Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Jack Trades posted:

Triss is for people with terminal lack of good taste.

I'm sure that the Venn diagram of people that would pick Triss and people that love Marvel movies is just a circle.

marvel sucks Triss 4eva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I'm sure that the Venn diagram of people that would pick Triss and people that love Marvel movies is just a circle.

Marvel is meh.

Triss is grrrreeat though. (I haven't played 1 and 2,)

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Marvel movies put me to sleep and I'd go with W3 Triss over W3 Yen in a heartbeat. Book Triss, not so much.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm just sad there's no obvious polyamorous relationship.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I'm sad there aren't hoverboards

Are they in either of the pen and paper games?

e: and yep, seems like they are. that's pretty cool

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 25, 2021

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Triss = Panam Palmer
Yenn = Kerry Eurodyne

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mendrian posted:

I'm just sad there's no obvious polyamorous relationship.

Considering how hard I got hosed by this game I certainly feel like there is one.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Eason the Fifth posted:

Triss = Panam Palmer
Yenn = Kerry Eurodyne

Threesome = Judy. :hmmyes:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Threesome = Judy. :hmmyes:

:yeah:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

So Shani is River?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

itry posted:

So Shani is River?

How dare you imply Shani is a cop.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Dawgstar posted:

How dare you imply Shani is a cop.

lol she totally is tho :laugh:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Shani was too well put together for Geralt, best romance.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Palpek posted:

Shani was too well put together for Geralt, best romance.

And River is the most stable and wholesome option. He truly is the Cyberpunk Shani.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
To be fair to Geralt he probably has his poo poo together more than any other witcher. He has a lot of long term friendships, his witch gfs take him to swanky parties, and he barely even scares any children.

Edit: like Keira ended up with Lambert. She pulled the short straw.

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 26, 2021

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Better than ending up on a pike.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Parallelwoody posted:

Better than ending up on a pike.

Lambert, Lambert….what a pike.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

It's hard to describe without :member:-berry nostalgia, but Morrowind did so many things that mainstream games had never tried before. The simple fact that the NPCs were wearing the armor they visually had on was a selling point (dropped by later games). It was also weird and leaned into that. Mushroom houses, lizard people, none of the trappings of high fantasy but the Roman Legion is there for some reason. I don't think we will get another big game like it ever again.

Morrowind was a sandbox that said "do whatever you want" going so far as to give the players the tools to completely break the game if they wanted (levitation, killing story-critical NPCs). It had depth to multiple systems that hinted at things you would never even discover (lol alchemy), giving everything an even deeper sense of the grandiose. This was reinforced by the lack of fast travel and quests being grouped more or less into geographic regions, keeping players in one location and burning it into their memories before moving to the next town along the story path.

Now a lot of those cut-outs fall over in comparison to modern games, but that first hit is the reason people are still talking about Morrowind and will be talking about Witcher 3 in 20 years...

idk about removing armor, for me, it was "that dude wearing daedric armor? you can kill him, and then take it and use it" and that blew my mind. I think enemies still generally wear the armor in later games but I remember seething in oblivion(no armor for you, go gently caress yourself its bound)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had only played the games and knew nothing about the lore so my impression of Triss going from my girlfriend to finding out she basically stole me from Yen and used me to get back at her etc was just a huge moment of insane whiplash for me, like a top 10 all time anime betrayal. So good, I wonder if a game will ever pull the rug for underneath me like that again

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

got this on the steam sale and played up to act 2 yesterday and its not too bad. my strategy of dumping all my points into shotguns and ragdolling everything is working pretty well.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Is it challenging at all?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Shotgunning everyone? Nah, did it on my second playthrough after doing sneaky hacker with silenced SMG first. It's good to have AMR on hand for long range. As a bonus going loud is way quicker than sneaky hacky remote camera magic.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Bust Rodd posted:

I had only played the games and knew nothing about the lore so my impression of Triss going from my girlfriend to finding out she basically stole me from Yen and used me to get back at her etc was just a huge moment of insane whiplash for me, like a top 10 all time anime betrayal. So good, I wonder if a game will ever pull the rug for underneath me like that again

I haven't been able to trust after Yoshimo...

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

alex314 posted:

Shotgunning everyone? Nah, did it on my second playthrough after doing sneaky hacker with silenced SMG first. It's good to have AMR on hand for long range. As a bonus going loud is way quicker than sneaky hacky remote camera magic.

I liked playing as a grenade lobbing melee character. Just toss out three or four frag grenades and then go rushing in swinging my dorky gorilla noodles at anything left standing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/kotaku/status/1464295611109462017?s=21

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Drop that unfinished DLC while poo poo's hot!
-CDPR Executives

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

that motherfucker

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I wonder if anyone's tried to make the worst build possible. Maybe spreading out all your points evenly as you go and trying to optimize for the lowest possible damage or something. I think someone managed to beat the game using the dildo and fists exclusively with no cyberware but I'd have to look for that video again and I don't want to do any more damage to my retinas than I've already done.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

necrobobsledder posted:

I wonder if anyone's tried to make the worst build possible. Maybe spreading out all your points evenly as you go and trying to optimize for the lowest possible damage or something. I think someone managed to beat the game using the dildo and fists exclusively with no cyberware but I'd have to look for that video again and I don't want to do any more damage to my retinas than I've already done.

I for one, find tenderizing people to death with comically large phalluses quite relaxing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
RDR2 is the same price as cyberpunk.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Tenzarin posted:

RDR2 is the same price as cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk starting to look better and better

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

necrobobsledder posted:

It’s hard to make a bad build because none of the builds make any appreciable difference to the game, because the perks are all pretty poo poo/broken.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

That one still gets me every time I play BG2, even knowing how it’ll turn out. He’s just SUCH a bro!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Just execute him immediately every time. Yeah yeah Jaheira, you don't want us to kill innocent people. I promise you that one didn't count. I feel more sorry for all the goblins.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

itry posted:

Just execute him immediately every time. Yeah yeah Jaheira, you don't want us to kill innocent people. I promise you that one didn't count. I feel more sorry for all the goblins.

You monster! I bet you never took his heart to the temple...

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You monster! I bet you never took his heart to the temple...

My first reaction was "what heart?", but I think I probably did it once.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/cd-projekt-believes-cyberpunk-will-be-considered-a-very-good-game-in-the-long-run/

How long of a run do you think it needs to be?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Jack Trades posted:

Much like your posting

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Finished my first playthrough of CP2077. My opinions of it probably sound familiar:
  • story is interesting
  • city is cool
  • whew there are a bunch of bugs still
  • game design is 10 pounds of poo poo stuffed into a 5 pound bag
  • shion coyote is the best car

I don't think I got the secret ending, so I might go back and do another playthrough for that. I'll probably wait for some more fixes, especially on UI issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.