Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maylene did get Bulk Up on her Lucario so there was something changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is 80 dollars

In koallars, sure.

Game looks good. I'll have fun replaying it, especially with quality of life changes. :)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Bee posted:

At this point I'm expecting to see "saving a lot of data" crop back up, or for Blissey's HP bar to move at the speed of a slug on downers again.

That would own honestly. That's the real gen iv experience to me.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Scholtz posted:

In koallars, sure.

Game looks good. I'll have fun replaying it, especially with quality of life changes. :)

And the QoL nerfs as well.

Single Use TMs are back, baby!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So the first images we got was from the guy proving he had the game to a potential buyer, who then posted the pictures of the case and cartridge to reddit.

This new one apparently he realizes how many people wants the game and in the comments has started advertising that he's selling. Probably a full leak soon.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dehry posted:

So the first images we got was from the guy proving he had the game to a potential buyer, who then posted the pictures of the case and cartridge to reddit.

This new one apparently he realizes how many people wants the game and in the comments has started advertising that he's selling. Probably a full leak soon.

When are the remakes supposed to drop again? I ask because I'd like to know when we can expect the same for Legends Arceus.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Flopsy posted:

When are the remakes supposed to drop again? I ask because I'd like to know when we can expect the same for Legends Arceus.

Next Friday, the 19th.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Last Celebration posted:

Isn’t Home also tied to the GTS though, cause that part used to be a pretty fun part of the games for me as an antisocial loser.

I mean it is for sword and shield, but they could include the GTS building in sinnoh where it was before.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tUdDSA11xo

New leak video out. Maylene is 3rd and has her Diamond and Pearl team.
one thing I noticed: due to the experience share, the vast majority of their team is level 32, meanwhile Maylene's ace is level 30.

it's not that big a deal, but it's kinda disappointing that not even gym leaders have a level advantage on you.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Blaziken386 posted:

one thing I noticed: due to the experience share, the vast majority of their team is level 32, meanwhile Maylene's ace is level 30.

it's not that big a deal, but it's kinda disappointing that not even gym leaders have a level advantage on you.

And yet only a small part of why I hate the forced exp share any time I see it crop up. Even worse, I've even seen fangames starting to do it. It's become an instant deal-breaker for me, and I'm honestly considering skipping this one altogether.

(then again, I may not. Who knows. We'll see.)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Blaziken386 posted:

They also have all 3 starters. Unless they traded eggs over to the game and hatched them, aren't they getting some boosted xp?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Why would you buy this when you can just replay platinum, the objectively better game? Even if you you don’t have your old copy lying around there are so many roms out there that there’s no excuse.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pokemon follow behind you now I think

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

galagazombie posted:

Why would you buy this when you can just replay platinum, the objectively better game? Even if you you don’t have your old copy lying around there are so many roms out there that there’s no excuse.

Platinum doesn’t have Fairy type or Home support. :v:

Also I can’t play Platinum on my Switch so there’s that too.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I honestly thought I would be getting every new Pokemon game on release day for as long as they are releasing them but I've pretty much checked completely out of the series at this point. I'm not even angry or anything, I've been trying to give the series as much slack as I can manage, I always love the mons but the games just bring me zero joy now.

I'm sure the series is going to continue to print money but I can't afford as many games as I used to thanks to life stuff, but it feels weirdly sad to finally give up on my absolute favorite childhood series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm psyched for Legends tbh.

I don't know if it exactly looks great but it looks interesting and different and i'm into that.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dehry posted:

Go on then, what sort of money are nerds offering to get a pokemon game a whole 12 days before it hits stores? Give us all a laugh

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm psyched for Legends tbh.

I don't know if it exactly looks great but it looks interesting and different and i'm into that.

Same. It looks new and interesting, with a somewhat darker feel to it I always enjoy in Pokemon. It's probably not a day one purchase for me but I'm almost certainly getting it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I preordered the double pack because I'm what you call in the business "A Rube, an absolute sap. A loving mark." But also they were out of Wolf promo codes, but I did get a big Snorlax card!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/QuiteTheHoot/status/1457230347431727107

The most exciting thing is they're finally giving new poses to some pokemon that had dogshit ones for a decade.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The one good thing to come from these remakes so far. Which will be the one new thing that gets abandoned next mainline game. Enjoy the Brilliant Shining Poses while they last :japan:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Filthy Haiku posted:

I honestly thought I would be getting every new Pokemon game on release day for as long as they are releasing them but I've pretty much checked completely out of the series at this point. I'm not even angry or anything, I've been trying to give the series as much slack as I can manage, I always love the mons but the games just bring me zero joy now.

I'm sure the series is going to continue to print money but I can't afford as many games as I used to thanks to life stuff, but it feels weirdly sad to finally give up on my absolute favorite childhood series.

