Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Forza Motorsport 7 is racing video game developed by Turn 10 Studios and published by Microsoft Studios.
The game launched on Windows and Xbox One on October 3, 2017.

Forza 7 features 700 cars and more than 200 different configurations to race on across 32 tracks BUT NO ONE CARES ABOUT ANY OF THAT poo poo, BECAUSE MAPLE MOTHER loving VALLEY IS BACK, BABY! :woop: :woop:

It's loving beautiful!

TRACKS

In addition to the glorious return of Maple Valley, Mugello and Suzuka are coming back too, and there's a new fictional track called Dubai Circuit.

Here's the full track list:

Brands Hatch
Circuit of the Americas
Daytona International Speedway
Dubai Circuit
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Maple Valley Raceway
Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello
Nürburgring
Rio de Janeiro
Sebring International Raceway
Silverstone Racing Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Suzuka Circuit
Virginia International Raceway
Yas Marina Circuit
Bernese Alps
Mount Panorama Circuit
Circuit de Catalunya
Hockenheim-Ring
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Sonoma Raceway
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
Lime Rock
Long Beach
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Test Track Airfield
Prague
Road America
Road Atlanta
Top Gear
Watkins Glen

(as per: https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/18/fm7-track-list-revealed/)

CARS

There's no production Toyotas, because reasons. It seems as if Toyota has not licenced its production cars in any games right now.

Here's a link to the list of cars:

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_forza_garage_week_7

Some of the cars you can't buy, but more on that later!

WEATHER

The game has dynamic time of day and weather. Races that take place at dawn or dusk will have the sky changing as the race goes on, and tracks that have weather, will have changing track conditions. It seems to work really well and I like it. It's pretty drat cool how you can start a race with haze, that switches to fog, and then starts raining.
Here's a random youtube video with wet racing on Suzuka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9plsMqTlh8E&t=21s

Here's some info for the PC Master Race:

Support for a Broad Range of PC Setups; Forza Motorsport 7 was designed to run smoothly across a wide range of Windows 10 PCs and performance settings. Not only have we lowered our minimum specifications to i5-750, we've also reduced our recommended specifications while still having the game run at a rock solid 60 frames per second. Even gamers with a Surface Book 4 or other budget-friendly gaming PC can play the game.

PC specs, chart courtesy of geeves

This link has that table, and a list of officially supported PC peripherals: https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_gamescom

VIP, LOOTCRATES and CONTROVERSY

In past Forza games with a VIP add-on available, VIP's would get double credits at the conclusion of every race. This time, VIP's got 5 mods for double credits, good for 5 uses each. (all mods are limited use) Turn 10 says they are working on a patch for double credits for VIP's.

To make maters worse, there are some cars you can't simply buy from the dealer. (image courtesy Eyud)

It looks like 100 to 150 cars are obtained either through career progress, limited time Specialty Dealer or Forzathon events, or through loot crates. Here's more info from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/73qsss/workinprogress_list_of_all_exclusive_cars_in_fm7/

Some people are not happy. I can't say I blame them. There's a thought that, if I have accrued the appropriate amount of in game currency, I should be able to buy any car. Loot crates are expensive, and you probably get poo poo mods and driver gear, instead of that cool car you really want.

Play with Goons
Add yourself to the spreadsheet, and add goons to your friends list to race / drive / crash through online lobbies or battle rival times

GTCC
Weekly goon races. Wednesdays at 9:30pm 9:00pm - Eastern Time.

Weekly specs in the thread, and maybe quoted below:

PeppysDilz posted:

:siren: March 7 2018 9:00PM EST: SCCA Solo Spec Coupe Class - Torque Monsters :siren:

Cars:
Subaru BRZ
sport compound (stock width)
-30lb wheels
sport sway bars
sport suspension
sport brakes
street weight
street intake
sport exhaust
sport diff
PI should end at C 461

Tracks:
Limerock 10 laps
Maple Valley 7 laps
Catalunya School 10 laps

MAPLE VALLEY!

WienerDog fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
All that matters is that Maple Valley is back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm excited for weather and I hope there is no 'weather off' button there probably will be

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Hi yes this game will be good and I am looking forward to playing it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

this and also suzuka

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Fine work making the new thread. Looking forward to crashing into you jerks in a few weeks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope we get the demo soon. :unsmith: I am going to be at PAX this weekend, hoping Forza 7 will be there and can be played.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_7
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_6
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_5
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_4
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_3
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_2
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Forza_Garage_Week_1

Manteo Max also keeps a spreadsheet up-to-date as well as Calendar with Forza related events.

http://kudosprime.com also has a sortable list of cars (Forza 7 not yet included)

Here are some other things from what I was writing up for the OP:

quote:

PC and Full Xbox Support. Forza 7 will run on Xbox One and will be available in 4K on PC and Xbox One X - due out in November 2017. Will it run on your PC?

PC will support multiple monitors but no official word on VR as of yet. Xbox Play Anywhere and cross-play functionality is available as well so PC players will be in lobbies with console players and all leaderboard times will be shared. T10 is also courting iRacing, rFactor2 and Assetto Corsa players with this release as well.

Night and Day and Dynamic Weather have recently been a part of the Forza Horizon series, so it’s natural that they are part of the Motorsport series as well. Motorsport has had full wet conditions on a number of tracks already, but it’s always been the same: the rain and puddles in the same location, nothing changes. T10’s goal is that each dynamic weather race will be completely unique in its experience. How this affects leaderboards, we don’t know yet.

More customizable Drivers. You can now do more than just select if your driver is male or female. Now you can dress up your driver in custom race gear. This includes potentially but does not limit it to, tuxedo race suits. If Forza wants to go all GTA in having fun with its driver designs. This might bring some changes to after race screens, showing podiums with the top three players’ driver (mentioned in one of the many E3 videos, not yet confirmed).

The Auction House makes its return to Motorsport as well.

Crates. What are crates? No clue, another delivery system for Wheel Spins or something else - they can be purchased with in-game credits for “rare” items.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for taking this thread on and putting real effort into it.

For me, I've been chatting with GutBomb about it as I was considering building a PC for 7. After talking to GB, I have decided this is my plan (it's VERY Fausty):

Gonna pre-order 7, whatever the most expensive digital edition is with all the passes and DLC stuff.

Gonna play it on my XboneS until the XBonx comes out and then, yes, I intend to source and buy an XBonx so I can hook it up to my 4K Sony TV (which supports HDR as well). Do I want to throw another $500+ at another Xbox? gently caress no. But will I do it?
Of course I will. If it means I can play FM7 in 4K + HDR then I think you folks already know I'm already planning for it.

Maybe I'll finally put Ether Frenzy's great Thrustmaster TX wheel to use but, lazy me, I'll probably just keep using controllers now that the feedback is so good.

Amazon has trade-in $ for my Battlefield XBoneS but I'll probably opt to keep it as a backup since it's currently my only way to watch my few 4K BluRays, so if (when) MS screws me with an XBonx that fails just outside of warranty I can still watch my 4K BluRays while I fume over MS refusing to fix my XBonx because it's 1 day out of warranty like they did with my original XBone that I bought to early adopt FM5.

The loss of Toyota, that hurts, guys. It hurts a lot. The stock Supras were my go-to starter cars going back to GT, except when I picked a Miata instead. I'm gonna be very saddened unless they can work out a deal with Toyota.

I've been playing league races the last few nights just to get my little bit of groove back. Got stuck playing 'Ring full in C class and loved (most of) it. Yeah, I still love FM and I can't wait to see FM7 in 4K with Maple Valley and all the other cool stuff. I hope they got the penalty system at least close to good (but as an FM5 early adopter I am used to waiting for improvements to come.) I use Bumper-cam and am just reminded that the arrows around my car help me give room to other thoughtful racers on the track.

My experience with FM6 leagues this week has shown the racers are NOT wreckers and they don't retaliate to a little accidental rubbing. I think they are hard-core racing fans. It's been honestly fun as hell, even with collisions on.

