Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CM VS QT 1 1.12%
GUNNS VS BEARS 2 2.25%
ROSA VS HAYTER 29 32.58%
DANIELSON VS CABANA 8 8.99%
FTR, ANDRADE AND BLACK VS DEATH QUADRILOGY 49 55.06%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

these are kind of loving laughable, Scorpio has had like 1 win in singles on a tv show THIS YEAR. CM Punk has had more televised singles wins!

reach. for the. sky. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

these are kind of loving laughable, Scorpio has had like 1 win in singles on a tv show THIS YEAR. CM Punk has had more televised singles wins!

he's pinned Chris Jericho TWICE in one month

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DLC Inc posted:

Yeah the rankings are dumb as hell and as someone else said earlier itt, they only mean what Tony wants them to mean. They should just get rid of them for reasons just like this.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

oh hell yeah

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah the rankings are dumb as hell and as someone else said earlier itt, they only mean what Tony wants them to mean. They should just get rid of them for reasons just like this.

they're the most accurate and reflective of real life sports ranking systems of any professional wrestling attempt at the concept

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1466155141451579396

Tag division rankings are very interesting right now.

Kinda neat that Jungle Boy is in the top 5 of two different divisions. I'm assuming that's probably happened before, probably with Kenny and/or Hangman at least?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm gonna laugh hearing Hangman be a sad loser on commentary when he sees Danielson destroying V :twisted:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

they're the most accurate and reflective of real life sports ranking systems of any professional wrestling attempt at the concept

I understand that but then you have this example where Scorpio is "12-1" which lumps in a whole bunch of non-singles matches and it's just really weird.

Your point that he's pinned Jericho twice this year is a lot more of a compelling argument for a title shot than these very very kayfabe rankings.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I understand that but then you have this example where Scorpio is "12-1" which lumps in a whole bunch of non-singles matches and it's just really weird.

Your point that he's pinned Jericho twice this year is a lot more of a compelling argument for a title shot than these very very kayfabe rankings.

why do you think him pinning jericho twice is not a factor in the rankings

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

The rankings are a useful guide, if you expect anything more than that it's on you. I love how they are just there, they don't overwhelm the show or drag anything down, and they give good enough reasons for matches to happen precisely because they don't get bogged down trying to overexplain things. Apart from when Big Bumps Tony has the odd twitter meltdown, but y'know....

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

racking up wins on dark to earn a title shot is a time honored AEW tradition used famously by current champions such as Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

The rankings are good. I like them in the nameplates.

Tweak posted:

racking up wins on dark to earn a title shot is a time honored AEW tradition used famously by current champions such as Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D.

grinding is cool

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think Christian tries to turn heel and JB refuses which costs them the tag titles and starts the JB/Christian feud we've been building to. I also think Gunn Club loses to Darby/Sting. Then FTR loses 2/3 falls. That frees us up to go to Luchas/PnP at Revolution which sounds killer as gently caress to me.

But idk, I'm down for whatever ride. AEW good.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bryan would already be the #1 rank even without the tournament stipulation.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
people do more gymnastics in order to discredit the rankings than tony does to get them where he wants them to be

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

people do more gymnastics in order to discredit the rankings than tony does to get them where he wants them to be

yeah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

Kinda neat that Jungle Boy is in the top 5 of two different divisions. I'm assuming that's probably happened before, probably with Kenny and/or Hangman at least?

I'm pretty sure Jungle Boy's done it before too

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1466157235751591944

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
ALL THE GOOD METAL GEARS DON'T HAVE SOLID SNAKE

Might be too long but still true

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

MGS1 shoots that idea in the foot (hell so does Ghost Babel), but barring that kind of

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

low-key dynamites = best dynamites

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They should bring in the Briscoes just so we can have Mark do commentary on Elevation and Dark

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is his singles record. Watch Dark, folks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I'll keep an open mind but I don't know if I need two hours of Hangman on commentary. Hopefully it's just for the angle and he's out early.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1466096587676000262?t=T_kt9c7OHOrGRoGB_x4aeg&s=19

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Things you don't expect to see on a random Dark match

https://imgur.com/yoFjcOp.mp4

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

1glitch0 posted:

I'll keep an open mind but I don't know if I need two hours of Hangman on commentary. Hopefully it's just for the angle and he's out early.

He'll probably only do commentary during Danielson/Angels and then Danielson will win, start torturing Angels after the match and Hangman will run in to make the save

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

She also looks surprised she hit it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ok Tony I know you're not big on intergender matches but you gotta use this angle to run Danielson vs Tay

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mr. Squishy posted:

The best part of this is that it happened like 90 seconds into the match with absolutely no build up. I laughed my rear end off just like Taz and Exclaibur did.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hanger's going to inerrupt Bryan on the ramp and say "Hey, let's have the title match now, you don't have to beat up V" and Bryan is going to explain that Bryan v. V has been booked and advertised, and they even made a Road To about it, and call Hangman a coward.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1466087708313505799

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Don't be silly Darby, we all know you'd have found the time to fit it in somehow anyway :rolleyes:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Why not?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

neoaxd posted:

Why not?

Not as big of a fan as others are.

It's Wednesday and you know what that means (set your couch on fire and jump over it!)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I guess we moved on from that, but Hangman should do commentary for the whole show while getting shoot drunk.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hanger's going to inerrupt Bryan on the ramp and say "Hey, let's have the title match now, you don't have to beat up V" and Bryan is going to explain that Bryan v. V has been booked and advertised, and they even made a Road To about it, and call Hangman a coward.

He could also say that he prepared for V, not Hangman and that Hangman would love to fight an unprepared man like the coward he is.