Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Literally A Person posted:

Confusing this for my toothpaste was a surprisingly delicious mistake.

Tomato paste does not taste good on it's own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Chicken noodle soup

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Caesar salad

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Beans and rice.

But we put tomato and peppers in the beans.

And a gross rear end bay leaf.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got another one of those preassembled meal things from Festival. This one was like an herb chicken and pasta/vegetable salad thing. I'll take a pic when it's done cooking.

edit:

It didn't look seasoned enough so I threw on some lemon pepper seasoning and a ton of dill. It was actually really good.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 12, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Same meal type thing but chicken cordon with baby potatoes. Well not yet but it'll go in the oven in maybe an hour. I'm not hungry but I know I should eat.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
God I made chili again. Pray for my family.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Beans?????

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

Beans?????

The pinto-iest.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Good for you. I’ve been shamed out of this thread but you keep preaching those beans

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nap Ghost

nexous posted:

Good for you. I’ve been shamed out of this thread but you keep preaching those beans

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I'll pray they are happy because chili is great and you can never make too much.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nexous posted:

:justpost:

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
for years now when i'm fuckin burnt I've made buttered noodles with black pepper and shaky cheese, or grated parm if I have it around. I found out that it's trendy now and called "caico e pepe" and restaurants are charging 18 dollars for a plate of my "im ready to keel over and die" meal.

but yea, i had a long fuckin day and made 'caico e pepe' for myself, my wife, and my sister in law tonight.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

"caico e pepe"

This couldn't sound more like a meme if it tried

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I made some con carne for my parents the other day and I put a couple of birdseye chillies in it, which is what I'd normally use, and for some reason they just disappeared. No trace at all. The chunks of chilli were still there, obviously but no flavour or heat. My parents had some chilli-infused oil in their fridge so I added some of that and it vanished as well. No impact at all on the end result.

But yeah, I put kidney, pinto and black beans in it and (aside from the bizarre disappearance of all trace of chilli) it was very nice. We ate it with rice and corn chips.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You created a chili black hole. Who knows where the heat from those chilis ended up. We'll send out a rescue craft like in Event Horizon if it ever shows up.

Stop playing god. This was never intended by our laws of nature.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Didn't take a pic last night, but I had chicken with pan fried asparagus and roasted garlic potatoes.

I only just learned about a month ago that if you put salt into the oil, the asparagus come out perfectly salted.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Tonight I'm gonna have a marinated steak (Lawry's Steak and Chop) and a bag of the frozen steamable veggies.

I bought a sirloin tip (loving $8 a pound, that's bullshit. Ribeye was $18 a lb) because I like taking lean/"cheap" cuts and trying to make them good. I started marinating one half in the Lawry's that I'm having tonight that I'm going to cook on the grill and I made a homemade marinade for the other half that I'm going to try cooking in a cast iron pan. That marinade is olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, worchestershire, lemon juice, and a ton of garlic and black pepper. I don't think I've ever used balsamic vinegar for marinating steak before. I usually use apple cider vinegar and mostly just for the acid to break it down.

:discourse:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Tonight I'm gonna have a marinated steak (Lawry's Steak and Chop) and a bag of the frozen steamable veggies.

I bought a sirloin tip (loving $8 a pound, that's bullshit. Ribeye was $18 a lb) because I like taking lean/"cheap" cuts and trying to make them good. I started marinating one half in the Lawry's that I'm having tonight that I'm going to cook on the grill and I made a homemade marinade for the other half that I'm going to try cooking in a cast iron pan. That marinade is olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, worchestershire, lemon juice, and a ton of garlic and black pepper. I don't think I've ever used balsamic vinegar for marinating steak before. I usually use apple cider vinegar and mostly just for the acid to break it down.

Sirloin tips are good as hell and they’re real forgiving if you over do em a little. In fact, I prefer them a little more medium than most other cuts. When they’re rare or medium rare I find them a bit too chewy.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

That’s the marinade that moved my wife from barely willing to eat steak to occasionally asking for it. Tho ours has Dijon in it but close enough

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nexous posted:

That’s the marinade that moved my wife from barely willing to eat steak to occasionally asking for it. Tho ours has Dijon in it but close enough

The Lawry's or the homemade one?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

The Lawry's or the homemade one?

Homemade with balsamic.

Edit: this one

slightly different would recommend the Dijon if you ever try it again

nexous fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 14, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Banh xeo

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 14, 2021

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Would eat the pancake.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nexous posted:

Homemade with balsamic.

Oooooo mustard would have been great.

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Sirloin tips are good as hell and they’re real forgiving if you over do em a little. In fact, I prefer them a little more medium than most other cuts. When they’re rare or medium rare I find them a bit too chewy.

You're right about the medium. The thinnest parts were better than the thicker parts that were perfectly medium rare. I'll know that for tomorrow now.

Anyway, here it is.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nap Ghost

Oooooo mustard would have been great.

You're right about the medium. The thinnest parts were better than the thicker parts that were perfectly medium rare. I'll know that for tomorrow now.

Anyway, here it is.

I do like that your steak looks like a mirror world America.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Looks like South America with part of Brazil in the ocean.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I had some leftover tomato sauce and some frozen chicken thighs, so I got some mushrooms and a pepper and made a kind of cacciatore.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nexous posted:

Homemade with balsamic.

I'm a moron. I'm eating that one tomorrow so it still has a ton of time to marinate. I added Dusseldorf mustard since I don't have dijon.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm having the other half of that steak now. It's been in my marinade for 2 days.

:getin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat this might be the best marinade I've made yet.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sushi. Salmon skin roll, ikura nagiri, and a baked roll called "Awesome Dave".

The wasabi is good today.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Still eating off that bigass batch I made of beans and rice. I tossed a few sprinkles of nutritional yeast on top just to pzazz it up a little.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Chips and salsa

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Thai basil chicken but instead of Thai basil I used holy basil. Reckless, I know

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have meat lovers Stouffer's lasagna in the oven right now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pork chops and zucchini + mushrooms

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Stir fried veg ( bb bok choy, green onions, and mushrooms) in a savory sauce of water, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic chili sauce over simple white rice. Dang delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

It was a very pleasant, sunny day so I went for a bike ride, bought some kopikos and then came home and ordered a pizza and drank beer.