Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

You're gonna get your loving head kicked in.

Two months ago, Kenoh and Nakajima fought in the finals of the N-1 and it loving ruled. Since then, Kenoh has won the GHC National TItle from Mochizuki and Nakajima parlayed his N-1 win into beating Marufuji for the GHC Heavyweight title. Now here's the rub. NOAH has a show at the Nippon Budokan on January first, Kenoh's birthday. Kenoh wants to main event that show, but he can only get top billing if he is the GHC Heavyweight Champion, so he is challenging his stable mate and putting his own belt on the line as payment. The last time NOAH did a match for these two titles was last year's 60 minute draw with Kenoh facing Go Shiozaki which also ruled. Go has been out injured since March and Nakajima has been subtly calling him out, so hope for an appearance if Nakajima walks out today as champion.

I'm so excited for the main event, and even if it's really a one match show that one match is going to hard carry, both these guys have the stamina to go an hour and they enjoy beating the absolute dogshit out of each other. The show will be broadcast live and free on Abema.tv and live on Wrestle Universe with English commentary. Come watch, it's going to be great.

forkboy84 posted:

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH The Best 2021
Yoyogi National Stadium 2nd Gymnasium, Yoyogi
Kai Fujimura vs Kinya Okada
Los Perros Del Mal de Japon (Kotaro Suzuki & YO-HEY) vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu)
Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs Funky Express (Akitoshi Saito, King Tny & Muhammad Yone
Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada, Hajime Ohara, Kaito Kiyomiya & Yasutaka Yano vs Kongo (Aleja, Haoh, Manabu Soya, Nioh & Tadasuke)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Los Perros Del Mal de Japon (Eita & NOSAWA Rongai)(c) vs Stinger (HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa)
M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh, Masato Tanaka & Naomichi Marufuji) vs Sugiuragun (Kazushi Sakuraba, Kazuyuki Fujita & Takashi Sugiura)
GHC Heavyweight & GHC National Titles: Katsuhiko Nakajima(c) vs Kenoh(c)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This main event is gonna be loving crazy :hellyeah:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That main is gonna be extra solid, here's hoping I don't fall asleep midway through.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I really want to see the Main Event so I'm hoping to stay awake to do so but the drat time differences.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

One hour until this starts. Looks like there's a preshow on the Japanese side as they're starting earlier than the English stream

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Excited for all the kicking that's about to happen, but I'm gonna have to watch it in the morning. Save some kicks for me!

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oh hell yeah

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

On the Abema preshow they showed highlights of the Tanaka defence, including when Katsu punted him in the head as hard as he could. It's no less horrifying in hindsight

Also the ending of the Kenoh/Mocchy match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

English stream is live, Fulton and Pickering going down the card.

Japanese stream has Shingo and Okada interviews, we're living in a brand new world of wrestling

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I really enjoy listening to Fulton and Pickering.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC3IlQWVxcw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

J-Ro posted:

I really enjoy listening to Fulton and Pickering.

I love whenever I hear "The Kohra-Koo-En Hall!"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah, love my large kickboy Okada

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

take me on that voyage, boys

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fujimura is like a chihuahua attacking a dog three times it's size

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Oh yeah gimme all those fancy camera shots.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I don't mind Suzuki or Susumu, they're solid enough. But dammit, just give me Yoshioka vs YO-HEY, they're two of the best in the division

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

I don't mind Suzuki or Susumu, they're solid enough. But dammit, just give me Yoshioka vs YO-HEY, they're two of the best in the division

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I've got a bad feeling that the Suzuki storyline will end with him joining Stinger AGAIN somehow, featuring the guy who betrayed him twice and the guy who he brought into the company, who swiftly betrayed him.

Also I like that YO-HEY got turned into a giant arsehole after getting betrayed by HAYATA, Tadasuke and Yoshioka in the last year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KENTA!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KENTA!!!

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

kenta you rear end in a top hat

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lil K in the Budokan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He's gonna be on the January 1st card, loving awesome!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Rebuild Differ you cowards.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Olds vs Beefs

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Saito's age is still listed as - because they only have space for two digits

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

J-Ro posted:

Rebuild Differ you cowards.

Make Yone the King of Funky Express again or bring in Ryusuke Taguchi to be their God, you cowards!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I can't believe the older team won :geno:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Tany's italo-disco theme is a bop tho.

Edit: oh this is going to be a mess.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yano riding high after his big win the other show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The ref turning around all,"Woah so THAT is why the entire ring was shaking!?! :aaa:" :lol:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Miu Watanabe furiously taking notes on Soya's swinging sleeper.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sweet running suplex from Ohara

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Back half of that match was a ton of fun.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was some fun nonsense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Commentary promised an announcement after the ring was disinfected but after the disinfection they went straight to the next match! And it's a NOSAWA match! :argh:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's a shame NOSAWA sucks so much, because his theme is great

Jerusalem posted:

Commentary promised an announcement after the ring was disinfected but after the disinfection they went straight to the next match! And it's a NOSAWA match! :argh:

I assumed it was the KENTA thing from earlier and Fulton just misread his callsheet

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I don't enjoy looking at NOSAWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Jerusalem posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!