Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm working on some gimmick builds just for fun, and maybe for a full on low upgrade/unit clear gimmick run namely a nuke for Van, an armor/shieldtank for Lelouch, and an evadetank for Suzaku, but I'm not sure on a few mechanical bits exactly, just a shot in the dark if someone more familiar might know the ins and outs:

-I remember reading what feels like forever ago that weapon/unit ranks affect damage, with an S rank in both relevant ones being about a 10% damage buff for the relevant terrain, is that still applicable? Not sure whether running the SSSS part for full ranks is worth it vs some just flat damage output parts.

-I assume part based barriers and unit based barriers operate on the same 'slot' so to speak, so like equipping an under-2500 nulling orgone cloud on the gekkoei with its 4000 null barrier would just measure against the 4k, yeah?

-Does the 10% chance-based modifier from the Junk Terminal play nice with the Causality Manipulator and its 'under-30% always dodge' thing? I remember messing with similar effect parts in a previous game but I never really felt like I could tell if it was really working or not, but in combination with the all defensor taking away the repeated targetting modifier, could def be useful. Might be better to just go with a jacked-up mobility stat boost instead though, idk.

Not like anything really 'requires' it I guess, but it's fun messing around. Kinda wish I had a better means of testing stuff out, maybe the super ultra hard difficulty thing might work once that comes out, just throw a unit into a Front stage and test some stuff out.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So I finished the first set of DLC missions and plotwise:

While the early parts are built for the early story the later parts are clearly intended to be Postgame and it pretty bluntly says that there's more plot to come. Maybe that'll be DLC2 but it REALLY seems like they are intending something post-game. They spend most of the DLC building up an Ominous Something Still To Come. If nothing else I doubt the final set can be done anytime before the postgame because they involve postgame plot and dealing with the leftover pillars.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Synthbuttrange posted:

I miss out on battle dialogue a lot because I just skip anims for the longer fights unless im punching a boss. :|

I like that everyone goes "yo what the hell is this" when they see the Zanscare wheeled mobile suits.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fuu instead talks about how she won't forgive motorcycle gangs.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Even Ernie can't be doin' Zanscare's dumbass wheels.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus gently caress Gilliam has a unique skill that gives him +30% to Evade during enemy phases.

Edit: Gespenst is just the T animations though.

Unsurprising, since the Gespenst in T was literally Gilliam's original Gespenst.

It is a shame it isn't the XN Geist though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

God everytime I remember Erica's Holy Gatling Gun it gets better. I am so glad she's in a SRW proper now.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm working on some gimmick builds just for fun, and maybe for a full on low upgrade/unit clear gimmick run namely a nuke for Van, an armor/shieldtank for Lelouch, and an evadetank for Suzaku, but I'm not sure on a few mechanical bits exactly, just a shot in the dark if someone more familiar might know the ins and outs:

-I remember reading what feels like forever ago that weapon/unit ranks affect damage, with an S rank in both relevant ones being about a 10% damage buff for the relevant terrain, is that still applicable? Not sure whether running the SSSS part for full ranks is worth it vs some just flat damage output parts.

-I assume part based barriers and unit based barriers operate on the same 'slot' so to speak, so like equipping an under-2500 nulling orgone cloud on the gekkoei with its 4000 null barrier would just measure against the 4k, yeah?

-Does the 10% chance-based modifier from the Junk Terminal play nice with the Causality Manipulator and its 'under-30% always dodge' thing? I remember messing with similar effect parts in a previous game but I never really felt like I could tell if it was really working or not, but in combination with the all defensor taking away the repeated targetting modifier, could def be useful. Might be better to just go with a jacked-up mobility stat boost instead though, idk.

Not like anything really 'requires' it I guess, but it's fun messing around. Kinda wish I had a better means of testing stuff out, maybe the super ultra hard difficulty thing might work once that comes out, just throw a unit into a Front stage and test some stuff out.

Weapon terrain ranks do affect damage and yeah, an S rank is 10% extra damage, which I believe is additive with any other damage bonus (such as from various ace bonuses, mech abilities and the Attacker skill). I think an S adaptor or similar is generally going to boost damage by more than most +attack power parts, assuming the attacks you want to boost don't already have S ranks. For pure damage on a low upgrade run, I think your best options for a 3 slot unit are the Extra Arms X or Omega, S Adaptor and Brave Police Emblem.

I haven't tested multiple barriers in this game but I'm pretty sure in previous games damage canceling barriers like Gekkokei's do not stack with damage reducing barrier parts.

