Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

I believe they're all on the map to begin with, but the scan makes them glow more? Certainly I've found all the legs for a minimule without ever bothering to scan on multiple occasions.

They are always there, but scanning the mule makes them show up on your map/terrain scanner. It also stops the super annoying beeping from the mule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

thespaceinvader posted:

I believe they're all on the map to begin with, but the scan makes them glow more? Certainly I've found all the legs for a minimule without ever bothering to scan on multiple occasions.

Afaik they are there and glow the same amount on map start, but after you scan the mule they show up on the terrain scanner.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat that's crazy. I've apparently literally walked over legs on my way to scan for them before in that case.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Back in my day you couldn’t scan for them. Also, we used real miniature mules.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

explosivo posted:

drat that's crazy. I've apparently literally walked over legs on my way to scan for them before in that case.

I've also walked over legs *after* scanning for them. It's amazing just how bad I can be at spotting these things.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Dogen posted:

Also, we used real miniature mules.

Keeping up the tradition!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmm__rUjGKU
Don't know if this will be useful to anyone, but here's this.

If there's any one point to be made more than any other, it's that you absolutely do not want to yolo resupply/res in this fight, you need to actually know you have an opening. (see: the driller at 13:33)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

IronicDongz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmm__rUjGKU
Don't know if this will be useful to anyone, but here's this.

If there's any one point to be made more than any other, it's that you absolutely do not want to yolo resupply/res in this fight, you need to actually know you have an opening. (see: the driller at 13:33)

those are the weak points you have to shoot? I thought it was the outer plates, there was no yellow glowing heatsink-y thing behind them that I could see so I thought I was just lagging when I did no damage :pwn:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Maybe it's the last update, maybe it is because I have a better idea of how it works now, maybe it's both (or maybe it's dumb luck) but I had an easier time today in finishing a Haz4 4 player pub Industrial Sabotage mission.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ciaphas posted:

those are the weak points you have to shoot? I thought it was the outer plates, there was no yellow glowing heatsink-y thing behind them that I could see so I thought I was just lagging when I did no damage :pwn:
yea :kiddo: you gotta shoot the vents, the floating metal bits are the vent covers lifting off

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Cool, I've been doing just what that gunner does in that vid. I feel smart now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

yea :kiddo: you gotta shoot the vents, the floating metal bits are the vent covers lifting off

Well sorry it wasn't obvious! (though maybe it really was bugged, i see a mention about that in the patch notes)

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Mule legs themselves now also beep while you're carrying them and beep faster the closer you get to a mule.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Fishstick posted:

Mule legs themselves now also beep while you're carrying them and beep faster the closer you get to a mule.

Batteries do as well!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ciaphas posted:

Well sorry it wasn't obvious! (though maybe it really was bugged, i see a mention about that in the patch notes)
it's true that it's not obvious, splash damage weapons tickling the vents probably don't help either

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

speaking of splash damage, does the extra heat tier 5 mod on the Hurricane work on the caretaker's armor or core, or just the adds? i never saw a status indicator, but then i didn't know until earlier today that (apparently?) bots on fire immediately die, too, so

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The caretaker itself can't be ignited, but the tentacles can. Sometimes heat hurricane will kill them slightly faster, but it won't be super efficient at overheating them like +heat flamethrower

more importantly it can help hurricane kill patrol bots

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

IronicDongz posted:

you absolutely do not want to yolo resupply/res in this fight, you need to actually know you have an opening.

Yeah, I got a phase bomb teleported right next to me while I was resupplying - I had no idea what it was but heard the beeping, immediately abandoned what I was doing and took a big sideways jump. Just managed to avoid damage. Spent the rest of that section running around until I could get some ammo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
wouldn't be DRG if the spawning wasn't randomly super rude

reminds me of the time a drop pod shot into a tiny crevasse with a tiny entrance only Molly could get through (I had to dig it out) and then the ramp was also embedded in rock halfway up (so I had to dig all that too) because it was completely inaccessible but I guess it technically met the open space requirements for the location selection.

like seriously mission control, you gonna do me that dirty? I just want to leave...

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Psion posted:

reminds me of the time a drop pod shot into a tiny crevasse with a tiny entrance only Molly could get through (I had to dig it out) and then the ramp was also embedded in rock halfway up (so I had to dig all that too) because it was completely inaccessible but I guess it technically met the open space requirements for the location selection.

like seriously mission control, you gonna do me that dirty? I just want to leave...

Playing with some friends last night and we got an escape pod dropping not twenty feet from our point extract holdout, but with the door shoved completely into the wall. I haven't had such an obvious middle finger from Control for a while.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Just did another sabotage mission and it was much easier than my previous runs. It only started dropping phase bombs at phase 3 instead of 2, and it didn't spawn any sniper turrets at all (previous fights would carpet the ceiling in 3-5 of them a couple times). I don't know if there's some randomization to it or if those were changes from the patch.

