Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Sedisp posted:

The vehicle unlocks are separated by faction.

what

But no-pats don't have factions????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
There was a portal mode that someone made where everyone was operator locked and friendly fire was on called "clone wars" or something like that and I got a good laugh from it

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Breakthrough is wild, just human waves running at each other, we watched a hovercraft ramp off a 500ft cliff lol

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

D-Pad posted:

What the gently caress is this unable to load persistence data error. I got into matches fine this morning and now I can't play even after restarting and turning off crossplay. Anybody have a fix?

No fix, just keep trying. BF comms Twitter account confirmed it is a server-side issue and they are working on it. A few hours ago it was not working at all, for anyone. Now it works intermittently.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

alg posted:

Breakthrough is wild, just human waves running at each other, we watched a hovercraft ramp off a 500ft cliff lol

Try a building. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield2042/comments/qsa52t/future_looks_promising/

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Folded like a bitch when I heard positive things, of course, plus it was discounted, but turns out it runs pretty poorly on my 3070 despite defaulting to Ultra @ 1080p. DLSS makes it run worse somehow and Raytracing is :lmao:. Is there a good settings guide out yet that isn't "Turn everything to potato for max FPS"?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Game is more cpu bound than gpu.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Played all afternoon. The Discarded map runs like hot garbage for me but everything else seems smooth. Lots of persistence errors. Just have to keep queuing until it works. Breakthrough is a real meatgrinder as expected. I'm really loving playing Falk with an ammo box. The heal pistol is surprisingly good at keeping your front line up. I hate the first AR and it's recoil now and just stick to the DMR mostly.

I'm really annoyed they didn't just go with the BF4 method of hold R to pick up kits. I'm still picking up weapons when trying to revive at times. Game is rough but very good.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mega Comrade posted:

Game is more cpu bound than gpu.

A 9600K should be adequate, no?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but hopefully it is because I don't know how the hackermans is supposed to be useful otherwise. You can hack things through walls as long as you manage to keep your cursor close enough to it.

edit: alright this is so buggy and inconsistent it's almost certainly not intended

Phoix fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 13, 2021

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Phoix posted:

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but hopefully it is because I don't know how the hackermans is supposed to be useful otherwise. You can hack things through walls as long as you manage to keep your cursor close enough to it.

edit: alright this is so buggy and inconsistent it's almost certainly not intended

The hacking really comes into its own against vehicles if you have some squad coordination

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

kri kri posted:

Now THIS is some :dice: poo poo

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield2042/comments/qrtg0w/cant_disable_crossplay_on_xbox_yeah_no_thanks/

cant disable crossplay in-game, need to set crossplay off in xbox settings lmao

I set cross play off in the Xbox settings, and the game still put me in a 90% pc server. :dice:

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

DrBox posted:

Played all afternoon. The Discarded map runs like hot garbage for me but everything else seems smooth. Lots of persistence errors. Just have to keep queuing until it works. Breakthrough is a real meatgrinder as expected. I'm really loving playing Falk with an ammo box. The heal pistol is surprisingly good at keeping your front line up. I hate the first AR and it's recoil now and just stick to the DMR mostly.

I'm really annoyed they didn't just go with the BF4 method of hold R to pick up kits. I'm still picking up weapons when trying to revive at times. Game is rough but very good.

Turning off cross play fixed all my persistent data errors. I can only assume whatever servers they’re trying to use for cross play data is extra on fire from launch.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The tornado on breakthrough maps is siiiiick

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I must have the skill of a games journalist cause I'm getting my rear end kicked in Hazard Zone.
Even the "occupying force" is pretty drat difficult.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

I haven’t touched hazard zone yet but I heard it sucks chips

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Is it possible to play this on a GTX 960?

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

i played a round of breakthrough after getting a million server errors trying to connect to all-out-warfare

the AA missile launcher is now my main gadget

every motherfucker on earth is in the air in this game

i used every single one of my AA missiles, and when i could resupply i would use every single one of them again

also P.S. the portal poo poo is real real good. i played several matches of 1942 and it was kickass

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I was just playing and, midmatch with no warning, I got dropped to the main menu.

It was as if the game crashed, but it didn't actually fully crash. I just got dropped on the menu screen.

