Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Machai posted:

Don't give him a +1 to the company Christmas party

Its too late, he will go to the Bonenkai since its before reviews. Apparently last year he ordered all the expensive scotch and singlehandedly blew out the tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

poo poo. Every bonenkai I've ever been to was just nomihodai with no special orders.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

poo poo. Every bonenkai I've ever been to was just nomihodai with no special orders.

Our tab is supposed to make it nomihodai, but this guy was ordering 25 year old whiskys so this year I also have to be the bad guy and enforce a regular nomihodai at our event. I'll just try to get the vendor to host it at a nicer caliber joint for the team.

The worst part is as senior boss man I have to chose what activity all 15 of us will do and now I understand how you always end up at like, Bowling for these as a junior person. I will take recomendations unless you say soaplands

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

poo poo dude, I dunno. I'm poo poo at organizing stuff. I'm guessing you're in Tokyo? I'll let you know if I think of something.

Edit: most of my bonenkais were when I was a teacher in rural Nara. So I guess it was usually karaoke.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 18, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah Im in Tokyo-rear end Tokyo, Ginza/toronomon hills area.

We could do virtual golf? gently caress, finding a neutral fun activity sucks

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I don't envy you. I was just in Ginza like two weeks ago. Didn't seem like there was much there.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Barudak posted:

Our tab is supposed to make it nomihodai, but this guy was ordering 25 year old whiskys so this year I also have to be the bad guy and enforce a regular nomihodai at our event. I'll just try to get the vendor to host it at a nicer caliber joint for the team.

The worst part is as senior boss man I have to chose what activity all 15 of us will do and now I understand how you always end up at like, Bowling for these as a junior person. I will take recomendations unless you say soaplands

is it possible to go shooting, axe throwing or something of similar danger? I always thought those were the best outings

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Barudak posted:

Just go to Roppongi, nerd.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I was talking to my cousin today about a job at a law firm they left when it became increasingly apparent that the owner/boss was laundering money. This guy would get his e-mails printed out and then try to "click" the hyperlinks on the printed sheets of paper and would start going apeshit when nothing happened, slamming the "link" on the page over and over. Thought people itt might appreciate that story.

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Barudak posted:

After (more than) a few drinks, neutral things like indoor golf get really fun.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Lol my work is celebrating international men's day tomorrow

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just go to Roppongi, nerd.

Last year was there at Gonpachi and I don't think Roppongi is quite the right scene for my team, but if you've got joints to recommend let me know cause I obliterate the udon at Tsuru Ton Tan.

Dongsturm posted:

After (more than) a few drinks, neutral things like indoor golf get really fun.

This is a good point, I'm probably overthinking it. I just want to avoid being the boss who makes the year end party seem like a boring chore.

Marmaduke! posted:

I hope to celebrate you told work you were going out for smokes and didn't come back

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Honestly, as long as the after-party isn't enforced or whatever, I think it'll be fine. I think most people are going to have pretty realistic expectations. It's mostly about having a few drinks and dicking around imho.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Escape From Noise posted:

I was talking to my cousin today about a job at a law firm they left when it became increasingly apparent that the owner/boss was laundering money. This guy would get his e-mails printed out and then try to "click" the hyperlinks on the printed sheets of paper and would start going apeshit when nothing happened, slamming the "link" on the page over and over. Thought people itt might appreciate that story.

I remember being in highschool and staying awake for ~30 hours to finish some final report and wondering why my printed gifs didn't animate, staring glassily at the paper for what must have been a while.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Barudak posted:

if you've got joints

There's your answer.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Marmaduke! posted:

hel yeah dude's rock

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Finally! A day for men!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The CEO came up from Florida to "show his gratitude" for the IT team working through the pandemic.

This gratitude took the firm of a backpack, a couple shirts, a couple water bottles, and two $25 gift cards for each of us.

I feel so special. Just like I do when I get the annual birthday email "from" him that's a single sentence, doesn't mention me by name in the body, and ends with a period.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Our work uses men's day as a way to bring up men's health issues, loneliness and isolation, and the support they can offer for single male parents and carers. It's quite nice.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

goatface posted:

Our work uses men's day as a way to bring up men's health issues, loneliness and isolation, and the support they can offer for single male parents and carers. It's quite nice.

are you a lonely and isolated dude?

have you considered internet message boards??

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I have a work station right smack in the middle of my lab (not my actual office), from which I can see every one of my reports at their various spots. I kind of inherited the spot from a previous employee who's responsibilities I took on. I used to joke and call it the command center because of the guy's personality and now I have become the very thing that I used to get irate about. I stack a bunch of poo poo up around me and keep my headphones on and don't look up much so my reports don't feel surveilled. Also if I need to speak with any of them I have a hard rule with myself about never calling them to come to my work station, I always go to them.

At the call center I used to work at, it was literally just called the command center, which was an admittedly generous term for "literal elevated lookout nest run by a clique of adult hall monitors."

