Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Das Haus playlist is the exact sort of chaos I wanted, but after each match it will throw you into a completely random other playlist that you don't necessarily want to be in. I hope that gets fixed, but just leaving the lobby and joining Das Haus again fixes the problem in the mean time that will likely go ignored by Activision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
okay I was wondering if I had just clicked the wrong playlist but nope the playlist only lasts for one game before throwing you into whatever the gently caress

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol, really impressive kill/death ratios are common in CoD, there are some good players in this game, but Cojo's performance in Blitz Das Haus is pretty blatant what is going on.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Is there some known and weird server lag in this game? The number of times I've been killed by something that made absolutely no sense on my screen, but then made perfect sense in the kill cam is ridiculously high.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
things can snowball pretty hard in das haus after a few killstreaks

artillery on that map is brutal

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was trying to account for that, but this player for some reason only used his killstreaks once. I kept waiting for artillery to happen for the whole match and it never came. It was one of the weirder matches that I honestly cant explain.

threeagainstfour posted:

Is there some known and weird server lag in this game? The number of times I've been killed by something that made absolutely no sense on my screen, but then made perfect sense in the kill cam is ridiculously high.

That has kinda always been a CoD thing. I remember these issues as far back as Modern Warfare 2.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

LGD posted:

and of course the possibility remains that those guns will remain superior in practice due to handling, or a particular combination - i.e. the StG gets the Vital proficiency (gives headshot damage to an area of the upper torso, usually only available on marksment/sniper rifles though the itra burst and type 100 also have it), and while (due to how the numbers work out) that mostly just makes 8mm Kurz competitive with Russian Short when aiming center-mass, it might be busted when used in combination with the Krausnick 620MM precision barrel to juice the vital damage (+ probably Russian short to keep damage from non-vital hits high/retain 4 shot non-vital kill potential), though my real world results were mixed (basically trading the consistent low ttk of Russian Short alone for a more inconsistent experience where you sometimes insta-burst people and sometimes feel like you're running very slightly worse base StG ammo), which might be more attributable to how tired I was by the time I got everything unlocked than the combination itself (and regardless that particular combo is not why you see StG's so prominently)

ah, that's why I was getting funky results (and many of you are insta dying to the StG):

a. the Krausnick 620MM barrel apparently doesn't stack with the Vital proficiency (likely a good thing)
b. more importantly, Vital is apparently bugged in combination with Russian Short - by the numbers/description it shouldn't do anything to affect ttk, but for some reason it's apparently making upper torso shots (but not headshots) do like 78 damage, so it can 2 hit you

e:

I said come in! posted:

I was trying to account for that, but this player for some reason only used his killstreaks once. I kept waiting for artillery to happen for the whole match and it never came. It was one of the weirder matches that I honestly cant explain.

might be dead drop - it's apparently bugged/intended that once you hit the end you stop accumulating points towards kills streaks (though you may be able to reset it by using it or just swapping out your field upgrade - haven't tested it)

LGD fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 9, 2021

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

The Das Haus playlist is the exact sort of chaos I wanted, but after each match it will throw you into a completely random other playlist that you don't necessarily want to be in. I hope that gets fixed, but just leaving the lobby and joining Das Haus again fixes the problem in the mean time that will likely go ignored by Activision.

That part is annoying as hell. Went from Assault Haus to tactical hardpoint match.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
What do blueprints do for weapons? Do they just unlock combinations of attachments you haven't unlocked yet or is there some other advantage?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What do blueprints do for weapons? Do they just unlock combinations of attachments you haven't unlocked yet or is there some other advantage?

Yeah it's that + they're cosmetics.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Also, sometimes they have hidden bonuses (aka are bugged) and do more damage than the base gun itself should otherwise do.

At least that happened a few times on the 2 previous games.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

LGD posted:

I think it'll take a while to evaluate because of how much wacky stuff potentially exists in attachment combos that'll take a while to unlock

like apparently you can more or less re-create OG MW2 commando pro via bayonet + reach

OH. MY. GOD I NEED THIS.

