Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tokit posted:

should answer your question about the quality of the forums these days
You people haven't been terminally online, locked inside the corpse of a decaying vbulletin like us but y'all post like leftovers scraped off of reddit/4chan.

What the gently caress have you been doing with your lives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

join the sa lawyers discord

Holy poo poo a Hot Dog Day

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

AnonymouseNo5 posted:

That meat constipation: Finally solved with a lead aspirin.

I'm not sure what these chat logs are supposed to support, if anything.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Lowtax's next mark posting in his memorial thread is a real fitting eulogy, imo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shut up Koala's March

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Tokit posted:

I haven't been here in awhile but I'm genuinely baffled at how this poo poo posting idiot named CLAM DOWN I put on block years ago is now a moderator.

Dude has some good thoughts and ideas about working in the shithole IT industry sometimes? I think he's aight.

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

Heath posted:

Are you the 10bux NFT psycho or

Yes, Futa Snake is the 10bux NFT pyscho

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

I got 99 problems but a bitc 98 problems
imagine being a registered goon for fifteen years and the only thing that offends you nowadays is someone else's pronouns

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

fairly epic gifs goone sire

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

who tf is koalas march

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

astral
Apr 26, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

who tf is koalas march

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2766

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.
What's going on in this thread?

Haven't been here since I had to take care of sick family back in '15, and seeing all these old posters is kind of comforting in a way. Like going back to your hometown and seeing the Burger King parking lot you hung out in is still there full of goons.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OMGVBFLOL posted:

who tf is koalas march

A weirdo who got made mod of a forum for minorities and then became an admin and tried to start a forums coup by convincing a bunch of unstable vulnerable people that FYAD was full of Actual Nazis.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

who tf is koalas march

:getout:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A weirdo who got made mod of a forum for minorities and then became an admin and tried to start a forums coup by convincing a bunch of unstable vulnerable people that FYAD was full of Actual Nazis.

They did not actually become an admin.

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

stressboy posted:

Old gently caress here, dusted off my account to post in this legendary thread.

RIP Lowtax, and gently caress off forever. Oh wait, it looks like you did.
I can't remember your name, but weren't we coworkers? Back at NEN?

CgiBinLaden posted:

You'd think Leonard J Crabs would have had the decency to announce this and handle questions.
Unsung forums legend right here y'all, at least in my mind. Top-shelf humor for years.

What people need to understand is how much easier it is for stuff to go viral today, and how much rarer that sort of thing was 15-20 years ago, pre-Facebook, pre-Twitter, pre-[insert literally any social media platform]. Whenever SA is referenced as this cornerstone of internet culture it's always via AYB and lolcats and whatever, but that wasn't what made this place great back in the day, that's just the fragments of stuff that managed to fumble and fart its way upstream to a larger audience. Packed tightly around that poo poo was this constant stream of random essays, Photoshop contests, all kinds of stuff that was super fuckin witty, creative and inspired humor that made the forums absolutely awesome in their day. (I don't intend that as any comparison to how things are now; I don't have much perspective on that, I'm just blabbing on how it was back then.) So props to the creators of those memes and poo poo that made it big, but imo there's a shortlist of 30-40 goons all across the forums that were cranking out consistently hilarious stuff at an absolutely insane rate from like 2002-2005 or so.

As far as I'm concerned, if there was an SA Hall of Fame, CgiBinLaden would be first-ballot. Cheers my dude, and cheers to all the OGs swinging through here on this weird day

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

I have really fond memories of that song, actually. Listening to it on the school bus on the way to school, on my :krad: cd player with skip protection :)

edit: quoting was a good idea, gently caress yeah double punkin.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

astral posted:

They did not actually become an admin.

I swear they had a red star although that could've been a custom thing.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is reality breaking down now because I've completely lost the plot at this point

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

got some bad news about people being ironic nazis 24/7....

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

Is that Koala's March? Do they have power over birbs?

M for Mushroom
Jan 1, 2006

new york london paris munich
End of an era I guess.