Apropos of nothing, I find the fact that this thread went from "stupid rules about Zoom calls resulting from clueless management bumbling through the transition to work-from-home" to a bunch of deranged anti-vax morons bringing their idiot beliefs into the workplace hilarious sad a dark microcosm of our hellish timeline.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Marmaduke! posted:

I hope you work at a condom factory, otherwise :yikes:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cthulu Carl posted:

The CEO came up from Florida to "show his gratitude" for the IT team working through the pandemic.

This gratitude took the firm of a backpack, a couple shirts, a couple water bottles, and two $25 gift cards for each of us.

I feel so special. Just like I do when I get the annual birthday email "from" him that's a single sentence, doesn't mention me by name in the body, and ends with a period.

It's amazing how for-profit businesses don't understand that people want money.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

goatface posted:

My old company just told everyone to wear blue and then at lunch (which the department head mandated be taken at a very specific time for everyone) the executive assistant would try to convince anyone wearing blue to be in a department Men's Day picture. No one gave a gently caress and it was like the same five people every year.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Marmaduke! posted:

It’s also World Toilet Day, which is oddly fitting

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

curlys gold posted:

are you a lonely and isolated dude?

have you considered internet message boards??

Buddy,

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Outrail posted:

It's amazing how for-profit businesses don't understand that people want money.

Lol he was talking about making us a more desirable place to work. But only in regards to the remodeling that's happened at all our offices and NOT by paying workers more.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Scientastic posted:

It’s also World Toilet Day, which is oddly fitting

And on that day, we exercise our freedom to leave the seat up.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

goatface posted:

It’s also very useful to be aware of the date for when a chud starts whining “Why isn’t there an international men’s day??”

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Extra row of tits posted:

It’s also very useful to be aware of the date for when a chud starts whining “Why isn’t there an international men’s day??”
Unfortunately, the chud is absolutely going to just explain to you why no actually that doesn't count or why it's still not equal or whatever the gently caress.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I know, but at least it tips that he’s a chud.. and not the good type

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Enfys posted:

people are faking vaccine cards and getting caught as well as scammed

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/11/fake-covid-vaccine-cards-scams

i could of hallucinated, but I think I saw an article where a legit doctor would issue you a 'fake' card, if you just get a shot of this saline.

and of course they got the real stuff.

i can't google anything, so I may have dreamt it.

I'm sure it'd be hugely illegal, and a health violation, but it'd be pretty funny.

HAH! Thanks. I'm not crazy.

They should do it like a hidden camera show.

"YOU'VE JUST BEEN VAXXED" and watch the break downs.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 19, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That happened in Greece.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

absolutely amazing... i hope they got to keep the bribes.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Wendigee posted:

absolutely amazing... i hope they got to keep the bribes.

I mean, all the paperwork has been filled out, including any disclaimers. There'd have to be actual video of the doctor taking cash or check from the anti-vaxxer, likely with both of them clearly saying for the video "This is a bribe for a fake shot", for it to be legally actionable. And even then I wouldn't be surprised that getting that far opens up the anti-vaxxer to potential trouble, socially and/or with their employer at the very least if not legally.

Article says the police declined to follow up on the complaints, and mainly they were relying on inspectors going "Don't do this, you can get in trouble if you're somehow caught and it can cause image problems for doctors all over the place."

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Improbable Lobster posted:

My union contract includes stuff like no security cameras pointed at staff and no overlooking offices like that. There's several buildings of ours that have an extra office that isn't used because no one wants to use them when their windows are covered like they're supposed to be

We're multinational, so god bless the German Worker's Councils. We can't automatically collect any data on computer usage that can be used for disciplinary purposes. Not is. Not will be. Can. That slow rolled a global rollout of a very useful monitoring and troubleshooting by a few months. And as an SME they made sure I was extremely clear on what data I can and cannot release to a manager - not very loving much.

Barudak posted:

Its too late, he will go to the Bonenkai since its before reviews. Apparently last year he ordered all the expensive scotch and singlehandedly blew out the tab

The ad agency once did a spa weekend. Apparently at Saturday night's open bar I managed 25% of the total for sixty people with top shelf Scotch. The CFO tried to give me a hard time, but I just looked him in he eye and asked if they ever figured out how spa security's golf cart ended up in the pool.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

How's the backpack?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

gwarm01 posted:

How's the backpack?

It's actually kinda decent and has a hardshell pocket for glasses. Also a Yeti tumbler, so I guess that's less of a kick in the dick than I expected?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's actually kinda decent and has a hardshell pocket for glasses. Also a Yeti tumbler, so I guess that's less of a kick in the dick than I expected?

On the other hand, if they gave you more money that could be exchanged for any number of goods and services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

On the other hand, if they gave you more money that could be exchanged for any number of goods and services

*Rubs fingers and thumb together*