Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
He's practically doing Richard III, all hunched and staggering around. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also he likes chili. I like chili too.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
lmao nice thread dork,,,

NOT!!!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gbs but from 2004 posted:

lmao nice thread dork,,,

NOT!!!

Can I borrow a pencil?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:one: more thing, OP

You ain't bad, kid :ocelot: :clint:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Just one more thing, OP…

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

and one more thing...

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I always hated how they revealed who did it in the beginning. Talk about not following formulaic tv!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I always hated how they revealed who did it in the beginning. Talk about not following formulaic tv!

It's a "howcatchem" not a "whodunnit".

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ive only seen one episode of columbo but i remember he kinda tricks the guy at the end

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
columbo was a pretty good show. it's got a lot of great classic actors in it as villains, too

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

numberoneposter posted:

ive only seen one episode of columbo but i remember he kinda tricks the guy at the end
Every episode of Columbo is a maddening assault of the bourgeoisie against the rule of law.

Columbo himself is dismissed as a lesser man, a base intellect, because of his disheveled exterior.

In the end, neither money nor power can thwart the truth.

And that's why it's a fake TV show instead of a docudrama. But drat fine seeing rich 70s fucks get served humble pie ever Saturday on MEtv

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i think this is the ep i saw

https://columbophile.com/2019/08/13/columbo-full-episode-etude-in-black/

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Columbo is really good. Everyone wishes they were a little like him. Like yeah i may look like an idiot whit bad clothes and im kind of annoying but actually im reallyy smart and useful and a good guy too.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Columbo is really good. Everyone wishes they were a little like him. Like yeah i may look like an idiot whit bad clothes and im kind of annoying but actually im reallyy smart and useful and a good guy too.

those were normal seventies clothes

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I got this confused with parry Mason. What’s the difference? The new parry Mason was real good btw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nuts and Gum posted:

I got this confused with parry Mason. What’s the difference? The new parry Mason was real good btw

Perry Mason's not a detective

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

It's the back half of this that I'm still working on

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Columbo helped me realize that actually me being a weird goony gently caress is something everyone else has to put up with, not something I have to fix. Everyone's always coming to me with poo poo they need help with so hey they can deal with me saying phrases like "the fuckin', the fuckin uhhh floor sauce" or call machines by the noises they make because my brain locked up and won't let me remember words like "heart monitor"

Columbo is good, is my point

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
monk is the superior mentally abnormal detective

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Play posted:

monk is the superior mentally abnormal detective

A Monk and Columbo team up would've been great.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

What's the difference between this guy and kojak

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

What's the difference between this guy and kojak

Columbo: Has hair, smokes cigars, always says "one more thing.."
Kojak: Bald, sucks on lollipops, always says "Who loves ya baby"

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Just one more thing… * drops pants and jerks off to completion*

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

runnypoops posted:

i'm gonna have to send ya to the columbo dimension

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Watch Mikey and Nicky, OP

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

shameful columbo confession: i kinda liked no time to die even tho it's like an anti-columbo episode of columbo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

COLUMBO: I'm sorry. I'm confused. You said earlier that you knew these gentlemen-

SMOLLET: Yes, I hired them as personal trainers. You have to keep in shape for roles lieutenant, it's hardly uncommon-

COLUMBO: Well, here's what's bothering me. The attack occurred at 2 in the morning-

SMOLLET: Yes

COLUMBO: Well most people, i actually have a cousin who dabbles in personal training- he's a bodybuilder- very buff I actually asked him if maybe he would consider training me a little, for Mrs. Columbo,

SMOLLET: Get to the point lieutenant

COLUMBO: Oh. Sorry. anyway he says- its very rare for a personal trainer to meet with clients at 2 in the morning. How did they know where to find you.

SMOLLET: *laughs* really lieutenant. is that all. I wish you came to me with these questions sooner. They texted me that I needed to purchase 4 eggs for my training.

COLUMBO: At two in the morning.

SMOLLET: Timing your meals is very important when body-building. Small snacks throughout the day is how man was meant to eat.

COLUMBO: You know I read that. But you needed to buy four eggs.

SMOLLET: Bodegas sell eggs in packs of 4 lieutenant

COLUMBO: Well yes. But: you're not hurting for money. you're on a very successful tv show. You couldn't buy a dozen eggs and then use the other 8 for something else later-

SMOLLET: They texted me four eggs lieutenant.

COLUMBO:

SMOLLET:

COLUMBO: Well you've certainly given me a lot to think about sir.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gfj1FFaC0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbUrjDDgv1g

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Columbo is the capital of Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) . IDIOT

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

runnypoops posted:

https://i.imgur.com/R7vxCw5.mp4

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I've been watching Columbo for the first time recently and it's actually insane how well it holds up. Was Peter Falk an esteemed stage actor or something beforehand? Dude goes hard as gently caress.

I haven't been watching in chronological order, but what are some of your guys' favorite guest stars? I was pleasantly surprised by William Shatner, and Dik Van Dyke's episode was just outstanding.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Labrador posted:

I've been watching Columbo for the first time recently and it's actually insane how well it holds up. Was Peter Falk an esteemed stage actor or something beforehand? Dude goes hard as gently caress.

Yes. He got his start playing Richard III in Shakespeare, apparently.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Johnny Cash's episode is good. Patrick McGoohan shows up a couple times and is has a great intensity to him.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

speaking of trek alumni, leonard nimoy also did a pretty solid episode of columbo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hard counter posted:

speaking of trek alumni, leonard nimoy also did a pretty solid episode of columbo

Believe it or not, Lieutenant, I'm watching that one right now.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yes. He got his start playing Richard III in Shakespeare, apparently.

I thought you were just making a reference in the OP, but that's badass. It makes a lot of sense though. The whole character of Columbo feels weirdly high-minded compared to most detective-type characters in modern fiction, but I can't place a finger on why. Does anyone know if Falk wrote about his acting of the character anywhere? That seems like it'd be a fantastic read.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Labrador posted:

I thought you were just making a reference in the OP, but that's badass. It makes a lot of sense though. The whole character of Columbo feels weirdly high-minded compared to most detective-type characters in modern fiction, but I can't place a finger on why. Does anyone know if Falk wrote about his acting of the character anywhere? That seems like it'd be a fantastic read.

He wrote a book but I haven't read it.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Columbo: Has hair, smokes cigars, always says "one more thing.."
Kojak: Bald, sucks on lollipops, always says "Who loves ya baby"

Thanks. I've only ever seen telly savalas in that one movie involving a military prison break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Columbo looks like he smells bad