Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know the three would form a vee eventually, but I still treat Albie and Painter-fawn as OTP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

They are cowards for not going all in on the Stirfry joke near the end there.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Legit, Branson comes up with the best NPCs . I still can't get over how he played Albee's mom and dad it was so good

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The ad for Tim's Halloween special is why I don't immediately skip through the ad breaks on this show.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Terrible Night: I appreciate Tim making the building literally linear so people have to follow his predetermined path. That's good DMing.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
New patreon episode it up and Tim is running it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

koshmar posted:

New patreon episode it up and Tim is running it.

And by God is he running it well and straight into Hell, and I'm loving it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the opening is on the regular feed and is so incredibly stupid (a high compliment in this special case)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Cody Johnston was on today’s Rude Talks, just being a fan and not because of a future guest episode. He got a question directed at him from a Patreon subscriber, so I guess this was announced on the Discord, which I don’t follow? Odd, but nice.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This episode was great, but honestly the scariest part was being reminded of the existence of soaking. Look, if you're horny and you don't want to have sex just masturbate. Or maybe just go ahead and have sex? Both masturbation and sex seem like way better options than soaking which is actually the same thing as sex but intentionally doing it poorly.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This episode was great, but honestly the scariest part was being reminded of the existence of soaking. Look, if you're horny and you don't want to have sex just masturbate. Or maybe just go ahead and have sex? Both masturbation and sex seem like way better options than soaking which is actually the same thing as sex but intentionally doing it poorly.

I saw the twitter thread where that was introduced to the wider world, and many people chimed in to say it was indeed real. However, I don't think anyone confirmed the part where you get someone to jump on the bed next to you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Not if you just put in the tip, baby, just the tip, c'mon, please?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The whole bit with the suburban strangler got me so good

I started listening to the Halloween ep but it was just too much concentrated Tim

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gloomda!

Happy Halloween! :)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Finally listened to the latest main ep: I wonder if Joe and Ali planned that out in advance or if Joe decided in the moment to make things more interesting after hearing Ali's scene

Also lol at all of Taylor's ad read, he could not keep a straight face for it at all

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ainsley McTree posted:

Finally listened to the latest main ep: I wonder if Joe and Ali planned that out in advance or if Joe decided in the moment to make things more interesting after hearing Ali's scene

Also lol at all of Taylor's ad read, he could not keep a straight face for it at all

According to the latest Rude talks of Chatting It wasn't planned out in advance, Ali was just as surprised as everyone else, and Joe was actually thinking of doing it before Ali's scene but a combination of those scenes and Sacred Masterpiece hitting on Albee really lit a fire under his rear end and made him go "Well gently caress, I better shoot my shot now and cockblock this sasquatch."

Police_monitoring
Oct 11, 2021

by sebmojo
You can't let yourself be scooped by Branson, like like one of the few fail states. You could sense the fear in Carly and Joe.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Police_monitoring posted:

You can't let yourself be scooped by Branson, like like one of the few fail states. You could sense the fear in Carly and Joe.

it apparently surprised him in turn, too

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Empty Sandwich posted:

it apparently surprised him in turn, too

Yeah, it's stressed in the behind the scenes show that no one saw it coming. Chaos reigns!

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
This episode has made me want to subscribe to the Patreon more than any other episode. I make very little money but should probably just do it, I can always cancel...

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

showbiz_liz posted:

This episode has made me want to subscribe to the Patreon more than any other episode. I make very little money but should probably just do it, I can always cancel...

Do you lose access to the Patreon feed after you cancel?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think you keep access until your next billing cycle, so you could just pay $10 once and have a very rude tales centric month

I’m subbed at that level, and I am enjoying it, but I do kind of wish you’d get the talk tracks at the $5 level like the other patreons I sub to (dungeons and daddies and naddpod). Especially since ottsos is a separate patreon. But whatever, their bills, their business, nobody has a gun to my head

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It’s just an RSS feed with a wrapper iirc, so you could pay for 1 month and run it through whatever program to download the episodes to listen to whenever. I would assume that you could just download the file at the URI they send you and just pick out the file locations from there.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

showbiz_liz posted:

Taylor Moore has made it pretty explicit that he is okay with people subscribing for a month when they can, downloading everything, then cancelling. Rude Tales, Fun City, and every other podcast under the Fortunate Horse umbrella seem to understand that not everyone can subscribe to their podcasts for extended periods. They seem to operate under the "Sub WHEN you can, support us WHERE you can" model.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I don't know of any podcast that say you should only sub if you're gonna stay subbed forever...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Hope you're all real horny because there's a new Rude Tales and it's got an energy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
pausing today's episode to ask if we are goddamn doing Pogo in 2021

bc I hope so but

e: no but still nice

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 5, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh no, poor Stinky :ohdear:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
(An opossum invites the gang over for dinner)

Welp, RIP to a friendly opossum and everyone in a three-mile radius.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a couple months ago I had a hankerin' for more Branson and I found this:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/40885741

he's playing a shifty cleric. first one's free, but I ended up playing $5 to subscribe long enough to listen to the other 3 episodes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

(An opossum invites the gang over for dinner)

Welp, RIP to a friendly opossum and everyone in a three-mile radius.

Hey, those opossums were victims of their own greed. :colbert: Serves them right for breaking Stirfry's heart.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
"Y'all wanna see a trick that's against the law?" is a very good English sentence.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Also how I feel about the dialogue,

"We are hungry"
"Well then you are, in many ways, the ideal eaters"

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I know nothing about classical music so I usually miss the allusions in the score, but I do know banjo music and I immediately recognized the theme that played whenever Stirfry and what's-her-face were together as Banks of the Ohio, which is about a man who murders his lover by pushing her into a river. So the whole time I was waiting for that hammer to drop. It was great.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

showbiz_liz posted:

I know nothing about classical music so I usually miss the allusions in the score, but I do know banjo music and I immediately recognized the theme that played whenever Stirfry and what's-her-face were together as Banks of the Ohio, which is about a man who murders his lover by pushing her into a river. So the whole time I was waiting for that hammer to drop. It was great.

Taylor Moore knows a lot of good music and this show is blessed to have him as a producer.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Omnomnomnivore posted:

"Y'all wanna see a trick that's against the law?" is a very good English sentence.

https://swanboy.com/comic/279/

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

That reminds me I have to watch last week's Swanboy still.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Oh These Those Patreon show starting soon

e:

nominally....

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy