Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

LuckyCat posted:

Jesus Krishna. I know I'm not the fastest leveler in the world but I've got 60 hours in the game and I'll be hitting 40 this weekend.

they were power leveled pretty hard, due to the game being past scarcity. dozens of dungeons, town board stuffs, 600 gear waiting for them at cap, etc

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also lol I now have two broken/incompletable quests in my journal. Maybe I can fill it up with broken quests and then uninstall

Edit: LOL, their bug report system is to post in a thread with more than 700 posts in it, and guaranteed no human will ever read those posts. Nah not doing that.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 3, 2021

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

no we won royllo so completely that there were no wars at all for an entire week, and rather than wait for maybe server merges solving the problem in 2 months (on a dead world group) they decided to transfer to a much larger server right now and be the underdog again

Bad megatribe management. Always leave someone to punch, this is why we never invaded streamerhouse in Atlas, and why I advocated for defending them when GG took them down.

LuckyCat posted:

Jesus Krishna. I know I'm not the fastest leveler in the world but I've got 60 hours in the game and I'll be hitting 40 this weekend.

Leveling is very gamable in this here game. If you have a pack of high levels feeding you turn in's you can hit 60 in a day or two. There are tricks for leveling weapon skills too.

One of the first big hooplahs during Beta was streamers getting their slave armies to feed them turn in's then they'd get mad when they got merc'd in pvp by level 20's because streamers in general are the dumbest fuckers in existence.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 27, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

how did you end up with streamer house's island then?

it's not the worst island in the game anymore!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

how did you end up with streamer house's island then?

it's not the worst island in the game anymore!

We took it from Gucci Gang after a week straight of them off hour raiding us. Streamer house was fun to fight because they'd actually fight. Gucci Gang's never fought us they'd just offline raid us. The only time we we went face to face is when we took them down.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Gucci Gang were some rude rear end cheaters, DDDDD and his aimbot. they still aimbot in atlas but its with infinite range shotguns now instead of carbines

anyway royllo is whatever. our enemies kept server transferring off, first because the greens hated each other and had big drama (foliage's 3 companies) and then the others once the snowball was rolling in earnest and they were losing to purple's 30 people in addition to losing to us. no one has any faith that server merges are going to fix the problem when they happen in a few months so the call was made to go now.

edit: I was allied to streamerhouse in atlas season 5 and they most definitely did not fight. they had one good builder but he would run the gently caress away from everything and cry stream sniper the whole time. I am sure season 5 streamer house was very different than season 1, though this builder guy Link was there for both

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 27, 2021

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Discospawn posted:

I never know how to suggest this without sounding condescending, but people who were happy with New World often sound like people who would be blown away by Cookie Clicker.

Don’t hold back. Treat New World havers like pariahs, as if they have a commutable sex disease.

I want you to shame them and their heritage.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Rexicon1 posted:

Don’t hold back. Treat New World havers like pariahs, as if they have a commutable sex disease.

I want you to shame them and their heritage.

They gotta have some mental illness if they're hitting hundreds of hours in a game that literally changes every week and invalidates all your effort and yet are still doing it

e: does dumbass prosumer cover it? like along with the elon fans, star citizen and crypto

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 28, 2021

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
New World is really going for the realism.

If you don't pay your property tax on time you have to pay a late fee

Wondering if I just tanked my credit score

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Raged posted:

Nope, but every time you miss a payment, big Daddy Bezo does a shutdown of the trading posts for another ten minutes.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Raged posted:

Your taxes will be deducted from your Prime account.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
No evictions even mentioned yet, bezos aint that nice

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
haven't played in a long time but hasn't the faction token grind gotten worse with variable pvp quests so you cant grind the same few quests in great cleave or whatever anymore? even in the post scarcity game I don't think they ever implemented patch changes to make the grind better, just worse.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

tokens are harder to get, but they are no longer needed in huge quantity with resilient no longer being broken and 525 gear no longer being better than what you'd find on the tradepost for far less

material converters are cool and useful depending on your server's economy, and people need chisels occasionally, but the tokens that naturally come from people pushing and de-pushing territories is plenty for those

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 28, 2021

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm close to the endgame of new world where the only option for wm increases is pay all my gold to lvling crafting to make dungeon keys(and maybe get some money back from selling spots), or log on everyday for 1 hour to farm 24h respawn elite chests, or transfer to a high pop just to queue for outpost rush.

