Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Sometimes I miss SF4.

If USFIV had at the very least SFV netcode then I would've still be playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jack Trades posted:

If USFIV had at the very least SFV netcode then I would've still be playing it.

Is there still a community that plays USFIV? I kinda low-key love that game tbh

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 24, 2021

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Is there still a community that plays USFIV? I kinda low-ley love that game tbh

You can still find like, half a dozen lobbies with the same people playing but not much than that, unfortunately.
Maybe there's a discord community for it too but I'm not a fan of those.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

drat, I miss playing Vega.
Especially Vega that has good buttons instead of that loving abomination they have in SFV.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

chumbler posted:

I like the storing mechanic even if it's not super well utilized since two of them are basically combo filler with little utility and the slow, unsafe one that looks like an overhead isn't one. I'm also too scrubby for negative edge combos. Aesthetically I like her 5 outfit and the black and white effects on her moves. 4 was a little too purple in that regard.

I definitely dislike her 5 outfit, but I'm with you on the color thing. The stormy black and white looks way cooler than the generic purple energy she had in 4. With the biker outfit and her V triggers, I feel like they're trying to give her a wind motif that I can get behind, but it's not fully realized imo.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Endorph posted:

personally, i think iori yagami supports the greater east asia coprosperity sphere

folks, you don't even want to know kensou's political opinions

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

skipmyseashells posted:

that’s because she has obnoxiously big feet and hands in 5

No it's because I think her skintight anime boob ninja outfit looks dumb I liked the poofy pants more.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Poofy training pants with a spider top were SO much better than a puffy latex catsuit on top of a skin tight latex catsuit.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

am I still good with picking up a Qanba Pearl or is there anything clearly better to pick up? I play on pc and PS5

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

gay_crimes posted:

am I still good with picking up a Qanba Pearl or is there anything clearly better to pick up? I play on pc and PS5

Imo the Pearl is still the best stick to buy. PS5 compatible, noir layout, good wide frame, easy to open and tons of space inside for easy modding. I think the "newest" stick on the market is Hori's new one for the nu-xbox and there isn't a PS5 version yet, but all the oler RAP's work just fine on PS5 natively.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Poofy training pants with a spider top were SO much better than a puffy latex catsuit on top of a skin tight latex catsuit.

Please, it's a skin tight latex catsuit over another skin tight latex catsuit.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Reiley posted:

Luke's backstory is he was grown in a lab as an attempt to engineer the most racist-looking white boy science could develop. He was precison-made to give off an exact sort of vibe and they nailed it.

if you remove any element of his design the energy vanishes so this is the correct theory

it'd be hilarious if he was also a m. bison clone because its canon that m. bison really wants to become a blonde white person and the image of m. bison achieving the embodiment of white boy summer is powerful

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Luke Bad

Submit Reply

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

It feels like Capcom is continually trying to come up with a new character to represent the USA which is weird because G already exists

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xand_Man posted:

It feels like Capcom is continually trying to come up with a new character to represent the USA which is weird because G already exists

G belongs to everyone, as president of the earth.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

Luke Bad

Submit Reply

no this is the badman

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Luke good and looks like basically another “extremely cartoonish American stereotype with silly Foreign hair” like Guile and Rufus were

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/348550/view/3151952246113891033

quote:

Matchmaking V2 is now official
Enjoy stable matchmaking with many new features!
This update finally brings Matchmaking V2 improvements to the stable branch.

Player Room Improvements
Player Rooms are now much more stable and resilient.
New "Free For All" rotation type that allows multiple matches to take place simultaneously.
Player Rooms using the new "Free For All" rotation can host up to 64 people.
Player Rooms using the "Winner Stays On" rotation can now host up to 8 people (was 6 before).
Player Rooms no longer close when the owner leaves.
You can choose between Accent Core and Accent Core +R when creating a room.
Both AC and AC+R rooms appear in the search results.

New Quick Match
Quick Match is now a single room open to everybody, regardless of game version or ranked/unranked mode.
Ranked players are allowed to match with unranked players. In this case, the match is ranked for both players. Players in Quick Match can disable ranked challenges in room Settings.
AC and AC+R players are together in the new Quick Match. If you challenge someone, you will be playing their preferred version.

