Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Just did the playground games for the season and the patch cannot come soon enough because jesus christ, multiplayer is just so broken across so many spectrums. Contact reads with no cars around, zombies becoming unwinnable and king near-unwinnable because people somehow get outside the map boundary, it's a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Can I not load my own local tunes from the race start menu?

Edit: Yeah, seems like they want me to clog the online marketplace with my subpar tunes just so I can use them from the race menu. Good system.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 15, 2021

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

An easy way to do the daily is to do a drag race rivals. Before the finish hit the rewind button so the lap is dirty. Then just finish the drag race. Worked for me.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

barnold posted:

potentially stupid question: how do you start collecting the treasure? does it only activate after you've done a set amount of seasonal challenges? I've cranked a handful out and not a single one has spawned, nor have I been notified to go out searching for it

It unlocks directly from one of this week's festival challenges.
I forget which one, though.

Probably whichever has 'treasure' in the name.

Mantees
Oct 24, 2008
Hi guys. How do you actually race in real time against other players? Is there any matchmaking?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Stagger_Lee posted:

I don't really know how to drive but I installed Forza Horizon 5 and am having fun. There are so many different kinds of cars in the world! I wish there were a voice option where i didn't have to be English.

the voice acting is loving PITIFUL for the main character. especially the man voice. like, it pisses me off to hear this whiny, spoiled-prick sounding english voice come out of MY avatar. it doesn't sound professional either, sounds like they just had the intern record a few hundred lines. I know they didn't but it sounds like they did and I'm amazed at how bad it is

I think I'm gonna switch to female avater and see if that is less jarring

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Mantees posted:

Hi guys. How do you actually race in real time against other players? Is there any matchmaking?

Go to the Online tab, select Horizon Open and choose your desired event type from there.

Mantees
Oct 24, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Go to the Online tab, select Horizon Open and choose your desired event type from there.

Thank you! Now I can't wait to loose badly against everyone.
I never played a Forza game before and man, those menu are confusing

March of the Pigs
Sep 25, 2005
the pigs have won tonight
I'll be applying to GRCC as MileHighCFI

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Is there some kind of league or anything for online racing? Or is just individual races with no meaningful competitive progression.

Can still be fun without, but I think that would push me to do online racing more often.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

azflyboy posted:

Did I just completely miss the explanation, or does Horizon 5 never tell you that there's a launch control available for anything except the automatic shift option?

launch what now

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Funso Banjo posted:

Is there some kind of league or anything for online racing? Or is just individual races with no meaningful competitive progression.

They removed the ranking system from the previous game to make multiplayer more approachable, perhaps it'll be re-added in a future update.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

launch what now

As far as I can tell, there's a built-in launch control, as long as you aren't using automatic shifting.

From a stop, shift into second, then back to first, and then hold the handbrake button, and apply full throttle.

The revs should hold around 2000-2500, and the car will launch when you release the handbrake.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

azflyboy posted:

As far as I can tell, there's a built-in launch control, as long as you aren't using automatic shifting.

From a stop, shift into second, then back to first, and then hold the handbrake button, and apply full throttle.

The revs should hold around 2000-2500, and the car will launch when you release the handbrake.

That's loving cool if they did this. I'm playing automatic so that probably explains why I haven't seen it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

azflyboy posted:

What the gently caress

I know what I'm trying when I get home tonight.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I always play automatic in games where I don't use a wheel. just never really learned to shift well by using the face buttons

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Play posted:

I always play automatic in games where I don't use a wheel. just never really learned to shift well by using the face buttons

I use shoulder buttons. LB - shift up, RB - shift down.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

I suspect the electric cars are the easiest cars to get the "drive a manual car" accolades in, since I believe they're all (both?) just two gears.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 16, 2021

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

azflyboy posted:

huh, neat

too bad i have no idea how to play stick lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mr. Neutron posted:

That's definitely way better, when I've used it in the past (Supercross games mainly where gearing is so important) it's been the Y and B buttons and I just can't deal with that. I'll have to try it out here although I probably will only use it occasionally still.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Starting to try my hand at liveries

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Man, that must add like 37 horsepower.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Requested to join GRCC, gt beghead

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Requested GRCC, gt Strenots

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007

Endbuster posted:

EDIT: I forgot to ask politely for likes and kudos if you use these. This took hours to make.