I was just telling my son about the GOOD OL DAYS when you could stab all the people, or be a mortar squad that never ran out of ammo or be a newspaper delivery boy with C4 with a riot shield

So I’m gonna need that like yesterday

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

tehinternet posted:

OH. MY. GOD I NEED THIS.

I was just telling my son about the GOOD OL DAYS when you could stab all the people, or be a mortar squad that never ran out of ammo or be a newspaper delivery boy with C4 with a riot shield

So I’m gonna need that like yesterday

it's very good :wink:

game definitely has the MW2 vibe of balance-via-everything-being-busted

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

LGD posted:

it's very good :wink:

lol that rules

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Champion Hill is a cool mode, but I need to get my friends to buy Vanguard because playing it with pubbies sucks when you get matched against a bunch of premades.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

LGD posted:

apparently the Sten has some attachment that allows you to aim-walk incredibly fast, look at this poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/8b2YgvZ.mp4

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bardeh posted:

apparently the Sten has some attachment that allows you to aim-walk incredibly fast, look at this poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/8b2YgvZ.mp4

what the gently caress lol, yet another gun I need to level

also extra good because ads walking has essentially zero footstep audio so you also get the benefit of ninja

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

They need to reduce the size of the loving Goliath so it has :corsair: access to anywhere that isn't 30 feet wide.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

moist turtleneck posted:

gonna be 90 years old and making GBS threads my pants but then they will hook me up to a vintage xbox and I will still be able to do this

https://i.imgur.com/ocXGdOx.gifv

Wait am I bugging or is this Jungle from BLOPS 1? That’s in this??

Also please add me to your parties, I’d like to play with people who at least play the objective a little bit.

PSN: hottososu / Activision ID: hotto sosu#4796245

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Seymour Buttz posted:

Wait am I bugging or is this Jungle from BLOPS 1? That’s in this??

Also please add me to your parties, I’d like to play with people who at least play the objective a little bit.

PSN: hottososu / Activision ID: hotto sosu#4796245

That's not Jungle, it didn't have narrow trenches.
Blops 4 has a newer version of it though.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Surprisingly having fun with this, I got burned out bad on CoD a few games ago but a bunch of my friends decided to get this one and so here I am.

Didn't play the beta so I can't compare, but I do like how smooth and arcade-y this feels. The maps are actually not bad either! They remembered to include some verticality this time, which makes a huge difference. I feel like there's lots of opportunities to flank / break sightlines so the camping snipers aren't as annoying as they usually are, and this is probably the best movement has felt in a CoD that didn't include jetpacks.

Patrol is great and I hope it becomes a staple mode, probably the most interesting objective mode they've done in a long time.

Downsides so far:

- Lots of weird lag / packet loss. Dunno what's going on with that but those two notifications are basically up on my screen 100% of the time, and there's lots of other weird buggy stuff like the after-match report claiming I unlocked something only to go into my armory and realize I'm still a level away from it, or randomly treating me like I'm Rank 1 and locking me out of customizing anything until I complete a match.

- Vital really needs to be removed from everything except Marksmen / Sniper Rifles. The STG and MP40 are already good and fun but giving them vital means that every single other choice is deliberately handicapping yourself. Other than that the gun balance actually feels decent - even with the insanely extensive attachment system the individual guns feel different enough that I find myself switching between them depending on the map / mode

- Spawns are absolutely hilariously hosed on any pacing other than Tactical. Like I literally don't even understand how it's possible to code something so dumb, it's genuinely worse than just plopping you in a completely randomized square on the map every time you spawn. I know they've said they're fixing it but pretty much every CoD I can remember had poo poo spawns so I'm not super confident that's going to improve very much

- A lot of the lower-tier killstreaks just suck. Care packages bounce like crazy and just randomly get dropped like 100 feet away from the smoke marker - I think like 3/4ths of the ones I've called in have landed outside the map or on a roof. The mortar strike lasts way too goddamn long but is also basically impossible to actually use because you can't set the marker anywhere unless the map is outdoors and there's zero cover around. Glide bombs have lovely targeting and it seems to be completely random whether it penetrates a roof or not. The Death Machine thing has atrociously slow ADS speed and gets outgunned by most things unless you're using the splash damage to shoot into windows / doors, etc. Attack dogs are ridiculous bullet sponges.

