Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling my boyfriend childish for going to the grocery store every single day because he can't predict what food he'll want to eat the next day?

When I (F19) learned that my boyfriend (M36) goes to the grocery store every single day just because he can't predict what he'll like the next day, I called him childish and he got super offended. He told me that he had previously tried to plan food a week in advance but found himself not wanting to eat what he had planned so he stopped.

There are no serious negative consequences of him going to the grocery store every day but I just thought his reasons for doing it were immature. It showed me that he is a very picky eater and that is something I associate with children. He continues to insist that I am supposed to apologize to him since I was rude because having preferences is not childish.

Not wanting to eat what you had planned isn’t being a picky eater because the person would normally have eaten it.

Obviously there are other issues there but it’s really not that big of a deal all in all especially if you are making food for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Hughlander posted:

AITA for evicting him and his 13yo daughter?

Now even the 13 year olds are getting in on give me your house?

Dude wouldn't do the bare minimum to keep his daughter from trying to feast on the hand that fed them. Sucks for them but they clearly have incompatible lifestyles with the OP.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling my boyfriend childish for going to the grocery store every single day because he can't predict what food he'll want to eat the next day?

OP definitely needs to break up with him for that age difference. The guy may need some ADHD meds if he can't plan a meal more than a day in advance. He should also stop dating teenagers.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

Gonna go with boyfriend is the rear end in a top hat and deserves to get dunked on by his girlfriend regardless of whether she's right or not. She's not.

he shouldn’t be dating a 19 year old but what’s wrong with how he shops for groceries

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Honestly nothing but lol at dating someone half your age and having her call you childish.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

sugar free jazz posted:

he shouldn’t be dating a 19 year old but what’s wrong with how he shops for groceries

Did you miss my spoiler or something?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

sugar free jazz posted:

Depends on how far away / out of the way the grocery is.
I live a 2 min walk from the store and before Covid and having a baby, would routinely decide the night of what to make.
I would certainly not do that if it were a 20min drive.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Nebrilos posted:

How do you talk to someone who tunes you out and just asks "are you going to yell at me again?" every time you talk to them?
Through a divorce lawyer.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Yeah, some people enjoy grocery shopping, and could find daily small shopping trips more enjoyable than weekly big shopping trips. Not me, but I can imagine people like that. His explanation is a little odd, but people often come up with odd justifications for their behavior when they are put on the spot.

Also he shouldn't date teenagers.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
You, an idiot: buying fresh meat and crispy veg right before cooking and also goin for a walk

Me, a genius: brining my meats to last a fortnight and making preserves for the village

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When the fixed costs of going to the grocery store are effectively zero you can do it as often as you like

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

Did you miss my spoiler or something?

yeah, why put it in a spoiler

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My household is a shop every day household because we have access to a convenient local grocery stores so we can decide day of what everyone is feeling on the way home. If we didn't have that we usually only shop every 3ish days.

Also because people in it are obsessive about the freshness of ingredients and meats especially seafood. If the fish was last swimming more than 6 hours ago nobody will eat it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I cut my very long hair into a bob to spite my husband

quote:

My husband (m29) and I (f28) have been having alot of fights lately mostly because of his female friend (f29) (they dated when they were 16-17 friends since then) who I think has no boundaries at all. Like last Saturday we were at a party and people thought she was the wife I am shy and reserved and she was all over the place. When I told him later at home that people thought they were married and that I am mad about it he laughed and called me childish.

So on Monday I went to the salon and cut my very long curly hair into a very short bob and did keratin treatment to straighten it purely out of spite. Without telling him.

My husband LOVED my long hair. He would always compliment me on it and its his joy to watch me brush and untangle it every night.

When he saw my new haircut he almost cried. He asked me if i did it to punish him and I said NO. He called me vindictive and childish But I think regardless of why I did it it’s still my body, my choice!

He’s very mad now and hasn’t tried to sleep with me all week. Is he mad because he thinks I should’ve asked for permission to cut my own hair?

Tl;dr my husband is mad I cut my hair short without telling him

Edit:

About the party

She’s very social and pleasant yes and I’m awkward and shy but she was beside him all evening, finishing his sentences, talk about stuff they did together and when people said oh I thought you’re the wife she would laugh and hug and kiss his cheek and say “no we’re just close friends I know him probably even better than his own mother!”. when a girl asked me about our honey moon trip, she interrupted me and started talking about all the trips they’ve had taken together. I was SO mad. But when we went home and I told him he that I cant compete with her because she’s way more pleasant than me and that I didn’t even have the chance to let people know I was the wife he laughed and called me childish.

