Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
One more thing. I do need a townie for tonight. You don't need to do anything and I am not looking for volunteers, probably won't take them anyway. But time keeps passing, we shouldn't be that far from deadline now, and my town reads are all at the "meh" level of confidence. I can hand out a boon tonight, I want that boon to go to someone who'll use it well, and I don't really want it to land on scum.

So, if people would start actually playing, so I can get some reliable town reads, that'd be a nice help.

Thank you.

(I realize I am opening myself to blocks or whatever else can be around, but if scum really wants to spend a block on me, well, you do you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shellception posted:

One more thing. I do need a townie for tonight. You don't need to do anything and I am not looking for volunteers, probably won't take them anyway. But time keeps passing, we shouldn't be that far from deadline now, and my town reads are all at the "meh" level of confidence. I can hand out a boon tonight, I want that boon to go to someone who'll use it well, and I don't really want it to land on scum.

So, if people would start actually playing, so I can get some reliable town reads, that'd be a nice help.

Thank you.

(I realize I am opening myself to blocks or whatever else can be around, but if scum really wants to spend a block on me, well, you do you)

I’ll volunteer

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

merk posted:

I’ll volunteer

To play? Why, thank you!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Bee movie's "you could not be more wrong" seemed super cocky and confident and came across as genuine. Maybe he's gotten more deceptive lately but it feels real to me.

Scumbusception is bee saying I'm bussing Dex, but in so saying, were bee and I scum together, it could be interpreted as a scumbus within a scumbus.

Ergo scumbusception. No relation to scumception apart from similarity of the made-up-words.

Now let me drink coffee in peace.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Bee movie's "you could not be more wrong" seemed super cocky and confident and came across as genuine. Maybe he's gotten more deceptive lately but it feels real to me.

Scumbusception is bee saying I'm bussing Dex, but in so saying, were bee and I scum together, it could be interpreted as a scumbus within a scumbus.

Ergo scumbusception. No relation to scumception apart from similarity of the made-up-words.

Now let me drink coffee in peace.

Thank you. It seemed far-fetched enough but it caught my eye. i like my name, but for this I'll blame the mod who namechanged me into a tongue-twister.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shellception posted:

To play? Why, thank you!

Nothing jumping out yet.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I wish bee and I were scumbros and this was scumbusception.

Alas we are town.

Toalpaz is my nemesis so calling me out is alignment neutral.

I'll try to chuck out some reads tomorrow. I just finished assembling and calibrating a 3d printer which took up most of two days and I am BEAT.

Now, please, when you are all coffee'd up, I at least would like to hear some thoughts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Hal

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lean town:

Bee because of confidence/cockiness
Shellception and Maerlyn for wordiness/lack of sneakiness

Lean scum:

Tom due to disappeariness

Dex for aforementioned reasons plus my town read of Maer

A big block of low-posty high-coasty old-timers who I haven't made up my mind about yet.

Strong neutral stance on Toal for nemesis-related reasons.

Neutral on high-posty low-coasty Sandicrap who seems too cautious

Neutral on people I don't know or care about

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I just woke up, power is still loving out, cell phone down to 34% battery.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CirclMastr posted:

I just woke up, power is still loving out, cell phone down to 34% battery.

If you have a car, you can charge your phone in your car. I had to do that when power was out a couple years ago.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

##vote Hal

Go on…

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

This seems like a rather overly opportunistic gotcha. Sus, as the kids say

Slept on it and this is the most suspicious thing for me today ##vote grandi
Pretty obvious that Tobbs was just saying he thought binus was towny, and I don't like grandi pouncing on it like it's a slip

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

We have to start putting some pressure somewhere to see what falls out. You had two votes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yeah I think this is scum grandi

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Shellception posted:

Thank you.

what does the boon do?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So after reading again I have to say nothing is really jumping out at me so far. Maybe I need more coffee. But yeah, nothing is screaming scum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Deadmeat5150 posted:

what does the boon do?

Something I'd like town to learn in due time, please.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Shellception posted:

Something I'd like town to learn in due time, please.

