Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SubnormalityStairs posted:

So are there still goons playing on Pyrallis? The Discord link from the OP is dead, how do?

There are and we are and I just verified that the Discord link worked. At least for me. Maybe try again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I've been enjoying just running around by myself, harvesting mats and killing random enemies. Too bad the game either crashes within 45 minutes of playing or straight causes my computer to lock up since the latest patch :buddy:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I miss those old school spell bars. There is still a wisp mob in Tou Tou that can absolutely wreck you in 3 seconds.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

its all nice on rice posted:

I've been enjoying just running around by myself, harvesting mats and killing random enemies.

Same. Picked up the game on Friday, leveled a character to 10 before realizing there's a goon presence on Pyrallis and switching to it. Different world sets having different starting zones completely threw me off at first, but got the hang of it pretty quickly. Haven't joined the guild/company yet. Will probably ask for an invite soon.

The gameplay loop is addictive, and combat feels quite interactive and rewarding. Things look pretty drat good for an MMO too. The only odd thing (so far, for me) is the lack of mounts, but I can only assume those will be added at some point, maybe. Hopefully. Heh.

At first I did the thing I always do in MMOs and RPGs, which was hoard all my skill/attribute/whatever points for the first several levels until I could decide on a class/build. Then I found out that there's no such thing as a class in this game, and respeccing is pretty easy. Not sure how I feel about that (I want my min-maxing god dammit!) but whatever.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

JuffoWup posted:

I will forever remember this:

Probably because this comedy happened on the server I was on. Also pyreal rat's story describing the vindi as floating masked puppets or something like that.

Martine crashing the wedding

Defense of the Shard

great times in AC

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Anita Dickinme posted:

There are and we are and I just verified that the Discord link worked. At least for me. Maybe try again?

it is because I am bad at computers and my Discord wasn't logged in so the page told me I was not authorized or the link was invalid

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
oh my god. I actually found that article. Warcry is dead, but archive got it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040813082848/http://ac.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=5&id=218&colid=1859

The Pit of Fat Robed Kids Wearing Masks - December 29, 1999

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Asherons call was legit.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

its all nice on rice posted:

I've been enjoying just running around by myself, harvesting mats and killing random enemies. Too bad the game either crashes within 45 minutes of playing or straight causes my computer to lock up since the latest patch :buddy:

i had something similar happen a patch or two ago and nuking my drivers with DDU and reinstalling them fresh solved it. I'd start getting graphic stutters that would increase in frequency & duration and eventually the game would just lock up completely, it sucked.

RisqueBarber posted:

Asherons call was legit.
Seriously one of my favorite MMOs. It was such a refreshing change after starting with EQ where dying meant a) losing a potentially huge chunk of experience & the time & effort it took to grind it b) iirc original you lost all the poo poo on your corpse if you couldnt get it, so you could do naked runs and potentially lose even MORE exp trying to get it or desperately beg a monk to drag your corpse back to the zone line. It was brutal. I played on Rallos Zek, too, and EQ pvp was uhhh... very not good.

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 9, 2021

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

I will forever remember this:

Probably because this comedy happened on the server I was on. Also pyreal rat's story describing the vindi as floating masked puppets or something like that.

My buddy killed BZ on DT and crafted the no drop unique staff out of whatever it was the dropped off of him poo poo was rad.

Also having nexus armor and prepatch GSA was king poo poo.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Been having fun playing this again. Apparently Amazon gave out a bunch of free copies for those that family shared this game, so that's pretty generous of them.

Loving to see a new meltdown in here though every time I pop back in!

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Comrayn posted:

I appreciate theguybro cruising by to remind us of his meltdown when the entertainment had slowed down. We needed the laugh.

If you’re reading this gently caress off though dude for real.

What have we learned 😳
Opinions are meltdowns if they hurt people's feelings 😢

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

theguybro posted:

Been having fun playing this again. Apparently Amazon gave out a bunch of free copies for those that family shared this game, so that's pretty generous of them.

Loving to see a new meltdown in here though every time I pop back in!

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress off, transphobe.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Sorry that's not how I identify.

Edit and did you just assume my phobia?!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
your continued posting here seems ill-advised

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Lol at people policing a New World thread for wrong think.

According to Harvard Health,  phobia is a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation.

People with phobias go out of their way to avoid said objects, persons, animals, activities or situations but here I am trying my best to play games and participate in activities with goons despite my "wrong think". If anything, certain people seem to poo poo their pants any time they see my name pop up.

That's why I'm glad I transfered over to the new server.

I'm just really saddened that I won't be able to play with my best friends again because this is what they think of me 😔

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

?????????

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
You are absolutely right. We should use better words to describe you.

I think bigoted piece of poo poo has a nice ring to it. At least until the inevitable happens and we get to refer to you as banned.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Lawlicaust posted:

I think bigoted piece of poo poo has a nice ring to it. At least until the inevitable happens and we get to refer to you as banned.

