Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yami Fenrir posted:

Do you think bif is scum?

I don’t know. Nothing about her feels scummy so far. I hadn’t read her closely yesterday before merk claimed as I was just starting my read of merk at the time. Also nothing about her posts today pinged me.

I’d normally say I thinks it’s uncommon for two scum to be leading votes on d1 or d2, especially with a full scum team to defend them, but last game I was in had sand and Hal as voteleaders day 2 and I’ve already been stupidly wrong assuming logical play on scum this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Voodoofly posted:

I don’t know. Nothing about her feels scummy so far. I hadn’t read her closely yesterday before merk claimed as I was just starting my read of merk at the time. Also nothing about her posts today pinged me.

I’d normally say I thinks it’s uncommon for two scum to be leading votes on d1 or d2, especially with a full scum team to defend them, but last game I was in had sand and Hal as voteleaders day 2 and I’ve already been stupidly wrong assuming logical play on scum this game.

Then why are you painting a "2-for-1" lunch as a good idea? That seems off.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

##vote; bif

I've convinced myself that bif is SK. I'll share the reasons here.

Hum is scum role blocker, he was convinced he could fake claim tracker because he knew where bif was n1 and what bif did n2.
He felt safe claiming to track bif n2 because he visited her and stopped the SK kill. Because he role blocked her, and stopped the kill, he was then confident on who bif visited n1.

Using the information Hum had, the plausible visit on bif last night, AND coupled with the fact that scum team had no tracker and town watcher had already flipped; Hum felt confident he could claim tracker and 'catch' bif here for town cred and a fake claim.

Bif claimed killer to gently caress with hum, but also because she felt certain humalong was scum who was also lying in his claim and she could shake him.

We should kill bif first because there will be less deaths that way.

I like this case and it explains the pings I was getting ##vote Bif

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

##vote; bif

Hum is scum role blocker, he was convinced he could fake claim tracker because he knew where bif was n1 and what bif did n2.
He felt safe claiming to track bif n2 because he visited her and stopped the SK kill. Because he role blocked her, and stopped the kill, he was then confident on who bif visited n1.

Using the information Hum had, the plausible visit on bif last night, AND coupled with the fact that scum team had no tracker and town watcher had already flipped; Hum felt confident he could claim tracker and 'catch' bif here for town cred and a fake claim.

Bif claimed killer to gently caress with hum, but also because she felt certain humalong was scum who was also lying in his claim and she could shake him.

Toal I get what you're saying and you may be right, but I'd much rather still execute hum which we KNOW is lying. We just don't know in which way.

Hum is a guaranteed non-town lunch, Bif is a maybe.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Starting to wonder if b- is right about meen. That jump way WAY too fast.

Votecount for Day 3

Bifauxnen (2): Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen
Mr. Humalong (2): Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Toalpaz, b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Ignatius M. Meen
hambeet (1): Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
b-minus1 (1): Maerlyn

Not Voting (4): Deadmeat5150, hambeet, Toalpaz, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2021 at 11:21 a.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 18 hours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw I'm seriously annoyed no one reacted to MY epiphany, cause Hum is probably just an executioner, neither scum or SK would have any incentive to false claim that hard and get themselves guaranteed lunched tomorrow after my flip.

He claimed Jason and I am Freddy Krueger.

lmao so you're the sk?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Distancing from merk.

Zero attempt to make any alignment calls here or push at all - why?

The fact that he wants to revisit the same case (that merk was on no less) says a lot instead of analysing new information.

FWIW I haven't read meens posts yet so I could be making myself look foolish. I could come back to Hum because there's a glaring discrepancy with tracking results.

Hum might be the SK but I'll think about that further. There's just something odd going on that I can't put my finger on.

i like this case maerlyn for what it's worth.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay i'm pretty much caught up.

bold claim by hum as scum (if) to come out as tracker after losing merk, but we have a not so mysterious counter claim in play now and i can believe that person would have tracked bif, just as much as i believe humalong would have tracked them. both sets of data can't be true. the counter claim has no value of it's a scum counter, ergo, i think humalong is lying.

i see your theory bif around jason / sonia kruger. i smiled.

i see voodoo's thought process about the executioner at lylo, however i'm not sure that's enough to swing through back onto bif as a 'just in case'. i don't think that's warranted? with a counter claim in place, flipping humalong removes that risk anyway, does it not? unless i'm missing something.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Yami Fenrir posted:

Toal I get what you're saying and you may be right, but I'd much rather still execute hum which we KNOW is lying. We just don't know in which way.

once you know the reasons for a lie and can see the elements of truth behind it we can still use the info that scum hum brought to thread to our advantage.

all that stuff about executioners and claiming the other kill is non-sense from caught sk.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

##vote; bif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*frantically rubbing out black board and writing yami=scum -> protecting suspected town bif -> who is really SK before rubbing it all out again and drinking / sobbing*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

i think i agree with yami here. humalong is the caught out lie, i think going in any other direction is kind of bizarre, personally?

test the data and all that. is humalong lying or is your "mystery" mason bud lying to you? if i was you i'd want to work that out first.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like i think your logic about the RB on bif makes sense. humalong claims tracker instead of the well known and well abused fake claim of jailer (for a roleblocker) as a bit of a gambit but it hasn't panned out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Starting to wonder if b- is right about meen. That jump way WAY too fast.