Having a lot of fun despite public lobbies feeling way sweatier than I remember - or maybe I'm just getting older and there's a bunch of young people with super twitchy reflexes who are tapped directly into the meta thanks to twitch streams and stuff. Are there any goon clans organized yet?

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
The turn around in sentiment around this game post release is pretty wild.

My expectations going in to a CoD are pretty simple :

Shooting dudes should feel good.
A caffeine fuelled arena shooter like pace, but also "smooth".
A good sense of progression.

And this ticks them boxes.

Also gonna drop my Xbawk Gamer Tag in here again, add me: S1Nx81

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's definitely a different game since the beta, it's nice when it seems like they listen to feedback

FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Care packages bounce like crazy and just randomly get dropped like 100 feet away from the smoke marker - I think like 3/4ths of the ones I've called in have landed outside the map or on a roof.

Fully agree on this - the bouncing on them is insane, and it seems to take a long time for them to "settle" so I can actually start collecting them.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Im having a lot of trouble with marksman rifles, they don't seem to have a lot of utility compared to the ARs because the recoil is so incredible and you have to really wrestle it back into position for a follow up shot. Maybe it's just a matter of attachments, but I've been mostly using the rifles just because one shotting people when you land a headshot is incredibly funny, but for practical fighting it loses to the Automaton almost every time.

The weird thing is that the weapons like the Garand are best at almost melee ranges because your two shot still lands quickly even despite the recoil.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

- A lot of the lower-tier killstreaks just suck. Care packages bounce like crazy and just randomly get dropped like 100 feet away from the smoke marker

I know it's reddit but here's a video showing how silly it can get with care packages:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODVanguard/comments/qp3osx/when_the_pilot_is_fed_up_with_all_the_care/

CuddleCryptid posted:

Im having a lot of trouble with marksman rifles

The SVT40 becomes the best sniper in the game with vital and the 800m barrel, it reminds of the Strela in BO3, it delivers a one hit kill from the upper-chest it is crazy.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 11, 2021

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CuddleCryptid posted:

Im having a lot of trouble with marksman rifles, they don't seem to have a lot of utility compared to the ARs because the recoil is so incredible and you have to really wrestle it back into position for a follow up shot. Maybe it's just a matter of attachments, but I've been mostly using the rifles just because one shotting people when you land a headshot is incredibly funny, but for practical fighting it loses to the Automaton almost every time.

The weird thing is that the weapons like the Garand are best at almost melee ranges because your two shot still lands quickly even despite the recoil.

svt is an awesome oneshot machine with the right attachments but you are absolutely hosed if you miss.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I used the three line for sniper kills for Polina the other day and that blueprint was perfect for me because I usually miss every sniper shot in any other game

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

- A lot of the lower-tier killstreaks just suck. Care packages bounce like crazy and just randomly get dropped like 100 feet away from the smoke marker - I think like 3/4ths of the ones I've called in have landed outside the map or on a roof. The mortar strike lasts way too goddamn long but is also basically impossible to actually use because you can't set the marker anywhere unless the map is outdoors and there's zero cover around. Glide bombs have lovely targeting and it seems to be completely random whether it penetrates a roof or not. The Death Machine thing has atrociously slow ADS speed and gets outgunned by most things unless you're using the splash damage to shoot into windows / doors, etc. Attack dogs are ridiculous bullet sponges.

The wait time for the care package drop is so ridiculous too even without considering there's a good chance that it will bounce away somewhere inaccessible. I feel like when I use it I wait a long time to just get Intel from it and that time could have been better spent getting kills or objectives.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

moist turtleneck posted:

things can snowball pretty hard in das haus after a few killstreaks

artillery on that map is brutal

That applies to all maps. They need to do something about it, because if one team gets the upper hand early, the other team is in a world of screen shake and unavoidable insta-death.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

speaking of, reduce screen shake to 50% in the menus

there's actually a lot of really good settings buried in there, worth exploring

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

victrix posted:

Why they would think to make this an option in a competitive FPS is beyond me. It's kind of like if you could set how long flashbangs blind you