Anyone else experience this?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://v.redd.it/py9kl3oh48z71/DASH_1080.mp4

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I haven’t touched hazard zone yet but I heard it sucks chips

Just had a match that was just non-stop amazing action, but we killed three enemy teams before extracting. Tried to extract on the first ride out but we missed it by less than a second. It took a few rounds to understand the mechanics but once it clicks it really does. There's no reason to have one player dedicated to locating data drives at all times and the journalists who were reporting that are just bad.

Vehicles are a little OP against actual players until they start purchasing rocket launchers but the AI will blow you up.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

h4x

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

Cyks posted:

Just had a match that was just non-stop amazing action, but we killed three enemy teams before extracting. Tried to extract on the first ride out but we missed it by less than a second. It took a few rounds to understand the mechanics but once it clicks it really does. There's no reason to have one player dedicated to locating data drives at all times and the journalists who were reporting that are just bad.

Vehicles are a little OP against actual players until they start purchasing rocket launchers but the AI will blow you up.

Was this with a squad on comms or with randos and silent, cuz I feel like coordination is key in that game mode, given the ping system isn’t as robust as like an apex/etc

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Was this with a squad on comms or with randos and silent, cuz I feel like coordination is key in that game mode, given the ping system isn’t as robust as like an apex/etc

This was with a random squad as I queued solo. Although yes comms will be very important, and I was very lucky to get a squad that just knew when to push and flank together without having to say it.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Not played HZ myself (and I'm worried it will die quickly without ingame VoIP for random squadding up), but most of the streamers that I watch have been playing today, and apart from annoyance at the AI, they seem to be having fun, and it is entertaining to watch. A few more QoL improvements needed for sure though.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

BabelFish posted:

Turning off cross play fixed all my persistent data errors. I can only assume whatever servers they’re trying to use for cross play data is extra on fire from launch.

There is no consistent fix for it. It just happens and sometimes it doesn't.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Possible to use a joystick in this video game? Feels wrong flying in el alamein without it

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

I feel like someone posted saying no joystick but I could be mistaken

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Few rounds in and it feels like an updated BF4, for better or worse

For me that's great

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I am enjoying the game itself but it's really annoying that they've gotten rid of the server browser. I keep drawing Hourglass, Korea, or Orbital and haven't even played the other maps yet.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I am enjoying the game itself but it's really annoying that they've gotten rid of the server browser. I keep drawing Hourglass, Korea, or Orbital and haven't even played the other maps yet.

Play solo and you can pick whatever map you want, I haven’t seen the ship map yet and it was loving tight to steamroll some bots on breakthrough

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Play solo and you can pick whatever map you want, I haven’t seen the ship map yet and it was loving tight to steamroll some bots on breakthrough

There’s no server browser in AOW

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

After a decade and a half I figured I should give multiplayer shooters a try again. Did I step through a portal to hellworld, or in what dimension is ditching server browsers actually a good thing? So you join games randomly now or what? (It's still downloading.)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

adjust your zeroing

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Combat Pretzel posted:

After a decade and a half I figured I should give multiplayer shooters a try again. Did I step through a portal to hellworld, or in what dimension is ditching server browsers actually a good thing? So you join games randomly now or what? (It's still downloading.)

Unfortunately server browsers dying has been a thing for a while

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

It's all matchmaking, so yes, essentially random. It's actually a legit annoying decision, like I can understand it for a battle royale like COD warzone or whatever, but doing it for a battlefield style game where you have different maps and teams and game modes etc is just frustrating.

The only browser that is in the game is for the portal mode, but that's 99% xp bot farms atm and no actual interesting games, resulting in using the matchmaker (which is fine in portal as there are only 2 maps per 'mode' (1942, bc2, bf3) anyway).

Anybody managed breakthrough on the not hourglass, kaleidoscope, or orbital yet? No matter how many times I requeue I keep getting these maps, wondering if the other maps even have breakthrough on them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Few rounds in and it feels like an updated BF4, for better or worse

For me that's great

:same: bf4 was the best and this is shaping up to be great too

Anybody managed breakthrough on the not hourglass, kaleidoscope, or orbital yet? No matter how many times I requeue I keep getting these maps, wondering if the other maps even have breakthrough on them.

I've had some very fun matches on Breakaway. Running across the ice to cover or running along the bridge to try and get to the oil rig is intense. Or just drive a tank across the bridge.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Wow: server browsers.

You really have been away for decade.

It's all: INSTANT GRATIFICATION buttons now.

---> PLAY! <--- buttons etc.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

Not only do you join games randomly but they kill the lobby after each map!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

kri kri posted:

There’s no server browser in AOW

Solo mode bby