Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
As a hunter main who never uses shatterdive in PvP I welcome any and all shatterdive PvP nerfs because it means that stuff I actually use is less likely to get nerfed (and may even get buffed). Seems like it's going to be a lot better in PvE, too. The changes overall are intriguing; looking forward to see how they feel in actual play.

e: TWAB link for new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wish they'd taken a harder line on getting frozen in pvp (it should never happen, it's the worst feeling to be completely immobile) but telling shatterdive fucksticks to piss off is a fair place to start I guess.

And lol that they think rally barricade is ever going to be viable in crucible.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
This is going to make the ability kills bounty in Iron Banner even more annoying. Getting a positive k/d with nothing but Skullfort will be nothing but a fond memory.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Removing/reducing 1 hit kill stuff in crucible is a great change regardless if shoulder charge wasn't OP. It had the same problem as being frozen where it's just incredibly unfun to get hit with.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

Regular raids are fine with pretty much whatever if you're running with an experienced group. A few encounters may be easier with a given setup, but none of them really require anything specific.

Master raids and some of the GM Nightfalls may require more specific builds, but even then you generally only need to sacrifice two combat style slots for Protective Light and a CWL builder and fill your chest armor with resistance mods.

Join the Overchill discord, we run multiple raids per week.

Thank you! I’m on PS5, so I haven’t joined that dis it’s even with cross play, but I can soon.

And good on Bungie for just making PvP and PvE stats be slightly different.

But lol at them just straight nerfing Tower Barricade (it didn’t mention that cool down time increase was PvP only) to try and get people to use rally barricade.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Overall it's a 5/10 imo.

Pros:
- Roaming supers getting a nerf
- Shatterdive is now useless in PvP
- Ability spam will be far less common

Cons:
- Spectral Blade getting put in the same tier as Winters Wrath? Are you kidding me? It's already one of the weakest supers in the game.
- loving with hunter doge cooldown

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 18, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Looks like middle tree hunter energy regen perks are untouched? BB Ophidia Spathe meta let's go

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Why is silence and squall in such a high regen tier? That thing is annoying as gently caress for damage and roaming area denial ability. Also lasts fuckin ages.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Why is silence and squall in such a high regen tier? That thing is annoying as gently caress for damage and roaming area denial ability. Also lasts fuckin ages.

Because it appears to me they rated supers based the ratio of supers cast to kills acquired, and tornado generally only gets one kill per use so obviously it's very weak!

Of course this ignores how it makes a quarter of the map unplayable for 12 seconds and forces everyone to flee for cover.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

RosaParksOfDip posted:

That stood out to me as well. Seems like they don't consider it a roaming super since it's not centered on the hunter, but for the reason that it lets the user reposition and continue doing gun/ability damage while the storm moves on its own, I feel like it can be worse than a roaming super in some cases. Plus it's first shot is instakill as well. Should definitely be higher in the list.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
RIP my Striker Titan R1 spam gambit build with that Knockout change.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

they killed shatterdive what the gently caress

We should trawl the net and collect a montage of shatterdive nerf reaction comments.

Honestly after the "return to gunplay" comments I'm expecting all our ability based builds to be "re-imagined" into oblivion regardless of class.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elysiume posted:

As a hunter main who never uses shatterdive in PvP I welcome any and all shatterdive PvP nerfs because it means that stuff I actually use is less likely to get nerfed (and may even get buffed). Seems like it's going to be a lot better in PvE, too. The changes overall are intriguing; looking forward to see how they feel in actual play.

e: TWAB link for new page
Actually the dodge changes sound very unfun, so I’m still interested to see how this plays out longer term but I’m really not looking forward to a 65% cooldown increase on gambler’s dodge plus it no longer breaking tracking.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Titans have shields
Warlocks have rifts
Hunters used to have dodge.

Time to play Titan exclusively I guess.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Titans have shields
Warlocks have rifts
Hunters used to have dodge.

Time to play Titan exclusively I guess.

By all means play titan but remember shoulder charges are now no longer one hit kills.

I guess the shield is more useful in PVE though.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

DancingShade posted:

By all means play titan but remember shoulder charges are now no longer one hit kills.

Yes, but have you considered Shayura's Wrath + peace keepers???

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Eat all the poo poo hunters

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i will miss the hatemail i got for skullforting about in crucible but it is a price i gladly pay for shatterdive becoming shitterdive

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

anyways congrats titans on the buff to peregrine greaves in pvp

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What exactly is “End Game” content? More specifically, at what point do I potentially need to sacrifice builds I like to be viable? I’ve never done a GM Nightfall, and only dungeon I’ve run is Prophecy. I want to run all the raids and stuff before WQ as well.

Currently about 1340 LL, but I’m really enjoying my Titan Ashen Wake build with Hawkmoon as my primary. If I want to go do DSC and Last Wish, am I going to be really struggling? Or is the difference between most builds and the “Bubble Titan or Well Lock only” groups a marginal difference?

