Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
buglord for gbs mod
Yes!
No, because I am scared of a better GBS.
View Results

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
You lost me at nuking the cursed thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Make this man the president or whatever, I sort of skimmed everything.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

gently caress you, I need the cursed thread.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

-ban tugging or mention of tugging

MODS!!!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What's your stance on anime

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Anyone who wants the job shouldn't have it.
Also anyone who doesn't.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

no goku option, this is not grassroots gbs

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

You lost me with that one.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Bring back WDMA or GTFO

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

you're hired, OP. Here's your posting shovel. There's some threads out there in dire need of good posting and you just volunteered to save them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If I were a mod I'd bring back the DeviantArt thread but make horny posting bannable.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm strongly against the op being made mod.

I don't like whatever it is they did it said I'm sure of it

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

Greetings all, posters and lurkers alike. My name is buglord and I invite you to take a seat and imagine with me a future where I rule over GBS. In this new GBS, I will improve the average posting quality twofold and reduce the need for draconian probations by half. With my innovative and forward looking policies, we can once again become the crown jewel of the forums, and eventually bring the state of the website back to the glory days of old.

Just a few of my policies which are part of my platform for Posting Towards the Future.

- Nuke the China and Cursed images Megathreads
- Return of mod challenges
- Rehabilitate those posters who were punished for covertly posting Doobies Doghouse threads when the repressive manlove regime forbade talk of such matters
-posting workshops hosted each friday
-lurker outreach programs to bring our best and brightest who have yet to share their wealth of comedy and knowledge with the rest of us.
- Genesplicer Pension fund for those of us above the ages of 55.

You know in your heart that im the mod that GBS needs. A vote for me is a vote for the future.

Im in for the retirement fund. Im getting old as gently caress.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have you ever covered for a Star Trek paedophile OP? If the answer is no, I doubt the other mods will allow you to join them.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

I hope you understand my ways.

Your ways sound like poo poo, OP. Next time bring good ideas

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

2) I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of furaffinity,

You have lost my vote

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
OP is not Nooner, so no.

And after reading what you would actually do, make that double No and go stick your head in an outhouse.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

these are the only kind of mods I wanna see in my gbs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't be worse than the current lot. i say let them mod.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

Greetings all, posters and lurkers alike. My name is buglord and I invite you to take a seat and imagine with me a future where I rule over GBS. In this new GBS, I will improve the average posting quality twofold and reduce the need for draconian probations by half. With my innovative and forward looking policies, we can once again become the crown jewel of the forums, and eventually bring the state of the website back to the glory days of old.

Just a few of my policies which are part of my platform for Posting Towards the Future.

- Nuke the China and Cursed images Megathreads
- Return of mod challenges
- Rehabilitate those posters who were punished for covertly posting Doobies Doghouse threads when the repressive manlove regime forbade talk of such matters
-posting workshops hosted each friday
-lurker outreach programs to bring our best and brightest who have yet to share their wealth of comedy and knowledge with the rest of us.
- Genesplicer Pension fund for those of us above the ages of 55.

You know in your heart that im the mod that GBS needs. A vote for me is a vote for the future.

Why would I want any of this to happen

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

super sweet best pal posted:

You lost me with that one.
we must post towards the future my friend, if you want a nation of tuggers I invite you to reddit.

Hedrigall posted:

You have lost my vote
hedri, our shared past has been long and rocky, but when im mod we can get you a mod sanctioned lion appreciation thread, right here in gbs. give it a think.
and this sucker, right here, will be the first target of posting reform.

Smugworth posted:

What's your stance on anime
anime is a complicated subject and is wholly dependent on the type of anime and to forbid or allow it at this time is kind of anyways, what can I do to get your vote? I'm sure you have plenty of wishes

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

how about we make you an IK, only without the K

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Raere posted:

how about we make you an IK, only without the K

you're a good poster raere, one of the best who should definitely make a judge judy thread already for heavens sake. but these kinds of comments are dangerous for your posting career, know what i mean? i'll let this slide as a personal favor to you. when im mod in a few weeks, I might not be able to be as generous.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
give me mod powers

be prepared to be pleasantly surprised

:D

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t think so OP

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I support Nooner as mod or IK as well
Let's shake things up a bit

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Elect me and I will ban you all

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'll help get you elected OP if you vow to make it so that the report button bans people who use it more than once a month.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Is that guy mod yet? Why not?! :mad:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

I'll help get you elected OP if you vow to make it so that the report button bans people who use it more than once a month.

Now this is the kind of posting reform we need!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Asking for modship has historically gone very well for the requestor.

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

In this new GBS, I will improve the average posting quality twofold and reduce the need for draconian probations by half.

Twofold? Frankly that's not very many fold.

I'd like to see the need for draconian probations halved, that would be great, but I'd also like to see the implementation of draconian probations doubled or even tripled.

You have my ear OP but I don't know if I'm entirely sold yet...

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Surely you can offer Nooner a position in your cabinet op?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Chinatown posted:

give me mod powers

be prepared to be pleasantly surprised

:D
I like the cut of your jib, when you come back I want to see your policy platform for the forums. You and I can take revenge on the venerable genesplicer, disliker of poop or mom jokes.

Smugworth posted:

Surely you can offer Nooner a position in your cabinet op?
Nooner is a fellow poster in arms who has only threadshat in my threads only a couple of times, he can get a posting chateau and av cert if I win.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Enough about draconian probations. How about draconian waifus? That's what I want to hear about, OP.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Meme Poker Party posted:

Enough about draconian probations. How about draconian waifus? That's what I want to hear about, OP.
Patience, Snaketits. Bigger things are happening this very moment. There's at least 12 counterrevolutionaries in our thread, trying to steal our vision of a prosperous SA. As my newly assigned ideological enforcement chief, I need you to give me the names of the 12 posters who voted against me being the rightful ruler of GBS.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
i mostly lurk but i like voting. i voted yes to thank you for the poll

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Op what would you say to your constituents who believe you won't be tough on Wizard Master posts? She's currently terrorizing GBS and other smaller subforums unabated, and they're demanding justice! Will you continue the status quo of turning a blind eye while probing innocent posters like Big Beef City just to keep lining your pockets?

edit: thank you spinz

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Smugworth posted:

Op what would you say to your constituents who believe you won't be tough on Wizard Master posts? He's currently terrorizing GBS and other smaller subforums unabated, and they're demanding justice! Will you continue the status quo of turning a blind eye while probing innocent posters like Big Beef City just to keep lining your pockets?
He?

I think WM might be a lady and at this point they are a net plus for gbs