Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Yeah that last post by Tobbs was super scummy it deflects Bifs suspicions but not with direct attack but by placing themselves above the accusation as an observer

Thus implying innocence by oblique casting of suspicion

I don’t like it. Will need to look Tobbs over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m pretty busy tonight but tomorrow I’ll be well rested and have more to say

Just a thought for the people saying that the binus push was to save me and sand, neither of us showed any interest in it. Not saying that clears us but if you think we were half the scumteam that narrative doesn’t really work

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah that Tobbs post was weird even if he is right about me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Just a thought for the people saying that the binus push was to save me and sand, neither of us showed any interest in it. Not saying that clears us but if you think we were half the scumteam that narrative doesn’t really work

you and/OR SNG

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

you and/OR SNG

Fine fine. I don’t see why you feel so good about Dex compared to SNG though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Fine fine. I don’t see why you feel so good about Dex compared to SNG though

I have no concept for how you can picture those two as possibly comparable in towniness

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tom Tucker posted:

Yeah that last post by Tobbs was super scummy it deflects Bifs suspicions but not with direct attack but by placing themselves above the accusation as an observer

Thus implying innocence by oblique casting of suspicion

I don’t like it. Will need to look Tobbs over.

Bif's "suspicions"? There was no content or explanation. Anywho, I don't see any harm in explaining myself.

Bifauxnen posted:

##Enter shop

Hope to find some monster deals today!

Here's a pretty obvious reference to monsters. Please recall that bee flipped town monster. (bolding for emphasis)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##Enter shop

I just want to pick up an energy drink.

I'm a bit pissed that bee was taken down so fast for essentially no reason. It's not like he was caught in a web of lies, he just had some reason to distrust the shop.

I haven't seen anything from Dexanth to make me change my position so let's get scum up on the board.

##vote Dexanth

What's a popular energy drink brand? Monster.

So yeah, I responded to her breadcrumb, but her response in turn makes me think she was fishing. Why?

I'm also a town monster. I think she picked up on that, and suddenly she wants me dead. There's at least two monsters in this game (me and bee) and my guess is that Bif wants us dead for some reason.

Am I wrong? Or insane? Maybe, probably, who knows?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I wanted binus alive you goldfish brain

You not so much

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

I wanted binus alive you goldfish brain

You not so much

I literally just reiterated my thoughts from the end of D1. Nothing changed from then until now except that now you know I'm a monster.

So, what's up with that? Why are my opinions that weren't worth mentioning yesterday suddenly moving me to the top of your scumlist today?

Something isn't adding up here.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So if I'm understanding correctly, SNG's strongest scum read this game is Tom because he came in with some good long posts and thoughtful reads and then didn't post for a while.

He says nothing about the content, just makes a quick argument from a mechanics standpoint that is deeply flawed, and when called out on it sticks to his dumb idea and flails around with a Bif vote.

Flail more, scum.

##unvote Hal
##vote SNG

Would still vote Dex but am feeling better with Hal throwing out opinions that are a bit more solid.

Here's my last post from yesterday, note the bolded portion.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voting SNG was a good opinion, so I thought you were fine at the time for agreeing with me there, instead of piling on binus like an idiot. But coming into today still thinking Dex is scummy and Hal has "solid opinions" is really bad.

Also your energy drink breadcrumb was pointless to me, cause you already said much more blatant poo poo on D1 about upgrading abilities, you are so obvious thirsty for it lol

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
If you need me I'll be here repairing stuff and reading posts.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Bif's "suspicions"? There was no content or explanation. Anywho, I don't see any harm in explaining myself.

Here's a pretty obvious reference to monsters. Please recall that bee flipped town monster. (bolding for emphasis)

What's a popular energy drink brand? Monster.

So yeah, I responded to her breadcrumb, but her response in turn makes me think she was fishing. Why?

I'm also a town monster. I think she picked up on that, and suddenly she wants me dead. There's at least two monsters in this game (me and bee) and my guess is that Bif wants us dead for some reason.

Am I wrong? Or insane? Maybe, probably, who knows?

Uh.

Why'd you two feel the need to breadcrumb that of all the drat things?

Supposing Bif is some monster hunter thing. What'd that tell us about her alignment?

If she's scum and you are town, she doesn't need another reason to want you voted out.

If she's not scum and you are, she is not figuring that out from your flavor, Binus flipped town monster.

And if neither of you are scum, you are saying she's some kind of headhunter or something? Because it's waaaaay to early in the game to go 3p/wincon hunting, moreso if we are going to get town voted out anyway.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oooooh I wanna vote for somebody
I wanna make a case on somebody
Yeaaaaaah I wanna vote for somebody
Lunch somebody who's scummy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

##vote b-

Pensive running out of time just voting vote leader. Goodluck all.

SNG was also a vote leader when you made this post. Why b- over SNG?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dexanth posted:

Okay given it is close to deadline

##Vote B-

Scumlist RN would be B-, Hal, Toal, SNG if I had to guess

B- gets the first on this now because I don't see any momentum on Hal besides me and I think they read as more disingenuous than SNG

SNG feels scummy but could also just be lovely town

basically I have a Lumpen-style read on SNG right now for my fellow Ancient Mafia players

This is a very carefully crafted list. The Toal thing kind of looks like distancing with one flavor-like slip comment on Toal only.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I hate doing this, but the scum team looks like Dex, SNG and Toal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Toal just isn't scum hunting. They are active in the thread doing things, but none of it is helpful. They joined the b- vote without explanation beyond 'voting the leader' and without explaining why b- over SNG.

