Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Biplane posted:

Terrorists? You mean freedom fighters?

Depends on their trade policies with United Fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Men, dressing as women? Why I never.

https://twitter.com/supermathskid/status/1463827638515118080?s=20

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I honestly have no idea when these things are satire anymore

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Pretty sure this one was a joke.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hooman posted:

the dude mostly uses twitter to plug his covers band so if its a fake account its a deeeeep fake

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Prurient Squid posted:

It's a staple of British satire to depict politicians as inept and being led by the nose by spin doctors, PR experts and wily civil servants. It's a little late in the game to start branding decades of parody as somehow fostering a dangerous narrative.

It kind of reminds me how there's legislation on the books that bans the glorification of terrorism. Well there goes the Errol Flynn Robin Hood film.

Wasn't Errol Flynn a huge piece of poo poo and possibly a literal pirate?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wasn't Errol Flynn a huge piece of poo poo and possibly a literal pirate?

im sorry, what

huge piece of poo poo i can buy, but googling didn't turn up anything about him being a pirate

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

hooman posted:

The tweeter is joking at the expense of the person in the quote tweet hth

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Ghost Leviathan posted:

literal pirate

It was his character from Sesame Street.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Chloe Jessica posted:

im sorry, what

huge piece of poo poo i can buy, but googling didn't turn up anything about him being a pirate

No, but there's evidence that he was a slaver.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

the dude mostly uses twitter to plug his covers band so if its a fake account its a deeeeep fake

Oh yeah, I meant the Katie tweet. Not the original.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The tweeter is joking at the expense of the person in the quote tweet hth

Yeah this. ty.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Also didn't the establishment hate The Beatles and criticise them for promoting immorality or something?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Dynastocles posted:

Also didn't the establishment hate The Beatles and criticise them for promoting immorality or something?

Lennon at one point claimed the beatles were "bigger than jesus". In the UK no one cared. In the US however...

quote:

Lennon's comments incited protests and threats, particularly throughout the Bible Belt in the Southern United States. Some radio stations stopped playing Beatles songs, records were publicly burned, press conferences were cancelled, and the Ku Klux Klan picketed concerts.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Recommend clicking through to see that Bill and Andy Ngo (and a bunch of other Americans) are getting worked up over loving pantomime, which has been a tradition in the UK going back to at least Dickens's time

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Recommend clicking through to see that Bill and Andy Ngo (and a bunch of other Americans) are getting worked up over loving pantomime, which has been a tradition in the UK going back to at least Dickens's time

Best exchange:

https://twitter.com/ChubbMary/status/1463849143756066816

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Oh this delights me

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You would think they’d be all about the racism and sexism that has permeated pantomime for years.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1463886950704820232
Without male role models like James Bond and the Equalizer boys might become criminal psychopaths.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Yup. I'm sure that the three Good Ol' Boy defendants DEFINITLEY have the cutest little pedicures.

Dynastocles posted:

Mega Comrade posted:

Lennon at one point claimed the beatles were "bigger than jesus". In the UK no one cared. In the US however...

The Beatles were apparently a big talking point during the meeting between Nixon and Elvis:

Memo from a White House aide posted:

Presley indicated that he thought the Beatles had been a real force for anti-American spirit. He said that the Beatles came to this country, made their money, and then returned to England where they promoted an anti-American theme. The President nodded in agreement and expressed some surprise. The President then indicated that those who use drugs are also those in the vanguard of anti-American protest. Violence, drug usage, dissent, protest all seem to merge in generally the same group of young people.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

:kiss:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

gently caress I can't find most of the replies from the self-identifying idiots, just a few of his partner dunking on them.

If anyone can find them I'll buy you an av or something, feel like we're missing out on some gold <3

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Read After Burning posted:

Yup. I'm sure that the three Good Ol' Boy defendants DEFINITLEY have the cutest little pedicures.

The Beatles were apparently a big talking point during the meeting between Nixon and Elvis:

Elvis was a loving cop, yeah

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

gently caress I can't find most of the replies from the self-identifying idiots, just a few of his partner dunking on them.

If anyone can find them I'll buy you an av or something, feel like we're missing out on some gold <3

I'm not gonna go check, but I fill like idiots have every right to publicize how stupid they are. He doesn't get to decide for them that they should be anonymous!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

RFC2324 posted:

Stole from black people and shat himself to death. That checks out.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

RFC2324 posted:

He was The King, it was pretty obvious he'd be reactionary.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Skwirl posted:

I thought my love of avocado toast was the reason I couldn't buy a house, now I'm supposed to buy avocados?

It turns out the toast was the thing holding you back, not the avocado.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

whomst amongst ust

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Also Nixon gave him a badge and a gun. He was literally a cop

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

Also Nixon gave him a badge and a gun. He was literally a cop

You know who wasn't a cop? Orion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_%22Orion%22_Ellis

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He actually gave Nixon the gun. A loaded gun, which he was allowed to bring into the White House and into the Oval Office with the sitting President of the United States.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Johnny cash is a better musician than elvis, also cooler.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Alice Cooper should have pulled the drat trigger

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

OwlFancier posted:

:hmmyes:

Baron von Eevl posted:

He actually gave Nixon the gun. A loaded gun, which he was allowed to bring into the White House and into the Oval Office with the sitting President of the United States.

The way I understood, that was a second gun. The first one was with the badge and a normal gun, and Elvis thought it wasn't cool enough and made a golden gun or some crazy poo poo to give the president.

Im short, Elvis was also close friends with Dick Nixon.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

They got deleted and I didn't screenshot, sadly

edit: as in, nuked their whole account deleted, lmao

You can find some replies to their deleted tweets in the replies on the original screenshots pat posted

Tarezax has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Nov 25, 2021

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

OwlFancier posted:

I have trouble with the condor thing (and the "being lovely to his relationship partners" thing), but yeah.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I have trouble with the condor thing (and the "being lovely to his relationship partners" thing), but yeah.

Wasn't he a Christian fundamentalist in his later years?

The condor thing. He didn't do it on purpose, and he probably didn't have power to stop it once the fire started. What he is guilty of is being rude to people who care about condors.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Feliday Melody posted:

Wasn't he a Christian fundamentalist in his later years?

The condor thing. He didn't do it on purpose, and he probably didn't have power to stop it once the fire started. What he is guilty of is being rude to people who care about condors.

Yes, but nobody seems to make the claim that he was the lovely kind of evangelical.

If you believe his story then the fire wasn't his fault, but that's the trouble, isn't it? He was the only direct witness and he was almost certainly drugged out of his mind at the time. The other person on the scene thinks Cash started the fire himself.

Lemniscate Blue has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Nov 25, 2021

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah in 1965 he was doing an incredible amount of amphetamines.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Lemniscate Blue posted:

If you believe his story then the fire wasn't his fault, but that's the trouble, isn't it? He was the only direct witness and he was almost certainly drugged out of his mind at the time. The other person on the scene thinks Cash started the fire himself.

I never heard this part. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chloe Jessica posted:

im sorry, what

He owned a slave and went on and on about how African girls had ski slope tits.