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D
If everyone is coming back to celebrate the death of lowtax can the goon who used to do the Microbe (is the best) art please repost all of it. It all got wiped when the awfulhosting died.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Please no getting horny in lowtax's suicide thread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

oglethorpe2020 posted:

got some bad news about people being ironic nazis 24/7....

how's BNR doing

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

Ganbare Gincun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqZ6IFFYOaI

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

when i think of lowtax i think of that picture someone took of him passed out on a couch in the something awful office with some pill bottles on the table. i think he posted an open invitation to come chill since he was closing the space, but no one showed up except for one guy who took pictures and some merch without lowtax ever knowing he was even there.

really makes you think

The Catalyst
Jan 29, 2003

I'm Mister Hundred and One.
RIP Lowtax.

poo poo way to go, but what can you do? :iiam:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Heath posted:

Is reality breaking down now because I've completely lost the plot at this point

40somethings posting :getout: at each other like it’s 2005.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

DamnitGannet posted:

when i think of lowtax i think of that picture someone took of him passed out on a couch in the something awful office with some pill bottles on the table. i think he posted an open invitation to come chill since he was closing the space, but no one showed up except for one guy who took pictures and some merch without lowtax ever knowing he was even there.

really makes you think

remember the livestream he was doing with his daughter where he wandered away and fell asleep on the toilet

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
God drat this thread makes me feel old.

I'm just waiting for Emily "Integral" Reigel and Euronymous to show up and we'll rip open a portal to 2003.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The one thing that will stick with me forever on this is Lowtax's absolute insistence that no court of law found him guilty of DV.

Then it did.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tokit posted:

I haven't been here in awhile but I'm genuinely baffled at how this poo poo posting idiot named CLAM DOWN I put on block years ago is now a moderator.

dude is still being a loving idiot in 2021 :shrug:

should answer your question about the quality of the forums these days

they're not a mod op

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ganbare Gincun posted:

What if the birb was the real KM? Controlling that poor human because birbs don't have credit cards.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

rivetz posted:

Unsung forums legend right here y'all, at least in my mind. Top-shelf humor for years.

What people need to understand is how much easier it is for stuff to go viral today, and how much rarer that sort of thing was 15-20 years ago, pre-Facebook, pre-Twitter, pre-[insert literally any social media platform]. Whenever SA is referenced as this cornerstone of internet culture it's always via AYB and lolcats and whatever, but that wasn't what made this place great back in the day, that's just the fragments of stuff that managed to fumble and fart its way upstream to a larger audience. Packed tightly around that poo poo was this constant stream of random essays, Photoshop contests, all kinds of stuff that was super fuckin witty, creative and inspired humor that made the forums absolutely awesome in their day. (I don't intend that as any comparison to how things are now; I don't have much perspective on that, I'm just blabbing on how it was back then.) So props to the creators of those memes and poo poo that made it big, but imo there's a shortlist of 30-40 goons all across the forums that were cranking out consistently hilarious stuff at an absolutely insane rate from like 2002-2005 or so.

As far as I'm concerned, if there was an SA Hall of Fame, CgiBinLaden would be first-ballot. Cheers my dude, and cheers to all the OGs swinging through here on this weird day

I'm read the two pages of their post history available and laughed, good recommendation.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Millions of Crows posted:

Unless you've seen sincere love turn to hate, all that you've built turned against you, and come close to death by your hand you're in no position to judge.
Those branded abusers, were certainly abused themselves, carrying trauma with them, struggling against exposing it to others. But that poo poo goes so deep. One can eventually just accept being a monster, and look exclusively to other monsters for company.
Or like Lowtax, a person can come to the conclusion there is no way to make things better, no matter what they do. If all that is left is to spiral further into sadness and pain a quick exit seems like the best option.

Unless you've tasted death, shut up.
I did. I wish i embraced that wraith. The void is warm.

Just help those left behind, or shut up, please.

This is pretty terrible logic if you're seeking to enter the restaurant critique business. You may not be the Dacquoise King of Seattle in your own kitchen, but damned if you can't intimately commune with one when you find one.

Plus other realms need this logic. I would still like firemen to come to my abode even if they themselves have never caused a blazing kitchen fire when preparing a dacquoise.

I'd hate to see you dispatch a team of paramedics. "Sorry sir. None of our paramedics have direct experience of being run over repeatedly by a local restaurant chef. You're fresh out of berries on this one"

And as for your condition that one must have tasted death.

Sir. I have indeed tasted death. There's this one place off Madison and 4th where the dacquoise was just the oncoming shroud of eternal blackness itself.

But no. We mustn't judge.

All we are is dacquoises. Trying to get by. Without paying child support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

SchrodingersCat posted:

God drat this thread makes me feel old.

I'm just waiting for Emily "Integral" Reigel and Euronymous to show up and we'll rip open a portal to 2003.

INCEPTION: The planetquake crew busts through the wall like the koolaid man.