Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

JAMOOOL posted:

so I guess this is where the HEI subscription pays off huh

Yeah I hope this week has finally put an end to the "why am I paying for this" posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Joe Estevez's willingness to do whatever these guys want him to is probably the most endearing thing about this show

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

JAMOOOL posted:

Joe Estevez's willingness to do whatever these guys want him to is probably the most endearing thing about this show

Yeah I love their limited pool of talent to cast in their HEIlots too. I hope Joe is in all of them, I guess he wasn’t in rock house but whatever

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lolling at the green part of his jesters cap being keyed out

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Imagine trying to explain to the uninitiated why the reenactment scene in Xposed is so funny

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Decker
Dekkar
DKR
Deck Cards

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Deck of Cards is such an insanely inspired bit but it relies on 10 years of Gregg's character and knowing a little of the OC team's other projects (Vera is making an unlicensed movie about a trans Joker). It's absolutely impossible to explain to another person.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Who is Vera?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Vera Drew, she's an editor on the show (and I guess the director of this season?) as well as some other adjacent projects

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FOR THEIR OWN DENOMIC PURPOSES

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1461363793557004300?t=hUVHP60CY6p-DFWf3-aHuw&s=19

The Knave of Hearts?

Aka Jack of Hearts? Marvel already stealing Greg's ideas

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1461363793557004300?t=hUVHP60CY6p-DFWf3-aHuw&s=19

The Knave of Hearts?

Aka Jack of Hearts? Marvel already stealing Greg's ideas

Titans of the movie industry can’t keep their mitts off of Gregg’s IP. They’re lucky he’s a gentleman and reviews the movie without letting bias get in the way.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Joe Estevez in the Roswell reenactment is especially funny because Martin Sheen was in the 1990s Roswell TV movie. Although not as Mac Brazel (Dwight Yoakam played him there) but as the government coverup guy.

The Roswell TV movie is also funny because I'm pretty sure Stargate SG-1 reused the alien props/puppets from it as the Asgard.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Ingmar Terdman, CFB

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Mention that next time you're buying movie tickets.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Are you a film buff buff?

Which 3 movies do we know for sure have made Gregg choke up?

(hint: one of them stars Billy Dee Williams)

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Chairman Capone posted:

Joe Estevez in the Roswell reenactment is especially funny because Martin Sheen was in the 1990s Roswell TV movie. Although not as Mac Brazel (Dwight Yoakam played him there) but as the government coverup guy.

The Roswell TV movie is also funny because I'm pretty sure Stargate SG-1 reused the alien props/puppets from it as the Asgard.

loved that he did the reenactment while also being depicted as "the Deep State" as President Davison

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh posted:

Are you a film buff buff?

Which 3 movies do we know for sure have made Gregg choke up?

(hint: one of them stars Billy Dee Williams)

Time's up!

* Old Yeller
* Brian's Song (tv movies are still movies)
* Ghost

Revealed in Season 7 Episode 10

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I watched most of Once Upon A Time in Mexico (102 mins) last night and the whole movie was like an episode of Decker. Bad acting, bad writing (entire flashbacks that are out of context action scenes???), weird fade transitions and mediocre special effects that look really cheap in 4K. Throw in some rogue government agents and some racist-adjacent Mexican caricatures of corrupt politicians and drug cartels.....

A true popcorn classic. 5 bags of popcorn and a tiny pair of dark sunglasses to cover up Johnny Depps bleeding eyes.

e: Oh I forgot, long shoehorned into the plot guitar playing scenes!

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 22, 2021

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone remember this line from Gregg?

"________(movie) got good reviews, _______(other movie), mixed reviews."

It pops into my head more than any other line in the series but I can't remember the episode.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Isn't that Ant Man and Fantastic Four? I know he recuses himself but I thought he said something like that in the following Oscar special

E: My other thought is Skyfall and Jack Reacher

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

wuggles posted:

Deck of Cards is such an insanely inspired bit but it relies on 10 years of Gregg's character and knowing a little of the OC team's other projects (Vera is making an unlicensed movie about a trans Joker). It's absolutely impossible to explain to another person.

I totally agree, it's just what I signed up for but trying to explain why I find this stuff so funny to anyone has been totally fruitless so far.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

yesssss gregg still can't film for poo poo

"And?"

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Popcorn Shuffle was incredible. I love all of this so much. :)

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Gregg is just 10k $HEI from the top of the leaderboard, if you liked popcorn shuffle you owe it to him to throw 5k points his way

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc
and...

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
oh my god how did popcorn shuffle manage to be even worse than i expected, gregg is literally the worst at everything he does lolll
he just stands in front of an abandoned movie theater with a garbage bag full of popcorn and vhs tapes and expects that this will get him a tv show. i love it

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 25, 2021

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

it is amazing how much better of a film reviewer manuel is, it is honestly amazing he spends any time with either of them

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm blown away by Popcorn Shuffle

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc
Can't believe Gregg would allow the film archive to get butter all over it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Ooh-ah

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Manuel being noticeably better than these two in every dimension is so funny, solid chance that he dies in a horrible popcorn related accident within the next year.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

https://twitter.com/axiaofficial/status/1464051304263680006?t=duYLtCMGDW5pJuj9gIV8nA&s=19

Things are getting dark

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
lol at this entire twitter account

https://twitter.com/axiaofficial/status/1414996698833711108

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I don't know where they're going with the missing Toni bit but I can't wait to find out.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
voting for popcorn shuffle

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh