Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

It’s obviously an extreme close-up of Daimon’s foot. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

team mexico is already spoken for, so I'm curious where Angel ends up / who ends up with her, unless she's trading up in terms of "being the handler for a psychopath" from K9999 to Ash.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Are there other tracks in KoF like the one from King's XV trailer? The song is like a mix of 90s house sampling and New Jack Swing, and I am vibing with it to death

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

team mexico is already spoken for, so I'm curious where Angel ends up / who ends up with her, unless she's trading up in terms of "being the handler for a psychopath" from K9999 to Ash.
Maybe the K' team is K'/Angel/Kula?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

also i think this is angel

:sickos:

Finally my teams will be complete

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

from the demo, i know that my team includes shermie. not set on anyone else yet. maybe chris. i know sleepy boy is in, love that guy. also love athena and kula. hope she's in.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jack Trades posted:

Jake Paul as the main character for SF6 sure is a choice.
I guess I'll just put Street Fighter franchise into my mental trash bin.

Hold up: that generic dipshit is the main character of SFVI?

Please god tell me that's a bad joke, because holy poo poo is Street Fighter dead

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Please god tell me that's a bad joke, because holy poo poo is Street Fighter dead

I mean, nobody liked SF III because Alex was the lead or SFIV because Abel was the lead.
Unless SFV is like SF 1 where you only control Luke and his clone moveset pal Kyle, it's a minor issue.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

TulliusCicero posted:

Not sure if they said main character but confirmed he’s gonna be in the next one

But keep in mind SF main characters include Abel, so if Luke is a generic dipshit that signals franchise death, it’s been on borrowed time since 2008

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Main characters in a street fighter, a thing that mattered since never

also how is abel the main character of 4 when he's not the Cover boy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

also how is abel the main character of 4 when he's not the Cover boy

https://twitter.com/takaNakayama/status/1463374000667586561

Capcom artists and such seem to refer to Abel as the protagonist of SFIV and Rashid as the protagonist of SFV. It's likely they were designed with this intention but marketing (and to some extent the writing) pushes the world warriors cast to the forefront because of PTSD from SF3.

Presumably the same thing will happen with Luke, so I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

JamMasterJim posted:

I mean, nobody liked SF III because Alex was the lead or SFIV because Abel was the lead.
Unless SFV is like SF 1 where you only control Luke and his clone moveset pal Kyle, it's a minor issue.

Counterpoint: Alex owns though :colbert:

Luke looks like a proud boy; Alex was a fun design based off professional wresting/ Hulk Hogan

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

For someone being sold as the series' next protagonist, I'm kind of enjoying Luke not being immediate to my taste. It means I can't clock their artistic direction, and that excites me.

When Luke was first revealed, I remember watching some YouTuber mention that his MMA inspired attire implied that Capcom's going to double down on the "professional, competitive E-Sports" vibe for their next installment, and--while I know the whole ongoing corporatization of various grassroots scenes is an understandable point of contention--I'm excited to see how the current SFV team would hone that direction.

I think I was sold on SFV's general direction during the Arcade Edition. I really enjoy the expansion's UI, and I think the hyper-clean golden look really meshes well with the general prog-metal style of the soundtrack. It was an unlikely combination for me, but I think it worked out super well.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

TulliusCicero posted:

Luke looks like a proud boy; Alex was a fun design based off professional wresting/ Hulk Hogan

Alex and especially Abel would be turbo racist too, imagine the poo poo they’d say to Elena

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Meh, I always found the design stupid and I never foumd him fun to play with or against. Luke is generic MMA look but looks fun to play, so I care less.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think calling luke a proud boy or racist is immensely weird. hes a video game character with a design you dont like.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally, i think iori yagami supports the greater east asia coprosperity sphere

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is a fair point and I'm going to drop it, because I realize I'm sounding dumb yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

personally, i think iori yagami supports the greater east asia coprosperity sphere
the greater east asia coprosperity sphere:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Abel is cool and a dog lover.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TulliusCicero posted:

ive got some bad news about hulk hogan

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Endorph posted:

i think calling luke a proud boy or racist is immensely weird. hes a video game character with a design you dont like.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Endorph posted:

I mean, notwithstanding the fact that SFV just went "put in another blonde white person" which is pretty uninspiring in this roster in particular, Luke got dragged at release for looking like Jake Paul at the time who has his own baggage, so that isn't that much of a stretch lol, but it's just snarky comments on how they feel about his design

