Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my secret to enjoying battle royales is to, not give a gently caress about winning them. or rather, redefine victory into it just being a deathmatch game where i'm happy with just getting lots of kills. because that's kinda what they are ultimately, is a bunch of individual deathmatch maps set in one big boring expanse, that you can roam between.

lots of them have quests that are like "get 10 kills in this location" and im like, guess that's the map i'm playing on today. a big part of that is just that, arena and deathmatch games mostly don't exist anymore so this is the next best thing. until, halo infinite came out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

and in the case of the ff7 one, it is very funny to me, to see all the areas from ff7r, downressed to run on a phone. its like playing the ps2 version of a ps4 remake of a psx game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Good luck killing that slug-ray

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i killed it, thank you. it dropped a mog bell which is, an absurdist item. a rare drop that summons, a special store after the match, that has exclusive items in it. like all the songs from the ff7r soundtrack, and jpgs of yuffie to use as your profile pic. i bought a chocobo egg, because i need a boy to breed my girl chocobo with (this game has chocobo breeding)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

Good luck killing that slug-ray

The new magic: the gathering set has a dope slug in it. Melts down everything around him and turns 'em into more slugs.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Slug is lit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

and in the case of the ff7 one, it is very funny to me, to see all the areas from ff7r, downressed to run on a phone. its like playing the ps2 version of a ps4 remake of a psx game

are you leon kennedy, ex-soldier?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wrong resident evil character. i think, i was thinking about ada wong when i chose that hairstyle

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Cool Shirtman can’t be a zoomer. No Hideo Kojima characters are zoomers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

But why don't I play an actual deathmatch game where when I die I can immediately start playing again instead of being kicked back to the lobby

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
No wait, the woman in Death Stranding that gives you a thumbs up when she reunites with her boyfriend and then hearts float up out of nowhere is probably a zoomer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But why don't I play an actual deathmatch game where when I die I can immediately start playing again instead of being kicked back to the lobby
you just queue again and go. but also, like i said what are you gonna play. dm has mostly fallen out of favor outside of cod which i don't want to play, halo which was Yikes up until this monday, and a bunch of indie mp games that no one plays. battle royales were, the last refuge for the non objective playing gamer

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://i.imgur.com/YlKRsbF.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/1c0PERt.mp4

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Sam, this is Cool Shirtman. For years after the Death Stranding I hid inside my bunker. I felt isolated and I didn't really form any connections with other people. I grew my own clothes and made my own food so I could go months without talking to anyone. But I started hearing about this Great Deliverer going around connecting people again so I decided to peek my head outside and see what the world looked like that you were travelling through. As it happens, a passing porter saw me and called out "Cool Shirt Man." I felt a sudden rush of dopamine, as if I had gotten 100 Likes at once, I was suddenly connected to humanity again and it felt amazing! With the Chiral Network you set up for me I can send my t-shirt designs to anyone in America and we can all share that feeling. It's like the threads in my shirts are the threads that are binding us together again. Thanks Sam.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So glad it is Friday which means more FFVII I get to play tonight!

Also I looked into a ton of those games suggested earlier and have made my collection of games to get through (95% I have never touched and the remaining 5% I have briefly booted up before distracting myself).

There are a lot. Really. A lot. Some on the list will make some of you very happy though. :) I just need to arrange them into some sort of order and then work my way through gaming fun times! !

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apex Legends is a good BR imho

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Pwnstar posted:

Sam, this is Cool Shirtman. For years after the Death Stranding I hid inside my bunker. I felt isolated and I didn't really form any connections with other people. I grew my own clothes and made my own food so I could go months without talking to anyone. But I started hearing about this Great Deliverer going around connecting people again so I decided to peek my head outside and see what the world looked like that you were travelling through. As it happens, a passing porter saw me and called out "Cool Shirt Man." I felt a sudden rush of dopamine, as if I had gotten 100 Likes at once, I was suddenly connected to humanity again and it felt amazing! With the Chiral Network you set up for me I can send my t-shirt designs to anyone in America and we can all share that feeling. It's like the threads in my shirts are the threads that are binding us together again. Thanks Sam.

Sam, it's Cool Shirtman again. 👋

Have you been wearing the Cool T-Shirt I gave you? It's no ordinary t-shirt! Not only does it keep you warm, but the print on the front is sure to put a smile on the face of any fellow porter you come across in your deliveries. 😀

Isn't making others smile the greatest rush you can feel? And it's sure to earn you plenty of likes! 👍

So please, Sam, wear my Cool T-Shirt and spread the love! 🙏

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 19, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it this shirt?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
He is also great in Doom Patrol.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Is it this shirt?

Great now I have to buy this.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"Slugray" is Pig Latin for "Rslug"

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

my contribution to the last five pages is that O-Rod is the zoomer who would kill us all Megaman style, and Multiversus looks better than it should. excited for Lillard-voiced Ultra Instinct Shaggy

(we met Lillard he's really funny)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbG3fsxE99o
Christmas cometh

(Should I buy AC Valhalla on Steam if I have AC Odyssey on PS4?)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

homeless snail posted:

so thats where the door texture came from

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

stev posted:

I guess that bigoted oval office is running low on cash again.

I assume you're talking about Doug TenNapel. Doesn't look like he's involved; Activision own the property and none of the names mentioned are his.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Activision's...not an improvement

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm dumb as hell and

a. didn't read the previous page before posting that
2. it's Interplay

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, any idea who’s voicing Jim in that “interview” video they put out (doesn’t sound like Dan at least)?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I tried playing some of the Vampire the Masquerade battle royale before the beta period ends in a few days.

I ran around the map for a while, hoovering up loot that was everywhere, then I died in my first fight. Matchmaking into the next round would take another 5 minutes so I uninstalled.

I continue to not "Get" battle royales, they seem to be the antithesis of a good time to me, even more than mobas

have you tried a good one instead

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[plays completely dead game] gah... a 5 minute matchmaking queue?? must be a br thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Always a sad day when I have to agree that Stux is right

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Grouchio posted:

(Should I buy AC Valhalla on Steam if I have AC Odyssey on PS4?)

Ain't even on steam. Ubisoft store and epic I think.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

have you tried a good one instead
might I suggest, final fantasy 7: the first soldier

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I need a squad to help me take down tonberry, because I assume it drops something real good but also, tonberry is the fastest hes ever been in a final fantasy game and does dbz style instant transmission to teleport behind your back with a knife

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

I need a squad to help me take down tonberry, because I assume it drops something real good but also, tonberry is the fastest hes ever been in a final fantasy game and does dbz style instant transmission to teleport behind your back with a knife

Nothin personnel cloud

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

homeless snail posted:

teleports behind you

"It's very personal, kid."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
SE is always finding new ways to make tonberries terrifying and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pwnstar posted:

Metis of the Hallways posted:

Sam, it's Cool Shirtman again. 👋

Have you been wearing the Cool T-Shirt I gave you? It's no ordinary t-shirt! Not only does it keep you warm, but the print on the front is sure to put a smile on the face of any fellow porter you come across in your deliveries. 😀

Isn't making others smile the greatest rush you can feel? And it's sure to earn you plenty of likes! 👍

So please, Sam, wear my Cool T-Shirt and spread the love! 🙏

too real lmao. I didn't even finish that game, didn't come close I don't think, and this is still causing flashbacks