But remember, I'm the one having a meltdown :smug:

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

theguybro posted:

I'm just really saddened that I won't be able to play with my best friends again because this is what they think of me 😔

Yeah, when your "best friends" think something of you, it's because they are all wrong. Not because you are that way.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

theguybro posted:

We know

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

theguybro posted:

When you feel you need to go out of your way to make fun of trans people and those who support them, then yes, yes you are

get hosed tia

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

theguybro posted:

Yeah someone who wakes up and decides to smugly post poo poo like this after making fun of trans people in a thread about a video game on a dying internet comedy forum definitely is not mentally stable, glad we could clear this up.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

theguybro posted:

loser poo poo m8

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

theguybro posted:

According to Harvard Health,  phobia is a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation.

People with phobias go out of their way to avoid said objects, persons, animals, activities or situations but here I am trying my best to play games and participate in activities with goons despite my "wrong think". If anything, certain people seem to poo poo their pants any time they see my name pop up.

Holy christ you're an idiot. gently caress off, man.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
honestly all you really need to do to play games with goons is not be a huge jackass but i guess thats too hard for some people. there was a guy in the new world discord with the same be a huge prick schtick so i guess theres a factory pumping these dudes out

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lawlicaust posted:

This made me literally lol at work and I can’t explain why I laughed so hard because I’ll get in trouble for not doing something work-related. :rubby:

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Anyone run into this in the past week? One of the guys my Corp was going on about it last night:

"well theres a new hatchet glitch. so the first over head swing attack with the hatchet can be hit 4 times a second. got killed with 9 hits in seconds"

Actual new glitch or the new 'dying due to lag'

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Wayback posted:

Anyone run into this in the past week? One of the guys my Corp was going on about it last night:

"well theres a new hatchet glitch. so the first over head swing attack with the hatchet can be hit 4 times a second. got killed with 9 hits in seconds"

Actual new glitch or the new 'dying due to lag'

I use hatchet a lot esp this week and haven't seen this so my 1st suspicion would be lag.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
there's a new "people whining about exploiters" weapon but hatchet aint it

hatchet is just back to being cool and good and important

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

theguybro posted:

gently caress off you bigoted transphobe piece of poo poo.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

i hit 54 yesterday and i've just been doing a poo poo load of town board gathering quests since 50. if you have few thousand coin and a good amount of azoth you can level super fast doing turn in loops at multiple cities.

my storage situation is starting to get out of hand. i've got close to three city storage's at max capacity - i've got a crafting city (windsward), a cooking city (everfall), and just dump random gear city (cutlass keys). i don't know what i think of the linked trading post changes yet. it's interesting to think about running different types of sales in different cities and i'm sure people are starting to figure out how to economically hold a city; like i like to think that despite one guild holding a city by force, someone else could choke out the trading post and economically ruin the city. i think once linked trading posts go in that potential goes out the window.

still enjoying the game and the gameplay, i think there is a lot of potential with the game, especially at the 6 month or year mark if they can get most things dialed in.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

That Works posted:

I use hatchet a lot esp this week and haven't seen this so my 1st suspicion would be lag.

Thanks, seems to be the case on my side too, so going to chok this one up to exaggeration.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

gently caress Man posted:

i hit 54 yesterday and i've just been doing a poo poo load of town board gathering quests since 50. if you have few thousand coin and a good amount of azoth you can level super fast doing turn in loops at multiple cities.

my storage situation is starting to get out of hand. i've got close to three city storage's at max capacity - i've got a crafting city (windsward), a cooking city (everfall), and just dump random gear city (cutlass keys). i don't know what i think of the linked trading post changes yet. it's interesting to think about running different types of sales in different cities and i'm sure people are starting to figure out how to economically hold a city; like i like to think that despite one guild holding a city by force, someone else could choke out the trading post and economically ruin the city. i think once linked trading posts go in that potential goes out the window.

still enjoying the game and the gameplay, i think there is a lot of potential with the game, especially at the 6 month or year mark if they can get most things dialed in.

I was exactly in this situation, hit 60 over the weekend. Largely I just crafted up a ton of materials that I had on hand to try to deplete stockpiles and sold off a bunch of other crap to get the stuff down. Refining reagents take up a lot of space and I gave a bunch away to guild members who are grinding up stuff and sold a bunch to make a nice bit of cash as well.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol thread still delivering meltdowns some how :five:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

gently caress yeah

Kick his rear end

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

theguybro posted:

I hope you die a slow and painful death.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
PTR looks good, adding a pvp quest to kill actual players is a no-brainer we've been asking for for over a year

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

I hope you die a slow and painful death.

most sane leftist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

PTR looks good, adding a pvp quest to kill actual players is a no-brainer we've been asking for for over a year

Yesssss, void gauntlet. Looks like a promising list at least.

Edit: Actually thinking about it some more. Depending on how the healing works out, the fact that void gaunt has a healing tree and scales off int as well as focus would make it a better option for an off hand weapon to many weapons. Up to and including the musket. I've been struggling with that, but if I could go with max int musket/void gaunt while still having healing and melee, that sounds ideal for my playstyle.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 10, 2021