Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Trump posted:

That applies to all maps. They need to do something about it, because if one team gets the upper hand early, the other team is in a world of screen shake and unavoidable insta-death.

ive had so many moments where i snuck up on people and the screen shake just as i was about to shoot caused me to miss and get killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yesterday the map rotation was dominated by castle and das haus so much so that I quit playing for the day. You have good maps cod! Let me play some of them!

I am extremely stoked that packet loss was slightly better and hopeful it continues to improve. Game played fine first few days, but then packet loss and latency issues made it near-unplayable.

Edited to add that I was wary of scope glint* (even though I’m used to that in battlefield) but I was wrong to worry because picking off snipers one by one with a bar or svt is extremely satisfying

*this could have been introduced awhile ago and I just didn’t realize it. I went from advanced warfare to ww2 and stayed there.

best bale fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 12, 2021

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

ASenileAnimal posted:

ive had so many moments where i snuck up on people and the screen shake just as i was about to shoot caused me to miss and get killed

I've had perfect angles on campers, and the moment I choose to shoot at them, the whole drat screen starts to shake....and I miss.

It's so, so, SO frustrating!

The game's base is very good this year tho, I hope that they fix the god guns TTKs. I just don't see how a 2hit kill anywhere on the body with ar's and smgs is supposed to be balanced and cool for normal modes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The combat shotgun is too much fun to use and it makes people very mad so gets the Hot Diggity Fun Gun stamp of approval

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fast Deploy on your gun (~doubles equipment usage speed)

Ammo Crate

S-Mine

Dynamite

Plant S-Mine, drop Dynamite - tada, you've created an omnidirectional proximity explosive!

With the ammo crate you can do this twice, and the ammo crate itself is highly explosive, amplifying the effect if you plant it near one of your booby traps

This makes people very, very angry, and makes holding dom/hardpoints substantially easier - in tactical anyway, lol@wasting your time throwing equipment in blitz whatever (though you can still use it to secure a camping hidey hole if you want to chill in a window somewhere with an lmg or sniper, not that I would encourage such non-stg, non-mp40 pro-approved dastardly tactics)

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Hot Diggity! posted:

The combat shotgun is too much fun to use and it makes people very mad so gets the Hot Diggity Fun Gun stamp of approval

I agree and support this opinion. Incendiary rounds on the combat shotgun makes people lose their minds.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

givepatajob posted:

I agree and support this opinion. Incendiary rounds on the combat shotgun makes people lose their minds.

i dont understand how cod players could be ok with quickscoping ninjas deleting entire teams at all ranges but get so insanely mad over shotguns. theyre not even a threat if you can stay out of range.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

ASenileAnimal posted:

i dont understand how cod players could be ok with quickscoping ninjas deleting entire teams at all ranges but get so insanely mad over shotguns. theyre not even a threat if you can stay out of range.

That's where incendiary rounds become very fun because of the minor amounts of tick damage at range :evilbuddy:

Also not sure why but whatever FPS has a shotgun it will always make people mad, therefore making it the best weapon

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So as someone who hasn't played CoD Since BLOP4, how does this compare to the last couple? The only thing I really know about the multiplayer is that you can select different options to find games with increased player counts and having a large amount of silly chaos sounds pretty fun to me.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ASenileAnimal posted:

Honestly they aren't that big of a deal for most maps, but in killhouse objective maps they are pretty objectively OP. I've done the game of running a shotty on Domination on shoebox maps and half the time I end up switching out to something else just because one shotting anyone who comes within range of the point, which on those maps is like six feet with all the walls, is kinda boring.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Jimbot posted:

So as someone who hasn't played CoD Since BLOP4, how does this compare to the last couple? The only thing I really know about the multiplayer is that you can select different options to find games with increased player counts and having a large amount of silly chaos sounds pretty fun to me.

