Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

the same person merk wanted dead before his flip, and who you now want dead hopefully before yours

SPEAKING OF WHICH, merk and binus were pushing me before the missing N2 kill, so that theory of yours is bogus too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

alright yami, sure. just claim in masonry later. Private like. Sheesh.

toal I understand you can't really trust me but promise me you won't take yami to lylo after my flip

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

holy poo poo meen has charged their phone or something.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

my masons are dropping like flies.

suspicious huh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Come on, 'theres gotta be scum on the RF lunch' and 'im NOT CASING anynyan'

Pretty textbook wishy washing on an already weak binus d1.

lol saw this on the read through.

10/10

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

yami if you're scum I am gonna rock your world

I had a thought that I couldn't piece together and ended up stating a different theory earlier, but now while trying to sleep and failing I've realized how it fits together

for the record, I am Chucky, VT, which I'm gonna state here so you can't claim I'm camouflaging poo poo in my theory of what went down the night before

binus roleblocked me N2 (which would have no risk of failure because I CAN'T DO ANYTHING AT NIGHT ANYWAY) and figured that he stopped the SK kill
meanwhile, the actual SK hit Hum, which caused their BP to trigger, which made them start their gambit to try and catch the SK out

the only question this leaves is what the gently caress Hum was thinking by not using their dayvig, but I'm betting this is what happened to the missing kill

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I had a thought that I couldn't piece together and ended up stating a different theory earlier, but now while trying to sleep and failing I've realized how it fits together

for the record, I am Chucky, VT, which I'm gonna state here so you can't claim I'm camouflaging poo poo in my theory of what went down the night before

binus roleblocked me N2 (which would have no risk of failure because I CAN'T DO ANYTHING AT NIGHT ANYWAY) and figured that he stopped the SK kill
meanwhile, the actual SK hit Hum, which caused their BP to trigger, which made them start their gambit to try and catch the SK out

the only question this leaves is what the gently caress Hum was thinking by not using their dayvig, but I'm betting this is what happened to the missing kill

and of course, the cherry on top is that you started agreeing with binus after the missing kill happened, and are now just as artificially pushing my lunch

##vote yami

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so binus was pushing meen as an alternative to merk it looks like on my re-read:

b-minus1 posted:

I like meen deadmeat and beet for scum

b-minus1 posted:

What do you make of merks meen case

a couple that stood out. there wasn't a lot lol it's binus.

merk also pushing this d2. clearly.

binus took it into day 3 as well. is this just the 'stick on one target and tunnel' play?

a few others of interest, binus's town list, meen rates a mention again.

b-minus1 posted:

Yami is once again the voice of reason. Yami Toal, Maerlyn and bif are confirmed town imo. Two kills n1, one kill n1. Lets lunch humalong and then regardless of his alignment which will almost certainly be nontown, we lunch meen tomorrow.

b-minus1 posted:

##vote bif and we get meen tomorrow

switched to bif there after the tracker claim i think it was.

i'll keep thinking about this overnight.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

There is absolutely no goddamn way that Hum would not dayvidge me lmfao

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

hambeet posted:

holy poo poo meen has charged their phone or something.

I get charged when I have a case that sticks out as more than just pings

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

do you have a better explanation for why he self-destructed like that?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: Look on the bright side, Retro Futurist: you can't be accused of lurking anymore!

Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (8): Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Yami Fenrir, Ignatius M. Meen, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, t a s t e, hambeet

review of day 1 vote.

no real movement. bif, yami, meen, toalpaz and me left.

toalpaz is in the clear i feel. binus kept throwing shade at their mechanics of their case around merk too. i feel good about toalpaz

binus called bif town at one point but was pretty happy to flip to her when the tracker claim was brought out by hum. however hum was town and wouldn't have blatantly lied about seeing bif? however that conflicts with maerlyn flipped tracker's results. and the bus driver was dead.

actually this wrinkles my brain. hum flipped bulletproof...? so possibly other powers that weren't divulged... i'll come back to this later i think.

merk and binus seemed to have meen up as an alternate to merk. either they're flipping on their scum bud early, or they think that was an easy case to fake on the 'buried vote mid post' and stuck to it. so i'm not feeling meen at this stage.

so that leaves bif and yami (from my point of view, obvs) and i think i'll have to come back to that later because i'm literally to fatigued to even think about that.

i think i want to look at humalong again to see what else he said.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh i'm not saying the day 1 vote is gospel, i just think it's an interesting data point. i might scrap it completely too. who knows.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

i agree with this. i liked the theory, but bif is right. humalong would not have sat on a day vig and played a gambit claim about bif instead. he would have just shot her.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

do you have a better explanation for why he self-destructed like that?

I don't think anyone has a good explanation for why he'd pull that poo poo as town.

