Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok cool. I do feel like $35 is kind of a great price for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Commander Keene posted:

Picked up DQXIS now that it's at its lowest ever price on the eshop. I figured since I'd already played the original on PS4 I'd play primarily in 2D mode, but that mode really is pretty barebones isn't it? None of the enemy battle sprites are animated at all, which was really the big draw of the 2D DQ games. Granted, I only played to the end of Cobblestone Tor, but I don't see that changing later on. I know I'm going to have to play Tickington in 2D, but otherwise I think I'm going to stick to 3D and give everyone the silliest-looking costumes I can.

I would use the 2D feature a whole lot more if you were able to switch it from the pause menu (rather than at churches).

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

woke kaczynski posted:

They're OK, I use them. The rumble is pretty bad, and I initially had to do some futzing around with the firmware bc the + and - buttons weren't working right, but they have a nice feel in my hands and they work pretty well for me now. (and I like the glowing joysticks)

It looks like they're claiming it can wake up the Switch, is that true? I thought no 3rd party controllers could do that for some reason.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

antidote posted:

It looks like they're claiming it can wake up the Switch, is that true? I thought no 3rd party controllers could do that for some reason.

They wake up the Switch with no issue, both attached to the sides and wirelessly. They aren't officially licensed so its probably a hack or work around that officially licensed controllers can't do for some reason.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
I bought Undertale this morning at 8am and already beat it. Is this game serious? I've played demos that were longer.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Game is a bit longer if you spare everyone or murder absolutely everything

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's a pretty short game, but you unlock another act if you spared everyone, yeah.

E: Deltarune is on the Switch as a free demo (full game is not yet out), and is probably about as long as Undertale already.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

It's like if Earthbound ended after Onett. What a rip off!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is BattleAxe a decent gauntlet style beat 'em up?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Blooster posted:

How many playthroughs did you do

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Anyone have fun with Ys 9 since it’s on sale? I liked 8 but part of that was the setting.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Pirate Captain posted:

Anyone have fun with Ys 9 since it’s on sale? I liked 8 but part of that was the setting.

ys 9 has one of the most dismal settings i've seen in a jrpg. there's three colors per map and two of them are grey and brown

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Blooster posted:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Blooster posted:

I bought Undertale this morning at 8am and already beat it. Is this game serious? I've played demos that were longer.

did you have fun

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

as a jrpg head who now regularly burns out after 30 hours i gotta say brevity is a plus for me at this point in video games

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Erg posted:

as a jrpg head who now regularly burns out after 30 hours i gotta say brevity is a plus for me at this point in video games

Agreed, I have little patience for 80 hour epics these days

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
a pacifist run of Undertale will last about 10 hours if you try to get as much content out of it as possible

shave off 2-3 hours if you just want to start at the beginning and end at the end

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Blooster posted:

ye you're supposed to beat it three times if you want maximum content

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Blooster posted:

Halo 2.txt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's good but not as good as 8 and the setting is much less interesting

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Oxxidation posted:

ys 9 has one of the most dismal settings i've seen in a jrpg. there's three colors per map and two of them are grey and brown

That’s a shame. 8 was so colorful and just fun to look at.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Erg posted:

did you have fun

Uh I guess the seven enemies and two bosses I played were okay

I don't need an 80 hour epic but an rpg I beat before lunch time is really pathetic. People enjoyed this piece of poo poo? There was one town in the entire game. And it had like three houses and two npcs. I guess it was slightly WaCKy which is all you need to be a viral hit these days.

Seriously if somebody made this in RPG Maker I'd call it a piece of poo poo. This being an actual retail release is loving amazing.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

wow ive seen bait but that bait takes the cake

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Blooster posted:

I don't need an 80 hour epic but an rpg I beat before lunch time is really pathetic. People enjoyed this piece of poo poo? There was one town in the entire game. And it had like three houses and two npcs. I guess it was slightly WaCKy which is all you need to be a viral hit these days.

Seriously if somebody made this in RPG Maker I'd call it a piece of poo poo. This being an actual retail release is loving amazing.

You're supposed to play it three times and then feel sad afterwards hth

Also make friends with the actual war criminals

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blooster posted:

It's okay you can play the sequel for free now

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Blooster posted:

the game is $10 why are you expecting it to be extremely long

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blooster posted:

lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Aren't there like 5 or 6 bosses in a normal playthrough? Starting to think that poster is a PHONY

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

OHHH I get what happened now

After you lose to Papyrus and he asks you to stay in the jail cell, you can actually leave and there's more stuff after that

I can totally understand deciding to end your playthrough there, though. He does ask very politely

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

That’s a shame. 8 was so colorful and just fun to look at.

it's very odd, especially contrasted with the character designs, which are much gaudier than Ys 8's

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

well the setting’s a dingy city built around a giant prison, not a tropical paradise

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Does Streets of Rage 4 have a lot of replayability?

Playing 2 on the Genesis again has reignited my interest.

Tons to a fair amount depending how hard you go into it.

The DLC adds a great mode and a bunch of alternate moves for all the cast. This adds a lot of time to the game, which is lengthy enough with you just trying to unlock everyone in game.

If you just want to beat it a couple of times, it'll last you a few hours at most, but beating it with every character will take time, since there's...16 characters? Not counting DLC.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Slay the spire works for this. Also enter the gungeon, once you're familiar with it. And into the breach

Enter the gungeon might be up your alley, not on sale though

OH. I can wrap up Into the Breach. I don't think I've yet gotten everything in it. I'm not into deck builders so no Slay the Spire.

I may also boot up Dead Cells, the stakes are far lower in that versus Hades, and I remember the combat being pretty fun. I have a ton of things to unlock in it too.

b_d posted:

iirc you're already very familiar with picross. but may i suggest: more picross.

I can't do "math" (count) and speak at the same time.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Is BattleAxe a decent gauntlet style beat 'em up?

My best "Gauntlet Legends" game is Children of Morta.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve been getting back into Binding of Isaac lately and it’s real good for podcasts and listening to things. That’s If you can get past the aesthetics which is a big ask I admit

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

hatty posted:

I’ve been getting back into Binding of Isaac lately and it’s real good for podcasts and listening to things. That’s If you can get past the aesthetics which is a big ask I admit

I've tried on multiple occasions. I just find it so gross and puerile. It's an active turn-off.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Martman posted:

Aren't there like 5 or 6 bosses in a normal playthrough? Starting to think that poster is a PHONY

there are in fact eight bosses in a normal playthrough. (maybe seven depending on if you count dummy). either way yeah

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've tried on multiple occasions. I just find it so gross and puerile. It's an active turn-off.

same. binding of isaac is the kind of game i would love but the aesthetics are just loving terrible

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I would enjoy a game that was just that only reskinned to remove the poop and dead babies

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I got you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMHTaSaNHV0

And here's the same thing but sideways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9bv_wIEF0

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

undermine actually looks neat, i'll check it out. cheers friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Soooooo
What has keyboard/mouse support?
Fortnite, quake, Warframe, doom 1 and 2, hypnospace outlaw and....??