Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Oh my loving god they put it in their bodies, they didn't just cut it open and check for doneness and texture no no they made it part of them forever and also made forever much sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the comments were like "liver failure speedrun"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Nordic Cuisine:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I know that Finland experienced the iron age for a long time but did northwestern europe also not discover fire until fairly recently?

Was it a roman thing? It can't be just that it's too wet and cold because the british isles had fire and we used it to boil everything.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The industrial revolution reached Iceland circa 1902. Around the same time the invention of the wheel reached Iceland when the first roads were laid down to prepare for a royal visit from the Danish king beginning the "Wagon Age" when goods were for the first time transported by wagon instead of solely by horse or foot. Cars and motorcycles also started making their first appearances around the same time as the first wagons but didn't become commonplace until after WW2.

Other stables of pre-modern Icelandic diet include seered sheepface, ram testicles, and sour whale.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sour whale, as found in the unpopular jelly belly 93 flavors Sours Mix

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

FreudianSlippers posted:

Other stables of pre-modern Icelandic diet include seered sheepface,

ok

FreudianSlippers posted:

ram testicles,

... maybe

FreudianSlippers posted:

and sour whale.

oh jeez

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The best part is pouring the loose sour sugar from the bottom of the bag into your mouth after the whales are gone

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
you're just going to ignore the free prize inside?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Empty Sandwich posted:

you're just going to ignore the free prize inside?

I can’t eat a whole Jonah anymore.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

LifeSunDeath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC0oik3plC8

these mfers are actually eating this poo poo, wtf.

As gross as that is to watch I reckon it's still better than reading about people using PCBs oil stolen from old power transformers :gonk:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sour Whale is whale blubber boiled and pickled in whey. So maybe "pickled blubber" would be a more accurate term

Tastes as good as it sounds and it only really eaten for the sake of tradition.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Maybe gently caress tradition then?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Tradition is just poo poo we do that we don't know why anymore.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seriously how many loving horrible things do you guys do to seafoods I keep learning more of them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Monkey on a ladder reaching for a banana labeled "stop eating hakarl", all the other monkeys beating him up

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I devour traditional alsatian food any chance I get, difference is, it's good.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Pickled in WHEY? What the gently caress is happening

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Brawnfire posted:

You ask 'whey?', but I posit: whey not?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Brawnfire posted:

you ever lived somewhere deadly cold...it makes the mind do crazy things.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Lacto-fermentation is good for vegetables, like sauerkraut; but meat or, whale fat? gross

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It certainly never a curd to me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whale
Along came a spider
Who sat down beside her and said
Hei! Mitä on kulhossa narttu? VAI NIIN!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

coldpudding posted:

As gross as that is to watch I reckon it's still better than reading about people using PCBs oil stolen from old power transformers :gonk:

people are doing what now with PCB oil? Don't tell me they're deep-frying foods in that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

No, they're injecting it into their massive, swollen nutsacks

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

TotalLossBrain posted:

people are doing what now with PCB oil? Don't tell me they're deep-frying foods in that.

Transformer oil thieves have been an ongoing problem in some parts of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGOO7gZkBQM

coldpudding has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Nov 13, 2021

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

FreudianSlippers posted:

Nordic Cuisine:

That sounds very calorie dense, as fitting for a traditional dish in a sparse arctic country, and also loving disgusting.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

That gives me a good idea for a horror story like At the Mountains of Madness, except instead of uncovering terrifying cosmic beings they just keep unpacking even more appalling and unknowable rations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Ror posted:

That gives me a good idea for a horror story like At the Mountains of Madness, except instead of uncovering terrifying cosmic beings they just keep unpacking even more appalling and unknowable rations.

The Call of Cthulhu RPG sourcebook for AtMoM has you making Pemmican at one point.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Ror posted:

I'd heartily recommend any books on Arctic/antarctic exploration then, that's exactly what you're describing

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Eat your baleful eyes which seem to yet still gaze from some otherworldly ocean's inky depths, or no dessert!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just eat the giant penguins

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tekeli-licious.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'd heartily recommend any books on Arctic/antarctic exploration then, that's exactly what you're describing

"Our ships are stranded in the canadian arctic, the ice didn't melt all summer. Good thing we have three years worth of mystery meat in lead tins. God save the King and british ingenuity!"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Sunless Sea was a documentary of Victorian England

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Roundup Ready posted:

Dew and bourbon go together surprisingly well. Kinda like a lovely whiskey sour. Drunk bartender friend called it the hillbilly highball.

Bourbon is the liquor of gods. I never tried it with Dew, can see it working well as it's just yum. Wild Turkey and Faygo Red Pop mix super well, I call it Red Turkey kuz I've never thought up a better name when drinking it.

Pages back were the bloody mary mountain of food things, and I wouldn't gently caress with sweets at all so the ones that got donuts and ice cream i'd prob chuck the waste on the floor if they wouldn't just leave it off. Most looked pretty good though, I would prob have a couple pints and eat my way down to the drink and have it before loving off back home to take a nap.

For some content I submit airfried boneless bbq pork rib and cold beans(It was delicious really and the meat was so hot that mixing the cold beans worked great).

I eat some sloppy poo poo pretty regularly, being cheap and not picky works when only taste and nutrition matters.

To make it better, same food.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm starting a new job in a new field come monday and apparently there is an air fryer for public use in the break room. I can't wait to try it out on company time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm starting a new job in a new field come monday and apparently there is an air fryer for public use in the break room. I can't wait to try it out on company time.

Air fryers are incredible, and best wishes to your future weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Apparently going for Pizza in Argentina mean you're attending a 1950's dinner party