From a meta perspective, Toal by now would be coming up with some wild theory about the game based on role or flavor. They have done none of that. They are just treading water.

##vote Toal; ##doublevote Toal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

I hate doing this, but the scum team looks like Dex, SNG and Toal.

Now why would you hate doing that

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's a role madness game and TOAL has said nothing material about role yet. If that isn't the best meta case I've ever made, I don't know what could be better.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Now why would you hate doing that

Every case is independent of every other case. Those three neatly fit together this game in a way that isn't normal for me to comment on.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Every case is independent of every other case. Those three neatly fit together this game in a way that isn't normal for me to comment on.

Lake house scum
Won't you come
And make a better caaaaaaaaaaase
Lake house scum
Won't you come
Won't you come

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Lake house scum
Won't you come
And make a better caaaaaaaaaaase
Lake house scum
Won't you come
Won't you come

The lake house is now closed for the year.

ninja: That's not entirely true, but most of the boats are out of the water.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Bif, look at Toal this game and tell me whether they are town or scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Don't have the hypertown vibes yet, no fuckin idea what scum Toal looks like though

But I know your scum game loooooves just goin balls out to secure those hammers though hey

And you really shoulda known better about binus hey, wouldn't you say?

##vote merk

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

merk posted:

I can tell you they've played next to zilch, if that helps. I don't like silent Toal (as in, not making ANY sort of game comments), it's not a good augury.

What's giving me pause on them is that they're drawing attention to themselves. Their posting looks like not doing nothing, but doing so in a way it gets them looked at. This seems odd to me. If you (as scum) are going to coast, then you coast, if not, you usually try to at least look like you're trying. Calling attention to themselves in a way that says "look at me, I am NOT PLAYING" is what's not fitting to me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When do you think it'll all become clear?
Cause I'm being taken over by irrational merk fear

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Don't have the hypertown vibes yet, no fuckin idea what scum Toal looks like though

But I know your scum game loooooves just goin balls out to secure those hammers though hey

##vote merk

I'm really trying not to meta up this game because I am freaking bored of trying to decipher cases based on meta of people I have never seen and I have no data at all on. But alright.

I have never seen Scum Toal. I have seen SK Toal, twice. You have, too, you played with me last game I played. They sounded different there, way more subdued. I cannot put it into words,I was real busy trying to scum badly there, but what I got from their posts said "tired player". This doesn't sound the same.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Deadmeat5150 posted:

If you need me I'll be here repairing stuff and reading posts.

We need you doing reads. Or at least commenting on the game. I know that's how you play, you give barebone reads and votes and help at night (when town).

But you are a drat black box. As in, I have an inkling of what you are because I have scummed with you before and know you have a couple tells. Me. The rest haven't. This ends up with you either becoming a scum scapegoat or being eventually lunched for info when nobody can figure out wtf is with you.

So, words, please. You have words. Use them. I don't care if you don't know what to say, but at least say something. Let people read you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote merk

Ok I guess

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

merk posted:

Ok I guess

Aight, I have a question. Probably a stupid one, but bear with me. Game gets different when you aren't watching it happen and are waking up to done deeds instead.

What was the thought process behind the double vote hammer?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shellception posted:

Aight, I have a question. Probably a stupid one, but bear with me. Game gets different when you aren't watching it happen and are waking up to done deeds instead.

What was the thought process behind the double vote hammer?

I was trying to get content moving earlier in the day. It wasn’t really happening. Someone said they hoped the shop would help drive content, but that wasn’t happening either.

Votecount was 4 (b-) to 3 (SNG) with just a few hours to go.

I wanted to make sure we got an elimination d1 to at least have some discussion today, so I tossed my votes near deadline.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shellception posted:

I can tell you they've played next to zilch, if that helps. I don't like silent Toal (as in, not making ANY sort of game comments), it's not a good augury.

What's giving me pause on them is that they're drawing attention to themselves. Their posting looks like not doing nothing, but doing so in a way it gets them looked at. This seems odd to me. If you (as scum) are going to coast, then you coast, if not, you usually try to at least look like you're trying. Calling attention to themselves in a way that says "look at me, I am NOT PLAYING" is what's not fitting to me.

To me, the content speaks for itself. Toal joined the b- vote with no reason and no explanation for why they didn’t vote SNG. Toal isn’t scum hunting. Toal, from a meta perspective, would’ve done something wild by now as town.

It’s not Toal’s town game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

He fired all his votes off so totally shameless
Cause everyone knows that he's mafia famous
He gripes about Toal he should look in the mirror
I'm on the right track, yeah I'm onto a winner

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

He fired all his votes off so totally shameless
Cause everyone knows that he's mafia famous
He gripes about Toal he should look in the mirror
I'm on the right track, yeah I'm onto a winner

Your diss tracks need work
Stop being a jerk
A weak case on Merk
I see you content lurk

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You need to listen to more Lily Allen

And to scumdoc scoffing at you for calling me a content lurker

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

You need to listen to more Lily Allen

And to scumdoc scoffing at you for calling me a content lurker

It was the fourth bar and I was grasping!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't think merk is right about toal, but as mafia's leading merk expert I'd have to say this not merk's scum game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hooray, I have internet again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't think merk is right about toal, but as mafia's leading merk expert I'd have to say this not merk's scum game.

Who is scum then?