Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
logging's kind of a pain yeah. once you get it 100 you can kill terrawolves and chop them for like 700 logging xp each, this is the quickest way til 175 where you can chop ironwood trees which are like 8000 xp each, and will quickly push you 200

honestly that 50-100 stretch is the worst of it. terrawolves are kinda all over the place in edengrove and reekwater but southeast brightwood has them at a much lower level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

logging's kind of a pain yeah. once you get it 100 you can kill terrawolves and chop them for like 700 logging xp each, this is the quickest way til 175 where you can chop ironwood trees which are like 8000 xp each, and will quickly push you 200

honestly that 50-100 stretch is the worst of it. terrawolves are kinda all over the place in edengrove and reekwater but southeast brightwood has them at a much lower level

+ there's a mob there that drops a pretty sexy dex necklace that you can hit as you rotate for wolves.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

yeah this thing

https://nwdb.info/db/item/amulett4_baalcrystal

it aint bad

edit: that whole area, and fighting angry earth in general, is made much easier by bringing fire or slash dmg

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Gitchu a 2h axe with chain fire and slam a fire gem in that beast and you'll absolutely crush angry earth poo poo.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its insanely cathartic to refine and craft down an entire inventory and storage full of materials

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Proud Christian Mom posted:

its insanely cathartic to refine and craft down an entire inventory and storage full of materials

level 117....level 119!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any Light Staff users want to share their build or point me to one? I am basically 100% solo right now and using Sword + Shield along with LS. I've thought about switching something else in, but eventually I want to be helpful in group PVE and PVP with heals, so keeping LS up is a must. One Void Gauntlet is on live, I think I'll use that as my secondary.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

LuckyCat posted:

Any Light Staff users want to share their build or point me to one? I am basically 100% solo right now and using Sword + Shield along with LS. I've thought about switching something else in, but eventually I want to be helpful in group PVE and PVP with heals, so keeping LS up is a must. One Void Gauntlet is on live, I think I'll use that as my secondary.

I did lifestaff to 20 solo, I used this guide and build. It worked pretty great but I haven't played much since the lifestaff nerfs. Single target heals sucked at the time and ate up allll my mana, aoe heals worked really well. Beacon is awesome and a nice way to weave in healing while also lowering your time to kill stuff as that was my biggest nuke, the flow was charge up a heavy attack and mash beacon right when you let go and then a light attack. Light attacks lowering your healing cd is reallllllly nice. The guide is slightly outdated in language on some spells but w/e. Make sure to look the 2-3 good perks for a light staff user and try and get those on gear from the market, it was usually really easy for me. Fortify on aoe heal was the most important but I'm not sure that is still in game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/q0o8jj/my_support_build_as_a_healer_main/

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 15, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

beacon is big important in a paladin build. then you pick two from sacred ground / orb / a single target heal, depending on how often you plan to heal others vs only needing your heals for yourself. if you're running complete solo rn I'd suggest orb+lights embrace, but the perks on sacred ground are very good too until they get nerfed later this week.

toss orb and beacon at your own feet, or an enemy if they are close enough that you'll be within the AE. then go back to swording until the buffs end.

lifestaff passives, and most weapon passives in general, stop applying when you switch back to your sword, so focus your LS points more on the ability perks which will still benefit you when you swap to sword

when you do make the swap to LS main, beacon is going to be even more king due to how hard sacred ground is getting nerfed. sacred ground will still be used anyway, and while some healers run orb third I've been getting good use out of divine embrace instead

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 15, 2021

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

beacon is big important in a paladin build. then you pick two from sacred ground / orb / a single target heal, depending on how often you plan to heal others vs only needing your heals for yourself. if you're running complete solo rn I'd suggest orb+lights embrace, but the perks on sacred ground are very good too until they get nerfed later this week.

toss orb and beacon at your own feet, or an enemy if they are close enough that you'll be within the AE. then go back to swording until the buffs end.