But once it didn't take? No way he'd keep sitting on that vidge even on his way out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so that suggests to me his bullet proof didn't trigger. he also would not have made poo poo up. so why the tracking of bif which contradicts maer?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I have a brief moment so I'll just put that out there that this is probably Mylo (If we don't hit SK or scum, we'll end up 1 SK + 1 scum vs 2 town) so we should probably full claim.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

the meta read you both have sure as gently caress would make more sense to me, but then that feeds into Yami's push about where the N2 kill went. SK hitting Hum makes sense, we know he had a stack of BP; if binus had jailed the SK for N2, it wouldn't explain why they died N3 since presumably they'd keep jailing the same person, and there wasn't any sort of limit I saw in binus' flip about the way they could jail people

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah Meen's gotta be the SK hey

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah Meen's gotta be the SK hey

if I were I'd have killed binus N1

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Meen, if you aren't SK, who do you think would be?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

*A tumbleweed blows by*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

the meta read you both have sure as gently caress would make more sense to me, but then that feeds into Yami's push about where the N2 kill went. SK hitting Hum makes sense, we know he had a stack of BP; if binus had jailed the SK for N2, it wouldn't explain why they died N3 since presumably they'd keep jailing the same person, and there wasn't any sort of limit I saw in binus' flip about the way they could jail people

look grandpa beet's semi annual mafia game means i keep forgetting role functions. would jailing a night kill target protect them?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'd feel deadmeet for last scum and sk mmm let me think more.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm sorry meen, vanilla town aren't alerted when they're protected or blocked, because they take no action. Usually. There's no way you should know for certain.
:shobon:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

I am sus of voo doo personally

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Meen, if you aren't SK, who do you think would be?

I believe based on how you've been doing the same thing as binus and merk, plus how I got pings from Bif earlier in the game that it is very likely Bif. It could also be you and Bif is the last scum, but that wouldn't really matter a lot. I do not believe I've been unclear about this. I haven't looked at other options yet only 'cause nothing's stuck out more

Yami Fenrir posted:

*A tumbleweed blows by*

I had to actually sleep eventually. self-study is cool and chill but I have to still show up for it in the morning

Toalpaz posted:

I'm sorry meen, vanilla town aren't alerted when they're protected or blocked, because they take no action. Usually. There's no way you should know for certain.
:shobon:

this is why it's a theory, I don't have any proof other than Yami being suspiciously certain about binus having a good reason for pushing me after the missing N2 kill. it makes a lot more sense to me if Yami was scum with binus, and the missing night kill was attributed to a successful roleblock, than it does for Yami to try and claim that a scum case on me was actually cool and good for a third run

hambeet posted:

look grandpa beet's semi annual mafia game means i keep forgetting role functions. would jailing a night kill target protect them?

in the one-and-only game so far I was scum in, I was a jailer and yeah, I could not jail the same person chosen for NK. can't properly say if/how that transfers to this game though as the person who ran that game isn't with us anymore

gonna take a look at the last thoughts of deceased town to see if I get any other ideas

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

hambeet posted:

Oof.

I'm just a simple creature from another dimension and am vanilla as hell.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

they shortened my training today so I'm trying to make it through that before I worry about checking the reads of dead town, but I did realize there's a chance that the SK and binus targeted the same person, which would explain hum not using/having a vig and the missing kill as the jail protected the target from the SK. normally this would be an incredible stroke of bad luck that wouldn't be worth mentioning but of the alternatives it definitely makes more sense than my prior theory

this doesn't change my read of Yami pushing me as of right now but it does help me pull back a bit and get better footing

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami not claiming here is suspicious given what we already know, because it clears some things up.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Okay so here's why Meen is very likely to be the SK (long case, tl;dr at the end):

Day 1 already there's surprisingly little. This is the most I can find:

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'll volunteer! late since I saw you're already going for merk tonight but hey! that probably increases the chance you'll visit me later :haw:

content - I agree RF's pushes are suspicious, might as well put down my vote in case I forget to check the thread more before deadline. ##vote RF if you put a gun to my head about the other picks so far for scum->town it'd be sand/binus/Deadmeat/Maerlyn but so far they only look a few shades off from each other so not exactly thrilled about picking one of 'em right now

People pointed it out before but this is an overexplained +1 vote. With a bunch of extra names tossed in that don't seem to be elaborated on, ever. It's still a vote with little to no responsibility attributable to Meen.

Day 2 is pretty much a wash - really lurky but a lot of "agreed, x and y" are kinda sus statements. Not suspicious in a vacuum but keep it in mind later.

Day 3 is where it gets interesting. Starting with the first vote:

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

so we have a tracker claim who didn't claim right away and visited the same person twice over two nights vs a VT claim who first claimed they did nothing, then claimed they only killed the person the tracker saw them visit the first night, then claimed their role and went back to their first claim saying they wanted to pull off a gambit too

....sorry bif but seriously!! ##vote Bifauxnen

if it makes you feel any better Hum's next if you flip town and even if you don't, they're not in the clear

Again, pretty much overexplained. Also note, again, the bloodthirstiness at the end.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

with the pings I got between Hum/Bif/Yami and the soft confirmation from Toal about Bif I'm pretty comfortable putting Hum at -1. ##vote Humalong

Neither of these votes really attribute any responsibility to Meen. So, overall, Meen has been doing his level best to coast and look like they're contributing, but they have done pretty much no scum hunting while being on the popular votes. But... then this happens.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I like this case and it explains the pings I was getting ##vote Bif

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

##vote hum let's get this flip done

This, right here, is where Meen hosed up, in my opinion. to begin with, it's a generic "ping", which says nothing, secondly. It's also, once again, a +1 vote. But more damnable, take a look at the progression between these posts. It starts from a "damning track" on bif. Then, we learn that Hum is lying, so they vote hum. But after a single SK case from toal, they jump right back onto bif.