Here's a bunch of cars. Some are for seasonals, stunts, etc as well.

All cars have/had a top time somewhere, most likely Bola Circuit Dirt or Ocho Road.

All cars can hang with unbeatable AI ( except drag racing )

I suck at formatting on SA so search Endbuster if lazy.
===========================
Hangin' out in End's Garage
===========================

||||[ ROAD ]||||

**S2 998
~Ferrari F50GT / 173 943 246 / *9.1 Speed 10 Handling, All around good RWD car, Better Handling than below
~Ferrari F40 Competizone / 710 758 528 / *10-Speed/Handling, 1000+bhp, 260mph, RWD, Get in front and stay there.

**S1 900
~ Ferrari 812 SuperFast / 420 359 700 / *Blaze it. 8.9 Handling, 9.4!!! Braking ,200+mph ez , This is a RWD cheater car. Run them down.
~ TVR Sagaris / 122 429 665 / *Fun as poo poo to drift with and drive 1215hp not bad in a race. Tetris interior.
~ Nissan GT-R (R35) 2017 / 703 944 665 / *Babby car. Goo goo gaga. Youre AWD, just send it. 10 gears for babby automatic users. Its also fun as poo poo manual.

A800
~ Ferrari F50 1995 / 158 147 590 / *Boneshaker can suck it, use this instead. Insane. Seriously. Drive it.
~ Mercedes AWD Hot Hatch / 181 942 505 / *Its for Seasonals. Have fun!
~ Mercedes SLK 55 AMG / 150 279 981 / *Unholy swap for Seasonal Modern Sports Car

B700
~ Pontiac GTO 1965 / 129 045 538 / *Good For them Muscle Car Challenges
~ Cobra Daytona Coupe *I'm still working on it. Its a hard car to get set in the turns. Still wins in Lobbies cause its top speed.

||||[ OFF-ROAD (stunts lol) ]||||

**S2 998
~coming soon But yeah its the Hoonigan RS200. Its slim pickings for this class tbh. Maybe can get a TrailCat here.

**S1 900
~ Audi Sport Quattro 1983 / 482 570 277 / *Group B Rally Car, can hang with Ford Racing Puma if you keep your foot in it and ride brakes.

**A800
~ Buick GSX "The Boat" / 736 154 551 / *My Lobby car. Runs a 1:07:xxx on Bola but has more in it if I could drive it right.
~ FE Mercedes Tankpool Truck / 902 679 036 / *This will do most everything with comfort. Tunes avail with/without rear wing
~ Mercedes SLK 55 AMG / 150 279 981 / *Unholy swap for Seasonal Modern Sports Car

**B600
~ GMC JIMMY / 139 694 444 / *Just drive this poo poo. Its hilarious. Will update Code when I re-tune with Diesel motor.

Thanks for this! Some of these have been really useful (ie, the ones where I have the cars). Followed, liked, etc. Would it be possible for you to explain some of the changes you made for one of these tunes? I like that the cars work better with downloaded tunes, but I wish I could see the variables that have been changed so I could understand more.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Endbuster posted:

Your turn again. Got you by 00.256. my lap was pretty lovely I think there is even more time in the Jimmy with engine swaps. I might go to the 6.2L instead of the diesel I swapped in. Its quite heavy... and I dont feel like tuning around it when I can just try another powerplant. Diesel probably plays nice with automatic tho...

if you want a sharecode with the diesel motor for you own use just lemme know.

what course is this? I wanna try

Qtamo posted:

Whatever you like driving, just don't tune everything to be top of class or above, and for the love of god don't make everything AWD. For some reason I did it in FH4, and especially in the S classes it made everything drive almost exactly the same, and I assume it hasn't changed much in FH5.