Though that was on my second attempt at it today, because the first time it, uh, forgot to add the vault to the map. We hacked the two power stations and then realized that there were no power cables coming out of them, and nowhere in the relatively small cave that a vault could be hiding. Guess we got bad intel.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how do i convince my friends who like deep rock galactic well enough but we played a shitload of it together and we’re all kind of done with it to ante up and power through all the licensing missions plus the resource sink of buying and upgrading all the new weapons to give the new update a spin?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Only just now noticed the dwarves have The Robot as one of their dances.
https://i.imgur.com/Whk5oPe.mp4

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

how do i convince my friends who like deep rock galactic well enough but we played a shitload of it together and we’re all kind of done with it to ante up and power through all the licensing missions plus the resource sink of buying and upgrading all the new weapons to give the new update a spin?

Tell them a big update with new stuff just sfopped, and the player base tripled so there's tons of greenbeards around to laugh at.

If that doesn't work, shout "ROCK AND STONE" in their ears until they acquiesce.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
So what’s the point of collecting things like gold when the mission is about collecting eggs or mikroct or whatever

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

So what’s the point of collecting things like gold when the mission is about collecting eggs or mikroct or whatever

Gold converts to credit bonus upon mission complete. The more you collect, the bigger it gets.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

you need a poo poo ton of money and special minerals to buy everything in this game

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Yeah once you decide to start throwing it around, your credits disappear very quickly.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Deep Dives giving only a single missions worth of BattlePass XP is still kind of a bummer.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Gold is straight credits and other things like more morkite converts to exp, same with nitra so unless you got somewhere to be always top off.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Psion posted:

I once started an egg hunt mission that started with a swarm.

I wondered what the hell happened, then found a random egg lying around while exploring. The drop pod punched right through an egg on the way down and got me swarmed before I could even leave the pod.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

Playing with some friends last night and we got an escape pod dropping not twenty feet from our point extract holdout, but with the door shoved completely into the wall. I haven't had such an obvious middle finger from Control for a while.

I don't know if this was a recent change or just coincidental, but in a lot of the missions I played this weekend, the escape pod dropped right in the starting room. Nothing wrong with that, I have no problem traveling all the way back to the beginning to extract, but if that's the case then they might as well just leave the same drop pod sitting there to wait for us instead of recalling it and then having to send another one. :shrug:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well well well look at this dwarf who thinks he knows how to mine better than mission control

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Triarii posted:

Just did another sabotage mission and it was much easier than my previous runs. It only started dropping phase bombs at phase 3 instead of 2, and it didn't spawn any sniper turrets at all (previous fights would carpet the ceiling in 3-5 of them a couple times). I don't know if there's some randomization to it or if those were changes from the patch.
There's randomization to it. It picks between bombs, shredders and sniper turrets, adding 1 each time you defeat a phase.

Snipers are probably the ones that go down fastest when focused but they're also the hardest to recover from if things go bad.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's tempting to always use the new guns, but I just learned the rival robots die immediately if you light them on fire. Whip out your crispr for the sabotage missions!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Dropped a satchel charge on the hatch after the Caretaker cleared off and blew up our gunner. Who then was flung by the hatch opening animation really far.
Sorry I don't have a grab of it but next time I'm able I'll ask some pubbies to help me recreate this.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Cowcaster posted:

well well well look at this dwarf who thinks he knows how to mine better than mission control

I've had the drop pod show up in the little connector hallway next to the starting room, just slightly past the dirt pile blocking the tunnel. Sometimes Misson Control likes to have a little fun with the dwarves, to entertain himself.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I rocked napalm rockets and volatile bullets in the EDD tonight and felt like a king on the last mission that really tries its best to gently caress you over at the start by just wrecking all the bullshit long distance. Also it’s weird that it’s 6 eggs in one huge room.

On a sad note I have all the new weapon OCs now, new secondary weapons when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
So I have a question that quick googling does not have an answer for. I have a friend that for at least the past year whenever he has an assignment his mission does not show up on the host's map; if this person is not the host then usually his mission is not selectable. This is not an in-progress assignment mismatch because, for example, he has not played since the Rival Incursion update, he selected the Hurricane assignment mission 1, and I, being the host, could not see his assignment. In fact, it was in a biome that was out of scanner range for me. I have completed all assignments so again, this was not an in-progress mismatch.

Has anyone else run into this or can explain what might cause it? Numerous updates, validations, restarts and mission abortions haven't been able to fix this problem.