lifestaff passives, and most weapon passives in general, stop applying when you switch back to your sword, so focus your LS points more on the ability perks which will still benefit you when you swap to sword

I don't think you should ever be purposefully missing beacon, the damage is the most you put out from any attack and every enemy runs straight at you anyway (bringing beacon and its healing to you). Self cast after a roll with your single target heal is a big heal and plenty for yourself if you aren't in your second sacred ground

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My vote on the best Life Staff build is Sacred Ground, Orb of Protection, and Beacon for maximum buffs. I'm sure that build will suck rear end when the Void Gauntlet comes out, though.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

if you can hit the enemy in a way that means you still enter the beacon zone for a moment to get the hot, sure

you do not need to stay in the beacon zone, as long as you touch it once you're good

Nfcknblvbl posted:

My vote on the best Life Staff build is Sacred Ground, Orb of Protection, and Beacon for maximum buffs.

this is the usual build for war, in groups smaller than 50 I like having an ST option

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
For pvp, how do you get the most damage out of fire staff? Spec 100% int and then what? Crit damage perks? Honing stone? Int food? Any other tips/items?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Aaaaand to the OP you go.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

cosmicjim posted:

For pvp, how do you get the most damage out of fire staff? Spec 100% int and then what? Crit damage perks? Honing stone? Int food? Any other tips/items?

Refreshing pillar of fire is an absolute meme in any game mode where you can reliably get 3+ people on a point. Both in outpost rush and wars you can basically machine gun it as long as you have mana and it is incredibly hilarious.

Enchanted on weapons seems to be big - I have a 540 fire staff with enchanted that does more heavy attack damage than a few random 570-580 staffs I’ve tried without it. Check out the faction staff - that’s probably the most reliable source.

I can check later but the gist of my build is deep enough in the right tree to get fully talented burn out, then pillar + fireball talents and anything damage based in the right tree. I’ve messed around with incinerate a bit and it’s damage is really good, but it’s a very slow and telegraphed animation so it’s pretty hard to hit.

Light (medium chest, rest light) will be the most damage, but for any dps build I’d recommend 22.9 medium (heavy head, chest, light legs, medium hands and feet) for the sake of not dying, especially if you’re playing ice gauntlet which is basically a melee weapon

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 15, 2021

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

:discourse:

don't forget to leave some room at the bottom because we all know, it's not gonna end here...

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Amazon should buy up everything on the trading post and delete it so stuff is worth gold again, or some other plan that actually works to reset value in the market.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Wipe the servers completely, start again from scratch.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Amazon should buy up everything on the trading post and delete it so stuff is worth gold again, or some other plan that actually works to reset value in the market.

Put down the excel sheets and go kill a monster sir.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

poemdexter posted:

Put down the excel sheets and go kill a monster sir.

Lol if they arent in your head. I dont do any extra work beyond thinking "it sucks this isnt worth anything" as I drop it

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

One thing I dislike about this game is how quickly monsters respawn. I just got my rear end handed to me because I fought my way into a cave complex, killed the quest guy and his goons, then as I was checking out the loot and allocating skill points they respawned and owned me. I was low on health and should have paid more attention but it's ridiculous imo.

I wish respawn rate was dynamic based on the number of players in the vicinity or something. I feel like they set it to be super high to deal with the initial onrush of players and then didn't bother to scale it back.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Imagine having your owned territory thrown into conflict by bots, but the bots ran so many PvP quests that no legitimate companies can declare.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Vorenus posted:

Imagine having your owned territory thrown into conflict by bots, but the bots ran so many PvP quests that no legitimate companies can declare.