It's MW with the M upside down

Blitz is essentially 24/7 rust/shipment/shoothouse/das house on just about every map, so lots of NEURON ACTIVATION, if that's your jam

Assault varies, it's generally pretty spammy, but less than Tactical, which is mostly 'classic cod' (some exceptions, it's more than 6v6 on bigger maps, which frankly feels fine)

Because of the game flow, weapon balance, perk choices, map design, and audio people move far more than they did in MW

Between the servers and the guns (some broken), the ttk is significantly faster than CW (or miles faster than BO4)

However, it extremely feels like MW2 in that 'everything is broken so nothing is broken' kind of way. Shotgun that kills in one pellet within like 7m? Sure why not. 2 shot kill full auto guns due to stupid attachment interactions that will probably get patched soon? Yep. SMGs that let you ADS strafe at 14m/s around the map? Why not.

There's a lot of janky busted poo poo (challenges, menus, random party issues, the usual launch bullshit), but nothing truly bad, and overall the game feels miles more complete than CW did at launch.

Also, 16 MP maps + the varied combat pacing makes the game feel orders of magnitude larger than CW (and frankly, bigger than MW as well because I found so many of the maps in that game intolerable, ignoring the intolerable gameplay)

If you're bored of cod, there's nothing new here, and if you're a jetpack-refugee there's extremely nothing here for you being WW2 MW2, but if you just want to shoot dudes, it's quite good (and has glorious, wondrous cross platform rage mics and lobby screaming from 2009)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Thanks for the write-up! With CoD, I usually really get into one of them which makes me pick up the follow-up which I don't like as much (because it wasn't the one I got super in to) then I skip the next three or four. It's about that time and I'm hankering to just shoot a bunch of people online (and nazis in single player). In BLOPS4 I mainly used Hades with the Crossbar upgrade that made me aim walk as fast as a normal movement and I got a ton of fun just using that. The gun customization that changed how the gun felt or how you used it was something I enjoyed about that game. I also liked the ultra-violent GI Joe aspect of it with the different operators and their ultimates.

I put this in my gamefly queue so it won't cost me much to try it out. I was just curious for impressions from people who keep up with these games.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
have they said anything about how queueing for blitz only guarantees exactly one blitz game before youre thrown into a tactical 6v6 on the largest map possible?

also noticed this with the das haus playlist, only worked the first time queueing and after that they stick into whatever they can

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

They have a public Trello but I don't think it's nearly complete in terms of what they're tracking - they do update it though

https://trello.com/b/vROy19qt/vanguard

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The campaign may be the worst one since Ghosts but I do appreciate how they really stick to the modern historical war game thing of having a scene where they go "that's right, we have a squad of BLACK soldiers in our game, isn't that great", hoping that you don't tap them on the shoulder and remind them that it was a plot point in an entire part of Battlefield V...and the last CoD WW2.

Like guys if you want to show off a black company that is awesome, we could just do without a developer insert going "BOY HOWDY ISNT THAT SWELL". Christ you guys are like Disney with their 50 first gay characters

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 12, 2021

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

victrix posted:

They have a public Trello but I don't think it's nearly complete in terms of what they're tracking - they do update it though

https://trello.com/b/vROy19qt/vanguard

Which was a nice surprise.

EVERYONE! YOU CAN TURN SCREEN SHAKE DOWN IN THE OPTIONS DO IT IT ALMOST REMOVES IT

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/Zexafy/status/1458896572092235784

e: bonus:

lmao posted:

Pathetic playstyle, in my day it was embarrassing when you played with shotgun. Today's gen does not enjoy the style of play but just hunt the feeling of succes that is why the CoD manipulative matchm. is so successful and people don't notice they are psychologically ripped off

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
^ That guy's probably playing with a kitted out STG or something lol

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

LGD posted:

it's very good :wink:

game definitely has the MW2 vibe of balance-via-everything-being-busted

This is objectively good

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I would never want to play a CoD game with psychological manipulation

*kills one guy in Modern Warfare 1, screen lights up with symbols and sounds like a pachinko parlor in Las Vegas*

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I must know the attachments on that kit

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
I'm not sure who decided 100 hip fire kills with the Itra Burst AR was a good idea but I would like to find them and ask them "why"

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Yo goons. I thought Modern Warfare was rad but Black Ops Cold War was meh. Is this a good COD for MP. Also MW2 and BO2 were top tier imho

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

Yo goons. I thought Modern Warfare was rad but Black Ops Cold War was meh. Is this a good COD for MP.