Dude just do what I do and get the ones that appeal to you. Getting every single one regardless of whether they're something you want to invest time in ain't worth it.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’m thankful for the Pokewalker from HG/SS. It let me take Raichu with me to work while I was a over night Janitor to keep me from getting too lonely. It also let me get flying and surfing Raichus.

I’m mostly just thankful for Raichu. Been with me in some form since Day One. If a game gives me a Pikachu, he’s getting a thunder stone shoved in his face.

The pokewalker was a wonderful peripheral. I remember a Gizmodo article calling it the best pedometer on the market at the time.

I would shake mine every day while checking my e-mail at work until I hit 10k steps and would start hunting Pikachu that could fly and surf. Such a great memory, thanks for sharing. Check your PMs!

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm thankful for the Gibberish monster:
My first pokemon game was a GBC rom of pokemon Gold version but it was poorly translated, you only have five characters for names and nicknames and after the first gym the translation mostly failed. So my sister and I called it "the gibberish monster" that ate all the words. Because if it didn't eat the words it wouldn't have pooped out a rom and I wouldn't have been able to play pokemon.

This is such a great story! I love it! I'm reminded of fellow goon OgreNoah who I knew growing up. He imported a copy of either Gold or Silver from Japan while we were in middle school and played it in Japanese without really understanding a drat thing.

Check your PMs!

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

MorningMoon posted:

https://twitter.com/QuiteTheHoot/status/1457230347431727107

The most exciting thing is they're finally giving new poses to some pokemon that had dogshit ones for a decade.
If we are finally free of the dumb floating Xatu then these will actually be good remakes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/ty_rannos/status/1457391800579022850?s=21

Little Vultaire is all grown up.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

InspectorCarbonara posted:

If we are finally free of the dumb floating Xatu then these will actually be good remakes.

Xatu is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I've hated seeing it in the 3D games because of the awful pose they gave it. If we can just get standing Xatu then I will be satisfied.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I just posted this in the Discord, but is anyone willing to help me do a Gengar evo trade real quick in Sw/Sh? He's my favorite boi and I'd be super grateful.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nth Doctor posted:

The pokewalker was a wonderful peripheral. I remember a Gizmodo article calling it the best pedometer on the market at the time.

I would shake mine every day while checking my e-mail at work until I hit 10k steps and would start hunting Pikachu that could fly and surf. Such a great memory, thanks for sharing. Check your PMs!

You can pass mine to the next person. Got myself a code yesterday while picking one up for a friend.

The Pokeball plus just didn’t have the same charm as the Pokewalker. Though, I did use the heck out of that thing for a while too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The furthest along main leaker is at Canalave as of an hour ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXx2cFOU5H0

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
has there been any interesting info from the leaks? features from Platinum, pokemon that weren't in the originals, that kind of thing?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hammerite posted:

has there been any interesting info from the leaks? features from Platinum, pokemon that weren't in the originals, that kind of thing?

Looks like gym leaders are strictly using their DP pokemon, but movesets are updated at least, like Maylene's Lucario having Bulk Up.

Beyond that, the only new feature is that apparently your pokemon following you gets you the max bond stuff faster.

At this pace, we're like 24 hours from a video where we can see Flint's glorious "fire" type team.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 7, 2021

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Open Marriage Night posted:

You can pass mine to the next person. Got myself a code yesterday while picking one up for a friend.

The Pokeball plus just didn’t have the same charm as the Pokewalker. Though, I did use the heck out of that thing for a while too.

Alright, y'all heard Peter Parker! 1 thankful = 1 Shiny Zacian for Shield. 1 amen = 0 Shiny Zacian for Shield.

Arceus will see if you keep scrolling

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1457267891632492547

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

here it is, the best part of the remakes

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
Has anyone itt been successful in getting a 6 IV Ditto from the ditto den or whatever? I’ve been at it for several days and don’t know if they ever patched the close/reopen exploit

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

TM's are not reusable

Yet, gym leader gives you 99 of them, like a romhack trying to implement reusable TM's in the old games

I don't even

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

lol

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

TM's are not reusable

Yet, gym leader gives you 99 of them, like a romhack trying to implement reusable TM's in the old games

I don't even

What's the point of TMs being breakable if some of them are effectively unlimited? :psyduck: Just make certain ones unlimited!! Was the TM/TR distinction so hard to implement that they just didn't even try?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

TM's are not reusable

I don't even

Pokemon Megathread: :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I will forever be terribly amused that the poo poo they remove from previous games is always either stuff that while nonvital was pretty cool, or was actually a really convenient QoL life thing. Pokemon, forever two steps forward, one step back.

AngryRobotsInc fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 8, 2021