Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It was only inevitable, dude's like a bunch of reddit stereotypes mashed together.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

List of industries that haven't had a sexual assault scandal:

There's Foodtube, I guess? (But I feel like it won't be long before a big name like Babish or Joshua Weismann get outed)

Wasn't the Italian dude from the talk trying to pivot when he got accused?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
There was the whole Bon Appetit thing but that was less sexual assault and more boggling amounts of racism

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Hmmm, maybe paleontology is free from sexual assault.

(I doubt it)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
mario batalli

i could have sworn bobby flay did but i cant remember specifics

just seems in character for him

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i once eavesdropped on the Epic Meal Time guy and he said frat dudes would offer up their gf's but he didnt want to catch an accusation so yeah

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

(I doubt it)

Assuming it's like other sciences and male dominated, no way is it sinless.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Alan Smithee posted:

i once eavesdropped on the Epic Meal Time guy and he said frat dudes would offer up their gf's but he didnt want to catch an accusation so yeah

Wait...are they insinuating they would get some kind of an assault allegation because "bitches be crazy"? Because that's what that sounds like aaaaaand yikes

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Aces High posted:

Wait...are they insinuating they would get some kind of an assault allegation because "bitches be crazy"? Because that's what that sounds like aaaaaand yikes

It may be more like hey I don't know if this girl is in an abusive relationship and maybe she's being pressured by this guy to hook up with me so I'd rather not risk it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Assuming it's like other sciences and male dominated, no way is it sinless.

I hear the senior academics in the field are a real bunch of dinosaurs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Darth Walrus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M&ab_channel=AndrewL

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Charlz Guybon posted:

This isn't Hollywood, but it's important. A huge sexual assault scandal has been rocking the NHL for a while and there's a big thread in the sports forum about it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3971794&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

You can assume anything male dominated is going to be one big festival of sexual assault.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

It may be more like hey I don't know if this girl is in an abusive relationship and maybe she's being pressured by this guy to hook up with me so I'd rather not risk it.

That's how I read it too.

Darth Walrus posted:

heyooooo

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I would just as well not accept a woman "offered up" to me because why even be involved in any of the hosed up dynamics there.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

mario batalli

i could have sworn bobby flay did but i cant remember specifics

just seems in character for him

Yeah, but those are TV guys. I'm talking about chefs who are on YouTube, such as the two I mentioned earlier.

EDIT: By the way, Adam Ragusea (another Foodtuber) made a video about Mario Batalli last year.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 19, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I would just as well not accept a woman "offered up" to me because why even be involved in any of the hosed up dynamics there.

However, people did keep leaving Epic Meal Time because he wasn't sharing money from their videos.

Yes, I know this isn't on the level of being a rapist or sex pest, but he's still a poo poo

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This also isn’t Hollywood, and it isn’t the USA. I feel like it’s appropriate for the thread, though

https://twitter.com/ajitpai/status/1461495262933889029?s=21

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

However, people did keep leaving Epic Meal Time because he wasn't sharing money from their videos.

Yes, I know this isn't on the level of being a rapist or sex pest, but he's still a poo poo

Oh is that what was happening? Out of curiosity I checked out if they were still going and their viewer count is in the toilet. That's a massive drop off for those guys once the food challenge fad died out.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It was only inevitable, dude's like a bunch of reddit stereotypes mashed together.

Well, guess I'm never watching stuff from him again.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

Oh is that what was happening? Out of curiosity I checked out if they were still going and their viewer count is in the toilet. That's a massive drop off for those guys once the food challenge fad died out.

The thing is, my brother watches this guy who is a competitive eater

https://m.youtube.com/c/Beardmeatsfood

His views are still doing well. I think continuously alienating cast members really hurt Harley. It wasn't just him drawing in people. He and a fella named Ameer are the only originals left.
I think he thought it'd be a springboard for him to do movies, and it's mostly been small parts in Kevin Smith movies.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 19, 2021

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

(I doubt it)

Absolutely not. There are big problems because men still run like 90% of the digs and those digs are out in really isolated places.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Babish sucks, watch J. Kenji Lopez-Alt or Chef John instead

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Adam Ragusea is my favorite, he's very wholesome, does research and interviews and properly credits and gives citation to information he uses, has experimental things as well as practical ones and educational videos, very well edited.