I do love my new hair I look pretty in it and it’s easier to manage, but I cut it because he loved it and I wanted to hurt him like he hurt me when he laughed and called me childish (I will show you childish kind of reaction)

there's a lot going on here

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I can just feel the crazy eyes on this one.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for accusing my boyfriends mother of trying to poison me?

quote:

So I (f21) have been dating my boyfriend (28m) for 3 years, but have not properly met his family as they live in another state. They came to the city I live in with my boyfriend for November, so I was nervous but excited to finally meet them. They were going to stay in a hotel but we arranged for them to have dinner at our house on their second night here. The whole night was a mess even before the 'incident'.

I arranged a meal catered for their likes e.g. father loves steak with Béarnaise sauce so I spent a couple weeks test running how to make it. Day of, his mother calls as I'm cooking and says they want a simple night in and to just order some take away. Ok whatever, leftovers for tomorrow and prepped meals for the rest of the week.

Also took the day off to deep clean and cook so I didn't get paid. Not that big of a deal just frustrating when I didn't have to do either as they arrived nearly 2 hours late.

His family were definitely more interested in talking to him than me (obviously he's their son) so I felt a little awkward, especially as my boyfriend ignored me the whole time they were here. All I would've wanted was him trying to include me in the conversation. Majority of the interaction we had had up to that stage were asking me where the bathroom is, a drink/refills. When it came time to order dinner, my boyfriend suggested a restaurant we frequent weekly. Its a family run business and I'm friends with the owners daughter, so the following is well known. I have a dairy allergy, not intolerance. If I have dairy I can have strong reactions (swelling of throat/face, vomiting, hives etc). Because of this and other moral/ethical issues, I'm a vegan. While the restaurant has 1 vegan option, another vegetarian meal on the menu that I get is easily made to be vegan. My boyfriend calls and we pass the phone around telling them the order, and I didn't really overthink it.

When the food arrives, I go to the kitchen to serve it in bowls. While doing this I get a long text message from my friend who was extremely upset and angry. I obviously freaked out and instantly rang her. She said an older woman called back to change her meal and also changed mine, requesting it to include dairy. I'm shocked and told her I did not tell her to do that. I went to my boyfriend and asked him if I could talk to him alone, but he brushed me off and asked for another drink. I was panicking at this stage and tried to quietly ask him if his mother changed my dinner order. He repeated my question at normal volume so the whole room heard and his mother jumped in, denying changing my order. I was confused and said that I'm allergic to dairy so I wouldn't be able to eat dinner with them. My boyfriend got angry and said me not eating showed that I didn't trust him or his family, and said he couldn't stand the sight of me after accusing his mother of trying to poison me. I ran out crying. AITA.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Piell posted:

AITA for buying my daughter a better tasting toothpaste?

Mint is a flavor.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Fatkraken posted:

relatively recent post, but does anyone have a link to the story about the screaming gamer girlfriend which featured a line to the effect of "I thought she stayed up all night gaming because she was afraid of the sun" or something? I've been having a bad few months (years) headspace wise and that's one of the few things that has really made me laugh in these dark times, I want to save it forever and treasure it like the gem it is.

anyone?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Was that the League of Legends one?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

The Glumslinger posted:

Was that the League of Legends one?

that sounds about right

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I definitely remember that, had a look for it but nothing yet.

I did find this one though:

AITA for telling my girlfriend that her phobia is ridiculous and she needs treatment? (self.AmItheAsshole)

quote:

My (20) girlfriend (21) has a very severe phobia of cold things. We live in England, so this is an issue for like, half of the year. She refuses to touch anything that might be cold, including the floor with her feet in winter, door handles, walls, cold water, absolutely anything. She has to run a full bath of very hot water before she has a shower to 'make sure the floor isn't cold'. She also will not eat cold food or drink cold drinks at any time of year. This means that she drinks almost entirely tea and coffee (with the occasional hot juice), meaning she's always anxious because of the sheer volume of caffiene she takes in.

