Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
you can place it in your house just to get it out of your inventory. I think that's the only available option while they are still dealing with the dupe they had on EU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Our company data miners/spreadsheet lovers crunched a bunch of numbers.

Even being in full luck gear, trophies and flagged for pvp your luck is actually down by 9.7% percent from the nerfs when it comes to getting higher GS armour and weapons.

Lol and lmao

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

I'm doing the watermarking because the brainworms demand it, and the New War doesn't come out in Warframe until December.

So they fixed some elite mobs that respawned quickly to respawn slower, now instead of a 1m timer its a 2m timer. Running outside an area to trick the game into respawning elites faster is now defined as an exploit so you can report people doing it. So you stand around killing one elite spawn for around 200+ hours.

Myrkguard an area people used to farm in 10 man groups, has been buffed that it requires 20-30 players now. Open world bosses there 2 shot tanks now. Corruption ticks from the portals can nearly one shot people. And when your in a zerg of people larger than 5 people, you get less drops. And now elite chests drop maybe 1-2 items instead of multiple.

They want you to now run larazus it's a dungeon, which requires you to craft a tuning orb, and you can craft it once a week. Players no longer invite people to join groups, they now sell the slots to other people so they can do the dungeon and they get their money. It's one of the most backwards wacky progression system ever.

Since the game doesn't keep track of your watermark. The easy way is to hold one of every single equipable item in the game or you have to make... spreadsheets. I've heard that all armor is shared and that all armor isnt shared. So you have to get light, medium, heavy helmet drops to level up those watermarks. It doesn't feel like they share watermark so I have no loving clue. So you got 15 for all your armor parts, 3 for shields and then something in 12 different weapons to keep track of. The best way to describe it is new world watermarking is life getting 30 destiny characters to the current light level to be of any value.

Fast travel cost is determined by your weight. Well with all these items in your inventory you basically can no longer fast travel. Leaving the end game mountain is no longer a choice.

So far what I have seen I don't think any sane person would do, so have mercy on me and my soul.

Also since the new weapon came out and it starts at GS 500, so even if you were at GS 591 or 600 for everything else, you basically restart your entire grind because there is no target farming of anything and now the pool of potential drops just increased by 1. Even then it's even worse because your gonna get a ton of the 29 items you already grinded. This is getting pretty heavy into the Korean/Asian MMO spaces of unlimited grinding.

hate to say it but lol and lmao

whats everyone playing? im extremely bored and the weekend is starting

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I am waiting on Total Warhammer III coming out. But that's in like three plus months.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

was waiting a long time for synthetik 2 and it's pretty dope, it's not even close to done though

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Cutedge posted:

I logged into Placenta earlier tonight and there was no faction chat whatsoever. I went and logged out and looked at the server stats and all but like 5 servers in US West were listed as low population.

When the dupes started coming hot and heavy about a month ago I decided to take a breather. I worried that honest trading might end up conflated with duping (given all of the inventory related bugs that had occurred it seemed possible) and didn't want to risk a ban, lol and lmao. Seeing that the watermark treadmill ended up busted I think it'll be a while still before I boot the game back up again.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol and lmao

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

triple sulk posted:

lol and lmao

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cutedge posted:

New World: This is an embarrassing mistake that is squarely our fault - lol and lmao

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Cutedge posted:

I logged into Placenta earlier tonight and there was no faction chat whatsoever. I went and logged out and looked at the server stats and all but like 5 servers in US West were listed as low population.

Yea lol it's been like that for at least a week

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I leveled to 42 and didn't make it any farther. wanted to enjoy this game, but the lag, bugs, exploits, and just the dumb repetative grind you have to do burned me out.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

you can place it in your house just to get it out of your inventory. I think that's the only available option while they are still dealing with the dupe they had on EU

You can then drop it on the floor from the house or something according to the post they made.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Might just come back to use the musket exploit to level until they patch it and create a new one

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RisqueBarber posted:

Halo Infinite multiplayer just dropped a few days ago and it’s free. :getin:

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

RisqueBarber posted:

I'm trying EQ2 again for the first time in ages. I'm a level 45 berserker with a berserker mercenary, and I'm able to kill poo poo pretty fast.

