Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Also lmao just lmao at my presentation group straight not doing their jobs and forcing me to do all their work for them. I shall take my frustrations out and ##vote Taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Lmao if I die for being the one dude not in the safety of the shop :v:

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

What's the currency of this universe? Is it gold?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

What's the currency of this universe? Is it gold?

You won’t find any of that in this thread

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote the coward sng

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

RF is making good and funny posts, does this mean he's scum

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
I want to see what happens now ahhhhh

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Shellception posted:

I know why you're doing this, but the broken formatting schtick is playing hell with my brain. I just keep seeing it and wanting to edit it to be not broken, and then I realize a) no editing on maf and b) that's not even my post, wtf.

So, if it's some kind of psychological warfare, well done, it's working.

Listen.

Up.

These are content lurking scum. Shell... For posting very awkwardly and poorly. Tobbs for parroting other people's words.

Discuss.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs did make that town call on binus surprisingly early but why would a scum wanna white knight binus?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Elementary, dear bif.

Throws dart at dart board.

He was getting town cred.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Elementary, dear bif.

Throws dart at dart board.

He was getting town cred.

Well I mean sure that's why scum do it in general but I dunno seems like a waste to me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Uhhh, 'throws again'.

Saving b-1 to execute another day!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

You're probably just starting to reach my level so you can appreciate my posting

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

I noticed this too

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This looks like a scumbus:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Know what kind of people say disingenuous?

scum

##vote Dexanth

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I maybe could see it if I look real hard

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

I wish bee and I were scumbros and this was scumbusception.

Alas we are town.

Toalpaz is my nemesis so calling me out is alignment neutral.

I'll try to chuck out some reads tomorrow. I just finished assembling and calibrating a 3d printer which took up most of two days and I am BEAT.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Alas we are town.

Toalpaz is my nemesis so calling me out is alignment neutral.

I'll try to chuck out some reads tomorrow. I just finished assembling and calibrating a 3d printer which took up most of two days and I am BEAT.

We?
How do you know b is town?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandicap posted:

We?
How do you know b is town?

##vote Tobbs

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My power is still out and I'm not happy about it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

My power is still out and I'm not happy about it.

that sucks :(

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m town btw

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I’m town btw

Whats up, lets wreck these scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

I’m town btw

Whoah cool, Tobbs' story checks out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandicap posted:

##vote Tobbs

This seems like a rather overly opportunistic gotcha. Sus, as the kids say

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

Listen.

Up.

These are content lurking scum. Shell... For posting very awkwardly and poorly. Tobbs for parroting other people's words.

Discuss.

I don't see Shell as content lurking? She comments on RF as not seeming suspicious and she also makes a comment about Dead doing a light "come visit me" ala binus and says that's similar to his town behavior so far. Things are starting out slowly in this game but I don't see Shell coming off badly here, is there something in particular not being addressed?

Tobbs is bothering me but not for the empty "visit shop" quote, I don't understand where the binus town claim is coming from unless he's just taking binus word for it or what is happening there

PlasticAutomaton posted:

##vote: Binus

This is usually correct.

b-minus1 posted:

You could not be more wrong

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh hey it's a town binus. Thank God.

Like this is a pretty bonkers take to me unless he's being silly (I've never played with Tobbs). Add the "we are town" bit too.

Considering Dex seems town minded (sus of me and their reasoning didn't sound fake) I'm not sure why binus is thinking Dex is scum. I'll ask for a reason from binus but I don't know that I'll get one.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Toalpaz posted:

Listen.

Up.

Discuss.

There's just not much you can post about on a day when everyone's jumping out of jokephase and just posting how they enter a shop.

That said, sure feel Tobbs sounded a bit awkward in there. I don't think Binus is scummy-sounding for now (I voted him because he posted an odd sounding "I want out of here" and I wanted to indulge him). I have seen Binus be scum just once in USSR, and there he played in a very distinct way that's not showed up here. Which, to be honest, means nothing, and less so with the amount of posting Binus has done for now.