I will of course be turning it down.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

victrix posted:

WHAT

Jesus christ I need it now.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

- Vital really needs to be removed from everything except Marksmen / Sniper Rifles. The STG and MP40 are already good and fun but giving them vital means that every single other choice is deliberately handicapping yourself. Other than that the gun balance actually feels decent - even with the insanely extensive attachment system the individual guns feel different enough that I find myself switching between them depending on the map / mode

Both guns currently have overpowered builds, but it's actually not Vital (directly) in either case - Vital on the StG just makes the 8mm Kurz ammo ttk competitive with what Russian Short does anyway if you aim center-mass (which is a low TTK but is very analogous to several of the other ARs). It also doesn't combine with the StG's +headshot damage barrel, and it shouldn't provide Russian Short any TTK advantage (since vital damage is almost identical to body-shot damage and it's a 3 shot kill either way). But, for whatever reason, it's bugged in combination with Russian short and actually does like 78 damage to the upper chest (but not the head), which gives what was already the best StG ammo ridiculous 2-tap potential.

The MP40 doesn't even have access to Vital to begin with (the other AR's/SMG's with Vital access are the ITRA Burst [which likely needs the help], and the Type 100 [which probably doesn't, but unless it's bugged similarly to the StG while using the Russian Short conversion it's also not doing much]), the broken combination there is the 8mm Kurz conversion + hollow point bullets. 8mm Kurz boosts the body damage up to 46 while leaving headshot/vital damage unchanged, which would normally make it a 3 shot kill gun, and actually give it the slowest theoretical ttk for an in-range SMG using its best ammunition (though it's still in the "top ARs" ttk range and the disadvantage is offset by the MP40's superior stats in other areas). However, while hollow point bullets are usually marginal on other weapons, whatever scaling has been applied in this case somehow boosts the limb damage of MP40 8mm Kurz up somewhere north of 50, so you can consistently 2-tap people by targeting their arms/legs (which gives it an absurdly low ttk).

e:

Bonby posted:

WHAT

Jesus christ I need it now.

yeah it's a gamechanger, makes the game vastly more playable when your team is getting fuckbarreled by killstreaks

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 11, 2021

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The Vital bullshit is present on the Type 100 as well for a spicy 88ms ttk or some nonsense like that

Doesn't touch the 'literally kill in one pellet with the combat shotgun' though :v:

Once they fix that it should remove the worst of the 'what the gently caress I'm just dead' idiocy - the STG is bad not because it's wildly overpowered compared to everything else, but because it's omnipresent and it has a broken setup

I've found just about every gun I've used so far has had some configuration that makes it worth using

I'd guess we'll get a worst of the worst gun fixes patch soon and more tuning for less obnoxious but still broken stuff later

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I would imagine we’ll see one round of gun balancing between now and the end of the current seasons battle pass and the introduction of the new battle pass and Warzone map. Expect a new gun in that battle pass that absolutely dominates Warzone meta!!!!

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Glide bombs have lovely targeting and it seems to be completely random whether it penetrates a roof or not.

Having a lot of fun despite public lobbies feeling way sweatier than I remember - or maybe I'm just getting older and there's a bunch of young people with super twitchy reflexes who are tapped directly into the meta thanks to twitch streams and stuff. Are there any goon clans organized yet?

Bombs dont penetrate roofs. They do however have splash damage that kills players inside buildings.

I had a 2 day break and went from doing pretty good, to getting lasered from every angle the second I spawn.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

victrix posted:

I've found just about every gun I've used so far has had some configuration that makes it worth using

I've found this too and it's actually pretty nice. There's definitely far less just out-and-out "why would you ever use this gun" than previous games. Suppose the 10 attachment default helps a lot with that.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
The downside is now it makes getting the guns to that point even more difficult. The base guns feel extra pea-shooty next to leveled ones now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

FPS_Sage posted:

Fully agree on this - the bouncing on them is insane, and it seems to take a long time for them to "settle" so I can actually start collecting them.

There's also an invisible ceiling at the back of Castle which means your Care Package gets delivered to an out-of-bounds area.