This describes me and I am enjoying the mp in this a lot. It's basically a WW2 reskin of MW.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Broshevik posted:

I'm not sure who decided 100 hip fire kills with the Itra Burst AR was a good idea but I would like to find them and ask them "why"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Broshevik posted:

I haven't tried this with the BAR, but in every past COD, the trick with getting kills from the hip on burst rifles was to use all the hipfire accuracy attachments/perks and treat them like shotguns.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

Hulk Krogan posted:

I haven't tried this with the BAR, but in every past COD, the trick with getting kills from the hip on burst rifles was to use all the hipfire accuracy attachments/perks and treat them like shotguns.

That's basically what I ended up doing in the Das Haus playlist but it was still a pain in the god drat rear end. Just glad they changed the point blank kills so I didn't have to do it twice.

Sounds about right, yeah.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

the combat shotgun right now is like somone thought dual 1887s were done dirty in mw2

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Now that I have some attachments and a short range scope the SVT-40 is actually hilarious. Just bam bam bam in doorways and half the time you end up with red hitmarks.

Although this is another game where it shows that whoever decided that having custom OC Do Not Steals for characters rather than a uniform that would allow you to know who is an ally or an enemy at a glance is going to designer hell. Half the time you can run rampant around the backlines because it takes way too long for people to be able to realize that you're not an ally when you're right next to them. Sometimes you have to literally spy check anyone who runs up to you on reflex.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 13, 2021

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

CuddleCryptid posted:

Although this is another game where it shows that whoever decided that having custom OC Do Not Steals for characters rather than a uniform that would allow you to know who is an ally or an enemy at a glance is going to designer hell. Half the time you can run rampant around the backlines because it takes way too long for people to be able to realize that you're not an ally when you're right next to them. Sometimes you have to literally spy check anyone who runs up to you on reflex.

They fixed most of the visibility issues from the beta, but you are right, it still blows up close.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The wallhack perk is ridiculous and means I just spray towards walls and get a shitload of kills I have no business getting.

I also finally levelled my STG to max and the TTK becomes absurdly low once you get the good poo poo. I'm not even using the 8mm bugged ammo.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Now that I have some attachments and a short range scope the SVT-40 is actually hilarious. Just bam bam bam in doorways and half the time you end up with red hitmarks.

I've been having to rely on the red name appearing above people, which is why I end up shooting anyone playing the character with the red beret.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

if I still enjoy a round or two of MW multi most days and and look longingly at the horizon for a sign of MW2... how much of a god drat fool would I be to get this ?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
cod vanguard: this game is modern warfare

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Qmass posted:

if I still enjoy a round or two of MW multi most days and and look longingly at the horizon for a sign of MW2... how much of a god drat fool would I be to get this ?

I loved MW, couldn't get into CW (only played on free weekends), and bought this once I heard it was running on the MW engine and don't regret it at all. It's good.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Qmass posted:

This game is basically MW with a WW2 veneer over the top.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Would there be any interest in starting a Goon clan for this ?

Are clans cross platform ?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CuddleCryptid posted:

ive been using the svt the most so far. its not always ideal but godamn does it feel badass when your aim is on and you can drop 3 smg dudes in a close quarter fight.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

VanillaGorilla posted:

This game is basically MW with a WW2 veneer over the top.

This except it's got the good stuff (gamefeel etc) and gotten rid of at least some of the bad stuff (claymore camping, poo poo maps)

E: want to try other guns out, but going from wallhack 2shot deathlaser STG to unlevelled other gun is ridiculous

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

The blueprints in the battle pass are usable in Warzone, but nobody gave any thought to implementing Vanguard guns into that game, so the blueprint for the STG44 lets you have all 10 attachments (twice the number allowed in Warzone loadouts) if you equip it.