Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Gragson destroyed the rear of that car doing burnouts lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Good race. Fun to watch, probably going to be the best race of the weekend.

And karma got Gibbs at the end which was even sweeter.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

gragson was amped to win that race

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

chamois posted:

gragson was amped to win that race

I was waiting for the massive barrage of curses and stuff but nope, he shotgunned a beer, tried not to cry and was just so pumped. Now I want Noah to win it all next week.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if a guy with double your wins is a hack, what does that make you, dennis?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

chamois posted:

if a guy with double your wins is a hack, what does that make you, dennis?

A title contender

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

gently caress Hamlin but double gently caress Bowman for being so aggressive he almost ended a guys shot at the top 4. That smelled like some bullshit Hendricks crap due to Elliott getting spun earlier.

Race was good though. I was really hoping Kyle was going to punt Bowman and win and get into the finals.

Larson deserves the cup because his season was an all timer, but gently caress him too.

Go Truex.

E: the crowd booing the poo poo out of Hamlin during his interview was amazing.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Douchebag posted:

E: the crowd booing the poo poo out of Hamlin during his interview was amazing.

People forget that after that Dale Sr. victory at Bristol where he spun Terry Labonte, he was practically drowned out with boos during his interview

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

GD_American posted:

People forget that after that Dale Sr. victory at Bristol where he spun Terry Labonte, he was practically drowned out with boos during his interview

Oh I remember it. I also remember Dales smile during that interview haha

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think anyone's opinion of any driver has changed as a result of this drama

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
This is king poo poo
https://twitter.com/alex_bowman/status/1454967817908981766?s=21

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

chamois posted:

I don't think anyone's opinion of any driver has changed as a result of this drama

It's nice to see Hamlin exhibit something like real human personality

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:captainpop:

https://mobile.twitter.com/torriangray/status/1454680299015524353

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

boy that chant really has legs

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Matt DiBenedetto tweeted some dumb bullshit about not being able to say the R-word anymore and an hour later he deleted his account lmao

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

shyduck posted:

Matt DiBenedetto tweeted some dumb bullshit about not being able to say the R-word anymore and an hour later he deleted his account lmao

Oh so you admit you are censoring his patriotism and Christianity?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's kind of cool all the drivers are actually getting heated now and showing some form of personalities. Too bad it's basically the end of the season though.

Been a while since drivers actually got mad at each other.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Some bright spark needs to start up Pro Racer Tees dot com and turn every silly idea or event in races into print-on-demand shirts, just like indie wrestling has done for the past decade.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

shyduck posted:

what he actually tweeted was not bad but I'd imagine it's probably better to just not use social media if you're looking for a ride next year

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Douchebag posted:

gently caress Hamlin but double gently caress Bowman for being so aggressive he almost ended a guys shot at the top 4. That smelled like some bullshit Hendricks crap due to Elliott getting spun earlier.

Haven't followed NASCAR in a few years so forgive me. They changed the playoffs so that the drivers have to race playoff drivers differently?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Playoff drivers are trying to make that a thing. It’s still debated.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

GD_American posted:

Playoff drivers are trying to make that a thing. It’s still debated.

NASCAR would be better if teammates not in the playoffs would be designated as hunters who take out Drivers from other teams that are still in. There could even be blockers who defend the drivers. That would be entertaining.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

daslog posted:

NASCAR would be better if teammates not in the playoffs would be designated as hunters who take out Drivers from other teams that are still in. There could even be blockers who defend the drivers. That would be entertaining.

Austin Dillon did this to Ryan Blaney this year but none of the RCR cars are in the playoffs

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Junior talked about this on his ask Junior segment today. Someone asked if non playoff drivers should race playoff drivers differently and he said no, which I agree with. He brought up Larson back in like 2017 who was really fast at Homestead and could have won but he drove really conservative as to not potentially gently caress things up for the playoff drivers.

The thing with Bowman Sunday was, he was so much faster than Hamlin he didn’t need to drive in so hard like an idiot, get himself loose and take out Hamlin. He could have passed him easily in a lap or 2. If that was Busch or Truex who were so close to the bubble it might have gotten uglier after the race.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Actually if you review everuthing up to the point Bowman spun Hamlin you'll see it was absolutely cool good and warranted hth

It's too bad Matty D is being censored before he can share his thoughts on which lives matter

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

lmao Ben Rhodes rules

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1456848497177731073

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1457157338280955904?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"superstar"

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Know what I like watching at 2300? Not second tier stock cars.

Stupid.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Good for Hemric - awesome finish

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/SheldonWickwar/status/1457184848179781633

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
I may not follow NASCAR much at all anymore, but a certain 1990 Daytona 500 Winner had a birthday recently...
Shame about the team closing...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nice to see a champion getting his 1st win in Nascar.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

The playoffs are dumb, but at least we don't have a champion that hasn't won a race in years like what happened with Crafton in trucks back in 2019. Sucks for my boy AJ with the loose wheel ruining his night, too. It was a good finish though, and Hemric earned the win for sure.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

a literal, actual loser

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good for Hemric, :lol: that this system has now allowed a guy on a 2 1/2 year winless streak and a guy who has one win in any NASCAR touring series to win titles.

Boy, he just doesn't get it, does he?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 7, 2021

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Nice to see a champion getting his 1st win in Nascar.

Wins are important

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Utterly shocking Matty D is actually just a big idiot bigot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

he just seems like a run of the mill dumb guy to me