So many options! Kinda strange all the youtubers stopped making videos even though all everyone did was just read forum posts, way to follow in the footsteps of Tim Pool guys.... And then a youtuber made a video guide about what to do if your gonna quit the game, didn't think quitting the game needed a video guide but ok.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just buy all your end-game gear on the AH. There's enough out there where the prices aren't too bad anymore for 550ish and another month or so the 600s will be a lot cheaper.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It seems like most things are extraordinarily cheap. Every time I look at material prices, most things are selling less than .05 per unit. As I level, I can replace my entire armor set and weapons for less than 50g. It's nice but also it sucks to not be able to sell anything for more than 10g or so.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
End of game market is all consumables and lucky 600 gs stuff

Other option is to find a raw material you can gather easily (wood, leather, iron, hemp), get refining clothes, and refine it to the most profitable stage, most likely t3-t4

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 28, 2021

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

In addition to the game's history of exploits, prevalence of bots, etc., I imagine it's nearly impossible to sustain any kind of economy in a game with a quickly declining player population. If very few new people are joining the game, and the people who are leaving are the one's who made the most use of the auction house because they didn't have time for the game's insane grind, you're left with a population that largely consists of people who still play 40+ hours a week because they like the tree chopping animations and killing the same 1 enemy over and over again. That sounds like a lot of supply with no demand.

It'll be interesting to see the population tomorrow, as the game always takes a big hit on Mondays that it never recovers. It looks like it'll be even larger than the ~20% decline we've seen every week since release (although this may be more of a reflection of the game's downtime in Europe last week due to emergency issue).

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

Discospawn posted:

In addition to the game's history of exploits, prevalence of bots, etc., I imagine it's nearly impossible to sustain any kind of economy in a game with a quickly declining player population. If very few new people are joining the game, and the people who are leaving are the one's who made the most use of the auction house because they didn't have time for the game's insane grind, you're left with a population that largely consists of people who still play 40+ hours a week because they like the tree chopping animations and killing the same 1 enemy over and over again. That sounds like a lot of supply with no demand.

It'll be interesting to see the population tomorrow, as the game always takes a big hit on Mondays that it never recovers. It looks like it'll be even larger than the ~20% decline we've seen every week since release (although this may be more of a reflection of the game's downtime in Europe last week due to emergency issue).

NW really hosed up by having no reason to roll alts.

One of the most fun things about hitting max level/max gear in an MMO is then farming/buying tons of twink items for your alt(s). It keeps low/mid level areas populated, so new coming players don't feel like the entire game is a ghost town. And it gives crafters a reason to try to corner certain markets, not just end game gear.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Imo that's where they hosed up: not treating below 60 poo poo as the pointless distraction that it is

Alts don't matter for the economy because even at 60 to make an optimal suit for a different spec you gotta sink time/mats just like a full alt, but without the time investment of having to grind up an alt to try it, so they did a good thing there with making a single character capable of any role but only one role at a time. If they changed that to require alts, I'd have fuckin quit a long time ago. there's too much character specific poo poo (territory standing for instance,or craft skills) that I never want to regrind just to confirm "do bows suck unless you're very very good at using them as a player?"

