Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gael Garcia Bernal is playing a Werewolf by Night in an upcoming D+ special. Between that and The Eternals stinger, it looks like we’re heading towards some Midnight Sons :spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

catlord posted:

I haven't gotten around to watching Amazing Spider-Man 2, isn't Paul Giamatti the Rhino in that? And didn't it turn out that what we saw in the trailer was actually like, all of his scenes? A Paul Giamatti Rhino deserves way better than that.

Yes on all counts.

Honestly, he was probably the best part of the whole movie. Giamatti was having a blast with his bit part.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Eternals made $71 million at the weekend box office which is pretty good for recent big openers

Clearing 70 apparently puts it in some nebulous sweet spot which means it's still a success.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Aphrodite posted:

Those characters are in the trailer they released. Ock visibly, and clearly the voice of Defoe.
Sorry, I didnt went into details.
I dont mean the visible ones, but Sandman and Elektro...which are clearly hinted there and in cover magazines.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Their power effects are in the trailer too, just a bit more subtly than the other two.

And Lizard is visible in the trailer if you see it on something with good HDR.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dawgstar posted:

Clearing 70 apparently puts it in some nebulous sweet spot which means it's still a success.
It’s hard to even say what counts as a ‘success’ at the box office these days, because we’re in uncharted territory. But I would say $71 mil is good.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s hard to even say what counts as a ‘success’ at the box office these days, because we’re in uncharted territory. But I would say $71 mil is good.

Yeah I seem to remember Black Widow being happy with 50 mil

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dawgstar posted:

It also pulled in an additional 90 million internationally giving Marvel its best weekend of the pandemic.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Their power effects are in the trailer too, just a bit more subtly than the other two.

And Lizard is visible in the trailer if you see it on something with good HDR.

I know, Im not an idiot. I know. But I recall Sony going on around that those characters wouldnt show up by the time the magazine covers showed up, hinting them. Im not the one saying no, im aware they will be there, it's like right there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's a little tinfoil hat-y but at this point I feel like there are no real leaks. It's such a predictable cycle during the production of these movies, whether it's because of set photos or posters that give away stuff or Tom Holland (or insert another star here) not being able to keep his mouth shut in interviews, it all just serves to generate hype and keep the movie in the public eye even when there's not so much as a trailer. It's basically just a marketing campaign that the studio doesn't have to pay for.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 8, 2021

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

That's my feeling too. I am fairly convinced that a lot of the leaks for NWH have been planned, not least because it has had a significant amount more leaks than other similar projects. I've worked in post on some highly anticipated films and I know how locked down these things are, something is off with these ones. It's clever though because it has made everybody nuts. Studios are getting increasingly better at folding the crazy slices of fandom into their marketing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Someone add the blasting off Xavier to this.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Yes on all counts.

Honestly, he was probably the best part of the whole movie. Giamatti was having a blast with his bit part.

arghs its rare that I've been I've been as frustrated in a theater as I was when they cut off that Rhino fight. His name is Rhino. He likes to fight goddamit!!!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Retro Futurist posted:

Gael Garcia Bernal is playing a Werewolf by Night in an upcoming D+ special. Between that and The Eternals stinger, it looks like we’re heading towards some Midnight Sons :spooky:

That would probably also explain why the upcoming Marvel game is titled/about "Midnight Sons" seemingly out of nowhere.

OK, so in this upcoming Spiderman movie we're getting
1) Dock Ock
2) Green Goblin
3) Electro
4) Sandman
5) Venom?
6) Lizard

I haven't seen that Vulture was going to be in this, because he's off bothering Morbius, but I'd almost slot him in instead of #5 there to gives us our cinematic Sinister 6.

Also, I'm bothered by how interesting Morbius looks from the trailer ahead of Eternals. If it weren't Leto in the lead, I'd be really tempted to go see it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Karloff posted:

That's my feeling too. I am fairly convinced that a lot of the leaks for NWH have been planned, not least because it has had a significant amount more leaks than other similar projects. I've worked in post on some highly anticipated films and I know how locked down these things are, something is off with these ones. It's clever though because it has made everybody nuts. Studios are getting increasingly better at folding the crazy slices of fandom into their marketing.