Literally five minutes after the case. Does this look like townie behavior to you? I don't think so.

I think much rather than being convinced Meen just wanted an excuse to vote bif. The fact that we'd then execute Hum afterwards would have been a massive bonus to him.

So: Let's briefly recap. So far, Meen has been coasting like crazy, went along with pretty much only easy votes and hasn't really been scumhunting at all.

Day 4... is where things become much clearer.

Notice how much more active Meen is all of a sudden. Whats different from the other days? Well, someone actually drew attention to it. If you actually think back on things, Meen has always been pretty quick to +1 vote stuff, hasn't he?

Any way, take an actual look at what Meen is doing.

Firstly he's attacking the people casing him.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

yes, funny that, two scum both calling me scum and yet not going for a night kill on me. almost like they wanted me to be a tempting mislunch

Secondly, he's coming out swinging:

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

on the one hand I'm a little annoyed that I don't have the chance to case binus on their slip yesterday that became a red-handed catch after Hum's flip, on the other this saves town some work

it's bif or yami. possibly both of them are last scum/sk

Let's actually think about the latter for a second. Specifically, regarding Bif. Let's think back to Day 3, where we now know Maer tracked Bif nowhere. This means a) Bif was not jailed and b) B- was jailing someone. Going by their obsessive push on Meen, we can deduce that Meen was very likely to be the Jail target, on a night with a missing kill.

This means in a game of 15 players, where we have two killing roles that killed twice (and no claimed vig), the killing role is probably 3p. The non-town count is probably 3 scum + 1 SK. There is a possibility of a 4th scum but I do not see it as likely (Town would be in a losing situation incredibly fast). Let's also keep in mind how bif was the alternate lunch to Merk. The combination of these factors make me thing it's very unlikely that bif is scum.

So... The only thing that's left there is a remaining suspicion of Bif being the SK. Except, Bif was tracked nowhere and not jailed. Thinking critically Bif would have had to specifically withheld her kill that night.

Overall, this post just reeks of a complete lack of critical thought town should have at this point of the game. But, notice what Meen is thinking VERY critically about :

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

nah, I think this was an idea all three of you had to see if you could talk town into lunching me

lmao if that were the case why the gently caress wouldn't they have hit me for NK?

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

binus jailed the SK, that's how he knew Toal's theory that hum was the roleblocker was wrong and why there was no SK kill N2. try again

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Reasons why Meen can't be the SK. That is what Meen is actually thinking about. A bunch of convoluted scenarios (Like Bif withholding the kill, or SK hitting one of the people probably on the chopping block, him not being jailed or him being the NK target) to distract from the simple one:

That he was jailed.

##vote Meen

tl;dr: Meen coasts a lot, joins only bandwagon votes, shows a "doesn't really care who dies" mentality, gets aggressive when pushed and far more thought and effort is put into defending themselves than hunting Scum/SK. The fact that b- was heavily signaling that they jailed Meen is basically just the cherry on top.

Therefore, Meen = SK or at least scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Therefore, Meen = SK or at least scum.

Don't oversell it, meen has to be sk or town. It makes no sense for scum to bus and jail meen.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Don't oversell it, meen has to be sk or town. It makes no sense for scum to bus and jail meen.

... so much for critically thinking myself!

You are right.

Anyway, I'm Doctor Jekyll, the... Doctor.

I can give targets if you wish, but I'd prefer not to due to role restrictions.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

were you jailed n1 or not?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

were you jailed n1 or not?

I was not. It probably was Maerlyn that was jailed N1.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Which is probably why they instantly knew to target her.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

You agreed with me that you would kill bif, given that it looked like Humalong knew bif was sk didn't you? You were adamant about that.

I am thinking there is no reason to agree with me there yesterday when you know you probably stopped a kill.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also kill flavor seems to actually matter this game.

Remember this post?

I'm posted this I wanted to hint at the fact that I know something was different.

Because I targeted Maerlyn N3. Scum used a Juggernaut on her. The Maer kill was very much deliberate.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

You agreed with me that you would kill bif, given that it looked like Humalong knew bif was sk didn't you? You were adamant about that.

I am thinking there is no reason to agree with me there yesterday when you know you probably stopped a kill.

I was I would vote bif if hum was a) town and b) had a reason to know Bif was SK.

Hum did not have a reason to know.

Also I can tell you for sure that I did not stop a kill N2. I don't want to go into why, but I did not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:thunk: