Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

As someone who was never super into the genre, anime wise, I have to say; these are aggressively some names.

Ah, someone has found out that it is indeed Time for L-Gaim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hunter Noventa posted:

Ah, someone has found out that it is indeed Time for L-Gaim.

Might be J-Decker

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can absolutely believe every name in L-Gaim was purpousefully chosen to spite everyone involved in the show (except the ones writing them which were having the time of their life). There's no way names that stupid weren't chosen on purpouse.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I am now stuck listening to Kyocho Korin.

Google results only lead to the SRW X thread here and 4chan posts to remind me that Kyocho is what Ing called Exbein/ExExbein lol.

Edit: Although I guess it's specifically ExExbein reborn from Exbein ash.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 8, 2021

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Supremezero posted:

Might be J-Decker

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I just got to Guy's return and the reveal was so great, loving god I love this game so much

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Zeether posted:

I just got to Guy's return and the reveal was so great, loving god I love this game so much

Me every time poo poo like that goes down:

:yeshaha:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lostconfused posted:

I am now stuck listening to Kyocho Korin.

Google results only lead to the SRW X thread here and 4chan posts to remind me that Kyocho is what Ing called Exbein/ExExbein lol.

Edit: Although I guess it's specifically ExExbein reborn from Exbein ash.

凶鳥 in this case is literally "bird of misfortune", but it's better translated as "raven". Why? I'm glad you asked! :eng101:

The name Hückebein comes from a German tale called Hans Hückebein der Unglücksrabe (Hans Hückebein the Unlucky Raven).

Here's an English translation of the story for those curious.

This term is also used in the OG games here and there, even before Ing's time.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There is nothing in this world more hype than Getter powerups

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Did anyone else :allears: when they saw Keita accidentally propose?
Please tell me something like this happened in the light novel. (Obviously without Ryouma)

Edit so I don't double post: When does Lucky Star Become available? I restarted and it isn't in the skill menu.

The man called M fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 8, 2021

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My Gridman got Great Ace before most of my units even got Ace. What a monster.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
He was my first ace and first Great Ace because he got picked for every random dispatch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gridman was only not my top ace because things tended to target Kallen more often.

Weirdly one of my top runner ups was Uso just because V2 is so drat good

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wings of Light is just really strong.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Blaze Dragon posted:

My Gridman got Great Ace before most of my units even got Ace. What a monster.

For a being that's true power is to heal, Gridman does an amazing job of destroying anything stupid enough to target him. :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

For a being that's true power is to heal, Gridman does an amazing job of destroying anything stupid enough to target him. :v:

Sometimes the only cure for stupidity is death.

Gridman can handle that too.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

The man called M posted:

Please tell me something like this happened in the light novel. (Obviously without Ryouma)

I really liked Hinoki and Mamoru's exchange after that, to paraphrase:

Hinoki: "This is the man I'm spending the rest of my life with" :sigh:
Mamoru: "Congratulations!" :buddy:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So having finally recruited Banagher, does he get the Unicorn back eventually, or is he stuck sitting in the Silver Bullet?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

So having finally recruited Banagher, does he get the Unicorn back eventually, or is he stuck sitting in the Silver Bullet?

Unicorn is not in the game bit the stage you recruit him happens give you a Unicorn Liye that is perfect for him

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Maybe I should take a break, my save file says 97 missions cleared and it feels like I am maybe half way through.

Sure the number is a bit bloated with stuff like relic missions, but seriously. They did not need to do an intro stage for every faction in Rayearth 2.

Edit: Is this what it feels like to play Impact?

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 9, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Most people say they cleared the game with around 150 missions.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The man called M posted:

It does, yes. It's also even better cause In the novel the Carpenters immediately repair his house so his berserk outburst is completely pointless

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Supremezero posted:

You can put him in the Narrative with the C-Packs once Jona gets into the Phenex, which is pretty much a Unicorn-lite.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

he's stuck wearing a helmet forever too

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Maybe I should take a break, my save file says 97 missions cleared and it feels like I am maybe half way through.

Sure the number is a bit bloated with stuff like relic missions, but seriously. They did not need to do an intro stage for every faction in Rayearth 2.

Edit: Is this what it feels like to play Impact?

It's better than Impact in that you can skip around stages if you don't mind missing stuff, there is an autoplay function, the 3d map isn't a plodding piece of poo poo that blocks your vision constantly, the saving and loading bars take less than 10 seconds, and a million other tiny mechanical things that make Impact terrible.

It sure as hell is longer than Impact with less plot progression per stage, which I really wish I didn't have to say but I can't deny. What plot there is is much more enjoyable than Impact's though, so there is that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I finished the game at 126 missions. I dont know if it counts the onboard trial missions in that number though.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

They don't count in the save file at least. They may count in the prerequisite tracker thingies though, I should test that.

edit: They don't count for the tracker in the prerequisites either so that's another couple dozen missions to the pile.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 9, 2021

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
oh my god giant sang yung :allears:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

One thing about the decade long trio stuff in this game that doesn't work?

In T, the decade went from the One Year War to ZZ, with CCA in the back part of the game. At most, it compressed thirteen years down to ten, and given the very different circumstances in Char's Neo Zeon, it's pretty fair that he takes over faster.

The ten year timescale fits the story being told, basically.

For this, meanwhile, even ignoring Victory the ten years compress down the original, Zeta, ZZ, CCA, Unicorn, and Narrative. To start with an obvious one, that means Mineva somehow aged 17 years in ten, and that Banagher now doesn't have one of the key traits that was supposed to define him. Instead of being born after the One Year War, he was six during it, apparently, which... I'll stop looking at the ages, because they're a mess and make my head hurt.