I honestly don't know how Junk Terminal works at all. For mobility, S ranks are probably the best thing you can get. S ranks are +30% to final evasion, the equivalent of an always on Focus. I don't think the repeated targeting modifier is a very big deal in this game, and in Suzaku's case he doesn't mind taking a couple hits because he has Potential 9 through Curse of Geass, which just makes him dodgier (and tankier).

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

WrightOfWay posted:

I honestly don't know how Junk Terminal works at all.

Enemies are -10% to final hit and crit chance, while the user is +10% to final hit/crit, is my understanding. Might also adjust other RNG-based effect chances by 10% as well (up for things that benefit the user, and down for effects that would hinder them).

KoB
May 1, 2009
the one thing I wish SRW would get into the 21st century on is having a "skip seen dialogue" option. Every other visual novel does this, please terada.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I believe "chance based events" includes things like special evasion, and possibly shield block? It would have included Shoot Down/Blade Block back in the day. Or skills like Lucky in OG. I'm not sure how many of those there are in 30, honestly.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

KoB posted:

the one thing I wish SRW would get into the 21st century on is having a "skip seen dialogue" option. Every other visual novel does this, please terada.

I don't play VN's so I don't know if these are equivalent to what you're talking about, but F2 will skip cutscenes to the next interactive choice, and holding CTRL will fast forward through dialogue and map events.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Alacron posted:

I don't play VN's so I don't know if these are equivalent to what you're talking about, but F2 will skip cutscenes to the next interactive choice, and holding CTRL will fast forward through dialogue and map events.

yeah but on a 2nd playthrough I want it to stop skipping when I hit text I havent seen.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Do they have an ETA on patching the Red 5 bug? I got warned by a friend while warming up the game for the night, so I didn't actually start a mission or get the freebies, but :negative: I just want to robot, man!!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nessus posted:

Do they have an ETA on patching the Red 5 bug? I got warned by a friend while warming up the game for the night, so I didn't actually start a mission or get the freebies, but :negative: I just want to robot, man!!

I read that the Gespenst basically overlaps with Red 5, if you avoid that mission you should be good.

Dont save over your old stuff just in case tho.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

KoB posted:

I read that the Gespenst basically overlaps with Red 5, if you avoid that mission you should be good.

I'll just take a night off, I've been doing like 2-3 missions a night anyway.

How many Sakura Wars missions are there? Hype for that, at least.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I loving love that (DLC mission) the Voltes V recruitment mission takes place in Manila, Philippines. Seems the SRW devs are aware of its historical importance. :allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

Enemies are -10% to final hit and crit chance, while the user is +10% to final hit/crit, is my understanding. Might also adjust other RNG-based effect chances by 10% as well (up for things that benefit the user, and down for effects that would hinder them).

Yeah this is also how I understood it, which is why I was wondering if like, having a causality manipulator and junk terminal on at the same time might make it so you 'effectively' have perma evade anything under 40% and perma hit on anything over 60%, or if it'd apply the evade thing before modifiers.

Cheers on the damage tips tho. atm I'm using victorious turn and the 30th anniversary part for 40%, soldiers medallion for 235 morale, the ogami and lelouch stat buffs, and the 10% from being in command range of the dreiss. With the 40% counterattack bonus from van, I got 250k with just Charge, I can only imagine what having god's judgment will be like.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah this is also how I understood it, which is why I was wondering if like, having a causality manipulator and junk terminal on at the same time might make it so you 'effectively' have perma evade anything under 40% and perma hit on anything over 60%, or if it'd apply the evade thing before modifiers.

Cheers on the damage tips tho. atm I'm using victorious turn and the 30th anniversary part for 40%, soldiers medallion for 235 morale, the ogami and lelouch stat buffs, and the 10% from being in command range of the dreiss. With the 40% counterattack bonus from van, I got 250k with just Charge, I can only imagine what having god's judgment will be like.