Maybe it can upgrade certain players' abilities. Lots of isekais have a growth mechanic.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hoping shop resolution provides fodder for discussion honestly

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

(snipped for clarity, click for full)

Lean scum:

Tom due to disappeariness

Dex for aforementioned reasons plus my town read of Maer

Uh, your aforementioned reasons were:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Know what kind of people say disingenuous?

scum

##vote Dexanth

I'll say I am not a fan of Grandi's pounce, either. It jumped at me yesterday, moreso coming from an usually wordy player. But whatever that was about, it's not a bus, or is the most cold-blooded one I've ever seen. You're not both scum. And we need to start unraveling that mess from one of the extremes.

And, really, you're not making me confident in your towniness. Sorry. I am not sure if you are seriously defending Dex is scum because she used a word, or I am suffering from literal brain too, but that does not sound well. What, exactly, do you see in Dex's play that makes you think scum?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

On one hand, only scum can have confident town reads on day 1, on the other hand this is a really weird certain statement from Shell this early.

Shellception posted:

I'll say I am not a fan of Grandi's pounce, either. It jumped at me yesterday, moreso coming from an usually wordy player. But whatever that was about, it's not a bus, or is the most cold-blooded one I've ever seen. You're not both scum. And we need to start unraveling that mess from one of the extremes.

How do you know that? It feels like this is something designed to set up a lunch on both players.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

On one hand, only scum can have confident town reads on day 1, on the other hand this is a really weird certain statement from Shell this early.

How do you know that? It feels like this is something designed to set up a lunch on both players.

Unless you want to argue that Grandi threw Tobbs under the bus with almost no pressure on either of them, no, I really don't think we're looking at a bus. Which means the two of them aren't scum. One can be. Maybe neither is.

The way to know that is to apply pressure on one, or the other. I chose. I am open to changing sides if it turns out that pressing Tobbs makes him come out sounding town, or that whatever Retro and Binus are doing to Grandi makes Grandi react as scum. Or go look elsewhere if both end up sounding like town.

Hoping anyone to have a strictly defined side after a day of nothing-content is kind of hard.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm back at work after a week off but I'll try to post more thoughts at lunch. Things do feel like they are starting to get convoluted here so focusing on catching up with work and mafia is nearly impossible right now.

merk posted:

I’ll volunteer

I have...suspicions (maybe that's a "regardless of alignment" thing though).

Are you going to respond to what Shell asked on the last page?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Strong neutral stance on Toal for nemesis-related reasons.

Oh hey Toal used to be one of my nemeses too! I've been seeing way more awesome townie games from them lately though. This game feels like it could be one of those times.

Retro Futurist posted:

Slept on it and this is the most suspicious thing for me today ##vote grandi
Pretty obvious that Tobbs was just saying he thought binus was towny, and I don't like grandi pouncing on it like it's a slip

I like this post and might vote Grandi at some point today, but am still inherently suspicious of RF for making so many posts I like

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also, Plastic, I suppose you are busy now and all, but since you are around here: anything to note on anyone, apart from that ping of mine?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have decided to go topical and skindeep only until the game gets to a size more manageable. If that get's me executed, whatever.
Big games are not my jam, but this big game will turn into a mini if I just wait a few days.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Shellception posted:

Unless you want to argue that Grandi threw Tobbs under the bus with almost no pressure on either of them, no, I really don't think we're looking at a bus. Which means the two of them aren't scum. One can be. Maybe neither is.

The way to know that is to apply pressure on one, or the other. I chose. I am open to changing sides if it turns out that pressing Tobbs makes him come out sounding town, or that whatever Retro and Binus are doing to Grandi makes Grandi react as scum. Or go look elsewhere if both end up sounding like town.

Hoping anyone to have a strictly defined side after a day of nothing-content is kind of hard.

You spectated Squid Game. You know early busses for no reason can be a thing.

I'm not scum, I don't know about Tobbs, but that is where my vote is now. But throwing this out as not in the realm of possibility isn't a great look.

I think you are just wrong here, but part of me wonders if you are on a scum team with Tobbs and are using a me flip, which you see gaining momentum, as a way to make Tobbs look better.

I am not there yet, but am absolutely going to revisit if we get a scum Tobbs flip.

