Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh hey, noted goon *checks notes* “Vhoyd Buhgyr” is a RT fan. That’s neat.

https://twitter.com/voidburger/status/1458925365905301511

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah, I remember her getting called out in one of the rude talks of chatting for some thing she did (positive, obviously) and being like hang on, that name sounds familiar.

Also Ali Fisher is publishing Jamie Loftus' book about hot dogs. Nothing to do with voidburger or SA in general as far as I know, just another weird intersection of people that I like doing things together

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Hot dogs are extremely SA centric right now, so I’ll allow it.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Warbird posted:

Oh hey, noted goon *checks notes* “Vhoyd Buhgyr” is a RT fan. That’s neat.

https://twitter.com/voidburger/status/1458925365905301511

I mean
https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1445210460572225538?s=20

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I don’t Twitter much so that one slipped by me, sick rear end dog though.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Warbird posted:

I don’t Twitter much so that one slipped by me, sick rear end dog though.

It popped up for me as a recommended tweet not too long ago. I actually started listening to Rude Tales because of Voidburger's tweets about the show, so I was pretty glad to see her hanging with the crew.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I heard her name a bunch on Rude Talks and only just learned she was an erstwhile goon a month or so ago

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Totally got in to Rude Tales because of voidburger, too. I'd just finished listening to the first Adventure Zone campaign and was looking for something new

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
If you're relatively new to Voidburger, you need to go read the Silent Hill saga asap because it's internet gold

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

I, Butthole posted:

If you're relatively new to Voidburger, you need to go read the Silent Hill saga asap because it's internet gold

i think this is the most recent voidburger thing i am aware of, where did she cross into the mainstream from dead gay forums

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New rude talks of chatting!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

VERY COOL MAN posted:

i think this is the most recent voidburger thing i am aware of, where did she cross into the mainstream from dead gay forums

In the last few months at least she started freelancing for and then was hired on at Giantbomb.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Finally watching Swanboy and man Jo Firestone as Rona is 5* casting.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode has dropped, and it contains DRAMA

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
And the powerful Godzilla Clair de Lune

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

RandolphCarter posted:

Finally watching Swanboy and man Jo Firestone as Rona is 5* casting.

I don't know her otherwise, but she's perfect for the role

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

The Peccadillo posted:

And the powerful Godzilla Clair de Lune

I feel like I remember them playing clair de lune in an episode where Flipcup wasn't around, and I was very confused.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
The two-headed calf showing up to yell I Lived Bitch loving floored me.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Whoa

https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1466412537705074703?s=21

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

I don't know her otherwise, but she's perfect for the role

She a comedian who hosts Dr Gameshow, a podcast where listeners call in to play games designed by other listeners. It’s family friendly and very stupid in a good way. It’s also the only podcast I know of that’s been canceled twice.

Well deserved.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Lol, I looked it up and it's a photoshop. Here's the original from https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/01/arts/best-podcasts.html:

Good play RToM social media person (probably Taylor, maybe Branson?)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I will never apologize for not clicking links.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

he got me, the son of a bitch

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

We all know it should be there

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Ali and Carly were on this week's 1-900-HOTDOG with Brockway and Seanbaby playing a surreal early eighties text adventure game starring The Incredible Hulk where they explore concepts such as dig hole and ants attack eyes

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode is out and everyone's Friday gets freaked.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
now my argument is that this is the best one of these that's ever been done

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dungeons and Daddies did it better imo. They switched character sheets around, so instead of the players playing their usual characters in different bodies, they just played each other's characters. Really showed what they thought about each other

And speaking of, I posted this in that thread a week ago by accident:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r3c8xm4lDq1s6p69d_720.mp4

Sound on

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

flavor.flv posted:

Dungeons and Daddies did it better imo. They switched character sheets around, so instead of the players playing their usual characters in different bodies, they just played each other's characters. Really showed what they thought about each other

that's what they did in Rude Tales, too :colbert:

flavor.flv posted:

And speaking of, I posted this in that thread a week ago by accident:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r3c8xm4lDq1s6p69d_720.mp4

Sound on

hell yes

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
End of Crossroads did the credits get wonky for anyone else? i was expecting something to happen but then it didn't?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Deathlove posted:

End of Crossroads did the credits get wonky for anyone else? i was expecting something to happen but then it didn't?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was keeping an ear out for switching around the cast members to say "Carly Monardo as Bellow", etc., but maybe they couldn't re-record that and ended up just applying distortion on top.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Deathlove posted:

I think it has to do with some creepy poo poo about the University, Hell, and the demons. The discord said there's a lot of clues in the music cues through the whole series, and I'm not good enough to tease them all out.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Deathlove posted:

Yes, and that was very much intentional. If you'll notice throughout the episode the music is just slightly "off" after the switch.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the voice acting was both funny and apt

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Finally go around to listening to We Get to Have You and the last 15 minutes absolutely floored me. I'm going to have to listen to it again to try and process it

Funniest moment is a close tie between Ali being forced to sing and flipcup absolutely losing his poo poo at the end but I've got a huge weird soft spot for the guy at the start looking at them, looking at the callstones and just declaring "gently caress the police"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

some plague rats posted:

Finally go around to listening to We Get to Have You and the last 15 minutes absolutely floored me. I'm going to have to listen to it again to try and process it

Funniest moment is a close tie between Ali being forced to sing and flipcup absolutely losing his poo poo at the end but I've got a huge weird soft spot for the guy at the start looking at them, looking at the callstones and just declaring "gently caress the police"

Ali being forced to sing is one of those beautiful moments where you can tell that they all came up doing improv together, I love it when they pimp each other outside of their comfort zone like that. I did improv for a while too, and Ali's joking, but also kind of not, "gently caress you" when she realized what was happening felt very familiar

bonus points to branson for refusing to let anyone help her

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ainsley McTree posted:

bonus points to branson for refusing to let anyone help her

Yeah the "YOU STOP" to Carly was the icing on the cake

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
I absolutely loving lost it when Carly as Bello asked someone their name

Also as someone that has absolutely no singing voice and loathes obligatory singing, I really feel for Ali in that moment lol

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ok here’s some exciting news that definitely isn’t fake this time

https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1469005562100604932?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
gently caress yeah