New Features and Improvements
Ping limit can be enabled for incoming challenges (Any/300/250/200/(ranked only)150). Opponents with ping above the selected value cannot challenge you.
Added post-match menu with options such as Rematch, Back to Character Select, Back to Single Player and Back to Room. Rematch follows "best of three" rule, but if there are only 2 non-spectator players the room, rematch is unlimited. Post-match menu is disabled for Winner Stays rotation.
Spectator Mode can now be set to automatically connect to battles with highest winrate, highest winstreak, or random. This feature is intended for streamers, tournament organizers, and people who just want to watch battles while eating their ramen.
New Wait Mode allows waiting for a match inside any single player mode: Training, M.O.M., M.O.M. Gold, Classic Survival, Survival, Replay List, Last Replay. While in Wait Mode, selected Input Delay is applied.
Selected character, color group, BGM and stage are retained.
Opponents can be sorted by name, status, ping, win streak, or win ratio.
Icon for currently selected character is displayed before player name.
GGPO input delay can be set to AUTO. The game will automatically pick the recommended value.
Current input delay is shown at the bottom of the screen during the VS interstitial.
Matches can be spectated at any time now. Confirm button engages fast-forward. Cancel button stops the playback and returns to the room.
Players can challenge you while spectating a match (can be disabled in room Settings)
When FPS display is enabled, Rift and Rollback frames are displayed at the top of the screen during battle. Additionally, a performance warning ('!' sign) can be displayed if rollback processing takes much longer than expected, or if the game has to skip frames in order to reach the required 60 FPS. If you see the performance warning often, it indicates that your PC is underperforming or too slow.
During the VS interstitial, connection type is displayed: DIRECT, or RELAY if the connection is going through a Steam relay server.
Improved GGPO synchronization stability and overall netplay performance.
New UI for Replay Select menu (old UI can be restored with -oldreplayui argument)

Other notable changes
Spectators can no longer connect while players are selecting their characters.
Rotation types "Loser Stays" and "Random" are no longer available.
Team VS is no longer available in Network mode.
A new branch, named "Legacy", is now accessible in the "Betas" tab. You can access the old matchmaking with this branch, use it if you need to play Team VS in Network mode. Please note that the old and new matchmaking are not compatible: you will not be able to fight against players who are on the new matchmaking, Also, save data and replay incompatibilities may occur.
hell ya the beta stuff is now official

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's cool that +R has gotten more meaningful patches this year than strive

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In Training posted:

Did you miss the part where the whole game changed?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Did you miss the part where the whole game changed?

I meant network wise. You'd think they could fix the lobbies by now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Reiley posted:

Luke's backstory is he was grown in a lab as an attempt to engineer the most racist-looking white boy science could develop. He was precison-made to give off an exact sort of vibe and they nailed it.

It's weird that SHADALOOO wasted all that R&D because they already had Ed who was already that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ed even has the wealthy prep school costume. I wonder if they'll bring back Ed and Falke for 6. They're neo shadaloo so presumably they would be big players in the story, but I don't think they're all that popular, and even the devs didn't seem to care that much about them.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's weird that SHADALOOO wasted all that R&D because they already had Ed who was already that.

not sure shadaloo is the most fiscally responsible organization

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

skipmyseashells posted:

that’s because she has obnoxiously big feet and hands in 5

No they're wondering what's worse about her

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

JamMasterJim posted:

I mean, nobody liked SF III because Alex was the lead

I did

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

chumbler posted:

Ed even has the wealthy prep school costume. I wonder if they'll bring back Ed and Falke for 6. They're neo shadaloo so presumably they would be big players in the story, but I don't think they're all that popular, and even the devs didn't seem to care that much about them.

God please don't bring up Shadaloo in any future SF. We've stuck in so much poo poo between SF 2 and 3 already I'm so loving tired of the SF equivalent of Neo Shin SIDE-Bs Zeon.Just make new villains and heroes.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

no, don't.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
We need more new villains like Necalli

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Mike Z has a lot of free time on his hands

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes I do love my new SF villains such as Necalli, worse Evil Ryu, and whatever the hell Seth is at this point.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Though new Seth does rock design wise

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SF's never had good villains, Bison and Gill suck too

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I don't think I could even define the street fighter story come to think of it, except maybe the weird dolls thing where bison keeps creating ladies to become?

Did he ever create a male doll/resurrection body? Is that what Ed is?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, Ed is one of Bison's spare bodies. He was captured by Seth. At the end of SFIV when Seth's base is blowing up, Balrog rescues him and raises him in private instead of sending him back to Bison. hence Ed having a boxing style, since Balrog is basically his dad.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
bison himself rules, actually

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Yes I do love my new SF villains such as Necalli, worse Evil Ryu, and whatever the hell Seth is at this point.

Hey worse Evil Ryu is good because his story mode is everyone telling him what a loser he is. Also he has an Asura costume, though it's hosed up that they didn't give a Yasha one to I guess Nash would be the closest.

Also hosed up that they didn't make a brachydios costume for Balrog.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Guile will be the badguy in the new SF. Chun Li will lead the forces of the People's Republic against him.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://youtu.be/WCqWl3Gft-s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Going by her dialogue with Ramon, seems like she's the one who ditched Team Mexico?