It also means that there hasn't been enough time since the One Year War for it to feel like a multi-generational grudge, which is kind of core to Unicorn's themes.

(Still, the compression meaning there was one year of peace... and even that was enough to completely stagger people? That's kind of hilarious.)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Even if that entire timeline made sense, Victory will always be there to ruin anything you would come up with.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Just made it to the "this is the point of no return, do your prep now!" part of the game with about 20 fully upgraded level 99 characters. I think i'm set.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Lostconfused posted:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Even if that entire timeline made sense, Victory will always be there to ruin anything you would come up with.

Yeah, at this point it is essentially becoming Marvel/DC comic book continuity in another form. You just gotta accept it all fits together, somehow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I had to redo the last mission because I goofed up saving my NG+ file. It's over ridiculously fast if you know where enemy blobs will spawn at least hahah.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TaurusOxford posted:

Just made it to the "this is the point of no return, do your prep now!" part of the game with about 20 fully upgraded level 99 characters. I think i'm set.

I'm pretty low on max level characters just because I've gotten really lazy and with the right equips Getter solos entire stages within like three turns at the longest.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

It's not so much logic as thematics. I mean, T had Crossbone happening at the same time as Double Zeta, and that didn't really stand out as much. (And of course, there's the adventures of the El Dorado V in both games predating modern Mobile Suits by decades.)

It's just that Unicorn and Narrative are about the One Year War being long gone, which doesn't really work with how recent it was.

I mean, it's Super Robot Wars, they're all nonsense, but there's more nonsense and less nonsense, and the ten years bit feels more nonsense here and less nonsense in T. That's all.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Nuebot posted:

I swear in some older games, like J, support defend would always kick in even if you set it to evade and had a 0% chance of getting hit, meaning it just kind of wasted the support defender's HP a lot of the time, so I habitually just turn support defend off every time now unless there's a 50% chance or more of actually getting hit.

In J support defend only kicks in if the unit gets hit. If it evades, nothing happens.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lostconfused posted:

Which is why I don't really like Victory being included in the same game as any Early UC series, should either be the sole Gundam representative or only be paired with AU entries(though it doesn't really jive too well with any of them either besides maybe X or AGE)

Honestly even putting aside Victory being a relatively unpopular series it's kind of obvious why after the Alpha era and D it's been mostly ignored by the franchise, it's not really an easy series to work with if you don't want things getting all messy

chiasaur11 posted:

It's not so much logic as thematics. I mean, T had Crossbone happening at the same time as Double Zeta, and that didn't really stand out as much. (And of course, there's the adventures of the El Dorado V in both games predating modern Mobile Suits by decades.)

It's just that Unicorn and Narrative are about the One Year War being long gone, which doesn't really work with how recent it was.

I mean, it's Super Robot Wars, they're all nonsense, but there's more nonsense and less nonsense, and the ten years bit feels more nonsense here and less nonsense in T. That's all.

Way I see it is a matter of is it a nonsense I can buy or not, hence why the way V handled it's Gundams works great(since it has the Late UC, AU, and Early UC entries all being in alternate worlds from each other) while J would honestly be better if it didn't even have any Gundam representation if SEED and G were the only choices they had considering how poorly those two were integrated into J's setting

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Which is why I don't really like Victory being included in the same game as any Early UC series, should either be the sole Gundam representative or only be paired with AU entries(though it doesn't really jive too well with any of them either besides maybe X or AGE)

Honestly even putting aside Victory being a relatively unpopular series it's kind of obvious why after the Alpha era and D it's been mostly ignored by the franchise, it's not really an easy series to work with if you don't want things getting all messy

Way I see it is a matter of is it a nonsense I can buy or not, hence why the way V handled it's Gundams works great(since it has the Late UC, AU, and Early UC entries all being in alternate worlds from each other) while J would honestly be better if it didn't even have any Gundam representation if SEED and G were the only choices they had considering how poorly those two were integrated into J's setting

I don't think there is absolutely any issue with Victory being included with 'early' stuff. It'd be very difficult to include with MSG, but it fits in relatively well with Z/ZZ or CCA or especially F91.

This whole thing is like complaining about Z/ZZ/CCA being included together. It really doesn't change much at all for their ages to be fudged. Jona and his friends are still hosed by the OYW. Banagher's life is more changed by what his father did than anything that happened with the OYW, and he can be a complete outsider to the OYW without having been born after it.

The reason why Victory probably wasn't included much after D is probably the same reason why F91 or MSG or various other Gundam shows weren't included much after X title that they were last in. For a long time the shows were given to them from on high so they had no choice what they put in or didn't.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kchama posted:

This whole thing is like complaining about Z/ZZ/CCA being included together. It really doesn't change much at all for their ages to be fudged. Jona and his friends are still hosed by the OYW. Banagher's life is more changed by what his father did than anything that happened with the OYW, and he can be a complete outsider to the OYW without having been born after it.

He really can't without some pretty extreme handwaving. A war that wipes out half of humanity is pretty hard to miss if you're old enough to have memories of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Imagine srw doing some handwaving to justify its setting.

I think that's kind of a fun thing about the crossover writing honestly especially when there's no alternate dimensions or anything going on. It interesting to see the seams that come from doing a giant crossover and then acting like everything fits together when by nature a lot of them are conflicting or at odds. It's cool imo.