(They also hosed that up by not giving us armor outfit slots or AT LEAST automatic swapping between pvp and pve sets based on flag status, but New World is notorious for lacking features considered standard in MMOs ten years ago and is a whole nother line of how AGS hosed up)

Everything sub 60 tho, just a fuckin joke/trap, like those expensive sub 60 legendary items that are just wastes of mats. They add stuff that makes it seem like you should be slowly grinding to 60 over months, which is an idiotic and outdated gameplay model to begin with, but the reality is that the game only exists at max level unless you are purely playing a gathering game in which case the only thing new world offers over 7d2d or Minecraft is the persistence/lack of wipes (right up until NW servers get shut down permanently next year, heh) whereas everything else is better in a real PvE survival game (except the melee combat but then you have last oasis PvE servers for that crowd of fighting gatherers)

yes technically a skilled 40 can kill a 60, but they can't 1vX 60s and *the game does not have the pvp minded population to make that fact matter* and since pvpers are all about optimal plays anyway, they're OBVIOUSLY going to rush 60.

everything pre 60 is a waste of time in this game and if they splintered it through something like sub 60 outpost rushes, the only thing they do well (pvp at 60) would be even harder to experience

They should be reducing the 60 grind to what it used to be and treating the grind to 60 as a tutorial rather than a meaningful gameplay experience ***because it loving isn't*** since everything is aimed at balance at 60.

Even the quests and stuff at low levels have some degree of incentive at higher levels since you still have a reason to get low level mats (for now) so you can back at 60 to First Light or whatever lowbie zones you skipped and still get mats and some quest gold without purely grinding mats (or you can do that too whatever) so it's not like their low level stuff is actually pointless at 60, they just failed completely to explain that because they don't know what the gently caress kind of game they want to build yet, even two months post release.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Tempora Mutantur posted:

Imo that's where they hosed up: not treating below 60 poo poo as the pointless distraction that it is

Alts don't matter for the economy because even at 60 to make an optimal suit for a different spec you gotta sink time/mats just like a full alt, but without the time investment of having to grind up an alt to try it, so they did a good thing there with making a single character capable of any role but only one role at a time. If they changed that to require alts, I'd have fuckin quit a long time ago. there's too much character specific poo poo (territory standing for instance,or craft skills) that I never want to regrind just to confirm "do bows suck unless you're very very good at using them as a player?"

Everything sub 60 tho, just a fuckin joke/trap, like those expensive sub 60 legendary items that are just wastes of mats. They add stuff that makes it seem like you should be slowly grinding to 60 over months, which is an idiotic and outdated gameplay model to begin with, but the reality is that the game only exists at max level unless you are purely playing a gathering game in which case the only thing new world offers over 7d2d or Minecraft is the persistence/lack of wipes (right up until NW servers get shut down permanently next year, heh) whereas everything else is better in a real PvE survival game (except the melee combat but then you have last oasis PvE servers for that crowd of fighting gatherers)

yes technically a skilled 40 can kill a 60, but they can't 1vX 60s and *the game does not have the pvp minded population to make that fact matter* and since pvpers are all about optimal plays anyway, they're OBVIOUSLY going to rush 60.

everything pre 60 is a waste of time in this game and if they splintered it through something like sub 60 outpost rushes, the only thing they do well (pvp at 60) would be even harder to experience

They should be reducing the 60 grind to what it used to be and treating the grind to 60 as a tutorial rather than a meaningful gameplay experience ***because it loving isn't*** since everything is aimed at balance at 60.

Even the quests and stuff at low levels have some degree of incentive at higher levels since you still have a reason to get low level mats (for now) so you can back at 60 to First Light or whatever lowbie zones you skipped and still get mats and some quest gold without purely grinding mats (or you can do that too whatever) so it's not like their low level stuff is actually pointless at 60, they just failed completely to explain that because they don't know what the gently caress kind of game they want to build yet, even two months post release.

who cares about them, the 1% are the best. thats why this game is booming

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Barreft posted:

who cares about them, the 1% are the best. thats why this game is booming

I mean they could alternatively add meaningful content for sub60 players and a reason for players who don't rush 60 to keep logging in, but that's like saying "they should simply make a good game that people can play how they want" which is obviously not in the cards any time soon/not remotely within the capacity of AGS

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Tempora Mutantur posted:

I mean they could alternatively add meaningful content for sub60 players and a reason for players who don't rush 60 to keep logging in, but that's like saying "they should simply make a good game that people can play how they want" which is obviously not in the cards any time soon/not remotely within the capacity of AGS

There's no monthly sub, they got their money.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Tempora Mutantur posted:

They need to make a Sub 30 outpost rush and a level 50 outpost rush. That was probably what pissed me off leveling up the most is why I couldn't get into some of the fun stuff earlier.