I forgot about Victorious Turn. That's definitely the best damage item. I was actually partly wrong about weapon rank multipliers. They are calculated earlier in the damage formula than other multipliers so an S rank is more valuable than a generic +10%. As for Soldiers Medallion it's generally worse than the big weapon attack parts by my math. Weapon attack vs the generic 10% damage parts is more complicated math than I am capable of, but apparently damage multipliers are multiplicative so I lean towards those being better when you are already stacking a bunch of them.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Alacron posted:

I think this game's particular non-linear layout is why people are now desiring the feature, but basically I (and others) want this feature so that etc when I replay the game with a different MC, I can just choose to read the different protagonist lines rather than the 20 lines from the other characters that are the same in every playthrough, along with just watching the scene variants by having characters that weren't there on your previous playthrough because of different mission order etc

If anyone wants to look up a modern VN that has this functionality, look up the Zero Escape series - I can't imagine going through Virtue's Last Reward without being able to skip 99% of the repeated text every playthrough.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SpaceDrakeCF/status/1460809901677051907

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

When do I get the Hi-nu? I didn’t get it in the first mission for it, and after I got regular Nu, the mission hasn’t shown up. Also, does it get the Nu’s upgrades?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

So uh... it turns out (DLC spoilers) 30's version of the Hi-Nu has some of its Psycoframe taken from the Unicorn itself, and also Amuro's dad made a full recovery and developed an updated version of the RX-78's learning computer for it :stonklol:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Had a somewhat funny moment in the DLC where the game intended on spawning some enemies for the appearing characters to wipe out, but the enemy did not spawn. The dialogue and characters appeared fine, and so I got to see the characters zoom around an empty space and everyone else respond like they killed something. I appreciate the game was well coded enough this sort of thing didn't even bother it and it moved right along without any issues.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hyoma being a big weirdo :allears:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So if you buy the DLC, are these missions available before you beat them game or not?

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Willo567 posted:

So if you buy the DLC, are these missions available before you beat them game or not?

Yeah, you can start them once you've completed the first 4 missions and can go from Space to Earth or vice-versa. I'm not sure if they're all available from the start or if some are locked based on main story progress, but judging from deploy requirements it looks like you can do the Hi-Nu mission once you get Amuro (at least, I assume it's the Hi-Nu mission) and the Sakura Wars missions are a chain.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Voltes V mission requires you pick up the Combattler V first too and is a pair of missions.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lostconfused posted:

So just had the game process keep going even after Alt+F4.

But it was very obvious because the intermission menu music kept playing, lol.

It seems to be the intermissions that cause it? At least as far as I can tell. Try Alt+F4ing before clicking return to title screen or whatever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aww the etrangers dont scream like girls anymore

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Bloody Pom posted:

So uh... it turns out (DLC spoilers) 30's version of the Hi-Nu has some of its Psycoframe taken from the Unicorn itself, and also Amuro's dad made a full recovery and developed an updated version of the RX-78's learning computer for it :stonklol:

Well poo poo that certainly explains why the Tem Ray Circuit works at all!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Is Kenichi's VA retired? From watching some of the videos on Youtube, I think they're all reused.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As expected the Sakura Wars missions are the meatiest of the bunch, whole new enemies, quite a few missions so far. The others are 2-3 missions to get them.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KoB posted:

No. I didn't do Gilliam's mission (though I have it unlocked) and Red 5 vanished as soon as I completed a (normal, non-DLC) mission.

Kale
May 14, 2010

That's pretty awesome honestly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, time to test the DLC!

Wait what do you mean I have to deal with Zanscare right the gently caress now game I paid for this

Sigh. I guess I must destroy the motorcyclist dream then I can play the DLC.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

According to the Japanese official site, a patch is on the way but right now clearing any of the following missions willl bring back Red 5:
  • Awaken, Hero
  • Team Rabbits, Launch
  • The Battle of Ceres
  • Shadow of the AHSMB
  • Academy in the Crosshairs
  • Operation Heaven's Gate
Which isn't exactly convenient if you're not where those missions are, and I know from experience just now that clearing a DLC mission that force-deploys Red 5 doesn't put it back in your unit list.

Willo567 posted:

Is Kenichi's VA retired? From watching some of the videos on Youtube, I think they're all reused.
Looking at Japanese Wikipedia, the only voice acting he ever did was Voltes V plus a couple of smaller roles in Daimos and Daltanious, and he didn't do much non-voice acting either. I guess it's impressive they could get him in for Super Robot Wars in the first place.

1st Stage Midboss fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 17, 2021

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Just noticed that the patch also broke the Error! No match StringID's name. It now says Gedlav. I have no idea what a Gedlav is or how that name got there but I hope the Red 5 fix also fixes this.

EDIT: The Adrastea-class reminds Guy of Gundober, that's hilarious. There's a slight difference in size here man.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 17, 2021

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Red-5 getting sucked into a black hole is hilarious, but I’ve already got it Ace’d, lvl99, and FUB’d so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I mean the real problem with the Red 5 glitch is that it prevents the entire team from using Rabbit Formation.