I've basically decided not to do any conversions, but AWD seems necessary for Rivals races that aren't lap based because you just can't get a good enough start.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 16, 2021

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

honk! that's me, a car

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

SterlingSylver posted:

Thanks for this! Some of these have been really useful (ie, the ones where I have the cars). Followed, liked, etc. Would it be possible for you to explain some of the changes you made for one of these tunes? I like that the cars work better with downloaded tunes, but I wish I could see the variables that have been changed so I could understand more.

No problemo. Honestly with tuning in a game this arcadey there is a lot of trial and error. I watch streams and pull info from those, I also keep up with YouTube for what is working and what isn’t so I can find directions to go in too. There’s certain things that work in this game that don’t quite work as well IRL. Like Toe In on the rear cleans up a lot of straight line swerving coming out of corners. It’s the secret sauce in a lot of high HP builds. Okay

If there’s a car you’re interested in I can try to go through my process but each class of vehicle is sorta different for what a “baseline” is. I start my light weight track toys in a different place than off road A class muscle body poo poo. I would do “open source tuning” and post all the sliders so people can see trends for the setups and try their own things but that is extremely time consuming. I bring it up cause if you search around you might find someone’s spreadsheets of tuning values. The Forza Forums proper were a good place to look when I was doing that.

AndrewP posted:

what course is this? I wanna try

I've basically decided not to do any conversions, but AWD seems necessary for Rivals races that aren't lap based because you just can't get a good enough start.

It’s B Class on the first track in the row of tracks. River Rush or something.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Missing one road. FML

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Missing one road. FML

It's that one. You know the one I'm talking about? Ya gotta remember that one.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Just did the playground games for the season and the patch cannot come soon enough because jesus christ, multiplayer is just so broken across so many spectrums. Contact reads with no cars around, zombies becoming unwinnable and king near-unwinnable because people somehow get outside the map boundary, it's a mess.

I tried it and our team won (because a guy got outside the map during zombies) but when the last game ended my car fell off a ramp and landed upside down and it never loaded the win screen. Until I quit, then it loaded according to my friend I was playing with. Of course I didn't get credit. Decided that was enough forza for one night.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Just a friendly reminder that you don't actually have to even win the Playground Games to get the seasonal reward! Just kill time and throw every round if possible, you get the prize just for participating :allears:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

T1g4h posted:

Just a friendly reminder that you don't actually have to even win the Playground Games to get the seasonal reward! Just kill time and throw every round if possible, you get the prize just for participating :allears:

Wait, really?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

Wait, really?

Yup! If you get lucky and tank the first three rounds, it ends it there and you get your reward. 90% of the time I'm in seasonal Playground, I just drive around and see how much stuff I can ramp off of :v:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That makes it a lot easier. I think you had to win it in the last game so I never played it.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

azflyboy posted:

This would be way more useful if races didn't transition from the menu to ¡GO! in under half a second while hiding the UI from you at launch.

That was... not a great design choice. I mean would it have killed them to make starts count down from three and not literally hide the rev meter from players at the start of the race?

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Wiltsghost posted:

That makes it a lot easier. I think you had to win it in the last game so I never played it.

They changed it at some point during FH4's lifespan, since everyone hated it, rightly so.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

It's pretty weird that the silly fun arcade event is so difficult and punishing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zokari posted:

It's pretty weird that the silly fun arcade event is so difficult and punishing.

I've done something like two dozen of them now, and never seen a single one finish. I feel like whatever minor amount of interest that ever existed for them has completely evaporated at this point. The last several I've tried didn't have anyone participating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Missing one road. FML

My tip for this is go drive along the track that starts in the beach on the Far East side of the map and loops back onto the road. Even if it looks like it’s solidly filled in. That’s where my last bit was. I think it has to do with the lunar parade event thing being on that road, it swaps you out into another vehicle and I think you miss the tiniest patch of the road.

Other than that there are several tiny offshoots, little parking areas and driveways all across the map which count as a road, turn off all the map icons and check for those.