Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

A lot of the complains seem like: “It’s not the anime.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

sounds like garbage imo but I'll still give it the ol' 3 episode try

anyway I googled space sweepers and it looks really good, thanks twitter rando

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

Nanigans posted:

:suicide:

Heyyyyy. How ‘bout that music????

https://youtu.be/ZINRNNNRNVE

This, unironically. It got Yoko Kanno and Seatbelts back to record new stuff, honestly who even cares if the TV show sucks.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

the anime packed spike’s entire backstory into a wordless ninety-second montage and no more needed to be said on it

One of the best features of Cowboy Bebop is that they don't waste time on unnecessary details and I really wish other tv shows would take the hint and do the same.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nanigans posted:

:suicide:

Heyyyyy. How ‘bout that music????

https://youtu.be/ZINRNNNRNVE

this is very much not the voice i expected yoko kanno to have

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Oxxidation posted:

Hah. I think the voice she uses at the very start is an affected, extra cutesy voice. She sounds more normal later on. But yeah, Japanese ladies have very high voices more often than not.

I was more confused by their poor attempt to hide her identity. Like, sis, your picture’s all over the internet and you can still see her face during the shots of her conducting. lol

I’m wondering about her comment that they only use 10% music from the anime. I know there’re completely new compositions for this, so I wonder if she meant that only 10% is re-recorded versions of old songs and the other 90% is original (:aaa:) or if they literally use the old recordings only 10% of the time (it’s probably this.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

On the one hand its nice they didn't just make ff7 HD but thats kinda all i wanted

That's all anyone wanted!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

DoomTrainPhD posted:

A lot of the complains seem like: “It’s not the anime.”

you are dumb as poo poo

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Spike Spiegel:
Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture.

Girlboss Faye:
Ummm yeah, no. You should get that checked. Eyes don't work that way Mr. Dick 'n' balls!

Spike Spiegel:
I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over.

Girlboss Faye:
Cheque please!

Genius goon:
Mayhappenstance people are mad that this is not animated

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ADR'd line inserted in serious scene: Oh they call him VICIOUS?! Talk about obvious villain here! Hello?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Now I'm going to be mad when those specific bad lines aren't in there

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Wow. I take it back, this looks great.

https://puu.sh/IpJpP/d3ffd3a6b6.mp4

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Looks like this cowboy is gonna bebop

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Nanigans posted:

Hah. I think the voice she uses at the very start is an affected, extra cutesy voice. She sounds more normal later on. But yeah, Japanese ladies have very high voices more often than not.

I was more confused by their poor attempt to hide her identity. Like, sis, your picture’s all over the internet and you can still see her face during the shots of her conducting. lol

I’m wondering about her comment that they only use 10% music from the anime. I know there’re completely new compositions for this, so I wonder if she meant that only 10% is re-recorded versions of old songs and the other 90% is original (:aaa:) or if they literally use the old recordings only 10% of the time (it’s probably this.)

The leaked soundtrack had 24 new songs.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

MikusR posted:

The leaked soundtrack had 24 new songs.

:swoon:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
At least we're getting new songs out of it yeah

https://twitter.com/mangiotto/status/1460454095827787782

https://twitter.com/bebopnetflix/status/1460772346982064130
:thunk:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I do enjoy being flaccid and hating myself, sounds like a great fit

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I haven’t seen any reviews mention Ed one way or the other, but I also haven’t seen a review mention Ein either which is journalistic malpractice.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Ein is in the show, Ed is definitely not but the show accounts keep being like "Ed fans mayhaps will have a nice SURPRISE in this show ; ) " which means that they definitely did something stupid and it is 100% not going to be the Ed from the anime. Maybe a hologram of Ed will appear briefly in the background or they will rename a computer "3D" and it will say something funny and then Spike will say "Computers, just ain't my thing..."