So I have high hopes for FM7 and if there's even a chance I can join you guys for races later this year I hope you'll have me. Work is going to be bad for weeknights (Tues-Sat) but folks with late Saturday, all-day Sunday and Monday availability I can't wait to race.

I hope the Howdy Tears vinyl will be available soon (I can't recreate it myself, so I'll be on pins-and-needles.)

I'm looking forward to this release so much more than FH3 and I love FH3.

Thanks, Molgandhi, for the great first post. Are you planning to adopt right away or will we have to wait for ya?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I'm still playing through FH3 and came across this article today: http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/would-you-pay--2m-for-this-barn-find--65037.html

quote:

A Ferrari that has spent the past 40 years gathering dust and grime in a barn could sell for more than $2 million at an auction next week.

The 1969 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 ‘Daytona’ is the only road-going example of the classic GT car built with a racing specification alloy body. The car was recently found in a barn in Japan, where it has sat untouched for four decades.

Somebody call Warren.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I haven't even come close to finishing up FH3 yet but now I'm feeling the itch for this now that the series is on PC.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I'm looking forward to this, and I'm super stoked Maple Valley is back. I won't be able to play until around Christmas, cause I'm out of the country. But that's ok because I'm out of the country. Heh. I'll look forward to seeing the goon racing videos though.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Dr. Faustus posted:

Thanks, Molgandhi, for the great first post. Are you planning to adopt right away or will we have to wait for ya?

I will be online for early access!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

WienerDog posted:

I will be online for early access!
poo poo yeah! Maybe if I can work my skill level up we can battle like we used to before you got really fast. :(

Also: Ma(burp)ple loving Valleeeee, Morty!!

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

This is still the best news

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Dr. Faustus posted:

poo poo yeah! Maybe if I can work my skill level up we can battle like we used to before you got really fast. :(

Also: Ma(burp)ple loving Valleeeee, Morty!!
Maple Valley time. All day long, forever. All a hundred days. Maple Valley forever 100 times. Over and over, maplevalleyadventures.com. All 100 years. Every minute, maplevalley.com.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It's a shame that T10 moved away from making pretend racetracks to make terrible pretend street circuits that mainly look good in commercials but end up being generally unfun. The last good track they made was Bernese in 4 imo.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

track day bro! posted:

It's a shame that T10 moved away from making pretend racetracks to make terrible pretend street circuits that mainly look good in commercials but end up being generally unfun. The last good track they made was Bernese in 4 imo.
A minutes silence for Alpine Ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6-cfNTZGqY

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I never had the original XBOX because it was too hueg, but that track looks like a ripoff version of grand valley speedway from gt with a few corners changed. Which is a good idea because grand valley owns.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Three things:

1. Forza 4 is the only Forza Motorsport game I've played (and I completely fell in love with it, btw).

2. The Bernese Alps course rules and I just found out it's in Forza 7.

3. I am happy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Forza 5 is currently free in games with gold. Also, is there a track for Forza 7 like Prague and Rio were? Or do Maple Valley and Weeekend at Bernese count as the new track?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

track day bro! posted:

I never had the original XBOX because it was too hueg, but that track looks like a ripoff version of grand valley speedway from gt with a few corners changed. Which is a good idea because grand valley owns.
Yeah, from the getgo I was like "Is this Grand Valley...?" when barreling down the main straight towards the slight uphill into a tight right.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I think Dubai circuit is this games signature fantasy track no? Also I distinctly remember Alpine Raceway being more of a Bathurst facimile?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

General Probe posted:

I think Dubai circuit is this games signature fantasy track no? Also I distinctly remember Alpine Raceway being more of a Bathurst facimile?
Nah that was Blue Mountain raceway.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Wow, yeah you're right. I guess that track didn't make much of an impression on me back then. I feel like I can remember all the other made up tracks clear as day. Also FM1 still looks pretty good imo.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

General Probe posted:

Wow, yeah you're right. I guess that track didn't make much of an impression on me back then. I feel like I can remember all the other made up tracks clear as day. Also FM1 still looks pretty good imo.
Yeah I know. 12 years on and it still looks decent enough.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Forza 5 is currently free in games with gold. Also, is there a track for Forza 7 like Prague and Rio were? Or do Maple Valley and Weeekend at Bernese count as the new track?

General Probe posted:

Yes, it's Dubai and it's based on the actual Hafeet Mountain road outside of the city.

I like Bernaise Sauce and Prague. I would take those over a Tilkedrome anyday. I wish Bernese had a technical bustop-like area.

I only dislike Rio for it being a bumpfest and insane perpendicular barriers that exist for Greenwalt's erection.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I wish it kept track cumulative of your laps around each circuit since Forza 2

For me it'd be like
Nordschleife: 4,203
Fujimi Kaido: 1,278
Ralli di Positano: 903
Maple Valley: 433
El Camino Grande or whatever it was called: 430
Laguna Seca: 337
Spa: 337
Road Atlanta: 323
Sunset Daytona Infield whatever: 300
Mugello: 170
Sebring: 159
Suzuka: 145
Tsukuba: 144
Bernie's: 135
Le Sarthe: 100
.. (the tracks that are not listed already)
Prague: 20
Rio: 15

COTA: 3

Indianapolis Infield: -37,000,237

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

RIP Rally di Positano

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Prague could've been good if not for all the sections where it narrows to like one car width, also the odd large 180 degree corners where it's very difficult to make out your apex. Rio seemed more of the same apart from somehow it goes on for even longer.

If you wanna do a city track make sure it's wide as gently caress like New york was so people have got room to barrel in 3 wide and mostly come out unscathed.

Same goes for positano and fujimi, I never had a race that involved more than 2 cars on those tracks that wasn't a destruction derby. Very few people ever learned those tracks layouts so you'd always get somebody who didn't realise a tight hairpin was coming up and they'd just barrel straight into you. Although I used to hotlap both when messing around with cars.

I'd love to see camino viejo extreme come back, all of the different layouts were pretty drat good. They dissapeared in 5 right?

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 1, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

prague is worth it just for that one awesome banked turn on that hill. rio is...not great, it's my least favorite original forza track of those still in the game, but i'll still take it over cota and loving loving yas marina. and yeah camino needs to be the next thing to come back, i really liked it and the associated tracks (iberian was really fuckin good, ladera was less good but still fun enough).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

track day bro! posted:

I'd love to see camino viejo extreme come back, all of the different layouts were pretty drat good. They dissapeared in 5 right?

The crazy tracks disappeared in 4. Rally di Positano disappeared which sucked because it was pretty cool.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Speaking of Forza 1 and Rio, I miss Rio from Forza 1

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Every PC manufacturer at PAX West is using Forza 7 to show off their computers.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Counterpoint: Prague is really fun and cool for leaderboard hotlapping. Yeah, there are narrow bits but when you GO FAST and you get through them just right, it's really fun. And it's tough to learn the 180's and some of the other corners, but once you get them down it's EZ.

I also liked the Rio tracks (the longer ones) for hotlapping. It's a really pretty track.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I love all versions of Prague. Fun note is racing over the bridge with surround sound up... the statues on the bridge whizz by and it sounds cool as hell, and the narrow bit, as mentioned, is amazing when you nail it just right. It's also just got a very interesting and cool visual design.

I'd race Yaz all week before I'd waste another lap on CoTA, gently caress I thought I haated Yaz but CoTA is just the worst. There's no flow to it. Does anyone like it? What's good about it? At least Yaz North Corkscrew is pretty cool.

Looking forward to seeing Dubai but mostly, you know, MAPLE RIIIIICK!

Falken posted:

Maple Valley time. All day long, forever. All a hundred days. Maple Valley forever 100 times. Over and over, maplevalleyadventures.com. All 100 years. Every minute, maplevalley.com.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I for one want the weather to be so extreme that it takes 4 hours to conclude an hour long session.

(Look up todays F1 Qualifying at Monza :v:)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got to play Forza 7 today in 4K with HDR on an Xbox One X. It was glorious as gently caress. The dynamic weather is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
<crashing into the guy taking the correct, under-control line through the corner>
'What the gently caress is wrong with this guy???????'

- Forza players & Max Verstappen