIM OUT OF CONTXET!! :argh: JP never argues nor implies that he wants to punch women. what he's trying to say is *basically repeats jorp's arguments in the video*
me: okay, you realize you didn't actually explain anything and just repeated what jorp said right?
lobster: what he's trying to say is that, that's quite OBVIOUS, actually, is that society frowns upon men committing violence against women
me: so you're saying jorp ISN'T arguing men/he should be able to hit women?
lobster: not at all
me: but he says that interactions between men are civil because there is an understanding that things will get violent otherwise. so shouldn't the same apply with conversations against women?
lobster: no he's not saying that. he's just making an observation
me: really? you don't think he seems emotional at all in that video? you don't think he wishes things were different?
lobster: no, JP is a scientist and is just describing a phenomenon
lobster: so he's arguing that a woman being 'crazy' is just like a force of nature like a tornado or hurricane? nothing can or should be done about it?
lobster: he's arguing that women should be responsible for controlling their crazy sisters
men: and if women DON'T control their 'crazy sisters'?
lobster: well that would be unfortunate
men: and so men should just helplessly go around being abused by said crazy women? should we be 'helpless' to defend ourselves like jorp said? because i don't get the impression at all that jorp thinks we should live and let live, especially the woman he referenced that repeatedly called him a nazi
lobster: no, he doesn't want to hurt women, he just wants them to realize if they keep this up, they WILL be hurt.

arguing with lobsters is always a chore, but it's amazing how hard they try to deny jorp is saying exactly the kind of poo poo they agree with him about in the first place

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

lobster: no, he doesn't want to hurt women, he just wants them to realize if they keep this up, they WILL be hurt.

by....?

:iiam:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
jorp would never punch a woman, all he's saying is that the unbending rules of the universe dictate that he should punch a woman, which in no way reflects on his person, that's just a fact

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mr Interweb posted:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

so after about 30 or so back and forth posts, the aforementioned lobster, who vociferously denied jorp was arguing that he/men should be able to hit women because he's not that type of scummy person, finally admitted that yes, that's exactly what jorp was saying and furthermore there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, ACTUALLY

:suicide:

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Mr Interweb posted:

so after about 30 or so back and forth posts, the aforementioned lobster, who vociferously denied jorp was arguing that he/men should be able to hit women because he's not that type of scummy person, finally admitted that yes, that's exactly what jorp was saying and furthermore there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, ACTUALLY

:suicide:
The lurker advice:

Tell them that it appears your original statement was accurate and they were clearly getting too emotional to respond logically, wasting both their and your time.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

kntfkr posted:

The joke is okay but then this loving loser goes on to generalize all autistic people as pedophiles and bronies.

This guy is a loving rear end in a top hat. gently caress him. Him and JP should get together and have a big bigotry party because from where I'm standing they're the same piece of poo poo.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 9, 2021

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Manzoon posted:

The lurker advice:

Tell them that it appears your original statement was accurate and they were clearly getting too emotional to respond logically, wasting both their and your time.

Please do this.

Imply you were the one being logical and reasonable, and they being upset.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Who What Now posted:

Wait. That's a real quote?

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Jelly posted:

The joke is okay but then this loving loser goes on to generalize all autistic people as pedophiles and bronies.

At some point you would think that if you have a witch cackle of a laugh, and you laugh a lot, maybe not deep throat the mic as you do it. But there you have it.

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

azurite posted:

Wait. That's a real quote?

it's not just a quote, he published it in his best selling book

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Yet more evidence for my theory that nobody who likes Jorp has ever actually read his books and just buys them and pretends to like them performatively

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Geisladisk posted:

Yet more evidence for my theory that nobody who likes Jorp has ever actually read his books and just buys them and pretends to like them performatively

That's almost all modern culture books, really. I don't think a single person has ever read any political candidate's book, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordy's like a melody in my head