The thing about raid bosses is you have a limited number of damage phases before the boss Enrages and wipes everyone. You need to spec towards damage boosting/team healing supers (bubble, well, tether) or maximizing your own damage output (cuirass thundercrash, nighthawk, nova bomb) to avoid this. You want to do the same for GM bosses just to kill them ASAP and avoid add waves/champ spawns.*

You also need to account for energy shield types and champions. Hawkmoon is fine (I’d go for Thorn or Crimson first though) when HC champ mods are in season but right now it’s a wasted slot especially since it’s also an exotic. Across your team you should have at least one option for each shield and champion, whether it’s weapons or abilities. And GMs lock your loadout so you have to make sure each piece of your build will work the whole way through. No wasted slots allowed!

Your build would probably work fine for most non-boss raid encounters, but GMs and raid bosses are not really the time for gimmicky/fun builds unless you’re a youtuber or otherwise know exactly what you’re doing.

*barring, of course, boss immunity phases and other special cases, thx Roctavian. bottom line is, "does this one build work for GMs" has many many answers depending on the GM!

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 19, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No longer friend with stasis.

Graviton forfeit is now my best friend.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh no not 4 seconds on my dodge

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Eat all the poo poo hunters

:hmmyes:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I will enjoy the forthcoming culling of the weak.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Because the rest of Revenant's kit is basically nonexistant for PvP now. The entire subclass now crutches on the super - which depending on the values is going to either be super broken (e.g. if it allows an additional use in relevant modes like Trials), or not enough to save the subclass. It's still not nearly as powerful as the top tier roaming supers.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the squall is the revenants complaining about shatterdive being nerfed, the silence is the light subclass players who never used it anyway

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBX posted:

Oh no not 4 seconds on my dodge

also yeah this

a lot of hunter players are acting like this is going to make dodge worthless, which... no???? im sorry y'all have to wait slightly longer between dodges but this isnt going to kill you

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Longer base cooldown and 50% effectiveness USK/Perpetuation means that Dodge Invis is getting hobbled but they seem to want more lane peeking primary duals now so permanent invis would be OP

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Kith posted:

also yeah this

a lot of hunter players are acting like this is going to make dodge worthless, which... no???? im sorry y'all have to wait slightly longer between dodges but this isnt going to kill you

It's a 60% longer cooldown on the dodge everyone uses in PvP. That's a pretty big deal. Dodge is still really good, especially on consoles since it breaks aim assist, but I feel like my TTD warlock's neutral game is now quite a bit stronger than any hunter subclass on PC.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Longer base cooldown and 50% effectiveness USK/Perpetuation means that Dodge Invis is getting hobbled but they seem to want more lane peeking primary duals now so permanent invis would be OP

It's just prepping us for an increase in weapon TTK's in the spring, along with a reduction in movement speed.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

xzzy posted:

It's just prepping us for an increase in weapon TTK's in the spring, along with a reduction in movement speed.

I already lived through Curse of Osiris once :negative:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Invis is more of an annoyance than good so anything that tones down the annoying factor is fine.

Elerion posted:

It's a 60% longer cooldown on the dodge everyone uses in PvP. That's a pretty big deal. Dodge is still really good, especially on consoles since it breaks aim assist, but I feel like my TTD warlock's neutral game is now quite a bit stronger than any hunter subclass on PC.

It's still 4 seconds no matter what percents you use. It'll be ok. People hardly use the best exotic, wormhusk crown anyway.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sounds like some subjective opinions presented as fact bro

Big picture though I don't think anyone can say this stuff is Good or Bad or whatever yet. Longer cooldowns are only half the equation and we barely know what they're actually doing to most abilities, mechanically

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RBX posted:

It's still 4 seconds no matter what percents you use. It'll be ok. People hardly use the best exotic, wormhusk crown anyway.
It’s 7 seconds (11 to 18), it’s no longer going to break tracking, and it affects PvE as well. Marksman’s dodge is a 3s nerf (11 to 14), but that’s not the dodge they were referring to.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 19, 2021

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Balancing out the abilities is a good step. Silence N Squall being one of the fastest returns is dumb. Still no adjustments to make rifts useful in PvP (as compared to the dodge or a barricade that hurts people when they cross into it) and an interesting change to HHSN that will be neat when it's not tied to Nova Warp.

The change to individual cool down adjustments is a pretty big one, though, as it should help with overall balancing down the line.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Delicious stasis lock pve buffs. Drknss4lyf

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
breaking out the grenade subtypes cooldown is really cool

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

J.A.B.C. posted:

Balancing out the abilities is a good step. Silence N Squall being one of the fastest returns is dumb. Still no adjustments to make rifts useful in PvP (as compared to the dodge or a barricade that hurts people when they cross into it)

rifts are already pretty good baseline in pvp and we have a couple of exotics that make them actually obscene (stag, booty rear end, empowered luna iykwyd.) gently caress squall not being slow recharge tier though, i'd take shatterdive staying unnerfed over squall charging faster than nova or thundercrash

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Glacial quake being considered T1 is maybe my favorite of the ridiculous super classifications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

the same for GM bosses just to kill them ASAP and avoid add waves

This post is all good advice but a small caveat that, in just a few situations like this week’s GM, cleaning adds can be higher priority because of the various invulnerability phases / add spawns connected to boss health / etc.

Most of the time you still want to burn down the fanatic ASAP but some team compositions are squishy and you gotta take out those sources of damage first