Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ok remakes are good now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

What's the point of TMs being breakable if some of them are effectively unlimited? :psyduck: Just make certain ones unlimited!! Was the TM/TR distinction so hard to implement that they just didn't even try?

They wanted the games to be a throwback to a time when tms were limited use but also realised that unlimited tms are good, thus they tried to make it somehow both at once.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1457412964168998922
hahahahhhahaaa

having pokemon follow you turns on all the amie/refresh/camp benefits, ie: making you effectively invincible
because why not tie those together?? :suicide:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaziken386 posted:

What's the point of TMs being breakable if some of them are effectively unlimited? :psyduck: Just make certain ones unlimited!! Was the TM/TR distinction so hard to implement that they just didn't even try?

The TM/TR split was already stupid but the raids giving you Infinite of them was already basically what this game is doing.

They should just scrap it all and go back to infinite TMs and make them all TMs instead of having the split.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Pretty sure it raised friendship faster in HGSS too, and the benefits for high friendship have been in the games constantly since like gen 6.

As far as Mass TMs... I have no idea.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The leaker just finished the Dialga fight and no special or primal forms apparently. Just the same fight as before.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Golux posted:

Pretty sure it raised friendship faster in HGSS too, and the benefits for high friendship have been in the games constantly since like gen 6.

Now I might be a simple country bumpkin but maybe there is difference between these two instances.

But also affection and friendship aren't the same thing.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 8, 2021

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

This is good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dehry posted:

The leaker just finished the Dialga fight and no special or primal forms apparently. Just the same fight as before.

Was there anyone expecting otherwise?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Blaziken386 posted:

https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1457412964168998922
hahahahhhahaaa

having pokemon follow you turns on all the amie/refresh/camp benefits, ie: making you effectively invincible
because why not tie those together?? :suicide:

If they won't remove all these dumb hidden meters, I'm all in favor of them making them go up faster. Way better than cooking a million camping meals.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Muscle Tracer posted:

If they won't remove all these dumb hidden meters, I'm all in favor of them making them go up faster. Way better than cooking a million camping meals.

Yeah but it's kind of a problem that if you want the cool thing (Pokemon following you) your mons have to become jacked to hell and back as a result

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Was there anyone expecting otherwise?

I've seen some people claim it was happening alongside a bunch of other bullshit.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah but it's kind of a problem that if you want the cool thing (Pokemon following you) your mons have to become jacked to hell and back as a result

I intellectually understand this complaint and the EXP-all complaint... but I love my pokemon to be jacked as well as cute and cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why would you not want your pals to be jacked as hell? Not seeing the problem.

Anyway, I don't know how long it takes to reach full affection or whatever but it seems like something that's solved the same way shared exp is by just having a larger team to rotate in and out. It's a bit silly for it to work that way but if you're already not wanting the game to be too easy you'll probably be doing this regardless.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't want the games to be easier than they already were, and also like... mechanically? aesthetically? I don't like games systems that are that asymetrical.
which is to say, I don't like that your pokemon can get these OP passive effects like doubled crit chance, 25% endurance chance, etc, while the NPC trainers just don't get them. doesn't feel right.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
also just put in difficulty modes already so the weirdos like me can play on hard mode

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Saoshyant posted:

TM's are not reusable

Yet, gym leader gives you 99 of them, like a romhack trying to implement reusable TM's in the old games

I don't even

Gamesharking myself 99 of every TM was how I made them effectively infinite back in the actual Gen 4 games so this is kind of surreal to me

Also they bothered to put in always-on exp share but this was their approach to TMs lmao

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

also just put in difficulty modes already so the weirdos like me can play on hard mode

I agree with this, for sure. At the very least give me a mode where all trainers have 6 mons! Still blows my mind that even gym leaders and Elite 4 have partial teams.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Now I might be a simple country bumpkin but maybe there is difference between these two instances.

But also affection and friendship aren't the same thing.

Theyve been the se thing ever since LGPE.

By gym 6 it looks like the leaker's team is at full affection/friendship

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Theyve been the se thing ever since LGPE.

By gym 6 it looks like the leaker's team is at full affection/friendship

I meant in comparing what it was in HGSS as the conversation started as.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

it's more satisfying when the underdog wins through tactics and strategy, which is impossible when you are not the underdog

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Pokemon are cool and my friends who I care deeply about, but I also want them to be weak, as a joke.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

it's more satisfying when the underdog wins through tactics and strategy, which is impossible when you are not the underdog

That was meant to kinda be a joke and so I could use the phrase jacked as hell.

My main point was that hopefully the same way you'd get through the expshare without being overleveled would do the same for affection.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Maybe there should be some sort of slider so you can choose something between having jacked pals killing everything they see and little babies who get murdered by beavers?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think even if you are limiting yourself extremely heavily you will never be at the stage of getting owned constantly by bidoof

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Moody Bidoof/Bibarel are banned proving that they are incredibly strong and powerful.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhzeZobxRm8

oh god this music is criminal
original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5dBmWml34

anyway, i'd appreciate a "classic mode" sorta thing where exp share and friendship bonuses are turned off, and maybe TMs can't be reused until beating the Elite 4 or something.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 8, 2021

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

supposedly some of the music is placeholder and will be fixed by the day 1 patcb

supposedly

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

supposedly some of the music is placeholder and will be fixed by the day 1 patcb

supposedly

Now how many times across all of gaming we have seen this excuse?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It can happen, some games come in loving hot like that, but I really, really, really doubt it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

*Wipes away a tear* MY BOY HAS BECOME A MAN!!

Also all these leaks are confirming everything I suspected. Still there's Legends to look forward to so that's good at least. Gonna make me a sick rear end ghost themed team.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Heh, remember how slow the original DP battles were?

Or how Battle Colosseum had all those cool animations but they slowed the battle pacing completely?

Thank Arceus things have improved so much more in the modern era.

edit: videos removed by Nintendo Ninjas (probably), but tl;dr: BDSP battles are super slow between all affection text and other bullshit, more so than even SwSh

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 8, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

New video up, Volkner's fantastic electric team https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTqQIVkLH_g

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That surf raichu will catch people off guard.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I hate DP so much.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I agree. Diamond and pearl are straight up bad games

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The video leaker realized he painted a huge target on himself and is deleting everything.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Looks like that's that. No Elite 4 for us until more copies get in the wild.

I'm thoroughly convinced to just play Platinum on an emulator. Looks prettier to me and will objectively have a better soundtrack and challenge.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dehry posted:

The video leaker realized he painted a huge target on himself and is deleting everything.

And balance reasserts itself as always. The cycle of "Oh poo poo shouldn't have done that" shall forever continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

well, since leaks have slowed/stopped(?) and passing the time is a pain, here's a thing I did

https://twitter.com/jammerslammi/status/1457556837503488000

i also posted some speculation on what this list of nonsense could be (if it were real things) in the replies to the tweet

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 8, 2021