It's a lot of fun, just gaining levels/abilities/gear and loving around with AA points. I know this isn't long term so I'm enjoying it for what it is. I'll prob roll an alt or two when I get bored then uninstall.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Numberwang!!! posted:

I'm trying EQ2 again for the first time in ages. I'm a level 45 berserker with a berserker mercenary, and I'm able to kill poo poo pretty fast.

It's a lot of fun, just gaining levels/abilities/gear and loving around with AA points. I know this isn't long term so I'm enjoying it for what it is. I'll prob roll an alt or two when I get bored then uninstall.

EQ2 and city of heroes will always have a place in my heart for having the mentor ability where you can basically group with anyone.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

play MWO and shoot hot laser loads into rock hard robots

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do I need to be wary of rando's coming up to me and trading me a single piece of food? I'm just thinking, if it was duped, I could get banned. Someone tried to trade me a single meal and I declined for this reason... but also why would I need that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

Do I need to be wary of rando's coming up to me and trading me a single piece of food? I'm just thinking, if it was duped, I could get banned. Someone tried to trade me a single meal and I declined for this reason... but also why would I need that.

Yeah, sounds like someone trying to take as many people down with them as possible.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

GoGoGadget posted:

Yeah, sounds like someone trying to take as many people down with them as possible.

Luck they fixed the whole "can't refuse donations" I guess.

...They did fix that right? Right?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I was wrong about this game ever being good.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

the funniest part to me is that even though I consciously understand there is no meaningful difference between 520 faction gear and perfectly-perked GS600 armor drops (named GS600 BiS drops like Fury notwithstanding) I'm still like, "man gently caress this watermark grind change. if they can't get the server merges working so I can play outpost rush again what's the point" so I get why a lot of people hate that change too even though it doesn't actually matter

at first I thought it really was like a Skyrim-experience with optional pvp but in reality the gathering sucks poo poo now and forever: you can't actually gather anything that matters without doing Last Oasis style timing nodes for respawns and hoping that no one else shows up; unlike last oasis quality node hunting, you can't actually kill the people you're competing with for farming since 90% of the playerbase is pure pve, maybe the luck-on-flag changes fix that.

so if you want any serious amount of starmetal, or enough ori nodes to get the ori raredrops, or enough wirefiber to finish your weaving grind, or pretty much anything T4+, gooooood fuckin luck finding enough nodes that aren't already gathered (and I say this on a dead-rear end server where I'm pretty sure I'm mostly competing with my own company so I can only imagine what it's like on the med/high pop servers)

post-merge if I can't get into outpost rush within 5-10 minutes of logging in during primetime I'm probably just going to take a longass break unless my company does like, daily wars again like the first few weeks of release, which I also can't imagine since the only thing worse than the watermark grind is the pvp faction influence grind to kick off a war, but at least in theory you can take 50-60 people and can grind that poo poo out in 90 minutes if the defending faction just rolls over.

otherwise guess I'm waiting for the next expansion or something because the pvp is the only thing worthwhile to do in this game and there just isn't enough people willing to put up with the many many hurdles in front of it, understandably so

...or maybe I finally max fishing and then take a break, whatever

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Cutedge posted:

New World: This is an embarrassing mistake that is squarely our fault

New thread title please. :rubby:

Thanks to whoever on the last page reminded me that Warframe is cool and good.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
dear ags, plz use at least one 'lol, lmao' in one of your official posts, ty tia

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Tempora Mutantur posted:

so if you want any serious amount of starmetal, or enough ori nodes to get the ori raredrops, or enough wirefiber to finish your weaving grind, or pretty much anything T4+, gooooood fuckin luck finding enough nodes that aren't already gathered (and I say this on a dead-rear end server where I'm pretty sure I'm mostly competing with my own company so I can only imagine what it's like on the med/high pop servers)

post-merge if I can't get into outpost rush within 5-10 minutes of logging in during primetime I'm probably just going to take a longass break unless my company does like, daily wars again like the first few weeks of release, which I also can't imagine since the only thing worse than the watermark grind is the pvp faction influence grind to kick off a war, but at least in theory you can take 50-60 people and can grind that poo poo out in 90 minutes if the defending faction just rolls over.