That said, how the hell can anyone be sure this is town Binus? Why are you betting so hard on a random player's innocence? I am less than enthusiastic about voting a returning player out D1, but I have been burned in that before. I'd like a response there, please.

##vote Tobbs

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
You want something else that's also been bothering me, even in a non-content day?

Hal Insandenza posted:

But do they originate from scum?

Hal Insandenza posted:

Pretty sus of Maerlyn now

Hal starts up the day being questioning, playing aggresively and poking people from the door. I was a bit surprised, but I'm not about to question anyone trying to move things out of jokephase, even if it is by throwing things out and seeing what sticks. But then:

Hal Insandenza posted:

I maybe could see it if I look real hard

Hal Insandenza posted:

Whats up, lets wreck these scum

... where is the follow-up? Do you not sus Mae or me, or anyone else, anymore? Surely now there's more content on the table, you should be able to articulate how you feel about your earlier reads?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm liking this poking and prodding Shell's doing now, let's keep at it with

##vote Hal

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Considering Dex seems town minded (sus of me and their reasoning didn't sound fake) I'm not sure why binus is thinking Dex is scum. I'll ask for a reason from binus but I don't know that I'll get one.

I would also like an update on this, although I know asking Binus for that is a crapshoot at the very best. Town Binus usually has a good nose for odd-sounding things. But Dex is sounding completely town to me too, she's actually prodded Mae at a point I would also have, if I didn't knew Mae is very prone to literally reading things, because that sequence of posts was actually awkward. So if there is anything here, please explain? If not, I feel good with trusting Dex for now.

Incidentally, even if it is a gut feeling: while she has fooled me hard before, and will fool me hard again, I feel a scum Mae would police herself way harder, if nothing else to avoid a repeat of Beezel's D1 lunch (where she started with a VT claim that got tangled with scum intervention, literalcy kicked in from both sides, it became a snowball and she was voted out D1 - she WAS VT).

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Tobbs did make that town call on binus surprisingly early but why would a scum wanna white knight binus?

I can see it as calling town on someone that can be seen as a good early lurker lunch, so you get fast D2 town cred from that. But other than that I got nothing, it is just awkward sounding. And awkward sounding sunk scum last time I played, so I'm going with that for now.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

CirclMastr posted:

I'm an alt of TheMcD (nobody here will get this joke).

I got it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Good. Now, please, can you give your opinion on what's going on in the thread? We don't need a thesis, but I want to hear your thoughts, please.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Shellception posted:

Good. Now, please, can you give your opinion on what's going on in the thread? We don't need a thesis, but I want to hear your thoughts, please.

In the morning if I can think straight, sure. Everything's a jumbled mess right now.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Stupidest thing ever to be asked on a thread, probably, but... uhhhhh that's referring to me?

At first I read it like that, then I decided no, probably "scumbusception = two scum voting each other", then I realized none of you actually voted or sussed the other AND I voted Binus as a throwaway thing.

I have definitely been called Scumception before. By scummates, even. And I don't have too many past scummates, and even less ones playing this time, so that statement is actually making me a tad nervous.

What gives?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Deadmeat5150 posted:

In the morning if I can think straight, sure. Everything's a jumbled mess right now.

Aight, sure, sorry. Forgot it's stupid late over there. I am at work doing absolutely jackshit nothing and sleeping sounds real nice to me right now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

Aight, sure, sorry. Forgot it's stupid late over there. I am at work doing absolutely jackshit nothing and sleeping sounds real nice to me right now.

My previous job had a lot of jackshit nothing time, this was the height of my mafia career.

I just noticed we don't actually have any deadline set, so this might be a long D1 at this rate...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Bifauxnen posted:

I just noticed we don't actually have any deadline set, so this might be a long D1 at this rate...

Oooooops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

My previous job had a lot of jackshit nothing time, this was the height of my mafia career.

We depend on a) University professors actually wanting to do research, and b) expensive, delicate equipment not breaking and requiring urgent fixes at stupid times. When there is work there is a lot of it, but when there's not there's nothing at all.

Also lol at the deadline thing. Mafia Groundhog day!