Even a FFA arena mode or something would be fun.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

alright I mean, fair, having something to do while leveling would've been great and broken up the monotony a lot, could have it award XP too for an added venue to 60

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
glad they have their priorities straight though, more ingame store skins to purchase!!

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/november-store-update

:rubby:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

sub-60 pvp modes would be a really good addition with the level scaling drastically reduced from what it was during beta

it would allow sub-60 vs sub-60 pvp to actually exist on a regular basis, which is pretty much over and done with now given that 60s have reason to both be flagged and visit low level zones

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hey just so i've got some context, what's leveling to 60 actually like in this game? I had this mental image of a wow-style nonstop questing extravaganza but now i'm not sure if that's the case

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

blatman posted:

hey just so i've got some context, what's leveling to 60 actually like in this game? I had this mental image of a wow-style nonstop questing extravaganza but now i'm not sure if that's the case

i grinded invasion portals from lvl 45 onwards with people from global chat, just a whole bunch of us clearing em out and earning several 1000s exp a pop running across the map

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Kill All Cops posted:

i grinded invasion portals from lvl 45 onwards with people from global chat, just a whole bunch of us clearing em out and earning several 1000s exp a pop running across the map

that actually sounds kinda cool so there has to be a catch, I like multiplayer games where you just zerg a bunch of open world events with a ton of random players, it kinda fits my old mental image of mmorpg raids before I actually experienced them

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
the catch was that i did it within the first month or so when there were actually players to make it go quick and easy, i dunno what it's like nowadays

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just remove the leveling system. No levels and the only thing you need to level is your weapon skills. You do the MSQ for stuff like upgrading your azoth staff or camps unless you’re like Wreckis and wanna rock a T3 camp the rest of the game. :v:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It would be nice to be able to do something, anything below 60.
I guess there must be more people like me, just not rushing too much who have zero idea what the actual selling point of the game even is. I have zero clue what what makes it unique or interesting and I am not going to rush and burn out just to find out.

If I rush I will bin the game before I am 60 from burnout, if I chill and do what I am doing and have fun I have no concept of what the game has to offer / is all about.

In short, lol and lmao.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I'm on the verge of quitting because of bots. Everything I do I have to compete with bots for the resources. I'm just going to put this out there. I'm bad at video games. I make up for it with effort. So it's pretty frustrating that I have to compete with the same bots week after week that steal my spots. I figured out how easy it was to farm rawhide from lvl 2 boars in windsward and a bot shows up and farms my spot for 3 weeks straight 24 hours a day and crashes the rawhide market.

I leveled arcana to 200 and make health potions for my company. When they created the alkahest potions that require hyssop they added stress to me, because now I have to compete with hyssop bots. I had a farming spot before bots started farming herbs, but a bot took my spot. So it makes me mad that I have to move because the bot has been farming my route for two weeks straight.

I'm not mad that bots exist. I'm mad that a bot can exist for multiple weeks that are clearly being reported because I've reported them.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The potion changes suck - if they’re going to make it require more mats the least they could do is give it a double crafting chance

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Kill All Cops posted:

glad they have their priorities straight though, more ingame store skins to purchase!!

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/november-store-update

:rubby:

Nice, very reminiscent of Anthem. Doesn't matter if the game is circling the drain, just keep milking the whales.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
On my server bots are literally camping every starmetal and Ori node. 24/7. Same goes for pretty much all the fiber nodes too. There is really no point to playing anymore. You can't earn decent gold from crafting or selling anything.

Uninstalling last night and just watching the game die is a much more relaxing lifestyle. Too many good games on this steam sale.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

skimming through the posts since i quit a few weeks ago and every page is full of bugs and stuff that would justify anyone quitting this game forever

lol

lmao

lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Ash1138 posted:

skimming through the posts since i quit a few weeks ago and every page is full of bugs and stuff that would justify anyone quitting this game forever

lol

lmao

lmbo

Yes, but the Brain Worms!