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

I mean, notwithstanding the fact that SFV just went "put in another blonde white person" which is pretty uninspiring in this roster in particular, Luke got dragged at release for looking like Jake Paul at the time who has his own baggage, so that isn't that much of a stretch lol, but it's just snarky comments on how they feel about his design

he really doesnt look much like jake paul outside of being awhite blonde dude with tattoos. he could just as easily be macklemore.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

The exact words they used the "The future of Street Fighter". I assumed that means that he's gonna be the new main character but maybe I'm wrong.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

he really doesnt look much like jake paul outside of being awhite blonde dude with tattoos. he could just as easily be macklemore.

All white guys look the same. :v:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Luke is a video game character, but if you put him through that fictional character to person AI generator and told me he was some MMA dude in hot water I'd be like "sounds right"

Although yeah, other than being a blonde white dude the only real similarity is his gear is sorta colored similarly to Jake Paul's

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Endorph posted:

Yeah but Macklemore doesn't fight, so the association isn't really there, while Paul just announced he would be in another bout around the time Luke dropped and the colors do have some overlap

None of it was intentional but it was a pretty funny coincidence to see when Luke got released

MechaX fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 24, 2021

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

E: This was a stupid post in hindsight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

luke sent me some racist poo poo in DMs

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Blue Labrador posted:

When people snark about Jake Paul, I just feel bad about the fact they pay attention to Jake Paul in any fashion. It's not hard to avoid YouTube starlets unless you're like, a middle school teacher.

FWIW none of what people said about his boxing/MMA career is a joke, that actually happened. It's still regrettable to know, but

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sometimes I miss SF4.

Then I catch myself. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I probably would still be playing SFV if Juri actually functioned like her SFIV self, so I'll give SFIV that much.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Saoshyant posted:

Sometimes I miss SF4.

Then I catch myself. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

SF IV was legitimately a good game though

Vanilla SF IV though :yikes:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MechaX posted:

I probably would still be playing SFV if Juri actually functioned like her SFIV self, so I'll give SFIV that much.

I'm your archenemy, the person who likes SF5 Juri more (mostly).

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I still have never played SFV and don't know how Juri plays in EITHER game really but I think her design in the new one is way worse than the way she looked in IV

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I miss SFIV because I prefer it when Bison has Psycho Crusher as a regular special move instead of a super or V-Trigger only.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I only played Ultra SFIV, and only at a relatively low level, so I really enjoyed it. I agree that, from an outsider's perspective at least, Juri's negative edge design was way cooler than her SFV design. There was just a certain catharsis to seeing how a Juri player would go about finally releasing her specials during a combo or blockstring.

I played Poison during that game's heyday, and while I think SFV Poison is probably a more fully realized character with a more tightly designed archetype, there's something about her style of Shoto that really clicked with me and I miss it. It's either how varied and nutty her fireballs were, or how fun her wheel kick (and EX wheel kick) was to YOLO throw out.

chumbler posted:

I'm your archenemy, the person who likes SF5 Juri more (mostly).

Can you elaborate why? I'm honestly interested, I haven't really heard people talk about SFV Juri outside of griping.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Glagha posted:

I still have never played SFV and don't know how Juri plays in EITHER game really but I think her design in the new one is way worse than the way she looked in IV

that’s because she has obnoxiously big feet and hands in 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blue Labrador posted:

I only played Ultra SFIV, and only at a relatively low level, so I really enjoyed it. I agree that, from an outsider's perspective at least, Juri's negative edge design was way cooler than her SFV design. There was just a certain catharsis to seeing how a Juri player would go about finally releasing her specials during a combo or blockstring.

I played Poison during that game's heyday, and while I think SFV Poison is probably a more fully realized character with a more tightly designed archetype, there's something about her style of Shoto that really clicked with me and I miss it. It's either how varied and nutty her fireballs were, or how fun her wheel kick (and EX wheel kick) was to YOLO throw out.

Can you elaborate why? I'm honestly interested, I haven't really heard people talk about SFV Juri outside of griping.

I like the storing mechanic even if it's not super well utilized since two of them are basically combo filler with little utility and the slow, unsafe one that looks like an overhead isn't one. I'm also too scrubby for negative edge combos. Aesthetically I like her 5 outfit and the black and white effects on her moves. 4 was a little too purple in that regard.