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jerkface posted:

Ein is in the show, Ed is definitely not but the show accounts keep being like "Ed fans mayhaps will have a nice SURPRISE in this show ; ) " which means that they definitely did something stupid and it is 100% not going to be the Ed from the anime. Maybe a hologram of Ed will appear briefly in the background or they will rename a computer "3D" and it will say something funny and then Spike will say "Computers, just ain't my thing..."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

My hot take to make the thread mad: Ed is mostly annoying and leaving her out is an improvement.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Grand Fromage posted:

My hot take to make the thread mad: Ed is mostly annoying and leaving her out is an improvement.

How does it feel to be literally Satan

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

Grand Fromage posted:

posted from the universe where Mushroom Samba doesn't exist

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nanigans posted:

How does it feel to be literally Satan

It's pretty good tbh

JoJosSiwaAdventure posted:

posted from the universe where Mushroom Samba doesn't exist

I did say mostly for a reason.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Grand Fromage posted:

Mods ban this filth.

Ed is the only good character in cowboy bebop

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I don't think Ed will show up but I do think Radical Edward will be part of an episode or two. I also think this is going to be multiple seasons and Ed will be part of those but I could be completely wrong.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ed owns and her final episode / goodbye is probably one of the better sequences in the original show if not the best.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I don't think Ed will show up but I do think Radical Edward will be part of an episode or two. I also think this is going to be multiple seasons and Ed will be part of those but I could be completely wrong.

That's the impression I got, that they're aiming for two seasons to cover the original show's spread of storylines. And Ed didn't show up until close to ten episodes in then.

I was a lot more concerned by lack of Ed when I figured the show was intended as a one-and-done.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Grand Fromage posted:

A troll so fine that I am pulling a spoiler x-post from the other thread:

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I actually really disliked the character when I caught random episodes on the first airing. But going back and rewatching, Ed is really the thing that makes Bebop work. The main characters are all so broken and jaded by their pasts that the show needs someone who is unbounded by their own.

But they take it a step further and have Ed realize that living only for the moment is just as bad, once they meet their father. Ed and Ein are kind of the only characters who actually grow and learn anything: leaving the others was the only way they could take control of their future.
:allears:

It seems strange to want to preserve the original oeuvre of the anime while subtracting the one element that makes it all work together.

The original is a show about broken people and how they cope with their past looming over them, it would be cruel to remove the one person who actually moves on.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

A troll so fine that I am pulling a spoiler x-post from the other thread:

It seems strange to want to preserve the original oeuvre of the anime while subtracting the one element that makes it all work together.

The original is a show about broken people and how they cope with their past looming over them, it would be cruel to remove the one person who actually moves on.

see you cowgirl, someday, somehwere

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

see you cowgirl, someday, somehwere

‘Bye Bye’ as “Call Me, Call Me” plays

:cry:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
“Call me Call me” still hits me in the feels every time I hear it. Just finished all the anime episodes and the movie as a refresher. The wife had never seen the anime and she is now looking forward to the Netflix series.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Nanigans posted:

‘Bye Bye’ as “Call Me, Call Me” plays

:cry:

Just picturing Faye drawing that bed in the dirt and staring into the sky is making my stomach clench

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
For me it's when ein pauses and looks back, before turning around and following Ed.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Kingtheninja posted:

For me it's when ein pauses and looks back, before turning around and following Ed.

God drat it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Kingtheninja posted:

Oh god, the boys putting eggs in Ein's doggie bowl :qq:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Seems likely Ed will be teased at the end of the season. Ed doesn't turn up into pretty far into the original show, so adding a new character would be a good way to shake up the second season.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dm5Qz41W4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHL2javqLgM

I’m…. worried. And Jet has a daughter now??

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 18, 2021

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ehhh, those scenes are cheesy, but I've already set my expectations for "edgier CW production," so... it hits that mark?
I kinda want to see a clip of a fight scene with the music blaring to get a feel for the bigger scenes, not the little in-between stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Oxxidation posted:

The impression that clip gives, I have no idea if it’s reflected in reality, is that she’s very shy and not confident in her appearance and how she sounds. Which, she’s a composer not an actor or professional speaker, that would be very normal.

Also re cutesy voices, seconding the dude who said that people drop that in normal interaction after a while. It is a kind of default mode though, when I was at uni in Beijing half our class was Japanese and it weirded all the rest of us out until we realised it was just an affectation / social coding thing.