Im on Camelot and aside from easy Ori nodes like the ship in RS its really not that bad and OPR is popping non-stop.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The sad thing is that the combat is fun, the gathering and crafting is was fun up to like lvl 100 before the patch, but just everything about the game sucks in the endgame. I just have to wonder how they hosed it up so badly.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Tenzarin posted:

I just have to wonder how they hosed it up so badly.

Somewhere in Amazon Game Studios' parking lot, John Smedley prepares to apply another MMO kill mark decal to the side of his Ford Taurus.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Being an ex-amazon employee, I wonder how many kaizens have occurred since launch.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

BadLlama posted:

play MWO and shoot hot laser loads into rock hard robots

If you enjoy New World you'll definitely enjoy MWO since both games managed to run off most of their playerbase through an impressive combination of incompetence and poor direction. There might have been more cocaine involved with MWO though.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Hey guys I got a idea to save our game

*take massive bong rip*

*unzips pants and shits all over the place*

make everything take 3x longer to do lmao

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

luck-on-flag has absolutely changed gathering in a massive way and 90% of gatherers are flagged, 100% on my faction. one of our main gathering guys went from 2 void ore a day to 10. it is not small.

it has also led to some hilarious world pvp, small and large. last night we had a group of 100ish at myrk for chests while green had a group of 40ish at mines, with a purple gank squad of about 15 skulking around, and there was plenty of fuckery in all directions

it wont last, but people who have played this genre before shouldnt expect it to

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Vorenus posted:

If you enjoy New World you'll definitely enjoy MWO since both games managed to run off most of their playerbase through an impressive combination of incompetence and poor direction. There might have been more cocaine involved with MWO though.

I only played it briefly when it came out and have just started getting back into it.

I do not even recall all the terrible things about it before and right now it is a pretty chill robots fighting game. I've also played a poo poo ton of WOT which if you want to talk about incompetence and poor direction well oh boy but I probably have brain damage.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

BadLlama posted:

I only played it briefly when it came out and have just started getting back into it.

I do not even recall all the terrible things about it before and right now it is a pretty chill robots fighting game. I've also played a poo poo ton of WOT which if you want to talk about incompetence and poor direction well oh boy but I probably have brain damage.

I know for a fact I have brain worms but MWO is legit fun don't @ me.

Matching times can be bad and having to shell out real money to get new mechs quickly loving sucks BUT

You can install a MW3 sound pack

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Mellow_ posted:

having to shell out real money to get new mechs quickly loving sucks BUT

You're not so much paying money to get it quickly as you are to get it before the inevitable no-longer-RMT-only nerf.

I still remember them nerfing the Timber Wolf weapon mounts to disable it's strongest meta build because blah blah balance but like a month later they added a cash-only variant that was specifically configured to allow players to do the same build.

I'm sure AGS is willing to do similar fuckery if their game lasts long enough. (It won't)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

It's a shame cause there was almost a great game here

Was new world always worked on by an inhouse AGS team or was it an external team project that AGS bought and absorbed? Cause wasn't crucible technically not AGS but then AGS bought them?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hey any of you guys wanna help me craft my Ice Staff?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Your what now?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadget posted:

I hope accepting the trade window doesn't get me banned. :ohdear: Once I saw he was trading me a piece of food I declined it tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

vandalism posted:

Hey guys I got a idea to save our game

*take massive bong rip*

*unzips pants and shits all over the place*

make everything take 3x longer to do lmao

You must work for :ccp: