Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Ok what the hell happened night 1 that I'm missing that people are talking about busdrivers and scenarios with merk and sand?

Yami, for what its worth, I read your case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Voodoofly posted:

Ok what the hell happened night 1 that I'm missing that people are talking about busdrivers and scenarios with merk and sand?

I gave u the big post aboot it.

I quoted at u...

Com oooon.

I announced d1 that I would use my ultra pro town action to clear Merk n1 after he volunteered.

N1 I target Merk, and hit Sandwolf with a masonry power.

That is the crux of the discussion.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I quoted at u...

Com oooon.

I announced d1 that I would use my ultra pro town action to clear Merk n1 after he volunteered.

No, I saw your big post I just had no idea what the hell it was talking about. But I read over it again. So you recruit town to a masonry and kill scum, said you would go after merk but ended up with sand somehow?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I quoted at u...

Com oooon.

also I thought your post about yami was good too, and was surprised yami had no votes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

Okay how can anyone think Bif yelling caveman at merk is town behaviour.

Are you kidding me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Hi what's up. I got another shot so I was feeling ill last night.

I have an incredibly pro-town power and I need volunteers to make it work. If you volunteer and you're scum you will surely die tonight.

Toalpaz posted:

Tried to masonry Merk and hit Sandwolf.

Voodoofly posted:

No, I saw your big post I just had no idea what the hell it was talking about. But I read over it again. So you recruit town to a masonry and kill scum, said you would go after merk but ended up with sand somehow?

No I just recruit players. That stuff about town/scum dying is just a d1 content game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Are you kidding me

No? I’m deadly serious.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Toal targeted merk and hit me. No town bus driver has claimed. Toal did their thing D1 to draw a person, and it looks like scum bus drove their teammate and a townie to try to dodge whatever they thought Toal’s ability was.

Merk’s content today has not been great, they decide to lean heavily on a Meen read? Which just feels trumped up from very little and merely a safe place to put a vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

B-1 would u vote Merk if u knew for sure I was town?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Because my masonry flavour, which Sandwolf has access to, does confirm me as town too xD. IE I am not a hunter and am a ghoul.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmao didn’t even notice but yes I have confirmation that Toal is a ghoul of sorts, some may say the best ghoul

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Too ghoul for school.

Sandwolf do you agree this confirms toal?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I mean, flavor is never a good idea to confirm anyone, but if scum end up flipping as non-ghouls, you can add 5% to my 90% town read on Toal.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Because my masonry flavour, which Sandwolf has access to, does confirm me as town too xD. IE I am not a hunter and am a ghoul.

wait really? Sand?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

fine

##vote merk

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

lmao didn’t even notice but yes I have confirmation that Toal is a ghoul of sorts, some may say the best ghoul

got it it's just the flavor you have?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also I just got super excited to see that there was a party host role in this game, then realized that it was the night 0 flavor death.

party host is still one of my favorite roles I created or stole (I honestly don't remember)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

got it it's just the flavor you have?

I was told Toal’s flavor cake to visit me and thus masonry

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I also had a thought about yesterday’s vote, if toal is apparently confirmed town that’s five, including me, left alive on it. I know I’m town (yes I know you all don’t know that) so for me I see four people remaining on that lunch.

Bif, sand, yami and meen.

Two of those names are really standing out to me. Two people who have been skipping hand in hand down case lane today.

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: Look on the bright side, Retro Futurist: you can't be accused of lurking anymore!

Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (8): Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Yami Fenrir, Ignatius M. Meen, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, t a s t e, hambeet

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hmm whoever could beet be implying...

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Looking back to think if there's more recap I could do for Voodoo and I just noticed the scummiest thing of all, Beet never even reacted to my avshalom callback joke

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah we 100% have to kill Yami gang

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's maybe... 2% serious

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Looking back to think if there's more recap I could do for Voodoo and I just noticed the scummiest thing of all, Beet never even reacted to my avshalom callback joke

Oh sorry yes it was pretty good, but hyper specific to me only too. :D

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

Oh sorry yes it was pretty good, but hyper specific to me only too. :D

And Tommu but welp

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

I will volunteer. I like your gambits as of late. What do I do?

I don't see merk not being voted today, but why is merk doing this if he is scum? Toalp is saying scum will die. I can see scum taking the that toalp was bluffing, but if so I'm not going to then use a busdriver to mess with the results. It feels like it outs way too much information too early in the game for no real upside.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

I don't see merk not being voted today, but why is merk doing this if he is scum? Toalp is saying scum will die. I can see scum taking the that toalp was bluffing, but if so I'm not going to then use a busdriver to mess with the results. It feels like it outs way too much information too early in the game for no real upside.

so that the investigation or hits sandwolf

controlling what town does with it's powers is the end goal of a scum bus driver, being given the opportunity to control a investigation/vig by offering yourself up to be a target makes sense.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

so that the investigation or hits sandwolf

controlling what town does with it's powers is the end goal of a scum bus driver, being given the opportunity to control a investigation/vig by offering yourself up to be a target makes sense.

Sure, that is possible. But:

1. I don't think of merk as a night action gambit scum player, especially on day 1.
2. That would mean you were willing to run a gambit like that as a cop on day 1, which seems risky, so I'm not sure I would assume it was some sort of investigation.
3. If I'm scum night 1 I'm using the busdriver to help hide whoever is doing the kill. If I'm doing the kill I don't offer myself up to the gambit.
4. Merk is a pretty common night target, so

well, number 4 actually isn't a bad idea to use the busdriver on merk out of general caution.

Still feel like it's a bit of stretch, but I need to read him again now after that last part.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t know Voodoo this feels like you’re going out of your way to derive reasons merk isn’t scum. You don’t acknowledge the possibility that merk was scum with a bus driving teammate who saw early bait to maybe confirm themselves or send a kill astray or something because you say you think “merk isn’t that type of player.”

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Aight. I am claiming. I will say at the outset that I do not know what happened last night, but I expect it was a Busdriver.

For I am Bobby Pickett, Self-aligned Comedian, and the guy who sang the Monster Mash. I win the game when I impersonate (take control of) Wolfman and Dracula. I can either do this by targeting them at night or targeting their corpse. If I target one of them alive, they will die (unblockable). Once I achieve a piece of my win condition, a portion of the Monster Mash will play in the thread at the start of the day. The full song will be played when I win and leave the game.

I wanted Toal to target me because I learn the flavor of someone who targets me. I do not get their name, but I do learn their flavor. Last night, "The Janitor" targeted me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Aight. I am claiming. I will say at the outset that I do not know what happened last night, but I expect it was a Busdriver.

For I am Bobby Pickett, Self-aligned Comedian, and the guy who sang the Monster Mash. I win the game when I impersonate (take control of) Wolfman and Dracula. I can either do this by targeting them at night or targeting their corpse. If I target one of them alive, they will die (unblockable). Once I achieve a piece of my win condition, a portion of the Monster Mash will play in the thread at the start of the day. The full song will be played when I win and leave the game.

I wanted Toal to target me because I learn the flavor of someone who targets me. I do not get their name, but I do learn their flavor. Last night, "The Janitor" targeted me.

well what in the world

as far as I know, Toal is not “the janitor”

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

"The Janitor" sure sounds like a scum bus driver.

Sorry you're 3p.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, I targeted hambeet last night. He is not Wolfman or Dracula.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

"The Janitor" sure sounds like a scum bus driver.

Sorry you're 3p.

IF I WERE YOU, I would vote me out immediately with this claim. But there it is.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

IF I WERE YOU, I would vote me out immediately with this claim. But there it is.

yeah ##vote merk

Bif tomorrow

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
"The Janitor" is a flavor name, not a role. That didn't seem clear when I read my claim again.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Ok yeah I'll vote merk.

He is -1 if anyone wants to talk.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

"The Janitor" is a flavor name, not a role. That didn't seem clear when I read my claim again.

comparing the n0 flip, the n1 flips, and my own role I'm gonna say "The Janitor" does not sound like a horror movie killer and would probably be the person who bus drove you with sandwolf

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

yeah ##vote merk

Bif tomorrow

Beet tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

comparing the n0 flip, the n1 flips, and my own role I'm gonna say "The Janitor" does not sound like a horror movie killer and would probably be the person who bus drove you with sandwolf

Which means I would be a 3p version of "town-" instead of "town+" because Wolfman and Dracula are probably both town.