It's winter in the UK right now, so her phobia is in full swing. It's getting ridiculous to see her refusing to do literally anything because she might have to touch something cold. On Thursday, she left her slipper boots on the other side of the bedroom (she had socks on, but took them off when she got in bed) so she called in sick to work and stayed in bed all day. When I got back from work, (I work 8-4, she woke up at about 11, so she waited about 5 and a half hours) she was desperate for the toilet, really hungry, and distressed. Why didn't she call someone to help her? Her phone was on the window ledge so it would be cold. I told her that her this situation is "ridiculous", and she needs to "get some therapy" because she can't live like this, and it's really impractical for her to literally not go to work because of this. It's super annoying and I don't know how she intends to get through life like this.

She was extremely upset and told me that I'm an rear end in a top hat for not taking her seriously, she said she realises this is ridiculous but she can't help it. I told her she could help it if she tried to get some help.

Just to add, she is okay going outside in the cold air, but as usual won't touch anything cold.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If it were an actual phobia I highly doubt cold air would get a pass. Either get therapy or move to a desert.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If it were an actual phobia I highly doubt cold air would get a pass. Either get therapy or move to a desert.

I have bad news about desert nights for you.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

You can just drink hot water, you don't need to justify it with caffeine.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

man i get hella cold urticaria, the cold gives me massive hives. and i'm not as crazy as OP about making sure to put on my lil slippers

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im gonna say sever because its only gonna get worse and weirder.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

DreadUnknown posted:

Im gonna say sever because its only gonna get worse and weirder.

I dunno how to tell you this but the world isn't getting colder. Quite the opposite

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Cool, thats totally what I was refering too.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Metis of the Hallways posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend that her phobia is ridiculous and she needs treatment? (self.AmItheAsshole)

Sever, what the gently caress? Imagine putting up with this poo poo for more than thirty seconds.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Sever because this lady is too stupid to use gloves or rugs, or like, keep extra slippers and socks around.
I mean, it sounds annoying as hell to deal with, but I'm just so mad that she's so drat stupid about it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

I have bad news about desert nights for you.
I know about them, you know about them, a dollar says the girlfriend doesn't!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lol that she lives in England

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Serephina posted:

I think it's safe to separate the art from the artist in that case, as the works show no taint of their evils. Know what they did before or after the reading doesn't add any new insights into the work, fortunately. Those two are simmering in a warm place while kids get to read cool stories and not think twice about it.

You mean the books where one of the main characters is the goddess of love, who manifests as a 8 year old girl because she enjoys sitting on people's laps?

gently caress David Eddings.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Learn something horrifying new every day

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I live on top of a grocery store and it's amazing.

8one6 posted:

OP definitely needs to break up with him for that age difference. The guy may need some ADHD meds if he can't plan a meal more than a day in advance. He should also stop dating teenagers.

Her comments are deleted but people are referring to them and apparently he's married with three kids, so potentially this is his way of having an excuse to leave the house.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

On Thursday, she left her slipper boots on the other side of the bedroom (she had socks on, but took them off when she got in bed) so she called in sick to work and stayed in bed all day. When I got back from work, (I work 8-4, she woke up at about 11, so she waited about 5 and a half hours) she was desperate for the toilet, really hungry, and distressed.

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Sever because this lady is too stupid to use gloves or rugs, or like, keep extra slippers and socks around.
She could also have put her socks back on, thrown the warm blanket from the bed on the floor and used that as a walking surface, wrapped her hand in a blanket to pick up her cold phone, grabbed some stuff off the bedside table to use as a hook to pull the boots within arms' reach, or a number of other options.

But her phobia is strong enough that she was apparently willing to starve and hold a piss for hours until her boyfriend got home, so I'll bet her phobia would have invented reasons why none of these are acceptable either.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

This is... How amazing must she be otherwise for OP to put up with this sort of thing long enough to move in together?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can someone ost the story where op had to share a room for a business trip and would only go if everyone promised to not jerk off in the room with him and he couldn’t figure out why that annoyed people

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

Can someone ost the story where op had to share a room for a business trip and would only go if everyone promised to not jerk off in the room with him and he couldn’t figure out why that annoyed people

Lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You know what I don't think anyone brought up about grocery shopping daily?

In Europe, that's very normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I definitely remember that, had a look for it but nothing yet.

I did find this one though:

Tell me you’re dating a reptilian with telling me you’re dating a reptilian.