Don't let me forget thread!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandicap posted:

I wrote a note in my confessional because discord is a thing. Never mind, I don't need to rely on you to remind me anymore.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

I like this post and might vote Grandi at some point today, but am still inherently suspicious of RF for making so many posts I like

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote Tom tucker

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dexanth posted:

Some things feel scummy, sometimes. Maybe you are not, maybe you will develop feeling townie, but for the start, it pings me~

pls

i wish scum is my favorite role because i love manipulating the hell out of the town

unfortunately i am not

This vacillation on her read of Maerlyn plus the "pls" and the rest of this post reeks of faux innocence.

It's been in my head since yesterday but I forgot that people can't read my mind.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Given they are the only player actively scumhunting, strong town feels on Shell so far

##Vote Hal

Memory serves from ages ago Hal likes lurking as scum.

I am also kind of sus of Merk because Merk LOVES scumhunting so this like memeposting feels off

Maerlyn I still don't feel great about but willing to listen to other people telling me that's just who they are for now.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Flagging this as kind of sus because it's a classic example of sounding helpful while not actually doing anything of substance; good way for scum to coast while trying to seem townie, because then they dont have to fake reads

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandicap posted:

You spectated Squid Game. You know early busses for no reason can be a thing.

I'm not scum, I don't know about Tobbs, but that is where my vote is now. But throwing this out as not in the realm of possibility isn't a great look.

I think you are just wrong here, but part of me wonders if you are on a scum team with Tobbs and are using a me flip, which you see gaining momentum, as a way to make Tobbs look better.

I am not there yet, but am absolutely going to revisit if we get a scum Tobbs flip.

Alright, so you are town. You are doubting my affirmation that I don't believe both of you aren't scum. You know what, I'll give you that, early busses can be a thing. So let's throw the possibility in. It actually changes very little.

But, that said, let's look at what I said earlier, if you mind. I said "both are not scum".

Then, suppose I am scum with Tobbs and I am setting this up so, when you flip, he is cleared. Except you will, as per your word, flip town. How'd my words, then, clear Tobbs? Who is the person I am pressing right now, mind you.

Want to say it's me doing the bus on Tobbs? If so, go ahead. But you're not, you are saying I want to clear him. What is it?

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I have a slight townie read on Deadmeat; while I would like more content, their responses don't feel forced to me

I wish I could give more town reads but nobody else is really working at it yet so it is hard to develop feels for them

And thus in this case I prefer hugging the person who pings me the most who is also lurking, since lurkers make games not fun so yes Hal

And Merk I know you can do more please show me them bloodhound fiercenesses

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Anyways I am supposed to fly home today but also the flight is overbooked so in a few hours I will know if Delta is going to give me $500 to get bumped who knows

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Shellception posted:

Alright, so you are town. You are doubting my affirmation that I don't believe both of you aren't scum. You know what, I'll give you that, early busses can be a thing. So let's throw the possibility in. It actually changes very little.

But, that said, let's look at what I said earlier, if you mind. I said "both are not scum".

Then, suppose I am scum with Tobbs and I am setting this up so, when you flip, he is cleared. Except you will, as per your word, flip town. How'd my words, then, clear Tobbs? Who is the person I am pressing right now, mind you.

Want to say it's me doing the bus on Tobbs? If so, go ahead. But you're not, you are saying I want to clear him. What is it?

Could have sworn I read both are not town. But nope, that is not what you said. I was incorrect, so my sus on you if Tobbs flips scum is not a thing. I will un-note that in my confessional.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shellception posted:

Also, Plastic, I suppose you are busy now and all, but since you are around here: anything to note on anyone, apart from that ping of mine?

It's Day 1, I never try day 1 unless I'm suspicious of Bif. :colbert:

But in all seriousness, I'm trying to avoid any early calls because there's three players here I've never played with, so I don't really have a sense of them yet. Which is unfortunate because two of them are randomly sticking up for other players as definitely town already.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

t a s t e posted:

Hoping shop resolution provides fodder for discussion honestly

:guinness:

Sandycap (blatant grandicap alt) says the game will go from a mega game into a micro game in a few days. But here's the thing, no one has died yet? How does he know that there are killing roles in this game, and that it's not a computer sim Arg??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

:guinness:

Sandycap (blatant grandicap alt) says the game will go from a mega game into a micro game in a few days. But here's the thing, no one has died yet? How does he know that there are killing roles in this game, and that it's not a computer sim Arg??

Who's this Grandicap bloke? He sounds well spoken and handsome.