Only mark I have against him is he honest to God seems obsessed with his own weight and it is demoralizing as a fat person to see this completely normal looking somewhat muscular guy constantly talk about how he needs to lose a few pounds. It's fine if he feels insecure about himself but I wish he'd leave that pondering off camera.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Adam Ragusea is my favorite, he's very wholesome, does research and interviews and properly credits and gives citation to information he uses, has experimental things as well as practical ones and educational videos, very well edited.

Highly recommend his cast iron pizza recipe wait what thread is this

https://youtu.be/uYxB4QBlrx4

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Only mark I have against him is he honest to God seems obsessed with his own weight and it is demoralizing as a fat person to see this completely normal looking somewhat muscular guy constantly talk about how he needs to lose a few pounds. It's fine if he feels insecure about himself but I wish he'd leave that pondering off camera.

As a fellow fat person, I think it's fine if he has his own body issues and is open about them. He's a personality-driven YouTuber doing food content that frequently addresses the science and nutrition behind said food, so addressing his own relationship with food makes perfect sense in that context, and I've never seen him be judgemental or critical of other people for their habits or choices.

I do sometimes wish he'd be a little more selective with his sponsorships, though.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Ragusea is solid. My pet peeve is "... the sponsor of this video. Let's thank them! [Promo]". I know thanking a sponsor is a common thing but it's the wording. You are doing an ad for money. It's not that they decided to just give you money and you do an ad as an unprompted unexpected act of gratitude.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/enews/status/1460712325481127945?s=21

https://twitter.com/makvest/status/1460666599032066052?s=21

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1460964473267707910?s=21

Can’t even touch a child no more

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Campaign? Campaign? That fucker is running for something? What the ever loving gently caress?!

He wasn't even allowed on the show anymore after everyone found out he covered up what his son did. Now he's running for office? I mean, state office on Arkansas, but still.

gently caress.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

thrawn527 posted:

Campaign? Campaign? That fucker is running for something? What the ever loving gently caress?!

He wasn't even allowed on the show anymore after everyone found out he covered up what his son did. Now he's running for office? I mean, state office on Arkansas, but still.

gently caress.
He was already a member of the Arkansas state House of Representatives. He tried to cash in on that with a run for the US Senate but lost. He then ran for state senate and lost again. When he was in office he was vice chair of corrections and criminal law subcommittee, so yeah.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

gently caress.

Where better for a pedophile than an elected office in the GOP?

The fact that this piece of poo poo has kids is tragic.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CPL593H posted:

Where better for a pedophile than an elected office in the GOP?

The fact that this piece of poo poo has kids is tragic.

20. He has 20 kids. That’s his whole deal.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

gently caress.

In a few years time half of the voters in his district will be Duggars. All according to plan.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

20. He has 20 kids. That’s his whole deal.

Oh I know about Jim Bob. I was talking about his chomo son.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CPL593H posted:

Oh I know about Jim Bob. I was talking about his chomo son.

Oh. Yeah, they’re still working on they’re brood.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

They’re at 7 right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kevin Spacey loses arbitration and has to pay $31 million for breach of contract due to his sexual harassment.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Wasn't that the site that turned out didn't actually have any women on it? Or am I thinking of a different dating/cheating website?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Only 1,492 of the women in the database had ever opened their inboxes to check their messages on the site. That's compared with more than 20 million men.

Only 2,409 of the women had ever used the site's chat function, versus more than 11 million men.

Only 9,700 of the women had ever responded to a message from another person on the site, versus almost 6 million men. (This number was greater than the number of women who checked messages because it's possible to answer messages in bulk when you first visit the site, without ever opening your inbox.)

According to Business Insider.

The tweet does seem kind of reaching for something to be mad about. Which is weird since there's no shortage of legit grievances.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Only 1,492 of the women in the database had ever opened their inboxes to check their messages on the site. That's compared with more than 20 million men.

Only 2,409 of the women had ever used the site's chat function, versus more than 11 million men.

Only 9,700 of the women had ever responded to a message from another person on the site, versus almost 6 million men. (This number was greater than the number of women who checked messages because it's possible to answer messages in bulk when you first visit the site, without ever opening your inbox.)

According to Business Insider.

The tweet does seem kind of reaching for something to be mad about. Which is weird since there's no shortage of legit grievances.

Wait, so was it just super gay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, so was it just super gay?

Mostly bots i assume