Game is good

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Vorenus posted:

...I wonder why they'd even bot that, for runes I guess?? Not much else of value you can buy with tokens that isn't BoP

Unless the controlling company/faction is botting to stop wardecs which sounds super sad considering defender's huge advantages right now

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Tempora Mutantur posted:

...I wonder why they'd even bot that, for runes I guess?? Not much else of value you can buy with tokens that isn't BoP

grand runes of holding werent selling for poo poo even before the market got turned off

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Vorenus posted:

lol and lamo

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Tempora Mutantur posted:

Refining material converters. Buy a pile of worthless tannin, turn it into flux and sell at 40 times what you paid for it? You know, if we were allowed to buy or sell today I guess.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Vorenus posted:

hard to imagine when declaring is bugged right now and every company can attempt to declare, even ones that dont run quests

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Merrill Grinch posted:

Refining material converters. Buy a pile of worthless tannin, turn it into flux and sell at 40 times what you paid for it? You know, if we were allowed to buy or sell today I guess.

Aren’t these almost always a lovely return? Every time I’ve looked at using them the taxes for the crafting action have been higher than the cost to just buy a bunch of the refining mats.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

causticBeet posted:

Aren’t these almost always a lovely return? Every time I’ve looked at using them the taxes for the crafting action have been higher than the cost to just buy a bunch of the refining mats.

yeah the material converters have an insanely high base tax rate that makes using them a pretty high net loss vs just selling the reagents raw and buying what you need

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Shows how observant I am!

So why are they botting faction missions then?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I’m not sure to be honest - they are probably easy to bot since most of the missions are super static (go stand in area, chop wood, interact with crate that’s always in the same location) and the missions are always the same (unlike the PVE missions that are randomly selected)

They have the obvious downside of being able to be ganked though, which seems like it would nullify any efficiency improvement that are gained from the missions themselves being easy to run. They give garbage gold and rewards if you don’t actually want to craft bags/chests or wear pvp gear (which still owns). I can’t see them being better gold per hour than running a fishing or gathering bot. Maybe the nerfs to starter quest gold are significant enough that it’s easier to just bot faction missions for 20 gold per turn in?

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone is paying the botters to defend their territory, or if the owners of the territory themselves are running them to defend their RMT empire, but that seems kinda high risk and not sustainable. I know if someone was doing this on my sever I would absolutely spend an hour or two ganking bots whenever I was bored.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

causticBeet posted:

I’m not sure to be honest - they are probably easy to bot since most of the missions are super static (go stand in area, chop wood, interact with crate that’s always in the same location) and the missions are always the same (unlike the PVE missions that are randomly selected)

They have the obvious downside of being able to be ganked though, which seems like it would nullify any efficiency improvement that are gained from the missions themselves being easy to run. They give garbage gold and rewards if you don’t actually want to craft bags/chests or wear pvp gear (which still owns). I can’t see them being better gold per hour than running a fishing or gathering bot. Maybe the nerfs to starter quest gold are significant enough that it’s easier to just bot faction missions for 20 gold per turn in?

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone is paying the botters to defend their territory, or if the owners of the territory themselves are running them to defend their RMT empire, but that seems kinda high risk and not sustainable. I know if someone was doing this on my sever I would absolutely spend an hour or two ganking bots whenever I was bored.

If you have enough bots then it might not be so easy to gank them

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Sometimes google amp gives good things.

https://forums.newworld.com/t/wrongly-banned-for-trading/547945

Tears of someone banned.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
There have been a few times on my server where my faction (green) couldnt declare war because it bugged out.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
is trading allowed again yet?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Barreft posted:

is trading allowed again yet?

Yes:

https://forums.newworld.com/t/downtime-enabling-wealth-transfers-worldwide-200-pm-pt-november-16th/551842

Though, caveat is that housing decor is locked right now.

quote:

Players will be able to:

Salvage housing decorations
Put housing decorations in storage by picking up the furniture after its placed
Purchase housing decorations from an existing Trading Post contract

Players will not be able to:

Place buy orders for housing decorations on the trading post
Trade housing decorations with another player
Place housing decorations directly into the storage
Drop housing decorations on the floor
Enter build mode for housing

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
...I just don't understand how people put up with this and keep playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol and lmao