Tbh I'm still expecting most of these to be 2 min cameos and the leaks basically making it look more exciting than it will be

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Maybe it's a little tinfoil hat-y but at this point I feel like there are no real leaks. It's such a predictable cycle during the production of these movies, whether it's because of set photos or posters that give away stuff or Tom Holland (or insert another star here) not being able to keep his mouth shut in interviews, it all just serves to generate hype and keep the movie in the public eye even when there's not so much as a trailer. It's basically just a marketing campaign that the studio doesn't have to pay for.

Yeah, it smells of being a big marketing move, hinting stuff, posting leaks, actors posting tweets then deleting, then everyone denying it all. The hype is huge so it's working perfectly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Tbh I'm still expecting most of these to be 2 min cameos and the leaks basically making it look more exciting than it will be

Yeah it feels like they're trying to stuff way too much in this thing. But then again Spider-Verse worked so what the hell do I know.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does Midnight Son's have Elsa Bloodstone in it normally? Because that's who I want to see the most. Her and her Boys at rifle.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/Joe_Quinones/status/1457778316564320258?s=20

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Starting on Friday Disney+ will have 12 Marvel movies in IMAX aspect ratio. The movies are: Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Black Widow, and Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
So what's the translation on that to a widescreen tv, that result in vertical black bars?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teek posted:

So what's the translation on that to a widescreen tv, that result in vertical black bars?
Nah, smaller top and bottom bars. The 19:10 ratio IMAX Expanded uses is closer to 16:9 than 21:9 that movies are mostly in.

This isn't updating to the 14:10 ratio of full IMAX.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

get Patrick Stewart on the phone RIGHT NOW

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Holy poo poo :popeye:

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Starting on Friday Disney+ will have 12 Marvel movies in IMAX aspect ratio. The movies are: Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Black Widow, and Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings.

Surprised that Iron Man is on there. I would have thought it was too early for specially formatted IMAX sections. It came out the summer of 2008 which was when The Dark Knight came out, and if I recall correctly The Dark Knight was pioneering in terms of IMAX sequences. Perhaps they've retroactively done it with selective cropping etc.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GotG 3 has started filming finally.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

GotG 3 has started filming finally.

Thank goodness. Chris Pratt could use the work.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
there are two very spoilery stills from No Way Home, possibly from the final trailer, circulating. neither will come as a surprise to anyone who's been following leaks/rumors about NWH, but be warned

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Barry Convex posted:

there are two very spoilery stills from No Way Home, possibly from the final trailer, circulating. neither will come as a surprise to anyone who's been following leaks/rumors about NWH, but be warned
Yeah I saw what you mean, and one of them makes me very happy but it's definitely something that I hope is mostly kept under wraps until release (although that may be too late now).

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Barry Convex posted:

I’m very happy they’re giving Kingo such a large role in NWH.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I saw what you mean, and one of them makes me very happy but it's definitely something that I hope is mostly kept under wraps until release (although that may be too late now).

Word is the trailer next week will show it all.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

Thank goodness. Chris Pratt could use the work.

Hoping Gamora falls in love with Thor this time around, and quill just stands around being mad

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Teek posted:

I’m very happy they’re giving Kingo such a large role in NWH.
I'm more surprised at the Iron Man crossover, I thought Tony Stark was dead

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 9, 2021

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
another, not terribly surprising new wrinkle in the Letitia Wright saga

https://twitter.com/TatianaSiegel27/status/1458543754244235264

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barry Convex posted:

another, not terribly surprising new wrinkle in the Letitia Wright saga

https://twitter.com/TatianaSiegel27/status/1458543754244235264

Shuri died on the way back to her home planet.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I do find it weird with her and Carano. The complete willingness to torpedo their own careers over the right-wing conspiracy pipeline. It's not like they're ultra famous outside of the two big series they are currently attached to. It will be very easy for them to fade into obscurity within a decade if they make themselves a continual liability.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Black Panther Nakia let's gooo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Karloff posted:

I do find it weird with her and Carano. The complete willingness to torpedo their own careers over the right-wing conspiracy pipeline. It's not like they're ultra famous outside of the two big series they are currently attached to. It will be very easy for them to fade into obscurity within a decade if they make themselves a continual liability.

They are invested in feeling smarter than other people. Which is good for some one who plays Shuri except she is not in fact a super genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Black Panther Nakia let's gooo

Alternatively replace Wright with like Kiersey Clemons or someone. Recasting Shuri shouldn't be the issue that recasting T'challa is.