Votecount for Day 3

Bifauxnen (2): Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen
Mr. Humalong (2): Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Toalpaz, b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Ignatius M. Meen
hambeet (1): Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
b-minus1 (1): Maerlyn

Not Voting (4): Deadmeat5150, hambeet, Toalpaz, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2021 at 11:21 a.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 18 hours.

does that mean merk was right about meen too? :v:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

##vote; bif

That is interesting. However I know for a fact that part of your hypothetical about hum is incorrect. If he is scum, I don’t think he was involved in stopping a kill. We don’t even know which kill was successful, scum or sk. But I strongly believe humalong had nothing to with it

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Then why are you painting a "2-for-1" lunch as a good idea? That seems off.

Giving the town more executions is super powerful. If we have questions about more than one player why waste two days?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

hambeet posted:

i like this case maerlyn for what it's worth.

Its too bad she’s wrong. Also amusing because she’s one of my top town reads

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

That is interesting. However I know for a fact that part of your hypothetical about hum is incorrect. If he is scum, I don’t think he was involved in stopping a kill. We don’t even know which kill was successful, scum or sk. But I strongly believe humalong had nothing to with it

We have 1 unaccounted for role block today, I strongly suspect it hit bif. I can't take you at your word.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Its too bad she’s wrong. Also amusing because she’s one of my top town reads

maybe you could share your working with the class?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I thought it could shake a town Hum into coming clean about his dumb gambit since I haven't gone anywhere. But mostly I thought it would be really funny to be like "yeah ok actually I did kill Circl again" lol

At least yesterday panned out, but once again Beet is going to be totally ignored this day

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh god bif move on, you're wrong.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

For the record i do believe toals theory has merit but like... we should probably confirm the basis of it first.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway good night. Am i gonna wake up to hammer a third time in a row?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote humvee

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

For the record i do believe toals theory has merit but like... we should probably confirm the basis of it first.

This is sort of where I'm at.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

idk if we have to wait a whole 41 hours anymore let's get this show on the road!

yes bif, i'd hammer again if i could. i'm blood thirsty

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

nah i've lost too many games to chain lunch on scums until we stall out on the last one and it's a lylo between scum/sk/town/town/town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

idk if we have to wait a whole 41 hours anymore let's get this show on the road!

yes bif, i'd hammer again if i could. i'm blood thirsty

I guess you can steal my bit after I stole the washing my hair line, fine

Gonna come clean Hum? Or should we just wrap up today and get this farce over with

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

nah i've lost too many games to chain lunch on scums until we stall out on the last one and it's a lylo between scum/sk/town/town/town

oh.

so who do you want to vote? bif?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh you voted bif. looks like your semi colon broke your vote. it's not on votefinder

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote hum

I don't think bif is scum.

Even if toalp is right that hum is scum and bif is an sk, I actually think I'd rather have one extra shot to kill scum tonight and/or have scum take out bif to protect themselves.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote: bif thanks beetster I didn't notice

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw I'm seriously annoyed no one reacted to MY epiphany, cause Hum is probably just an executioner, neither scum or SK would have any incentive to false claim that hard and get themselves guaranteed lunched tomorrow after my flip.

He claimed Jason and I am Freddy Krueger.

Ok holy poo poo there's a lot today.

But Freddy? Really? When someone has been killed in a very Elm Street kinda way complete with fire?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
##vote bif

Forgot that

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok after reading more, sorry Bif but it looks like you made a couple wink wink nudge nudge claims, but the throwing out that your flavor is Freddy really got me.

I know, I know, voting flavor blah blah blah but really.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ok holy poo poo there's a lot today.

But Freddy? Really? When someone has been killed in a very Elm Street kinda way complete with fire?

Oh so you believe my flavour claim huh? But not that it's town? Or that Hum is just full of poo poo?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ok after reading more, sorry Bif but it looks like you made a couple wink wink nudge nudge claims, but the throwing out that your flavor is Freddy really got me.

I know, I know, voting flavor blah blah blah but really.

Wink wink nudge nudge huh, like what

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I never bothered breadcrumbing or hinting poo poo cause I'm VT and it doesn't matter. When I got asked what I actually did, I said what that was. Nothing. I tried to troll Hum for a bit to see if it would get him to admit his bullshit, but it didn't work. So I clarified pretty quickly that that was a gambit and a joke, and I was still really just VT.

Seems pretty clear cut to me and like a bit of mischaracterization going on here! If Hum is in fact just an executioner like I thought, getting the one easy flip on him today isn't gonna be as fun for scum as bagging me first, and then racking up a bonus guaranteed lunch on Hum the next day too.

Getting too greedy isn't a good look mate

##vote Deadmeat

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ehhh i don't like deadmeet's posting just there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

deadmeat.

deadbeet.

hambif.